Completed There's Always a Limit

Some training, some shopping, dude's got a basket.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

There's Always a Limit

Postby Russell Wood on May 7th, 2014, 1:19 am

22nd Day of Spring, 514

Russell woke up particularly early that morning, it was time for him to prepare and train today, but before that he needed to go out for a bit of shopping, it was time for him to actually wear something good while not standing out. Not that his current clothes bothered him, not in the least. But he did want to appear better than your run of the mill person. With that thought in mind Russell got ready at a record time. With his clothes all on, he went out that morning.

As he stepped outside he realized that he didn’t know where to go, this was going to be the first time he’d gone shopping while in this city. Good thing that the ravosalamen were around, they were really helpful when it came to being new to the city. Of course he’d be expected to pay up a little extra, but that wasn’t going to be a real problem to begin with. He got on one of the many ravosalas that lined the corner of the canals. ”Could you take me to some place that sells clothes? I’d appreciate It even more if you could try and make it a well known place, you never know what a shady back street place might try and pull off.”

The man nodded, ”It’s no problem, should be around the merchants ring, sit tight I’ll take you there.” The ravosalaman then started to row as the boat went down the maze that was the canals of Ravok, he found himself thinking back to the last couple of days; things have really changed. He was now an apprentice to another wizard. This made him want to work himself even harder; not to impress some wizard, but to get through learning things faster. Sadly he had to keep reminding himself that one only had a finite amount of Djed.

As he finished on that thought train the ravosalaman stopped him off by a place that was dotted with different stalls and shops of all kinds. He paid the man, and went on his way, the first place that was on his list was going to be Maven’s threads; he could see the shop right in front of him. So it was a simple choice that he took without even really thinking about it.

As he stepped into the store he could see a wide array of different clothes. It was a little overwhelming. But Russell was prepared; he had made a mental list of what he had wanted a whole new make over. The person minding the store at the moment was a rather young woman. She approached Russell with a smile. ”How can I help you?” her voice was a little annoying to Russell if he had to be perfectly honest. It was a little squeaky and far too high pitched. ”I’d like a pair of shoes, trousers, a new cloak and a new shirt please.” He said with a smile on his face. The woman thought on that and nodded. ”If you’d come over here for a second sir, we’ve got a number of different materials in store. Please pick one of them, and also the color you’d like them in please.”

Russell looked at the number of different fabrics held on hooks and hung from the wall, not many appealed to him, either they stood out too much or they weren’t good enough. Russell sighed, before looking at a piece of wool. It was fine, not too fine, which suited him. ”Could you get the garments of clothes in this fabric, I think I’ll take the shoes as leather ones. Could you also please make everything except for the shirt black, I’d prefer that piece in white. Thank you very much.”

The store clerk nodded. ”Certainly sir, now please do come this way. I’ll do some quick measurements.” Russell followed the woman to a corner of the store. He felt half a need to hypnotize her into giving him a good discount but he had to save his djed for later, hopefully this wouldn’t be too big a burden on his wallet.

The woman spent a couple of minutes measuring him before setting out to go and get the stuff he had wanted. ”I’ll be back in one minute, just sit tight for me please.” Russell nodded and stood there in thought. Now what else could should he buy for himself today, Russell really couldn’t think of much else. Until a flash of metal from the corner of his eye caught his attention; the dagger that he always kept around him, it was something that he had but really didn’t know how to use. He needed some sort of training aid to work with this thing.

As he finally came up with a plan, Russell was interrupted; the woman had his things in hand. She held them inside a basket of some sort, Russell wondered about that. Wood was something that was common here so it wasn’t all too great a surprise. ”Sir would you like the basket with it too?” She was polite, but that voice was grating on Russell’s nerves. ”Yes, I’d prefer having something to hold it in.” He was quick to get to the point; he wondered how much everything would cost considering how good it looked to him.

”That’ll be 18 gold and 6 copper mizas please.” Russell went into his pocket and pulled out the necessary amount of money. He gave the woman 18 gold and 1 silver, he got 4 copper back as change before he left. ”Please come back again.” She said as he was just about to close the door. ”Don’t count on it.” He muttered under his breath, he could only take a good deal of an annoyance before It really started to grate on him.

His eyes landed on a store called the defiled blade, well it was clearly a forge, the smoke, the size and the open door showing the men working with weapons…The name was another give away.

Russell began to make his way toward the place, it was a short walk, and he stepped in through the open door. To his surprise someone was already waiting there, it was a boy, in his teens. Russell estimated him to be around 16, fairly tall for his age. ”Hello, you wouldn’t happen to have training aids for a dagger like this, such as perhaps a dummy dagger.” Russell said in a polite tone. The boy thought about it before answering. ”We’ve got a two different types of what you could call…Training aids, a pure wooden one, or one with a metal core, please pick between the two sir. Could I also take a closer look at your dagger which I’m assuming you’re getting the aid for.”

Russell nodded and passed the boy his prized possession, he wasn’t usually one to let people touch it, that thing was something that he preferred having close. Someone else touching it felt wrong to him, so when the boy offered it back Russell was all to happy to take it back and place it back in it’s sheath. ”I’ll be back in one second sir, please wait patiently.” Russell nodded. He didn’t feel much like talking, it was hot in here, far too hot for his liking. By the looks of it most of the men here didn’t either by the amount of sweat pouring from their bodies, this was a really hard job, Russell could tell that much at a first glance.

”That’ll be one golden miza sir.” Russell passed the boy the needed amount of money before taking his wooden dagger in hand. ”Thank you for your assistance.” Russell said with a small smile on his face as he began to leave. ”No problem at all, make sure to stop by here again next time you’re around.” The teenager said with a wave. Russell plopped the dagger into the basket that he was holding before making his way onto a ravosala that was parked by the canal, so convenient.

”To the docks please, next to Tarsin’s place would be nice.” The man nodded before padding. Why were they all so quiet today, it wasn’t that Russell didn’t appreciate it which he did, it was just rather strange. The ravosalaman dropped him off near his place; Russell gave him a nod as he passed him the required amount of money, the man nodded back.

The wizard made his way up to his room, he had gotten a few strange looks due to the fact that he had his basket in hand, people probably weren’t used to him shopping, he had been around for a good bit now, and this place was a comfortable place to live. He stepped into his room, it was time to get changed and head out to do some ‘playing’ around for the rest of the day!

Things bought :
Everything is large; Russell is just too tall….
Everything other than the shirt is dyed black.
Leather Shoes-2gm, 2sm, 5 cm
Fine wool trousers-6 gm
Fine wool shirt- 7sm, 1cm
Fine wool full cape-15 gm
Medium common beech wood basket-1 sm
All Clothes=24 gm, 6cm
Metal core dagger-1gm
Total cost=25 gm, 6cm
Russell Wood
Player

Words: 79132
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 11:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

There's Always a Limit

Postby Russell Wood on May 8th, 2014, 1:34 am

Russell changed into his new set of clothes as fast as he could, his shoes were replaced with black leather ones, his shirt was now white with a black cloak worn over it and his trousers were also black. Russell allowed the hood to hang over his head and began his walk toward going outside right after he pocketed the metal core dagger. It wasn’t like he was going to use it now but his almost constant paranoia stopped him from putting it back down on the bed a he left the room. Russell pondered on who he should victimize today, and how he would go around doing it.

The first thought that went through his mind was to go to the back of the docks looking for a bunch of homeless people to mess with, but that wasn’t a challenge. It reminded him more of playing with a dead leaf, utterly useless and boring. The next plan was to go to the Silver Silver tavern; he could get a drink as he bettered himself. Russell smiled as he stepped outside rather happily; he had a lot to start doing today. He walked toward his favourite tavern, each one of his steps held a good bit of vigour, a near bounce. One could clearly tell that the man was happy for one reason or another.

What Russell was hoping for to happen didn’t happen as he reached the tavern, had anyone tried to ruin his happy walk they would have become his next victim, well this place was usually full. Russell sighed a breath of relief as he saw it was indeed full once more. He sat down on a table just off the middle of the room. The corners made it look like he wanted to be alone and the centre stuck at far too much. Russell let his hood fall down and looked around for a barmaid of some sort, to his surprise the barmaid that he saw on his second day here was the one to serve him, so she still worked here.

Russell found his victim right there and then, the barmaid was a few inches over five feet tall, her dark brown hair and eyes appeared to be black at a first glance. She had a rather child-like face that showed an innocence that was too obvious to abuse. Russell smiled as he did the first time. ”Fancy running into you again, how’ve you been?” Russell said in a light tone, she seemed to be rather nervous the last time around. Hopefully she was more open and talkative.

She seemed to blush a little before stopping to take a rather deep breath. She met his smile with one of her own, it was far brighter than any of his smiles could ever get. ”Hello, it really has been a while, I’ve been doing fine myself; how about you sir?” Unlike Russell who’d only asked that question as an ice-breaker, she actually seemed to care. She stood there waiting on his answer.

”I’m doing pretty great; I could do with a glass of ale, and possible half an hour of your time?” Russell said with a small smile, the girl blushed a rather deep shade of red as the words wouldn’t come out. Russell felt as if he should help the poor girl out. He made eye contact as an emotional response of happiness was instilled. Russell helped it along a little more it was little hard, but he followed it up with a suggestion. ”I should take this chance.” Russell smiled as he waited for her to be able to get something out of it. He let his smile slowly fade as the next suggestion was weaved.

”He’s losing interest!” Russell couldn’t help but feel good about the last one. The girl was taking a few deep breaths as she found it hard to let the words come out. ”I’ll be finishing up really soon, so I’ll come back with your drink sir.” She was as red as a tomato. Russell watched her rather awkward steps back toward the bar to order the drink, as he cupped his chin he moved his thumb to his the smirk that he couldn’t keep off his face. Russell was sure that things would be turning out well.

What surprised him is that another barmaid came to deliver the drink to him; he paid her the 4 copper mizas and waited in his chair as he drank the ale. Russell finished the ale and with a rather large sigh too, it was good there was no doubting that. He waited for a couple more minutes and after waiting for a while the barmaid from earlier had finally come.

She had not only gotten changed but her hair was styled a little different too. She didn’t stand out all too much due to her height. But one could say she was rather pretty, Russell didn’t care about that. ”My…you look rather stunning.” Russell said with a smile back on his face. The girl blushed a little as she looked away. Russell stood up. ”Would you join me for a walk?” Russell’s tone was friendly and rather warm at the moment. ”I’d love to, my name’s Ellessya by the way.” She said as she couldn’t even meet his eyes. Russell would find it a little hard to play around if she kept on looking down.

”Mine’s Russell, so shall we go?” He said as he led the girl out of the tavern, holding the door open for her. As he closed the door a number of cheers could be heard. Russell chuckled a little while Ellessya blushed. Russell found himself starting a conversation small talk was usually the best way to get a conversation moving in the right direction. ”Today’s weather is rather nice, wouldn’t you agree?” Russell said in a light tone, he looked up at the rather clear sky. The temperature wasn’t hot, nor was it cold. Ellessya nodded not uttering a peep, her face was red and Russell couldn’t help but laugh a little.

This immediately drew her attention and caused her blush a deeper shade of red. ”Relax a little; I’m not going to bite.” Russell as he said this made sure to look straight into her eyes, an emotional response of calming was weaved. He could slowly see the bright colour leave her face. Russell found himself looking around; the girl was far too deeply concentrated on him. He had been leading her to a place that had less people around. He made sure to walk really slowly so the transition between populated to unpopulated was something she would hardly notice.

Russell looked up into the sky. ”How long have you been living here miss?” He looked over to her direction once more. She couldn’t simply nod to this one. ”A season….” She said as she looked down on to the ground. Russell smiled as the next question came to his head. ”What are your three sizes?” The reaction was instantaneous, she turned a deep red and Russell broke out in laughter. Her reaction was too good not to laugh at. She noticed this and in a display of confidence that was rather rare for her, she back-handed his arm rather hard. Russell was taken by surprised as he rubbed his arm and looked up to see the expression on her face, no longer was it red, but she seemed to be pouting rather.

Russell chuckled a little as he looked at the expression on her face. ”Ah, cheer up I was only joking, you should smile a little.” Russell said with a big smile on his face, he was certainly enjoying this. He hadn’t had many conversations such as this one since coming to Ravok. He had been too busy watching over his back to really socialize with the people of the place, other than his master and a couple other people that he met in weird circumstances Russell couldn’t say he was in the best condition to say he had powerful connections.

Ellessya seemed to be showing a smile her self, so she needed a little time to get over her shyness. Russell found that things would hopefully be getting easier from this point on. ”Russell…if I may call you that. Urm, so I haven’t seen you around at before the first time you came to the bar, are you new here?” Russell found himself raising an eyebrow, sure he was new here but what did that matter? Well it was small talk anyway, Russell looked around the area; people were hard to come by at the moment. He knew what to do from this point on.

”You are correct; I am in fact new, although lets keep that a secret between ourselves alright.” He said as he winked in her direction. She blushed and looked away; Russell chuckled a little earning him another slap on the arm. ”You shouldn’t laugh at a lady.” A pout was on her face, Russell found himself looking into her eyes longer than he should have.

