[Verified by Crosspatch] Vinn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Vinn

Postby Vinn on March 27th, 2014, 2:45 am

Vinn S 'veldt

Name: Vinn Ecestal S'veldt
Race: Mixed Blood
(Half Symenestra, Half Vantha)

Height: 5' 8''
Weight: 142 lbs
Date of Birth: 92nd of Winter, 490 AV

Profession: Tattoo Artist
Current Location: Lhavit

Theme :

Appearance

Vinn has always despised the traditional feminine look. One day when she was a young teenager, she decided to chop off all her hair where it remains today; short and messy, resembling the appearance as if a razor dragged itself through. The colour of her hair is naturally a platinum blond, so vibrant that it is mistakenly thought to be white. She has dyed it a darker shade of blonde; however, one large spot of white refuses to be coloured. Like a scar, it never fades and it will never heal, leaving her with a birth mark of sorts.

Her irises are a vivid purple, sitting on the borderline between violet, dark rose and deep purple. They always seem dull and uninviting and even darker in times of annoyance, but when she is put in her area of interest, they sparkle and shine.

Her skin tone is fair and unblemished besides the various tattoos and piercings that litter her body. She doesn’t resemble her mother or her father when it comes to the shade of her skin. She is neither tan nor pale, but a mix of the two.

She’s always wearing loose fitting clothing with the colour black somewhere on her person. Although she is a colourful girl both physically and mentally, she favours dark colours over the more stunning ones. She likes to wear any cheap makeup she can get her hands on, but mostly she settles for black eyeliner or eye shadow.

She’s a slender woman with a medium frame, weighing in at around one hundred forty two pounds with a height of five foot eight. She has always been considered beautiful, her mother handing down the trait. She has average sized ears, semi-plump lips and a small nose. Below are pictures of the tattoos and piercings she bears:

Tattoos and Piercings :

Personality

Vinn is a woman of many different attributes, some often coinciding with one another. She can waver between friendly and nasty, but often tends to be hovering in the middle. She’s a very stubborn and rebellious individual. Her independence and standoffishness pose her as a very reclusive person, untrusting of others and defiant when faced with authority. She can be hot tempered, always demanding for her own opinions to be heard.

She likes to be different from everyone else and shows this not only through her fashion choices but through her actions and words. She’s creative, inventive and unique and is tenacious in proving those traits. She has always not had much empathy for others, but when it comes to others’ opinions and ideas, she is always open to listen to what they have to say, occasionally throwing in her own two cents. She isn’t one for friends, and will try to wiggle out of relationships.

She has been described as being a one night stand kind of girl, her sexual interests being in the same gender. Vinn is adventurous and loves to face danger, taking risks all too frequently.

She also has a loud imaginative side, however, which she uses much more often. She loves to draw and paint and let her emotions spill out onto anything she can get her hands on whether it is paper, the sides of buildings or through the words that leave her lips. ImageWhen she is put in her area of expertise, she becomes an entirely different person full of inspiration. Her mind leaves her for the time being as her heart shows what she is deep on the inside through the art she creates.

However, when she isn’t making art, she tends to be the stubborn, defiant and rebellious person she always is.

She loves to drink and can often be found in a tavern or at a bar sitting and laughing next to the largest and loudest group there. She also has a fondness for smoking, and seldom does with the clay pipe she had handed down to her from her grandfather.

Overall, she's a well rounded woman with flaws and perfections abound, but once you really get to know her and once she lets you open her up like the book with a lock she usually is, she's a relatively easy person to hang out with.

History

Vinn’s history in her own words:

“So you’re interested in my history, huh? You want to know how devastating and sorrowful my background is? Where I came from and how I turned out the way I am today? Well, I’ll tell you, but without the tears and the whines. And I’ll tell you how it all happened even before I was born. Let’s start there- before I was born.

My mother was a Symenestra who lived in the depths of the city of Kalinor. Pretty cool, eh? She had a rich father who was well known about his people. Her mother was also very popular amongst the ladies. The two were very happy with one another, but disapproved of their daughter.

One day, my mother had caught sight of a young man of Vantha heritage one day while she was lurking about on the outskirts of the city. He was handsome and tall with dashing green eyes that shifted with every mood change. She told me it was love at first sight, right? And that she would forever be happy in her arms for as long as they knew each other? Well, it didn’t turn out to be all that easy. The man she loved didn’t know she existed, and frankly, he feared the spider people.

She tried her best to work up the courage to go and talk to him, but she always doubted herself until one day she accidentally made a noise when she was watching him. She was behind a tree, before stepping on a branch and tripping over a root. She feel face first and embarrassed herself, and the man noticed. Instead of running away in fear like she had expected, he laughed at her. He couldn’t help it, he just laughed. ImageHe helped her up after he was done and the two began to talk. Apparently, from my mother’s side of the story, she didn’t think he knew who she was and where she came from. From my father’s side of the story, however, he knew what she was, but was open minded and decided to wait and see what was going to happen.

The two decided to talk and share secrets, meeting secretly after dark every other day. Soon it was every day until the love grew so strong that my mother got pregnant with me. Smart move, huh? She was only around seventeen before she gave birth to me. She never told her parents about the man and before they could know she was holding a baby, she left the city to never return.

She raised me in Alvadas, conning people out of their money and belongings. She was a thief and urged me to help her, but I rejected her offer. I didn’t want to be that type of person no matter how much I didn’t like others.

I’m not sure why I turned out the way I am now. I just had a natural disinterest in other people. I was always pessimistic, but creative and inventive in my own unique way. I loved art from the moment I was able to pick up a stick of charcoal and smudge my fingers around a piece of paper. It was something I became so passionate about.

My mother never told me all that much about my father. When I was very little he would come and go, checking up on her and myself every now and then. But one day he just stopped coming by altogether. It caused my mother a lot of grief and pain, and I think that’s what made her turn to thievery. She wanted to take her anger and sadness out on other people. That, or she was just a vagik in general.

I continued to draw and paint throughout my childhood, exploring and risking for adventure all the while. I had a knack for getting myself into all sorts of trouble both physically and verbally. I was never close to my mother, and honestly, I didn’t really like her. She acted so immature and often neglected me, unlike how a real mother shouldn’t.

Finally when I was old enough, I decided to leave Alvadas to travel to Lhavit. Why Lhavit you ask? I don’t have an answer for you, because I really don’t know. It just came to me one day, and I was so eager to leave and get away from my mother that I just up and said, “Mum, I’m leaving,” and I did just that. I didn’t even glance over my shoulder. I packed up all my artistic equipment, gathered some clothing and made sure to travel with some buddies I had made from when I was younger.

I travelled for the longest time, almost getting eaten by a bear. One day I swear that goose knew me as its enemy in a past life, because the moment it laid its eyes on me, it flew right in my face and started attacking. ImageThankfully I escaped that situation and ended up seeing the crystalline towers of my destination.

I parted ways with my buddies and walked through those big, old gates into the city where I would start my new life in. It was amazing and although I still remember my mother and my past life in Alvadas, I never think about it for two long before shifting my attention to something of more importance.

And so here I am, lazily hanging out with the people of Lhavit. Pretty boring, right? There’s nothing special to it. I’m just another average day person with average aspirations. Although, I’m different and unique in my own way and don’t you forget it."

Last edited by Vinn on March 30th, 2014, 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sorry to everyone I happen to be threading with at the moment, but I will be inactive for a week or two due to school work and soccer tournaments.
Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Words: 35272
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2014, 2:40 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Vinn

Postby Vinn on March 27th, 2014, 2:46 am

Knowledge

Skills
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Tattooing 10 RB, 10 SP 20 Novice
Painting 15 SP, 2 XP 17/100 Novice
Drawing 15 SP 15 Novice
Impersonation 10 SP 10/100 Novice
Observation 2 XP 2/100 Novice
Animal Husbandry 1 XP 1/100 Novice

Lores
Pipe Packing
Pressure Points of the Body
Holding One's Breath to Keep Straight Lines
Control While Painting: Cupping the Elbow
Painting: A Box of Red, and Lines of Blue
Interrupted by a Raven
A Name Born of Epiphany: Aero
Aero: A New Companion

Language
Fluent • Common
Basic • Symenos
Poor • Vani

Last edited by Vinn on May 2nd, 2014, 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sorry to everyone I happen to be threading with at the moment, but I will be inactive for a week or two due to school work and soccer tournaments.
Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Vinn

Postby Vinn on March 27th, 2014, 2:51 am

Possessions

Inventory
Clothing :
Simple Black Shirt
Simple Black Pants
Simple Black Coat
Simple Undergarments
Simple Boots
Black Leather Belt
Black Leather Corset
Purple Cotton Blouse

Backpack Contents :
Skyglass Comb & Brush
Razor
Soap
Food for a week
Eating Knife
Flint & Steel
Flask (w/ rum)
Ink Sticks
Blank Book
Quill
Vial of Ink
Clay Pipe
Blue Vision Tobacco (2)

Artist's Toolkit Contents :
Various brushes of different sizes (tiny/detail brush, small brush, medium brush & large brush)
A number of different sizes of canvases
A few small bowls
A handful of specially shaped charcoal
Ink sticks
Paint pigments (red, green & blue)
Paint binders
Wooden Palette

Rucksack Contents :
3 Pottery jars filled with red, green and blue paint respectively
Small Brush
Medium Brush
Large Brush
Tiny/Detail Brush
Wooden Palette

Other :
Blank Book
Quill
Ink (3 oz.)
Kohl Eyeliner Stick (2 oz.)
Cosmetic Brush
Waterskin
(Drug) Poppers
(Drug) Funkus (2)

Heirloom
ImageVinn's grandfather has handed down a clay pipe from the many generations before him. Eventually, Vinn was given the instrument with warning. It is something she treasures until this day.

Housing
Vinn currently lives in a cheap, single room apartment located in the middle of the city in the Solar Wind Apartments. There is one window positioned on the in the middle of the far side wall that barely opens. The wallpaper is an off white to beige shade and the hard wooden floors are a little uneven, yet acceptable.

The room is sparsely furnished, containing a canopy bed, a wooden desk, a soft and rounded chair, a hearth and a couch. Two small plants frame the doorway and a rug is fashioned beside the bed. Overall the place is nice considering the rudimentary style, hence easily affordable price.

Ledger

Spring 514 AV
Purchase Cost Total
Starting Package +100 100 kina
Housing (Sold) +500 600 kina
Black Leather Corset –0.60 599.40
Black Leather Belt -0.40 599.00
Purple Cotton Blouse –1 598.00
Ink (3 oz.) -3 595.00
Quill –0.05 594.95
Blank Book -3 591.95
Wooden Pallete –0.20 591.75
Kohl Eyeliner (2 oz.) -0.20 591.55
Cosmetic Brush –0.20 591.35
Blue Vision Tobacco -0.40 590.95
Artist's ToolkitVarious brushes of different sizes, A number of different sizes of canvases, A few small bowls, A handful of specially shaped charcoal, Ink sticks, Paint pigments, Paint binders -25 565.95
(Drug) Poppers –6 559.95
(Drug) Funkus (x2) -12 547.95
Rucksack –1 546.95
Flask (filled with rum) -2 544.95
3 Pottery Jars (6 oz.) –1.80 543.15

Summer 514 AV
Purchase Cost Total
Season Start - -

Current Balance | 543.15 kina

Last edited by Vinn on March 28th, 2014, 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Vinn

Postby Vinn on March 27th, 2014, 2:54 am

Companions

Animals

ImageAero
Species: Raven
Sex: Male
Meeting: 91st of Spring, 514 AV *

Vinn named the bird Aero for no particular reason other than the fact that that was the name that came to her during the time the two met.

Aero is a rather large raven with stark black eyes and midnight dark feathers. His claws are always sharp and his beak is always pointy. Aero is a beautiful raven, still young and in his maturing age.

He's a very funny bird who loves to play games and mess around with people. He often becomes annoying sometimes, at least to Vin. The two get along really well and he is always nice to talk to when she's feeling lonely.

Family

ImageVorlye S'veldt
Sex: Female
Race: Symenestra
Relationship to PC: Mother
Date of Birth: 32nd of Autumn, 473 AV

"I've never enjoyed my mother's company. She was either too busy scamming people in those skinny, short trousers she always had on or begging for money using her seduction as a weapon. The two of us never really bonded, we never really clicked. I didn't spend all that much time at home. It wouldn't have mattered either way, because she was always out, especially at night, trying to thieve her way into people's lives. I wish things could have been different, but after I left, I doubt it would matter now. I don't even think I'd care."

Vorlye is a woman of natural beauty. With wispy hair that falls down her back in curls, as light as freshly fallen snow and eyes so vivid a pink; she is never hard to take notice of. She has a slender body with large breasts, and although she's very short, she makes up for it with her tongue. Her nails are incredibly long and always painted black. She rarely ever smiles for fear of scaring off people with her fangs.

She's a woman of mesmerizing quality and exquisite taste. It was no easy task for Vinn to complete in leaving her, whether they weren't close or not.

ImageAselm Winterflame
Sex: Male
Race: Vantha
Relationship to PC: Father
Date of Birth: 4th of Spring, 468 AV

"My mother says I get my artistic talents from my father. Apparently from her, when I was too little to remember he would come and stay for a season or two to try and show me some painting or drawing tricks. We bonded pretty well, she said. Even though he left and never came back, I still miss him. Even though I don't remember the things we used to do with each other, I miss what we had. My mother always goes on and on about how wonderful he is, how smart, clever and creative he was. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if he was still around."

Aselm has dazzling and vibrant green eyes; an easy match to the shade of newly sprouting grass. His hair is so dark a brown that it is often misconstrued to be black. His body is toned and muscular; the shade of his skin a dark tan. He has always been a tall man, exceeding past the six foot mark.

He's a man of many artistic talents. His imagination is what guides him. Although it isn't clear why he left and never returned from Vinn and her mother, it is safe to say he has either died or met someone new.

NPCs

ImageNo Current NPCs
Sex:
Race:
Relationship:
Date of Birth:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium.
Last edited by Vinn on March 28th, 2014, 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Vinn

Postby Vinn on March 27th, 2014, 2:54 am

Threads

Flashbacks
Mark Date Title Summary
- - - -

Dreams
Mark Date Title Summary
- - - -

Spring, 514 AV
Mark Date Title Summary
42nd Here Comes Discordance Vinn entres Lhavit and takes her time attaining and job, shelter and getting to know the city inside and out
49th In New Company Vinn stumbles upon a raven who simply will not leave her alone, so she ends up taking him in as her companion

Summer, 514 AV
Mark Date Title Summary
- - - -

Those marked with a ✔ have been completed and graded whereas those marked with an ✖ have been completed but not graded. And those marked with ✎ are in progress.

Vinn
One of Dark Hues

Character sheet
Plotnotes