[Verified by Abstract] Valdar Aretino

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Valdar Aretino

Postby Valdar Aretino on May 5th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Valdar Aretino

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 89th Winter, 488 AV
Birthplace: Ravok

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 119 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Gray

Appearance: Slight of build and poofy of hair, Valdar is made up almost entirely of opposites. His body is constructed of lean muscles and sharp angles. Steely gray eyes often stare out at the world, revealing almost nothing about his thoughts or feelings. Valdar tends to move quickly, walking fast with long strides and flowing movements. He frequently forgets to shave and instead prefers to sport stubble and a slight mustache. When caught up in his work, he often doesn't remember to take breaks for meals, and is as such slightly underweight.

Personality

Valdar is one to take an objective point on most issues. He remains calm and rational in most situations.

He is cold and short with most people, snapping at those who come across as stupid to him, and sees himself better than most. Part of this came from his ability to use magic, though as a child he was rather demanding of those around him. He has never formed a true friendship with anyone, nor a lasting bond, and he has little to no interest in women or anyone. Sex holds no appeal to him.

Instead of matters of women and love, Valdar prefers to pour himself into his studies and practice of magic. Valdar harbors an interest in the other forms of magic, too-not just Auristics, which he knows best. A major goal for him is to obtain a basic understanding of all the known magics, and he's prepared to devote as much time and energy as his project requires.

Raised to worship Rhysol from birth, Valdar still reveres the god of chaos and would one day like to have a conversation with him face-to-face. He doesn't hold the same faith in the god as he once did, age and experience loosening his ties to his childhood.

History

Pre-Creation

Valdar's mother, Karina Maze, was an Auristics student living in Zeltiva who met a Ravok citizen named Mason Aretino while he was in Zeltiva learning magic at the university. After finishing his studies, the pair lived together for a time. When Karina became pregnant, she kept the secret from Mason-who had made it explicitly clear to her that he didn't want to deal with raising a child. He found out on the day of Valdar's birth, and killed her out of spite and shock, leaving himself alone to raise a child. He then returned to Ravok, where he raised Valdar until his son moved out when he was 21 years old. The two haven't spoken since.

Before moving out, Mason taught him what he knew of magic. It was his father who trained Valdar in Auristics originally, but it will be Valdar who earns the expertise with aura reading in the future.

Since he's lived on his own, he's had a multitude of jobs, none of which have worked out well for him. Though his skill in Auristics would make him suited for a job where he could utilize his magic, his mildly offputting personality got him fired. Several times. He hasn't held down a steady job for more than a season, and is unemployed at the beginning of Spring.

Written

Forthcoming...

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Nader-Canoch
Poor Language: N/A

Skills

Skill EXP Earned Total Proficiency
Auristics 30 SP 30 Competent
Carving 20 SP 20 Novice
Malediction 15 RBP 15 Novice

Lores

Starting
  • Auristics: Discerning between Overlapping Auras
  • Carving: Working with Wood

Personal

Magic

Skill

Miscellaneous

Possessions

Equipped
1 Set of Clothing:
  • Simple Shirt, light gray
  • Simple Pants, dark gray
  • Simple Undergarments
  • Simple Coat, black
  • Simple Boots, black leather
1 Backpack which contains:
  • Comb (Wood)
  • Brush (Wood)
  • Soap
  • Razor
  • Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
  • 1 eating knife
  • Flint & Steel
  • 1 Waterskin
  • Ravok citizenship papers, kept on person at all times

Weapons

Clothing

Animals
Two Cats:[list]
[*]Misery, who is black with one white paw.

Miscellaneous

Heirloom: A heavy black wool coat with three silver buttons on the front. Worn only for special occasions and when in cold places. The coat was a present from his father the year before he left and is still in excellent condition.

Housing

House: An average sized, single room apartment with a bed, table, a couple chairs, wardrobe, and complimentary chamber pot.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Two cats -4 SM 99 GM, 6 SM
Two 6" bowls -4 CM 99 GM, 5 SM, 6 CM
Last edited by Valdar Aretino on July 25th, 2014, 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valdar Aretino
Power alone is foolishness.

Words: 12009
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

100 Questions

Postby Valdar Aretino on July 6th, 2014, 8:19 pm

100 Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Valdar Aretino. Nothing less and nothing more.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Did you not just hear me say 'nothing less and nothing more'?
3. How old are you? I have seen twenty-five winters so far.
4. What is your height? Five feet eleven inches.
5. What is your weight? I do not understand why this is relevant to anything, but if you must know, I weigh one hundred nineteen pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I assume you speak of my external appearance? Fine. I am tall and scrawny with ridiculous amounts of hair.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. I would not know how others see me. I have not their eyes.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My eyes, for they allow me to see more than what resides on the surface.
4. How physically fit are you? I never engage in physical exercise unless I absolutely must.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I wear dark colors almost always. Greys and blacks are my preference.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother is dead-killed by my father for hiding her pregnancy from him. I have no idea how my father is faring. If he is still alive, perhaps one day I will return to speak with him.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Not to my knowledge.
3. What is your extended family like? My father was an only child, though my mother had a large family in Zeltiva. I would like to meet them one day.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I have no friends, and I care not for my family.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Mis and Nee are all I have. To mistreat them would be horrid.

