[Issues found by Nemesis] Aravorn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Aravorn

Postby Aravorn on April 20th, 2014, 4:54 am

Aravorn Undellian

Themesong :

Race Age Birthday
Ghost 31 when Alive 482 A.V. 15th of winter

Appearance

ImageAravorn as a man, stood at a proud 6'3" with a strong athletic build and chiseled features weighing in around a solid 213 pounds, he had a well kept beard and wild neck-length brown hair, being born into a hostile world he sported many scars across his body, Aravorn would wear a dark green cloak a cloth shirt and a hardened leather vest to protect his vital areas from weaker blows, in all he looked the part he played: A hermit and wanderer and sported everything from a Sword, to a bow and a dagger in his boot.

Alas, being dead Aravorns appearance has changed drastically, instead of being the fair and well-built man he was, he materializes as a shadowy figure, hooded and cloaked in garments as black as night, his face seemingly buried in darkness unless there is light which, when at the right angles can expose a gaunt and very stressed face. His posture is no longer proud or noble, he now appears hunched over and malnourished, his voice which was once grand and smooth is now more of a hushed whisper and sounds as such no matter the volume of his voice, with a little cackle in the back of his throat like he hasn't had anything to drink in decades.
Most of the time, you would feel sorry for the man; as if he were a sickly elder, alone and confused, but he carries a sinister gloom over him.. Something of hate, regret and violence. He no longer carries any weapons and a thin mist sticks to him, like his own personal fog. Of course this is simply his soulmist, one would see him as a ghost or a monster of sorts wandering in the wilderness and though his simplicity in appearance it can be quite frightening, Aravorn is a ghost, as plain as anyone could describe.. though the origins of his appearance can not be explained from the livings perspective, in fact Aravorn hardly knows.
But his appearance now is because of his years in darkness, as a prisoner tortured and never seeing light but from the glimmers of torches which started to sting his eyes after a time (And still do), never seeing himself in a reflection, or even seeing his own hands had manifested with his death which is, along with his latter life: Darkness... A shadow, and nothing more, broken and fueled with hate and vengeance.
But there are splinters of his former appearance, depending on his state his appearance will manifest into his former self, a tall, fair and strong man. Though this is rare, it usually takes something like a memory he can cherish and love, or some act of great kindness, yet even these do not keep him in a more sociable appearance and he'll revert back to a shadow in time, turning into his former self is not a spontaneous thing, no. It takes a few days, but one will see very noticeable changes: His posture will improve, he'll appear more healthy and well fed, before finally having a light in his eyes and his cloak changed to dark-green, He'll appear more alive, but to keep this appearance will take constant support from outside forces.

Personality

When Aravorn was alive he could be described as perhaps a friendly and helpful person, aiding travelers on the road and giving them advice. Aravorn was raised by his mother which was a witch and a bit wild, and because of this Aravorn became quite accustomed to the wilderness at a young age and chose a lifestyle in which in wandered in it, learning the past histories of mizahar and searching for pre-valterrian knowledge, he would commonly be seen on the road, and in the wilds, Aravorn was a confident and peaceful person and hardly disliked anything so long as it kept peace in his life, Imageand left the forests and fields untouched.
Though as you could imagine, this is no longer the case, Aravorn is now a sore sight, and a person filled with hate, hate towards Rhysol and the living. He hates himself, and both hates and loves the living. At one time he had loved the sun, and during another he begged to be in its warmth again, though now he despises it and shy's from it in his hood, wishing that it didn't cause further misery on his life, he can not feel its warmth and the brightness from it strains his eyes, a sad thing indeed and one he wishes most to not be. However miserable he seems Aravorn does keep a lightness in him, though with his hate towards the living (mostly from loathing and envy) Aravorn is not openly hostile towards them, but can be if given the reasons, right or wrong. To sum it all up, Aravorn is quite angry though he may not show it, he loathes most anything and desires to see Rhysol nothing short but dead, and his followers to suffer as he has, Aravorn despite his misery still cares for the woods, in his heart he tries to keep them free of any disturbance, bandits or hooligans but in this minor quest he becomes overly suspicious of travelers and tries to get them as far away as possible, from scaring them to downright attacking them, he'll typically stop a traveler on the road and question their intentions, and depending on their answers, or behavior he'll react violently, or just coldly, ignoring them as they continue to their destination, which is likely to happen if one were to try and empathize with Aravorn he may find himself being as sociable as before, his loneliness you could imagine makes him 'rusty' in the socializing area, but none-the-less he may become progressively more and more friendly. Aravorn is a broken, miserable, sad person with a burning rage and need for vengeance, a depressing character in his own right, and remains what he was in life: A wanderer,

