Familiar Connection

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Familiar Connection

Postby Miro on May 25th, 2014, 3:47 am

77th day of Spring, 514 AV

Things had been strange between Vien and Miro, but nothing that would hinder plans. There was a lot that was uncertain, but as of now, things had settled a bit. There were still unresolved issues and high tensions, but it hardly mattered. Such was the norm with relationships of this sort. An apprentice was trusted, but an asset had to be watched carefully. A good way was to have something over them. A bit of collateral, something to hold against them, other such brilliant solutions.

One of the best things for this was one that also presented a gain of power. The Familiar was a being linked to a wizard, and their lives were shared for it. By being able to hold possession of a Familiar, to keep it around as a threat, it was a good means of control. Not only were their lives shared, but their minds as well. With some work the bond could gain depth and power. The telepathic connection the two shared could allow some long range communication. The uses were indeed great.

The key was always to hide motive and push the benefits. No draw backs or negative consequences, just trickling allure in their eyes to blind them. And of course the secret ingredient, lots and lots of Hypnotism. Though that would come in time. Set up was almost as important as delivery. The plan was set, and the traps were plentiful. Now all there was to do was to wait. Vien was supposedly on his way. It was a miracle he was let wander about at all.

Ender was a key in this, the perfect example of what could be gained. By now the Irylid was every bit as strong as Miro. Sometimes the wizard feared even stronger. The radical thoughts the creature held, they were starting to inspire some amount of fear. But still, the Familiar was loyal, and the relationship between the two had never been better. There was not all that much to worry about. Nothing that could not be handled.

Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Familiar Connection

Postby Vien Lotus on May 25th, 2014, 5:54 am

As Vien walked down one of the few paths that lead to Miro's he slowly glanced over his shoulder. He had felt eyes on him ever since he had left Miro's early that morning but no matter how hard he tried he could never see anyone out of place. At one point he thought he spotted Miro's familiar, Ender, but whenever he took a closer look there was nothing there. In any case he knew it was almost time for his rendezvous with Miro and he was not about to show up late. So he slowly began to jog along the road making sure not to jar himself to much. He was light of foot but that did not mean accidents did not happen.

After several chimes of jogging he could start to feel the burning slowly encroach on his lung and legs. It had been awhile since he had made a point to do some jogging and now he was paying for it dearly. Ugh.... just keep breathing in through the lungs out through the mouth. he thought to himself as he fought to regain control of his lungs. Thinking back he knew he had never really tried to run and he made a mental not to himself to try and stay in shape. Sure Miro wants me now but if my studies start to become to challenging I'll need to make sure I have other useful traits to keep myself from the chopping block.

A few chimes later he slowed down to a gasping halt outside of the building Miro called home. Sweat dappled his forehead while some rolled down his pale cheek only to drop and disappear from sight underneath his shirt. He placed his hands on his waist and began to pace himself outside of the building trying to regain his breath. Gods, I am out of shape. he thought to himself as he finally regained his composure. He walked forward and grabbed the knob and hastily made his way inside. Once inside the building's musty smell overwhelmed him as usual, but today his meeting with Miro made him forget all complaints towards such trivial matter. He quickly hopped up the stairs and before to long he was standing just outside Miro's door. He knocked on the door several times before standing back to listen. The last time he had knocked on that door this late it was to ask for forgiveness, and at times he wish he would of never came back at all. He looked down at his hands and slowly traced the scars that now marked his once smooth hands. A gift from Miro that had marked him as a Reimancy user. He then looked closer to his right hand. Though there was not a second scar to commemorate it, he could still remember the feeling as Miro introduced him into the school of magic called Leeching.

He shivered a little as the memory trickled to the surface of that night. So much pain had been caused by Miro these past few months, but Miro was dead wrong if he thought he was going to get away with it unscathed. For now Vien vowed to just take his time. There was no reason to rush revenge. In fact taking his time would make the end results all the more sweeter for Vien. He shook the feelings of resentment away. For now Miro is my teacher so I will try my best to learn everything I can. After all, I didn't endure all this pain for just a tiny bit of power. Then when the time is right, I will take my revenge. He thought to himself allowing a small smile to creep upon his face. Vien was about to knock on the door again whenever it swung open. A wave of fear rose in Vien's stomach at the sight of Miro. Even though he wanted revenge for the pain, Vien was not about to forget the fact that Miro was still powerful and he was still very upset with him.