The man felt as if he should perhaps try something new, hypnotism was all good, and he would carry on with that. But he felt as if he should try something that would allow him to really express himself, and he was sure he could do it during this walk. Without the girl next to him it’d become impossible to do so. [shadow]”I should tell him something about me.”[/shadow] Russell weaved this as they made eye contact for a second, it was a tense silence. ”I won’t laugh at this lady before me any longer.” He said with a smile, it was rather big. The atmosphere was rather tense.

They reached the end of the line, this area was deserted, no-one took notice of this barren place, only a lone canal stood in front of the pair. ”Hm, it’s empty here but you cannot say it isn’t beautiful.” Russell said in a more relaxed tone. Ellessya nodded as she looked at the houses across from them. ”This place is busier at night, not some-place you wanna be alone in, I’ve got nothing to worry about now thought.” She said as she had a small smile on her face. Her face was red, and eye contact lasted for a while.

Russell didn’t like the atmosphere it was tense in a way he couldn’t describe, the feeling of trying something new and the hope that whatever thing he tries will bring a certain bit of peace to him. The distance between the pair’s faces was slowly closing, Ellessya closed her eyes, a rather deep pink hue took over her cheeks. The distance between the two was nearly closed…..

A splatter was all that could be heard, before a rather shocked gasp, a rather desperate gasp. Russell looked down on his hand now covered in blood. He was forcing the blade of his dagger into the chest of Ellessya, he had never killed before. The feeling he was getting at the moment….Wasn’t quite what he expected. Russell lifted his blade hand causing spasms of pain to shoot through the body of the girl. He forced her to turn around, her back to his chest. ”W-why…” Tears were streaming down her face, her voice was quiet, hard to hear, but Russell who was leaning over a little to rest his chin on her shoulders couldn’t help but laugh a little.

”Oops, seems like I broke our promise already, this little lady just got laughed at. Do you even know where you are? Trusting me, not looking around; blushing like a nervous wreck at every word that came out of my mouth. You didn’t doubt me for a second. Someone as naïve and as innocent as yourself deserves everything you’re going to get.” Russell said with a tone full of contempt.

Sobs wracked the girl’s body as the color was slowly draining from her face; Russell had to add in the finishing touches. ”Guess what? I noticed you every time I came into the tavern, you weren’t fooling anyone. Those shrieks whenever I looked at or near where you were hiding. The blushing, your stuttering. Confident when talking to another customer, blushing while talking to me. You couldn’t just have been new, that was never it. I really do wonder how it feels to be stabbed by the man you’re lusting for.” Russell knew he was literally turning the blade within the wound, the sobs became heavier, Russell planted a kiss on to her cheek. ”Good bye.” He took out the knife and pushed her into the canal. A sad way to go, but he himself didn’t feel much at all.

Russell had known for years that he wasn’t the same as other people, the blood that covered one of his hands and his dagger clearly showed this, a few spatters where on his shoes too. Russell looked down at the water that had a rapidly fading bubble of red inside the waters; the girl was gone never to be seen again. He walked off with a shrug; this had never been his problem. He couldn’t bring himself to feel anything for the girl. He could have simply pushed her in after stabbing her, but those last few words filled him with power. Russell Wood had never been a nice person, but during the last few moments his inner darkness was given free reign, something he hadn’t done ever since coming to Ravok. He had to go back to the tavern to get cleaned up, small fits of laughter slipped from his throat as small chuckles began to turn into full out laughter. Hadn’t he said so before….Ravok was truly his home.
Russell Wood
Player

Words: 79132
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 11:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

There's Always a Limit

Postby Nemesis on May 21st, 2014, 1:05 pm

Russell Wood

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Hypnotism +2
Observatiom +2
Seduction +2
Socialisation +1
Weapon: Dagger +1

Lores

*The Sensation of Murder

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *18GM 6CM for clothing
    *1GM for metal core dagger
    *4CM for ale

Other
    *The Ebonstryfe found the body and know what sort of weapon was used to kill the woman. They are enquiring at Tarsin's Boarding House for any witnesses who knew the barmaid, and any who might have seen who had spoken with her on the day of her murder. They are searching for the killer now, and believe they are close to finding him.
[/list]

Notes

*Ravok might be the city of Chaos, Russell, but murder isn't taken lightly. If found, the punishment is death.

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)