Closed Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Cerulean is all alone on the Bluevein River, or so he thinks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Cerulean Tideborne on April 28th, 2014, 8:46 pm

6th of Spring, 514 AV

Cerulean Tideborne was sailing. It was raining, the cool droplets of water splashing against his face and arms, which were half submerged in the moderately deeper Buevein River. He didn’t like to stray too far from Riverfall and after the spring showers, the waters were high and plentiful. Cerulean didn’t need to travel too far before his net was full of fish of all size and type. He loved the spring, full of rain and high tides and nice weather. The days were getting longer – and warmer – resulting in copious amounts of fish. Fish prices suffered severely, so he didn’t make as much money in the spring, but he could always eat what he couldn’t sell. In any case, it was better than winter.

The cool water swilled around his elbows and the Svefra sighed. He couldn’t deny the fact that he was Svefra, however hard he tried. He still loved the sea, still loved water in general. Pulling his forearms out, he sat on his deck, sorting out his net. There was still a good portion of the day remaining, even if the sun was nowhere to be seen. Clouds, not nightfall, obscured the bright glow, which meant that Cerulean still had fishing to do.

Prepping his net, he made sure there were no tangles and threw it over, then left it to settle on the cool river surface. It was pretty lonely out there. Cerulean had often thought about that and was doing so then, as he brushed a stray lock of hair from his fringe. The boat was still and the Svefra had a moment to relax. He wouldn’t mind some company when fishing, someone to keep an eye on sailing while he fished, or vice versa. Even just an otter, or an albatross. If only Cerulean had a tavan, a bird or marine animal to keep him company. But no, just himself.

He had been like that for the past year or so, just on his own. Ever since he left the Tidebornes... But that was behind him. He may have been a Svefra, but he wasn't blessed and he didn't need a Pod to get by. The Unmarked had proved that at his time in Riverfall. He was living on the Tideswan, the very boat he was sailing on then and he was surviving.
"Common" "Fratava" 'Thoughts' "NPC"
Cerulean Tideborne
Player

Words: 3377
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2014, 9:06 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Jaye on May 15th, 2014, 5:53 pm

It was 5 days after her birthday and training had started in earnest. As a two year old she was finally allowed to carry a person and had begun to learn the interpretative dance that carried on between balance, legs, and reins. Her mind and body ached with the effort and as she eased into the cold water her nostrils flared with delight. Her legs were hot from running and her mane stuck to her sweaty neck. A frame of dirt drifted out from her body as she walked out up to her chest, the water licking her tail and mane. The water pulled at her long mane making it float like delicate tendrils outward from her body as she eased onto her knees and flopped onto her side.

Neck deep in the water Jaye stretched out her head resting it on the shore and closing her eyes. The water moved constantly, sweeping away the thick layer of dirt and sweat on her body. She could hear Drykas children splashing in the distance and several other humans murmuring or swimming close to the riverbank. Though it was still chilly everyone was delighting in the euphoria of Synas warming rays.

The rain came on slowly from Riverfalls direction and sent many of the Drykas heading back toward the tents with playful screams as they pelted through the rain. Jaye glanced up at the sky the rain landing softly on her forehead and eyes slowly slipping down her long face. Sighing heavily and shaking her head Jaye grinned to herself, I can't believe I'm finally two..., Her mind drifted to images of a Syliran knight or a fierce Drykas warrior a top her back as she propelled them into battle. Saving the innocent and the damned with our mighty skills, worshiped by all who gaze upon us, she narrated to herself gleefully her head nodding sharply in her enthusiasm.

Easing herself up and into the deeper realms of the Bluevein River she kept to the shelves where she could feel the sand and stone beneath her hooves and pranced slowly upstream toward Riverfall. Lowering her head, so the water licked along the bottom cleft of her face she played the scenario out in her head.

The man before me had killed many and maimed more. He had was a creature of evil from the moment he was born. Not even the gods could touch his brow. But then...there was a knight and his steed. They charged through the thick mire of evil that surrounded him. For many days they were guided by Leth and Syna until. They came upon him. Jaye charged through the water as she thought this, knees barely clearing the tops of the water. Making an awful racket she didn't even notice she leaped from the water onto the bank water refracting the dazzling colours that rippled over her coat.

Foreleg poised dramatically she was totally entranced with her own story as she leaped from puddle to puddle the muddy splashes dirtying her clean legs. They dodged his flaming fireballs and as the knight lowered his sword his mighty steed lowered her head and they charged sending him toppling into the water Lowering her head Jaye pawed at the ground and let out a loud triumphant whinny as she charged toward the water bank.

In the moment she squinted her eyes catching sight of a man on the edge of the bank and lowered her head focusing in on him as she charged. Just before she had reached his back she sat on her haunches sliding to a halt before she tipped herself along with him into the water. With a toss of her head in the center of his back Jaye flicked him off the sand bar and into the water.

As he hit the water Jaye pranced along the sand bar whinnying triumphantly to the sky. They defeated the evil sorcerer and quite dramatically too! No one would dare challenge them again! She rallied in her head imagining herself surrounded in the riches their fame and power would bring them.

OOCI am so sorry this took so long. I got a new job that was demanding crazy crazy shifts. :) But I am back and will respond much much more quickly in the future. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Jaye on May 27th, 2014, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Words: 72790
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2014, 12:51 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Natalia on May 27th, 2014, 6:57 pm

It was an exciting day for the Etheafal. It was the first time the air had turned warm and Syna was out to play again. Every winter Natalia couldn't help but feel disconnected with her Goddess. She felt weaker and more frail. Her skin and hair didn't radiate like it did when she could be recharged by Syna's rays. She overall felt more tired, even though her fatigue had nothing to do with sleep. But now the worst was over, a new year had begun. Until next year, that is. But Natalia didn't like to think about the future now. She was too busy reveling in the moment.

She sat on the riverbank, face towards the sky, her feet partly covered in the water, and her hands feeling the grainy sandbar behind her. This was what she had been waiting for for seasons. She could feel the sunlight on her body, warming her from the inside out. She let her hair fall down in tresses so it too could feel the pleasantry. She only covered herself with a thin layer of white fabric so she could get the most out of the day and still stay modest. Although all she really wanted to do was shed her clothing and soak up the rays for what they're really worth.

She breathed deeply, in and out, meditating in a dream-like state. She imagined her Goddess smiling at her, bathing her in light and embracing the Etheafal. Though she didn't know it, her face sunk into a frown as a melancholy state sunk in. She missed Syna, and she hoped she missed Natalia just as much. But, she had to remind herself that she was here for a reason, and Syna wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. She slowly bowed her head in prayer.

Syna, thank you for shedding your abundant light over this dark world. You are always there when I need you, even though I might not see you. You've worked so much good in my life in the little time I've been on this land. I ask that you keep close watch over me. The unknown is terrifying. The responsibility is overbearing. I feel weak without you. I never know what is going to happen next, but I know that you will take care of me. Take away my anxiety. Take away the fear. I love you, Syna. Thank you for all you've done for me.

Natalia sat in her presence for the next couple moments, head peeled backwards once more. She was abruptly interrupted by a fat raindrop plopping straight on her nose. She flicked her eyes open, now just realizing they were closed, and looked into the sky. Grey clouds floated through the blue abyss, covering the sun behind them. Her face switched to a frown one again and she grunted in frustration. She finally looked around, spotting Drykas children and adults giggling. She sighed, getting ready to stand up and leave when she saw something else. A beautiful horse the color of rainbows trotted through the water, stopping at a boat and -to Natalia's astonishment- tipping it over. She couldn't help but laugh as her first reaction, but soon went over to go help out the situation.

She approached the horse carefully and slowly, putting her hands out in front of her. "Woah there, big guy. Slow down." she said in a calming voice, a small smile on her face. She stopped a couple feet away, pausing and waiting for the horse to move. She stared in awe at the beautiful horse, it shimmering in the same way Natalia sometimes did. She had no experience in dealing with horses, but this one seemed... approachable. She just hoped her plan didn't backfire.
Natalia
Far away from home.

Words: 37669
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2011, 12:07 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Jaye on May 27th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Jaye almost toppled into the water when the black haired woman made herself known. The creature was more beautiful than anything she had seen before, so regal that Jaye was certain she was Caiyha herself before her. Her hair was as deep and black as the night sky that descended each night around the tented city, between gentle parts lay two curled green horns, as rich and deep as the lush grass Jaye sought out each spring as it peeked between melting snow patches.

The lithe body glowed as her own did, a shimmering array of colours as Synas presence danced like peek a boo behind the clouds. Jayes body strained away instinctively as she reached a tentative nose toward the woman. "Woah there, big guy. Slow down." She poke, her voice a tinkling stream.

Big guy? Jaye snorted irritated, if this was truly you Caiyha would you not know that I bear the honour of birth as you do....could you so mistake me for the seed of life? The man in the water soon rose making Jaye jump slightly having forgotten about the less remarkable figure, "What the petch horse?!" He yelled, a volley of insults frothing from his mouth toward the horse.

Snorting irritably at him Jaye lowered her head and pawed at the water threateningly. The raucous splashing sent the man scurrying from his place toward Natalia. "Is this your horse?!" He queried angrily, "You Drykas and your horses...you should at least learn to keep them under control." He snarled at her placing his sopping hat back a top his head as he stormed away.

Jaye gazed at Caiyha's imposter firmly wondering what to make of her. What could she be if not for Caiyha? Do I dare reveal my vulnerability? Jaye had a tendency to refer to her human self as her vulnerability. It wasn't a derogative term but as her human self has little in the way of self defense she was a useful aspect of herself only to be shared with those she trusted.

Moving within reach of the creature Jaye extended her nose slowly running her soft lips over the womans horns curiously. They don't taste like grass , Jaye pondered nibbling along the girls black shimmering hair and skin. She smells like grass and...sun? Jaye marveled the sweet scent making her sneeze.

Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Natalia on May 27th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Natalia winced as the water from the sky and the river splashed on her body and face, getting her wetter than she anticipated. Still, she didn't make any sudden movements with her body in fear of spooking the horse. It already seemed a bit agitated after Natalia told it to calm down. Natalia now pondered if she was growing more scared than the horse.

Nat's attention was now on the Svefra who was flailing about the water, shouting obscenities. He was soaking wet, which made her feel a little bit better about her current wet state. Her hands were still out in front of her, separating herself from the two. The horse was getting irritated.

"Is this your horse?! You Drykas and your horses...you should at least learn to keep them under control."

Natalia didn't answer the man. She stayed quiet, and a little bit in shock, about the events that were unfurling before her. Her eyebrows were raised while she watched him stalk off. Svefra were such strange creatures...

Natalia returned her gaze back to the horse, eyeing it carefully. It truly was beautiful. Even more so when she could look at it up close like this. She always though horses were beautiful things, but this one was so special it made Natalia feel like it had to come from Syna too. The coat shimmered in the rays of the sun poking out behind clouds.

The rain started to die down a bit, but Natalia knew that it probably wasn't going to last long considering the mass of clouds that were still in the distance.

Sudddenly, the horse started moving, coming towards Natalia. She took a couple steps back, and then stopped, realizing that she wasn't going to get anywhere running away. The horse was right in front of her now, and it seemed her wanted... her horns?

Natalia took the horses's head in her hands as it wandered about her horns and hair. It was just a soft as she imagined. She laughed again as the horse sneezed on her.

"What are you up to, beautiful? If you're hungry, I do have an apple in my bag." she said to it, smiling. "If you would just let go of my hair..."
Natalia
Far away from home.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Jaye on May 27th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Jaye grinned inwardly at the promise of an apple and moved away searching for the bag. Stuffing her nose forcefully under the flap Una felt her stomach rumble at the thought. While grass was appetizing and filling there was little that was ripe and delicious yet and the apple would make a delicious appetizer. There were perks to being a horse, Jaye thought as she shuffled through the bag managing to snatch out the apple, people give you stuff all the time. She had never been given anything for the sake of it in her human form.

Trotting away from the woman Jaye settled down a few meters away to munch of the sweet succulence. Apples weren't plentiful in the Sea of Grass and the rare treat made her shiver in delight. Syna dropped behind the flurry of clouds again making Jaye shift on her feet uneasily.

Stormy clouds began to drift overhead more quickly and electricity gathered in the air, plucking the mares hair like a harp. Shaking herself Jaye dropped the apple for a moment to look at the sky. Little bolts of lightning and begun to ricocheted between the clouds a steady drum of noise emanating from the milky interiors. I think it's time to go home... Jaye swallowed anxiously. In her human form her senses were numbed and the lightning didn't feel or sound as terrifying but as a horse it shook through her body like its own pulse.

Reaching down anxiously to swallow the last of the sweetness Jaye paced back to the Ethaefal skittering and jumping each time the sky drummed. I can't leave such a pretty bauble in the grass...it's a wonder she hasn't tripped a web or startled a creature wandering around with nothing more than a thin dress.

The rain was released from the clouds in a heavy swell, drenching both the horse and the woman. Sopping forelock fell over Jayes eyes making her shake her head several times. Water collected along her long lashes as she gazed through the drenched mane at the glimmering creature. Slowly she dropped onto her knees and her back legs collapsed carefully under her before draping to the side.

Nickering softly at the woman Jaye nodded at her back several times, It's too bad she's not Drykas or I wouldn't even have to play this silly game... she always felt ridiculous trying to act out human feelings as a horse. Horses communicated one way, humans another. It felt unnatural to try one in another form.

Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Natalia on May 28th, 2014, 12:28 am

As Natalia watched the horse eat the apple with vigor, she found herself smiling at the beautiful sight of nature. As she looked around, it was all still extremely sight-worthy, despite the growing rain clouds. The tall grass swayed back and forth with the wind, along with colorful wildflowers. The river flowed swiftly down the bank. Natalia loved the outdoors, and felt at peace here.

The feeling was short-lasting.

The smell was familiar, like something burning, and the hairs on her skin began to stand at attention. The lightning and clouds were quickly approaching, or as the rain began to pick up, they were already here. The fabric of her dress began to stick to her body, but it was thick enough that it didn't show through. Her hair was slicked with water and her feet began to sink into the muddy ground. It was time to get out of here.

She wiped the rain from her face as it really started to pick up and looked to the horse. It was on the ground, motioning for her to get on her back. She realized that this seemed sort of odd for an animal. So... humanlike. She shrugged it off for now, but kept it at the back of her mind.

"Oh, you want me to ride you? I don't know about that..." she said, but the longer she stood there, the better the back of that horse looked. Truth is, she had never ridden a horse before, but it seemed simple enough.

"Alright. I trust you." she said, finally giving in. She couldn't believe she was talking to an animal like this. She'd never even had a pet before. Well, there was a first for everything.

She mounted the horse, slowly but surely. She buckled when it stood upright, caught off guard. "Woah!" she yelped, letting her instincts take over. She took hold of the mane and squeezed her thighs together to gain more balance. When she felt comfortable, she relaxed, leaning forward.

"Start off slow, okay?"
Natalia
Far away from home.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Jaye on June 1st, 2014, 10:09 pm

The woman sat much less gracefully than Jaye had thought she would and made a small "oof" sound as she wiggled her self into a comfortable position. Sitting upright on the horses tilted side Jaye knew she was bound to slip off if she stood too quickly. Legs stiffening after the long run of the morning when subjected to the dark cold of the grass Jaye rose as slowly as she could, allowing Natalia time to readjust. However, getting up was an awkward maneuver for any horse, let alone one as large as herself and as she lurched up she felt Natalia wobble on her back, before squeezing her thighs tightly.

Smart Bauble...

"Start off slow, okay?" The girl whispered past her ears making them twitch. Licking her lips, as she pondered the request Jaye moved out at a slow walk. Even as the lightning scarred the sky Jaye struggled to keep her twitching nerves under control.

A horse is subservient. A horse does what its master wishes. A horse is not a slave, a horse serves because that is the nature of a horse... She chanted to herself even as her back legs begged to bounce and play tricks on the lovely woman. However, as she moved she raised her head proudly. She had never born so beautiful a rider...nor so awkward a one either...

The walk was long and tedious and soon Jaye could not help but break into a slow trot. Trotting was the natural cadence for a horse, they crossed the ground quickly with each stride and little more energy was invested in the movement.

Tall and thick, her stride swallowed the ground quickly and her lumbering stance was as large and tumultuous as a rocking boat a top an ocean. The Seas' grass was tall, tickling the bottom of Natalias' feet as Jaye stretched out her legs, extending her trot as far as she could.

Several bells later Endrykas tents could be seen wavering in the distance, colour dulled by the storm clouds that hovered and billowed above them. Whinnying with glee the web shone out in the grass, lighting up the brimming darkness even when the lightning faded from the sky.

As they entered the wide fairways of Endrykas Jaye turned her nose instantly to her own tent, to warmth and refuge from the drumming the lightning elicited in her chest. The tents were bright and colourful with tassles and flags wavering from the top of beams, snapping in the sharp wind.

Ducking her head Jaye slid beneath her own fathers tent. A faint sky blue the dusky sky reflected off it tinting it equally as stormy. A reflection of the changing seasons. The banners were black and silver and flashed as sharply as the lightning as the wind coursed through them glinting into Jayes sensitive eyes.

Changing into a woman the moment she entered the tent and the rain droplets had ceased to splatter over her broad back she let Natalia drop to the floor and gathered her thick fur blanket around her shivering. "You can join..." She chattered, not bothering with any of the typical pleasantries. It was cold, and ugly and her feet were wet. Her nose wrinkled in irritation as she wrapped her legs and feet in the blanket. Ugh...wet feet!

Word Count552
Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Natalia on June 3rd, 2014, 10:06 am

Natalia had to resist the urge to lay her head down on the horse's neck and relax for a couple of moments. Not that she was tired, because she rarely ever was tired in her Ethaefal form, but because she was so uncomfortable after a long ride that she could barely take it anymore. She definitely was not used to the feeling of being underneath a horse, especially bareback. Though the horse was nearly a perfect match in size of Natalia, which wasn't the problem. She was so incompetent that every moment she felt like she was going to fall. All she could do was hold on for dear life. Every once in a while she did let go of her death grip on Jaye's mane to stroke her neck and whisper quiet "good horse"s.

The rain might have been the worst thing. Natalia didn't protest when Jaye picked up her pace. Anything to get out of the rain, even though it made things that much harder. She was cold and shivering, but the warmth from the horse was just enough to keep her going.

As they approached the camp, Natalia didn't know what to expect, or even what was going on. She had never seen a Drykas camp before, and have very little experience with the people themselves. She heard they were very protective people and used magic to keep unwanted things out. Was she an unwanted thing? Please don't let people come rushing towards her with bows and swords. Where was the horse leading her to anyways?

Natalia struggled to wipe the rain water from her eyes to see what was happening. It was soon after that Jaye headed towards her tent. Natalia made a poor attempt at getting off and fell on her behind in the wet and muddy grass. She quickly got up and tried to wring out as much water from herself as possible.

Something she never thought would happen did it just a quick moment. The horse turned into a woman.

Horror covered the Ethaefal's face, and she had to stick her head in the tent to make sure she was seeing things right. Yes, she was. And now she was in pure and utter shock.

"You can join..." said the girl, wrapped in a thick blanket.

"Ah, alright then." Natalia said, too miserable to pass up the offer. She crawled into the tent, looking at Jaye the entire time like she was going to suddenly change on her again. "I didn't know you could do that. Even though, it explains a lot..."
Natalia
Far away from home.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fishing Alone [Jaye]

Postby Jaye on June 10th, 2014, 1:14 am

The rain pattered along the top of tightly strung tent making a loud sucking and smacking noise as it dribbled along the outside. The grass below the tent was dry but Jaye knew the moisture was seeping up through the soil dangerously close to their feet. A rough woven carpet covered the floor of her home keeping some of the moisture at bay. As she huddled in the warmth of the fur blankets, ignoring the womans shock in deference to her own comfort Jaye whistled softly in to the quiet.

Normally her birds sang back and flew, covering her body in their warm shivering forms. However, the presence of the Eth and the thundering shower had obviously made them scatter, finding nooks and crannies in the tent to wait out the storm and ignored her tentative whistles. Slowly, her whistles dropped off and silence descended between the two.

"Hungry?" Jaye eventually murmured, though in the tone of a whisper she was forced to talk loudly to be heard over the banging and crashing that had begun outside the wavering flaps. She didn't know where her father was, though she assumed he had found shelter at work or another's tent. As she crept out from the blankets, covering herself in his thicker clothing, she moved to suss the fire in the middle of the tent out.

Darkness had descended upon them as the embers trickled out of existence. A small flame danced in the middle and Jaye carefully added logs to the corners grateful that they had been dried for so long and easily caught fire. Though it would take many hours to warm the entire tent, huddled close to it it was a tender warm embrace granted by the light of the great goddess Syna.

"Come. It's warm." Jaye indicated to a short wooden stool that rested close to the flames. The storm washed away her patience as it washed away the top layer of soil from the plains. It's loud and raucous thunder deafened her sensitive ears making her wince and scowl from time to time.

A short metal grate with legs rested over the fire, still hot from her fathers late dinner. Covered in the clothes of her much larger father Jaye waddled around the tent and placed a small pot atop the fire. Several cups of cold thick soup still rested inside, a thin oily film covering the surface and crusted remains along the edges and bottom. The Drykas used everything and anything not eaten during one meal was left for another, or anothers.

This meal had obviously been left by her father as the majority of the soup was still liquid and unhardened. Heavy with onions, Zibri, and potatoes it was thick with taste and nutrition. Jaye was not particularly fond of meat but the stringy salty taste of Zibri forced her mouth to fill with saliva. As she placed the pot on the flames, and waited for it to bubble, waited for the warm scent of the soup to fill the tent faster than the warmth of the fire could.

Finally, Jaye was able to take a seat on a short bench across the fire from the Eth. Synas light burned from the fires essence, lighting up the womans face from beneath. Her crown glimmered and glowed faintly while the light got lost in the high ridges of her cheekbones giving her a gaunt ghostly appearance.

The woman must be Caiyha. No mortal could be so ethereal, she moved with the grace of trees and sunlight. So heavenly Jaye was as equally sure she was heavenly. but the goddess like grace and beauty of the woman caught her breath and dragged it from her lungs, so like she was drowning that she almost wished to claw toward the peak of the tent.

Word count630

Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next