1. Where were you born? In Zeltiva. I was raised in Ravok, however.
2. Where do you live now? Ravok.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I would either remain in Ravok or go to Zeltiva or Sahova. There is not much here for me, though I have not considered the potential of going elsewhere.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Home.
5. Where do you fear to be? I am afraid of the end. I fear standing in front of Lhex, with my fate in his hands. I am afraid because I know I am not a good person and I worry where I will go.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Of course not.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left-handed, though I do some tasks with my right.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I am fluent in the common tongue and I have a basic understanding of the most powerful of all languages. If I speak with an accent, then it is not an accent I am aware of. My voice is often hoarse with disuse, as I rarely feel the need to speak.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? My most annoying habit is my tendency to point out flaws in others.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I would never mar my skin in such a manner voluntarily.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I have held a variety of odd jobs. I consider myself a seeker of knowledge first and foremost, though at the present time I am employed as a carver.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? It passes the time and makes me money. I cannot complain.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I would be a god, of course. Perhaps the god of magic. That power, though it would come at a price, would be the most freeing thing in the universe.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I have a grudging respect for those who guard Ravok's streets.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Slaves are to be looked down on under all circumstances. There is nothing of worth they can provide save hard labor.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Quiet most of the time. Rude when I spoke.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? When I was young, I visited a very old friend of my father's who created bursts of fire above his home with a form of magic. It was...enchanting.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Though I do not remember it, the loss of my mother is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I would do most anything for the chance to have met her.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? My relationship with my father was cordial at best. We never saw eye to eye.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? The same friend who showed me fire bursts all those years ago. It was he who told me of magic and the Zeltivan university.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I am seeking further education at the moment.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I greatly enjoy and avidly pursue knowledge.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Most skills I possess were taught to me by my father.
4. How do you learn best? By reading and doing.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I wish to attend the Zeltivan University.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No, never. Bonds are weaknesses.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Trust is a privilege I grant only to myself.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Sex disgusts me. I see no reason to label myself with something that does not even concern me.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I refrain from consuming alcohol. It clouds my judgement and alters my perception in a way that does nothing positive for my state of mind.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Again, no.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Both substances are things that I find immensely distasteful.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I carve as a way to make money.
2. Do you like to read? When I can get my hands on books, yes.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Idiocy.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? I enjoy meditation, which is calming and assists me when I must draw on the power of my Auristics.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I suppose public nudity, though I have never experienced such a feeling, would be shameful.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Grey.
2. What is your favorite time of day? I prefer the night.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? I am mesmerized by the delicate dance of water. Fire is alluring as well.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I eat only when I have to. Most food is not worth consuming.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I have never experienced any weather that frightens me. I am fond of rain.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? That would depend on your definition. I am more of a "glass half empty" person, though I believe that the world can, and must, be changed.
2. What are your religious views? I once worshiped Rhysol, as did my father, though now I merely respect him. There is no god who calls to me as of now.
3. Would you be able to kill? I believe I would.
4. What are your views on sex? No.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Hard work, many accomplishments, and the respect of others.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? It is the same thing-leaving my father. He is alone now, yes, but I no longer am required to be in his presence.
2. What is your greatest regret? Not knowing my mother.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Did we not just discuss this? Think back five chimes to the answer I just gave you.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would prevent my father from killing my mother.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I am proud of gaining my independence.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? My feelings are often my own, though my thoughts I share frequently.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I suppose that is a matter of opinion. I would say I do not, though others may view me differently.
3. What makes you happy? Mis and Nee.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Nothing. There is nothing in this world worth protecting with my life.
5. What makes you angry? Idiots.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? All who I speak with are morons unless proven otherwise.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Me.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Are you truly asking another question again? Think back, I implore you.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? I trust myself and only myself. All who put others before their lives are utter fools and deserve the death that will surely come to them.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I will never actively seek a fight, though I will always speak what is on my mind. If others take offense, so be it.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Leaders are figureheads and nothing more. The person behind the shadows who controls everything is the most powerful man and the person I seek to be.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I dislike crowds. Too much commotion for my tastes.
4. Do you care what others think of you? I could not give half of a damn how others view me.
5. What do you think of others, in general? People are fools until they prove themselves not to be.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My intelligence.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I suppose my lack of openness.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Nothing.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? I prefer to avoid social situations, which makes me an introvert, I suppose.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Time spent cleaning is time wasted.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I respect Rhysol, though I do not worship him.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I have already explained my views on Lhex.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I have never given this thought, as I have never needed to.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I would never change who I am as a person, and I would never lay down my life for anyone.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? I live to learn.
2. What is the best part of life? The best part of life varies by person. Some enjoy things that others do not. I have already explained my own views on this-please work on your memory; it is appalling.
3. What is the best part of death? There is nothing good about the process of dying.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Not at all. Though dying via ingestion by snake would give one's life a sense of symmetry.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My contributions to the world.
Valdar Aretino
Power alone is foolishness.

Words: 12009
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes