Closed Carpe Diem -- Seize the Fish [Atoll]

The Day of The Festival

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Carpe Diem -- Seize the Fish [Atoll]

Postby Jaye on June 27th, 2014, 8:30 am

“You’re a horse. Ya were human and now you’re a horse.” Jaye gazed at him with the large brown eyes of her horse form. Colours had slid away as she shifted revealing a scene dancing more vigorously than they had to her human eyes and devoid of the delightful distraction of colour. Talk about obvious... she thought, snorting at the idiocy of the man.

“Oh aye, just sink my baby with your horse body. But lead on, off my boat woman.” He speaks as if I WANTED on his boat in the first place. Pain made her irritable and she was both irritated and over joyed that she couldn't speak her mind. She needed him to get through the streets but she hardly needed his ridiculous conversation, something he didn't seem to be anywhere near finished with.

However, as the Svefra disembarked and extended a helping, if awkward, hand to her she felt a touch of admiration tingle through her whiskers. Despite his surprise, and her own destruction of his property, he is an amicable and helpful man. However, when he positioned himself beside her hind leg, as if to act as a crutch, she snorted irritably nosing the rope that littered the long posts on the edges of the dock. Plunging into the depth of the waves they were heavily sodden and swollen. Decorated with abandoned scraps of rope from boats that had been docked for too long making their ties too sodden to remove they would provide the perfect halter. He can't really expect me to wander through the city without some sort of restraint...none of the other horses here do it...I must blend... She cajoled him in her head, whispering to herself the final words of wisdom and squinting her eyes as they darted from side to side, inspecting the dock for bystanders. It wasn't that she was looking all that hard, the action arose from a childish fancy as if making her way through the streets undetected was a fun game arising form necessity.

Several other horses walked along the docks heavily laden with cargo, worn and weathered halters tightened around their muzzles and cheeks. Nodding at them quickly Jayes head bounced energetically as she mimed. This is ridiculous...trying to communicate with a human as a horse... Despite her frustration though she was not about to surrender her freedom for the ease of communication.

When he had finally caught on and assembled a makeshift halterA unique chance to practice your knot tying skills like you wanted? ;p behind her ears and around her muzzle she moved along the docks at his side gently pulling on the lead when she knew they had to turn either direction. Increasingly glad she had followed Natalia to work so frequently the Kelvic maneuvered her way through the streets with relative ease despite her throbbing leg.

Word Count475

Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Words: 72790
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2014, 12:51 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Previous