History
Aravorn was born in the sunlight underneath swaying trees and with the birds chirping, his mother was a witch of Caiyha and was thus raised in the wilderness, he quickly became accustomed to the wilds of Sylira, and eventually was brought to Syliras to live among the civilized people, and
Imageworked occasionally with the Syliran Knights as a Page-boy, but returned to his mother. Aravorn never questioned what his mother said, and may be the only thing her remembers fondly, describing her as a beautiful woman with long light brown hair and a certain radiance, he loved her fondly and hated to see her leave him, relocating to some unknown location after Aravorn had grown into a young man, he tried to follow her but only found himself getting lost, on the northern borders of Sylira, he turned back after losing track of her and took a ranger life-style wandering from city to city, camping in the woods and living among the children of Caiyha, he was rather unhappy over being alone but none-the-less maintained a love for all living things, and was extremely friendly to travelers, this ended when he came across a group that had devoted themselves to Rhysol, Aravorn didn't care much but they did and they loathed Aravorn, following a brief fight they overpowered him, he thought them insane deciding to corrupt his life, they took him with them as a prisoner and when reaching Ravok they dug a hole along the banks and threw him in it blocking it from sight and tossing in food now-and-again, he was trapped in darkness and begged to all the gods he could think of that might give him strength: He only wanted one sign, anything at all, even something simple and small. The only light he received was the torches that came once a week to drag him out and torture him, he was a toy for a couple of fanatics and Rhysol was enjoying seeing the torment of Aravorn, as his degradation to becoming nothing but a corrupted shade, He had started counting the time her had been in that hole, but lost track after 3 years but he had guessed he was in there for another 2 years, 5 years in total darkness. Aravorn started to feel something, something he had never felt since the time his mother left him, it was despair, Aravorn was just a animal now trying to stay alive.
But after another year Aravorn realized what was happening, it took long enough, six years but he could only piece it together since his mind was so fragmented and lost in these dark years, Aravorn then cursed Rhysol, and everything he stood for, everyone that followed him and vowed to slay him, as Myri did to Ruros, he made a oath, though not quite a Grand Oath it was none-the-less as unbreakable as one, and it followed "I curse you to death Rhsyol! You and your followers, let the very Ukalas be my witness, and let all the Gods hear me! I swear to hereby never rest, nor never falter in my mission till Ravok lies in ruins! And your name disappears from all knowledge! I will destroy you!"
This marked, not only of Aravorns eternal quest but it also served as a sign that Aravorn had given up on all hope, and lashed out at Rhysol rather than just the group that took him, Aravorn had never been so to go out against others but he was desperate, confused and angry, yes, Angry, from realizing the entirety of his situation, condition and captors he found Rhysol directly to blame, following this, the first chance he got he attacked his captors, he fought bravely finding some new strength in hate and was slain by them, It did not end there, for he returned as a specter. As a ghost, and had not one goal on his mind, but two: To find his mother, Aravorn now though was but a shadow of his former self and his memory had faded, and his hatred burned brighter than the sun.

Skills
Materialization Soulmist Projection Possession Wilderness survival
30/100 15/100 10/100 5/100
Competent Novice Novice Novice
+20 SP +15 SP +10 SP +5 SP
+10 RB

Lores
The plants and herbs of Sylira The animal trails in the Syliras region
Mental Experience
Able to ID various Fauna Knows the paths traversed by animals between Syliras and Ravok

Items
Aravorn possess no items, He simply materializes his clothes

Ledger

Aravorn possess no coin, Gold, Silver or Copper

Languages
Aravorn only speaks common, and is fluent.

Lots

Of
Image Image

Pictures
Aravorns model is Christopher Dane, a man that I know as Arathorn, from the Fan-film born of hopeImage
Aravorn
I hurt myself today...

Words: 8290
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Aravorn

Postby Nemesis on July 22nd, 2014, 4:35 pm

Moderator Intervention

Greetings! I'm Nemesis, Ravok's Assistant Storyteller. I've noticed a few errors on your Character Sheet which need to be corrected before you can continue to post IC in the forums.

• You are allowed to start with two Lores; please delete two. Given what you have currently, I might suggest that you tidy the up to be "Lore: Syliran Fauna" and "Lore: Syliran Flora"
  • Also not as important, but for easier understanding, it would help if you listed your Skills vertically, rather than horizontally.
  • If Aravorn's mother lived in the wilderness with Aravorn, they would have died - this is a post-apocalyptic world and the dangers of the wilds are many. Same goes for travelling alone; you do not have the skillset to be able to survive travelling in the Wildlands alone for an extended periods of time. Please edit this part of your history.
  • As above, if Aravorn had been left in a hole, he would not have lasted five or six years. He would have been killed by some hungry beast within the first season most likely. Also Rhysol's devoted don't just torture randomly for that period of time. They're more refined than that. It is improbable that he would have been left in a hole and tortured for so long.
  • Whilst your character is unique in some aspects, much of it reads like the ranger Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings. This is an original roleplaying site and, whilst we are aware that inspiration must come from somewhere, we like all players to come up with their own unique characters.

When you have changed what I have asked you to, please send me a PM and I will verify your CS. Thank you.

Nemesis
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)