Blood Kin (Eldon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Blood Kin (Eldon)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 27th, 2010, 2:02 am

"From your mouth to the gods' ears," he said with a grin, and then he settled in to watch Eldon at work. Long ago, he had learned to respect the work of a magus, and so he was quiet and watchful as Eldon continued to ply his trade. It remained a special thing to him; perhaps in time, when he had mastered the Web, it would lose some of its significance, but for now, it only made Eldon look more important to his cousin's eyes.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Blood Kin (Eldon)

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 2nd, 2010, 6:14 pm

OOCI guess with the seasonal changes, we should wrap this up. Hope it's not too sudden or anything.

Eldon closed his eyes to continue the filling of the barrel. It was what? Barely a third full, Eldon was going to fill it right now. He had places to be, water to make, and a father to check up on (talking with Sam made him want to see that his father was alright). Eldon felt the djed being pulled through his body, as if small threads or pulsing strings would being ripped ever slowly through the arms and into his palms, the res flooding into the container and once again drifting to the top of the barrel, creating an almost surreal image of faint green on cool clear pure water below it. Eldon did not stop when he felt the strain becoming more difficult or the flow of djed forming res inside the barrel, he wanted to get it finished. He could do that just fine, it was just one more barrel, just one more barrel.

Eldon opened his eyes, something he almost never did while conjuring water. He had to see his progress, The barrel was nearly three quarters full of res and water, it was good enough. His eyes were already beginning to ache, his progress was no longer existent, and he could tell solely by the nauseating taste on his tongue that he went too far. Three-fourths a barrel would have to do for now. He could always finish it later. He should finish it now. "No, not wise." Eldon pulled his hand out of the barrel, which was now containing nothing but water after th res was mutated, his eyes glanced up to see Sama'el still there, watching him. Eldon had forgotten. he was there.

Eldon stood up quickly, stepping over the barrel as he did so, and excused himself from Sam's presence. "Sorry brother, but I need to talk to my father. He's expecting me today." Eldon nodded, padded Sam lightly on the shoulder and wandered off into the maze of pavilions of Endrykas.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Blood Kin (Eldon)

Postby Cardinal on December 4th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Sam:

Lore: Uniqueness of Each Strider Bond, Recognizing long-lost faces, The Watering Hole, Behold! Eldon makes water!, Endrykas Layout (Moderate)

Eldon:

Reimancy: 4xp (water)

Lore: Recognizing long-lost faces, Sam and Dohaina, The Watering Hole, Endrykas Layout (Basic), The Lure of Overgiving

Notes: This thread made me smile. I really appreciate that the two of you have worked out a family-based tie for Eldon and Sam, and I feel like there was some really great character development here. Sam, I didn't find any skill usage that I could pull out, but if you feel like I've missed something, let me know (First grading of threads, after all!). I tried to build on lore you had already, and hopefully I've given you something useful. Eldon, I love Eldon. :) I'm looking forward to seeing him grow as a water reimancer.
Note: I am getting back into the groove of things. Thank you for your patience.
Assistant Storyteller of Endrykas
My Office | Endrykas Lore | Endrykas Play | Drykas Lore
Cardinal
Secretly Itzpapalotl

Words: 12425
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous