[Unverified] Truethought (WIP)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Truethought (WIP)

Postby Truethought on April 2nd, 2014, 9:26 am

Truethought, The Thorough

Appearance

Race: Zith
Birthday: 36, Fall, 496.
Birthplace: The Caverns of Xy

Appearance:
Standing at the average six feet in height for one of his race, True Thought tends to weigh in a little higher than average at 175 pounds. His thickly muscled body is covered in midnight color fur, soft as silk. Around his elbows and knees are crimson colored tufts of longer fur. The Zith's eyes and the hair that flows from the top of his head match the color of those longer tufts. Oddly, the sharp claws extending from his fingers and toes seem shorter than they should be, as if meticulously manicured. True Thought's right wing has a large scar running nearly the length of it and seems to be missing pieces along the edges of it. Even without careful observation it is clear that the Zith is incapable of flight.

Character Concept

Personalty:
True Thought strives to overcome all of his baser urges, believing that following them will eventually lead to his race's downfall. Having found other ways to channel his urges, his curiosity is even greater than most of his race. With a curiosity that is not purely spurred on by what catches his interest, the Zith is a very active learner. He is constantly seeking to learn as much as he can from not only books but people, of any race. True Thought lives by a strict code of ethics that holds only three rules.

Hidden behind his code of ethics and calm demeanor is a man bitter at the loss of his ability to fly, lamenting the future he could have had in the caverns among his people. Despite this despair that he always stands on the edge of, True Thought fights it as he does his urges channeling it. He forces it into a hardened belief that he still has the power to make a future worth living in.

The man is not religious, believing that while the gods are mighty and fearsome that they do not immediately deserve respect. He sees them as children, like he sees his people, slaves to their passions and nature. True Thought believes that his path is the way to protect his people, the true path that they should follow and so he chose his name to reflect that.

“I believed I was the master of my body and that is what led to my fall from the heavens. Now, I have become the master of my mind and through it do I control the body. It is how I have become complete.”

Ethics:
Lives by a code of ethics
1. Urges are a thing to be controlled by a Zith, not the other way around.
2. While killing may be necessary, suffering is not.
3. A life is a life, regardless of the form it takes.

-Books
-Crimson colored objects

Dislikes:
-Slavery
-Zithanese “culture”

Character History
Born in the caverns beneath Xy, True Thought was raised up among his people. For more than ten years the Zith lived like the rest of his race, a slave to his passions. Then when he finally decided to mate, the man found himself locked in combat and the result was devastating. True Thought could no long reach the skies like the rest of his people. After only a few months of being shunned by his people, the Zith moved himself to the surface. There he began to trade and barter, learning so many things in the process.

He learned that by paying particular attention to intonation and the depth of his voice that he could persuade or intimidate others toward his way of thinking. Even as True Thought began his new life and way of living, he found himself at a loss of how to deal with his urges. Eventually the Zith came up with an idea, he had heard of martial arts and decided to create one. The motions for the martial art are based heavily upon the hunt and mating. He would name it Form of the Urge and make it something that he practices daily.

At first even life on the surface was hard, few of the travelers cared to deal with him. True Thought held fast and continued to try to barter. Through this he began to grasp the idea of money, it allowed him to offer services few others did my accepting the normal currency. Acting as an exchange, he would keep items of interest to travelers and Zith. Selling them or trading for items that could get visitors inn fare.

With such a unique service, True Thought could often find items to increase his knowledge. Since he was also very interested in the strangers themselves, they took an interest in him. The Zith would often spend time listening to their stories.

Time passed and the Zith's confidence in himself grew, his business did well. He was not rich but neither was he poor. True Thought also began to gain some respect among some of his people, though most think he is at the very least, odd.

A year ago the man, began to renovate some open space in the castle in an attempt to start a dojo of sorts where he could train. True Thought's true goal is to use it as a platform to teach his people his way of lie, his code.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Zithanese

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Form of the Urge (Martial Art) 30 100 Competent
Persuasion 10 100 Novice
Intimidation 10 100 Novice

Lores

Lore – Geographical (Castle Xy)
Lore – Basic Business

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing:
-Simple Black Felt Shirt
-Simple Black Felt Pants
-Simple Black Felt Boots

1 Waterskin

1 Backpack which contains::
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom:

Housing

House:
The small 400 foot room holds a bunk, chest, chair and table. It is in relatively good shape and seems well kept.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List
Truethought
Player

Words: 2853
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2014, 8:37 am
Race: Zith