"Good evening, Miro" said trying to be as polite as he could. "I hope I am not late?" he asked a little worried.
Vien Lotus
Player

Words: 23057
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2013, 4:47 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Familiar Connection

Postby Miro on May 27th, 2014, 11:58 am

From the moment Vien arrived the wizard was ready to begin manipulation. The guest asked if he was on time, of which he certainly was. "Good evening to you as well Vien. You are just in time to begin. I have something planned for us. I shall show you a magic called Summoning. I will bring to you a creature from Ender's homeworld here, teach you of Fyrden." An introduction that piqued interest without revealing the true intention. It was a weak facade, but that was alright.

"Summoning can bring creatures from other worlds to Mizahar to serve a purpose for us. Fyrden is a horrid world, so the Fyrdenese are eager to cross over to our world. There are a variety of different Familiars on the world that may bond with wizards to leave the world forever. Today I will display for you Summoning and teach you of the process. It is something I may do often, so it's best to learn now."

It was perhaps enough to spark interest, and definitely a way to set up things. The best way to handle this was to ensure that it had some effect. To begin to steer things early with Hypnotism would be the best way. The urge to bond built over the course of the entire Summoning process. If necessary they could Summon different Familiars all day. Just let the Hypnotism build until finally it caused Vien to bond.

Miro started in, his voice ripe with hypnotic Djed, "Come sit down, make yourself comfortable." He cast emotional responses of relaxation and trust. "You'll be impressed to hear about Familiars and their abilities." The words impressing the suggestion, "I want a Familiar." Just a little way to ease into things.

Now things would get a bit more direct. He began to tap his foot rhythmically and impress his hypnotic will onto Vien. More powerful manipulations began to be cast by the Hypnotist. As he spoke he wove a string of manipulations to prime the former apprentice. He knew just how to make the bond of Familiary sound appealing.

"Ender is the best thing that ever happened to me. The Irylid is a great Familiar, able to observe so well, intelligent and logical. Our telepathic bond allows me to know all that happens around me. And Ender is capable of using magic just as well as I can. He can even replicate my form. I am twice as powerful with him."

Feelings of excitement, longing, anxiety and envy were pushed into the Symenestra. As well a set of suggestions, "I need a Familiar, I would never have to be alone, Ender is a great Familiar, I want what Miro has." It was a perfect way to see that the will was somewhere in Vien.

Miro was eager to get things started. He cast one more spell, a sudden thought. He snapped his fingers and the thought would appear in Vien's mind, "I want to start the lesson already." The wizard in this time had gone to retrieve his Glyphing bag and Summoning book. "Shall we get started then?"

Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Familiar Connection

Postby Vien Lotus on June 1st, 2014, 5:59 am

As Vien entered the room and strode over to the bed. He politely took Miro's offer to sit. Normally people would move towards the desk but Vien preferred the bed for some reason. So he gently removed his shoes placing them at the foot of the bed and climbed onto it where he sat cross legged style as Miro began to speak. As Miro told began to tell Vien about familiars he remembered the time when Ender had first spoke to him. He had chose to take the form of Miro as he had spoke to Vien. At the time Vien was confused because of the sudden appearance of the familiar; however, much time had passed since that night and he was finally starting to get used to Ender.

The orb of blue ice was no where to be seen but after further inspection Vien saw him gently clasped to Miro's arm. The silver bracelet shined as Leth's light struck it through the opened window. Ever since that first night he had been interested in Ender and his kind but for some reason he had never really committed to asking Miro about it; however, that night something seemed to click within him. His interest went beyond merely asking about Ender but wanting to actually get his own familiar. He could not place why he wanted one but he knew that having a partner like Ender would be very helpful to him.

As Miro continued to explain the bond to Vien feeling grew strong and stronger. As Miro mentioned all the pros to having a familiar Vien noticed that he did not mention the cons. He could not help but wonder if it was because Ender was in the room with us or some other unforeseen reason. After his list was finished Vien was hooked. Sure being able to use magic would be nice to have but hearing that Vien could talk to one telepathically that all but sealed the deal. He would be getting one even if it meant groveling to Miro for the chance to get one.

Vien was fit to burst with anticipation by the time Miro snapped his fingers. Anxious as he was to get started he would not allow his eagerness hinder his chances of Miro granting his wish. Instead he sat there in complete silence awaiting the opportunity to relay his eagerness and when Miro asked if Vien was ready it felt like a damn broke.

"Yes! I am ready to learn; however, I do not simply want to learn about familiars and summoning. I want one. In fact I don't think I'll move from this spot until you give me one. Is that understood?" he said crossing his arms defiantly.
Vien Lotus
Player

Words: 23057
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2013, 4:47 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Familiar Connection

Postby Miro on June 4th, 2014, 6:58 am

To give power to a person under his influence was a great pleasure to the Chained One. It served his desires, sated his cravings, if only for a moment. Uldr demanded the need to gain power and dominate the world around him. These intense impulses were undeniable, but he gained so much in return. It was obvious that all of this was to repay the god, to potentially gain favor. A test of sorts. Or instead more like a mission. It was Miro's calling to gather power and dominate for Uldr.

The god of the undead saw potential in those who held strong enough will to exist for an eternity. To give up everything in exchange for his gifts. Once a soul was sold to the god, they joined the ranks of the Returned, owned by him. It was a great deal for Uldr, though most could not truly appreciate his gifts. The more that were converted however, they would further the Chained One's power and domination he so craved.

Yes, it would serve well to initiate Vien into Familiary, but even more to further the control the wizard held. It seemed the former apprentice was eager to have a Familiar of his own. This was an excellent thing to see. It had to be taken advantage of. The only question was how. What would be taken in return for the Familiar? Another deal needed to be made.

Miro spoke very plainly in a sympathetic voice to the Symenestra on the bed. "Vien, I understand the appeal, though the process can be a bit of a hassle. I am capable of granting you a Familiar, though such a thing could prove to be a distraction from our lessons. The bond of Familiary is one that takes great effort and patience. Much like our own bond."

It was as if the undead did not want to deal with the extra focus, but this was far from the truth. Reimancy, Leeching and Familiary, these magics could be forced upon a person to make use of them quickly. When controlled by Hypnotism, it would make for the perfect servant. Almost at least. To make the servant a Chained One would be true perfection.

Even better when one could be fooled into making a deal and trading freedom for such power. Such a given power was not free, but instead meant to be controlled. "I will grant you a Familiar, but with one condition. If you truly wish to have one, then I am happy to appease you. However I can not allow you to make a mistake, bond to one that would become a burden, hinder your training."

The Hypnotist walked near to Vien and grinned at him. The fanged smile hidden behind the mask, it revealed a devious intention. The undead spoke to the Symenestra in a kind voice. His presence alone was enough to allow him to cast at this distance. A feeling of desire would rise in Vien as Miro's soft voice spoke. "You can decide against it, but I am sure we will find you the right partner."

It was not much of a hypnotic push, just a strong burn of desire. The severity of the spell neared the levels of an emotional surge, but was restrained greatly. The Hypnotist's raw presence was not enough to alone to empower a full emotional surge. However the desire would not quite be subtle, but instead build the emotion enough to get the target's heart racing with desire as the words were spoken.

It was up to Vien. The wizard would set up and do things either way. But for this he would need Ender's help. He spoke telepathically to his partner, "Ender, replicant form, please. I need your assistance with Summoning. We will get Vien a partner. A good one. I want one that will be easy to work with." The words caused a rise in excitement in the Familiar that the master easily perceived.

"Yes master, I will be glad to. A good Familiar, it should be one I can work well with. Not a Lightfacer, not a common bit of rubbish, a reliable bonding partner. Easy to manage, trustworthy, nice to have around, I know the perfect choice. An Irylid, I know. My brother, I guess you could say. We broke apart into two, though we used to be one. He is my spawn-sibling, Dyer is his name. I couldn't think of anyone better."

The Chained One liked what he heard. To have another Ender around would be excellent. "So it shall be. Summon your brother, let us bond him to Vien. I will see that it is done." The Irylid broke from his master's wrist and assumed his replicant form. The creature shifted into the form of a dark clothed man and began to ready the supplies for circle construction. They would begin soon. First they needed to settle things so they could prepare.

Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Familiar Connection

Postby Nemesis on August 1st, 2014, 10:24 pm

Miro

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Hypnotism +1
Negotiation +1
Persuasion +1
Tactics +1
Teaching +1

Lores

*None

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *None

Vien

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Skill ? +?
Skill ? +?

Lores

*?
    *?
    *?

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *?
    *?

Loot/Expenses
    *?
    *?

Notes

*Another one, Miro? :( was shaping up to be a good one too...
    *Vien, if you decide to return, send me a PM and I will post your grade.

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)