Closed Relearning the Basics

Alanna meet's Gilles Flask, and Pavel for the first time. Somehow she's able to land herself a steady paying job

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Relearning the Basics

Postby Alanna Higgins on April 15th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Spring 10, 514AV Early Morning

Alanna was once again out at the docks like she had been doing for years now.
She’d wake up early in the mornings. She was chatting to normal fishermen and cargo ship workers like she usually did when she had heard a rather loud whistle sounding out. A ship was moving its way into the docks. It was one she had never seen before. It was a small tub of a boat usually only 2-4 man vessel. She turned and asked one of the fishermen what boat was that and who was the captain.
“Oh that there is Gilles Flask he owns that boat and often fishes the waters of Lake Ravok. Sometimes he carries cargo, but he ain’t really got the manpower for that kinda work...and to small a vessel for that type of work so its very rare to see carrying cargo. He’s named his ship Rhysol’s Hope. I think that’s an awful strange name but he ain’t changed it yet!”
The fisherman let out a loud laugh and grinned as the boat moved in to dock. A young man around his late teens hopped off the boat and quickly tied it to the dock. The young man had bright orange hair, a very lean body nicely toned he donned no shirt upon his torso which was very tan from working out in the sun for long hours, and a pair of black breeches. After tying the boat up he hopped back on board grabbing a black bandanna he tied it around his head mostly hiding his bright orange hair, and got off the ship after Gilles got off the ship.
From the distance that Alanna was at she could see that Gillies was a very tall man. He stood about seven foot in height. He had longish dark golden blond hair, and a rather long beard that was split into two tails and had beads spread throughout it. He wore a old looking red beanie, white cotton shirt with the sleeves torn off, and his shirt tucked into his dark brown breeches. The boat was beautifully small yet held a rustic charm to it. Alanna was drawn over as Pavel and Gilles were taking a break and conversating. She had heard Gilles call Pavel a Mate which means he’s higher than a Deckhand. He would help the captain with whatever he needed. As she neared the ship she could hear parts of their conversation.
“Its a shame Sha had to leave and go back to Nyka to take care of his family...we’re really in need of a third hand now aren't we Cap?”
Alanna watched as Gilles reached out and smacked Pavels head.
“I done told you son its the whole Captain or Mr. Flask none of this Cap crap you keep spill’n from yer mouth.”
He scolded his voice deep and booming. All Pavel did was chuckle and shake his head in response.
Alanna let out a laugh which reached Gilles' ears, he quickly turned to face her.
Alanna shut her mouth, and the smile quickly disappeared from her face as the large man walked over to her.
“What do you think yer giggl'n ‘bout over here lass?”
Alanna shook her head quickly.
‘Oh dear god what have I gotten myself into?’
She thought quickly as she began to back herself up.
“Nothing really I had just overheard your conversation...I-in fact I’d even be willing to be your third hand.”
Gilles slowly walked around Alanna. She frowned and looked down and around at herself. She didn’t look to bad she thought. She wore a simple purple cotton shirt and a pair of back breeches, and a pair of simple boots. She hadn’t really felt the need to go all extravagant on her clothing as of yet. I guess it made her look rather well poor. She didn’t wear her cloak today for some reason unknown to her. Feeling undermined she stood a little taller.
“You know I have lived on a ship for some time. A-”
“Oh have you now live on a ship...well do you even know what a deckhand would be doing from day to day lass?”
Alanna cleared her throat and thought back to her childhood, when her father wasn’t in such a sadistic mood he had decided to teach her a little of the ways of the ship. While his was much larger than this ship there were many more positions.
“Hmmm a deckhand...their job is to clean fishing equipment...deck duties such as mopping or swabbing. I’d help unload the fish….”
“Aie you’d be do’n all that and more, you’ll be mooring the boat, making sure the ropes and rigging is alright, man a lifeboat, but seeing my vessel is so small you won’t really be needing to know that even so Pavel will be teaching you how today...Oh and yee got ta swim.”
Alanna frowned deeply while she had known, and done some of these things it had been years since that time of her life and much had faded.
“Well Sir I’m very willing and able to learn.”
She said looking up at him right in the eyes.
“Can ya even swim lass?”
He asked with amusement in his voice.
“If there should ever be an incident and you fall overboard I can’t have ye drowning, and I don’t wanna waste the time of fishing you out of the water while we could be fishing actual fish.”
Alanna gawked at him for a moment before shaking her head
“No I don’t know how to swim as of right now…”
Gilles smiled and looked over at Pavel he gave a nod over in his direction and he went off to in some other direction.
“Well Lass why don’t you tell me yer name and we can talk about you being trained to be my third hand on my ship.”

Spoken words.
Good thoughts
Bad thoughts
NPC spoken words

This beautiful Sig was made by Adi Skyglow
Alanna Higgins
J.O.A.T proficient in all master in none

Words: 25583
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet