[Verified by Crosspatch] Theodore Muzenni

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Theodore Muzenni

Postby Theodore Muzenni on May 20th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Theo

Theme Song :

The Basics: Who? Why? Where? How?

"Please, allow me to introduce myself: Theodore P. Muzenni, at your service."

Name: Theodore P. Muzenni
Goes By: Theo
Race: Human
Birthday: 46, Autumn, 490 AV
Birthplace: Ravok
Profession: Bartender

Appearance
"I knew a morpher once: good man, knew his wine. Anyway, during one of our many alcohol-fueled discussions, I suggested he add me to his repertoire. He refused! Can you believe it? I'm such a perfect specimen too. In hindsight though, it makes sense. Perfection would be difficult to imitate even for the most skilled morpher, I think."

Standing at above average height, Theo boasts a slim build. Not quite lanky, but still long of limb; every movement he makes seems deliberate, and usually is. He keeps his hair cut short and styled in whatever fashion is popular, despite it usually being concealed beneath his hat. His moustache though? He would never change that: fashion or no fashion.

Theo's olive-coloured eyes sit content on his face. His nose is slightly too big, and his ears are likely too small. He's probably more handsome than most by traditional standards, but he's nothing special either. Theo wears his bartender uniform with pride even when not working: a white shirt, black trousers, black vest, and black shoes. He's not above adding some colour with his scarf and some style with his tophat, however.

Character Concept
"I sometimes wonder if there is something inately wrong in using hypnotism to get what I want, and I always decide that there isn't. A veluptuous woman will use her assets to affect those around her, for instance. We are always influencing those around us, so who cares how we do it?"

On the surface, Theo appears to be an egotistical, self-centered man used to getting what he wants. Of course, that is the idea, and does reflect a big part of who he is. Unfortunately, try as he might, Theo is unable to completely repress some of his better qualities. Sometimes without realising it, he will use his abilites to offer people a subtle, helpful nudge.

A bartender by trade, Theo presents a much more civil front to his patrons. He wipes the bar, he mixes drinks, and he throws out the occasional drunk. It is a humbling profession that Theo feels suits him very well. It also gives him ample oportunity to interact with people and practice his other, less reputable hobbies.

Theo is an accomplished hypnotist, having initially learnt the skill from a drunk. Though learnt probably isn't quite the right word, as it implies there was some teaching involved. The drunk in question, whose name Theo never bothered to learn, grew careless beneath his drink and tried to hypnotise him in a very obvious way one particularly slow night at work. A few free drinks and a promise of silence gained Theo a rough explanation of the initiation process and the magic's basic principles. He took to the craft like a fish to water and uses his skills in almost every aspect of his day-to-day life. Small things, of course; his anomynity as a hypnotist is his greatest ally. He might make people feel slightly more relaxed in his prescence, or give a barmaid a small pinch of confidence to help her through her shift.

Character History
Pre-Creation

"Being born in Ravok had its benefits, I think. I never used to consider why non-citizens were treated as less than human, it was simply the way things were. Even now, despite my growing distaste for the practice, I know I will never act upon it."

Theo's father, a fisherman named Vint, was an honest man who worked like a plough horse to provide for his family. Well built and broad of shoulder, Vint and his son had very little in common physically speaking. Theo's mother, a woman named Nina, was soft-spoken and harboured a fondness for reading. She handled most of her son's education, and her lessons are among his most cherished memories.

"All things considered, I often wonder how Ravok would function without The Black Sun keeping us in line. Not very well, I suspect. In this too we are indebted to them, I think."

Theo grew into a typical resident of Ravok. He worhips Rhysol as his only god, and his morals are flexible by normal standards. Eventually, he chose a profession he felt he could flourish in and pursued it diligently. Recently, however, the young man has found himself growing bored. Who knows where his life could lead, should an attractive challenge present itself.

Knowledge & Understanding

"If one were to ever write down my skills in a neat little list, it wouldn't accurately reflect the man that I am, I think. I can assure you that I am good at pretty much everything."

Skills - Physical
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
NA NA NA NA

Skills - Combat
NA NA NA NA

Skills - Social
Leadership 12 SP 12 Novice
Persuasion 12 SP 12 Novice
Rhetoric 10 SP 10 Novice

Skills - Mental
NA NA NA NA

Skills - Academic
Philosophy 5 SP 5 Novice

Skills - Trade
NA NA NA NA

Skills - Magic
Hypnotism 15 RB, 11 SP 26 Competent

Lore
    Ravok
    >Streetplan: Ravok

Religion
    >Religion: Rhysol

Language
Fluent Language: Common

Basic Language: N/A

Poor Language: Fratava

Religion
Rhysol

Theo worships Rhysol in much the same way that all of Ravok's citizens do. He is perhaps not quite as devout as the average citizen, but that is an issue of personality, not religion.

Gnosis
(To be expanded when relevant)

Possessions/Inventory

"I am quite fond of pockets, I think.

Weapons

Clothing
>White Shirt, Linen
>Trousers, Black
>Shirt, White
>Undergarments, White
>Vest, Black
>Scarf, Dark Red
>Top-Hat, Black
>Leather Shoes, Black

Surivival
>Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
>1 Eating Knife
>Flint & Steel

Mount
>None

Miscellaneous
>Backpack
>Comb (Wood)
>Brush (Wood)
>Soap
>Razor

>Citizenship Papers: Ravok

> Mizas

Heirloom
Sword Cane

Comprised of a thin blade concealed in a walking cane, it is not the blade that demands attention, but the cane itself. Made of Ebony, the main portion of the cane is strong and sturdy. The figurehead, which doubles as the blade's handle, is an ornately carved serpent head accented with common metals to give it some colour.

Housing

House: An average sized, single room apartment with a bed, table, a couple chairs, wardrobe, and complimentary chamber pot.

Ledger

"I always dislike having to review my personal finances, but such things are necessary evils, I think. Fortunately, I live a humble existance. So long as the wine is outrageously expensive I am content to pay very little for just about anything else."

Starting Package
Purchase When Cost Total
Starting Package Creation +100 GM 100 GM
Scarf, Fine Wool Creation -3 SM 99 GM, 97 SM
Headwear Top HatI am using the price of 'Headwear, broad-brim hat' for this as it seemed the most appropriate. Creation -4gm 95 GM, 97 SM

[size=100][shadow=black][tabset=300]

PLACEHOLDER
Purchase When Cost Total
PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER PLACEHOLDER

Relationships

"Relationships are made of clay, my dear: Quite easy to mold while building them and amazingly fragile when they're done. This is not an accident, I think."

PLACEHOLDER
PLACEHOLDER

Thread List

Flashbacks
Thread Date Notes
[The Malt House]Raising The Bar 33rd Day of Winter, 510 Ongoing

Winter, 514
Thread Date Notes
Ah But It's Cold Outside 4th Day of Winter, 514 Ongoing
[The Malt House]A Bottle of Red 8th Day of Winter, 514 Ongoing
Clean The Dust, If You Must 6rd Day of Winter, 514 Ongoing
Last edited by Theodore Muzenni on January 14th, 2015, 2:15 am, edited 22 times in total.

I apologise in advance, but Theo is quite liberal with his hypnotism. Fortunately, he doesn't use it with harmful intent, either.

"Speech"
Thoughts
"Hypnotic Suggestion"
Emotional Response

Sudden Thought
"NPC/Other PC"
Theodore Muzenni
The Bartender

Words: 18710
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 5:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Theodore Muzenni

Postby Theodore Muzenni on January 4th, 2015, 1:12 am

An Interview With Theodore P. Muzenni

General Information :
1. What is your Name?

My name is Theodore P. Muzenni,

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

but Theodore is somewhat of a mouthful, I think. Call me Theo.

3. How old are you?

Twenty-Four, last time I checked. I'd prefer not to check again any time soon, mind you. Perhaps I'll be due in another year or so?

4. What is your height?

Well, getting right down to brass taxes, aren't we? 186cm: That's not including the hat, my dear.

5. What is your weight?

Usually far longer than I would like, I'm afraid. I weigh 72kg, and yes, this time it's including the hat.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.

Well typically speaking I'm usually naked and- Oh. I suspect that scowl is your way of telling me that you weren't referring to when I glance longingly at myself in a full-length mirror, yes? No matter.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.

Well, that's somewhat of a difficult question I'm afraid. People tend to see me they way I want to be seen. You for instance find me intriguing- Your objection is unnecessary my dear; I've tickled your curiosity, and of this I have no doubt. But what about me are you interested in, I wonder... well, no matter. Judging by that list of questions you have, I suspect I'll find out sooner rather than later.

3. What is your favourite body feature?

Do I have to pick just one? My dear, I fear that this limitation serves no noticeable purpose. Take yourself for instance, a woman like yourself... your hips. Your hips are my favourite body feature, I think. On someone else, I suspect I might very well favour something different.

4. How physically fit are you?

I didn't tire myself out climbing the stairs to get up here, if that's what you mean. Can I casually lift boulders above my head and whatnot? I suspect not. Fortunately extra muscle isn't too hard to come by, I think.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

I suppose my current attire wasn't hint enough? Perhaps you suspect that my appearance is merely a ruse? Perhaps you suspect that I harbour a secret fondness for dresses and lace? Wouldn't that be a scandal? Unfortunately if it's a scandal you're after then I will only disappoint, I think.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?

My parents are an odd couple, I think. That being said, I can hardly claim to have known a perfect couple either. My father is a fisherman, which means he's very loud, very patient, and oddly charismatic. Fortunately, I didn't inherit his tendency to bellow. I did get the chest hair however, and to answer your question: yes, it's awe-inspiring.

My mother is much more soft spoken, almost shy. I find it difficult to conjure up a memory of the woman in which she isn't nose-deep in a book. She loves words and what they can accomplish; in this I am much like she is, i think.

Now look at me getting all sentimental. We can move on to the next question, yes?

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

I had a sister once, I am told. She was two years my senior, but she died before I was old enough to know her. Apparently she just didn't wake up one morning, and no one could figure out why. That's what hurt my parents the most, I think: Not knowing why.

They still mourn her loss. Not openly, of course, but I can tell... and I was hardly the best replacement. I don't look very convincing in a dress, I'm told. But this secret fondness for women's clothing is but a ruse, remember?

3. What is your extended family like?

I have an uncle in Zeltiva, apparently. He's my father's younger brother, and now you know just as much as I do. I apologise for over-sharing.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

Relationships are quite interesting, my dear. They are fragile little things that change shape with every passing moment. In this, they are all valuable to some extent... but that exact value is always changing, I think.

5. Do you treat animals like family?

My parents once got into an argument during which my father refereed to my mother as a cow. I suppose that doesn't count though, does it?

I was born right here in Ravok.

2. Where do you live now?

Ravok is my home, and I have no plans to leave it any time soon. Rain would probably lose it's novelty very fast, I think. I prefer not having to walk around waterlogged.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?

I am still quite content here in Ravok, my dear. We really are quite thorough though, aren't we?

4. Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time?

Nowhere specific comes to mind. Any place with fine wine and civil company would be sufficient, I think.

5. Where do you fear to be?

There are countless places I would likely avoid, if possible. I imagine I wouldn't enjoy myself much at the bottom of Lake Ravok for instance, what with my dislike of being waterlogged and whatnot.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)

Nothing worth mentioning, I'm afraid.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?

While I hardly see the relevance of such a question, I shall humour you with the knowledge that I am right handed. I suspect that you'll want to end the interview here though, since anything after this will surely seem bland in comparison, I think.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?

Common mostly, but I know a few others. Fratava is an odd jumble of a language, but it has its charm, I think. I was disappointed with Kontinese though. It condenses entire conversations into a series of one-word exchanges. One word! It takes the flow of language and just discards it like... like... bah!

I've been told that my baritone sounds quite pleasing. My tendency to properly annunciate has garnered quite a bit of favour from some people, I think.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

My dear, this is the problem with interviews. It's not very polite to insist people reflect upon their character, I think... but you don't really care what I think, do you? Fine.

To start with, let's address the elephant in the room: no, I do not twiddle my moustache. I've been told by some people that I talk too much and have an ego. Those people were most certainly wrong, I think. All signs point to me being without flaw.

You should probably note down that I winked at you as I said that last part, or the joke might go right over their heads. What do you mean "who's heads?" The countless people who will want to read about me, of course.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?

I neither have nor want such things, my dear. Why? I don't like the way they look, I'm afraid.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?

I work as a bartender, my dear. Shall I perhaps fetch a nice bottle of red? I assure you I know how to pick a good o- no? Very well, my dear. Just be sure to let me know if you change your mind, yes?

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

My work is very important to me, my dear. All things considered I would not be the man I am today without it, I think. I serve a valuable purpose, for without a bartender men are clumsy in their journey to inebriation. I help guide the way.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?

Godhood would be tempting, I think. I am already quite perfect in every way, so apotheosis seems the next logical step, wouldn't you agree? Of course, I am joking, my dear.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?

I admire people who work in libraries, or other such places that care for books. It is an important profession, but I would have done a poor job of it, I think. Such people are quite fond of silence and a lack of talking, and this would not sit well with me at all.

5. What occupation do you least like? Why?

Any occupation that forbade me constant communication with those around me. I have so many interesting things to say, and everyone should have the privilege of listening, I think.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?

Surprisingly obedient, actually. I was also somewhat smaller than I am now, I think. I used to eat a lot of fish. I once stubbed my toe really badly too if I rem- Hmm? Oh, that's enough? Very well then!

2. What is your favourite memory from childhood?

This is a sensitive question... but I will answer, I think. I will share with you this memory, but you will not get all of it. You ask for a favourite memory? It is the first time I remember my mother reading to me. It was a story book, but I will not share the story. No, the story is mine.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?

I have one, my dear. Of course I do. This particular memory I will not share, I think. You can try to convince me otherwise but I will not change my mind, of this I am certain.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?

A normal one, I think. We often got a long, but we often fought too. I... don't really see them much nowadays. I suspect they are not too fond of me for this. I barely forgive myself.

5. Who was your most influential role model?

There was no one person in particular but I was often fascinated by men of wealth. The way they moved, and the way they spoke, was something I found myself drawn to emulate.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?

My mother taught me letters and numbers, and she taught me the beauty of words both written and spoken. I was lucky to have her, I think.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?

If I thought the knowledge was worth learning I would surely enjoy it, I think. Otherwise I would most certainly find it tedious.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

For all intents and purposes, with the exception of a few scraps of theory I picked up from various sources, the skills I possess were self-taught. I am quite clever in teaching myself, I think.

4. How do you learn best?

Repetition makes for success, my dear. If you throw yourself at something with dedication, then understanding will come eventually, I think.

5. What are your educational goals for the future?

I have no plans to speak of, but I am always learning, I think. Every person I speak to teaches me something new about myself and what I am capable of, and there is value in this.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

Fortunately my dear, I am a firm believer in quantity over quality in all things except wine. I speak to countless people every evening, but they always return to their lives, and I am left alone polishing the bar. This is preferable to the alternative, I think.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

Trust is an interesting concept, my dear. By trusting someone you give a piece of yourself to them, and that piece gives them power over you. This is no small thing, I think. Do I trust people easily? No, of course not.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

I am straight, my dear. Now that you have that confirmed I imagine you would like me to start courting you, yes?

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

I have, but I will not share this with you, I think. It reminds me of other things I would much rather forget.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

... My dear, while I admire your tenacity, what made you think I would answer this question given my response to the last one?

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

You and I both know you already knew the answer to this one, my dear. As far as these things go, I am afraid my first time was very similar to most other people's, I think: I was young, drank too much, and barely remember any of it. My first hangover, however, I remember with a tad more lucidity.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?

Of course. It would be a shame to work in a bar and not be able to enjoy the occasional glass of wine, I think. Wouldn't you agree, my dear?

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

You're just rattling these questions off a list, aren't you? Mentioning my fondness for wine earlier must not have been sufficient, I think. I shall reiterate: I am a wine drinker. I prefer reds.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

I have not. That's not to say I haven't been tempted, mind you... but no, I will not turn to them for help any time soon, I think.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

I think alcohol is a wonderful thing that gives men courage and expands their minds. Drugs, on the other hand, I am not quite so fond of.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?

When I'm not working I enjoy wandering the streets of Ravok. It is a good way to pass the time, I think. Of course, one might also consider my fondness for wine a hobby too, yes?

2. Do you like to read?

3. What annoys you more than anything else?

People who are too blunt in their words irritate me to no end. Language is capable of such wondrous, complex things, I think. It is wasted on brutes who would be much better suited grunting at one another.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

There is nothing more relaxing than putting one's feet up after a hard night of working, I think. Add perhaps a nice bottle of red to that equation and I would be content.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

I don't get embarrassed, my dear. I vaguely recall that we've already established my perfection.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?

2. What is your favorite time of day?

3. What is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

A harbour a fondness for seafood, and I'm sure you can imagine why. Overly sweet foods leave a sickly taste in my mouth, and I do not like eating them, I think.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

The weather in Ravok is perfect and is the only weather I've known. This makes it both pleasant and fearful at the same time.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

Neither. I am a realist, I think. There are things I can do, and things I can't do.

2. What are your religious views?

As do all of my fellow citizens here in Ravok, I worship Rhysol.

3. Would you be able to kill?

I won't ever have to, I think. My dear, why ask such a brutish question of me? For arguments sake, let's say it was a kill-or-be-killed scenario, then... yes, I suspect I would be able to kill.

4. What are your views on sex?

It is a pleasant distraction to pull one away from the world, I think. In this, it is much like wine, only more complicated.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Not being dead is a good place to start, my dear. Beyond that, there is a difference between being alive and living, I think. Being successful means finding that balance. It is... not easy.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you've ever done?

2. What is your greatest regret?

3. What is your best/worst memory?

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Last edited by Theodore Muzenni on January 6th, 2015, 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I apologise in advance, but Theo is quite liberal with his hypnotism. Fortunately, he doesn't use it with harmful intent, either.

"Speech"
Thoughts
"Hypnotic Suggestion"
Emotional Response

Sudden Thought
"NPC/Other PC"
Theodore Muzenni
The Bartender

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Theodore Muzenni

Postby Theodore Muzenni on January 6th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Merits
  • Clever
  • Logical
  • Eloquent
  • Charming
  • Cautious

Flaws
  • Manipulative
  • Liar
  • Egotistical
  • Lonely
  • Arrogant

"Speech"
Thoughts
"Hypnotic Suggestion"
Emotional Response

Sudden Thought
"NPC/Other PC"
Theodore Muzenni
The Bartender

Character sheet