[Forest Meridian House] Friendship, jobs, and a spot of tea

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Kiska on October 14th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Kiska frowned, unsure of herself. She had a strong feeling that she was about to miss out on something if she didn't act now, but she couldn't tell exactly what it was that she would miss out on. She sighed to herself, thoughtful. "I think, for now, it would be best if we helped each other accomplish our goals. Or at least if you let me help you with yours. I don't know if there is any way you could help me or not. You see," she said hesitantly. She was about to reveal a large nbit of information about herself to a near total stranger, but sometimes she just had to go with intuition. Something about this girl made it feel necessary for Kiska to tell her what her goal was.

"Once, a long time ago, when I was still living with my family in my father's tents, a fortune teller came to me. He is the reason I'm here now, in Mura. He told me that one would destroy me someday, and that I must stop them before they do. He told me that my thread of hope lies in Mura." Kiska fidgeted in her chair. "I have found no clues of the one who I seek, but so far on significant occurrence has been ... heavy on my mind. You. You're not exactly normal, I'm sure you've realized this by now. My chances of meeting one such as yourself are very slim, and it has been a thought, that maybe you are the thread that I was told of. You see, your reading points to me helping you, and mine to you helping me. I think it has been decided by fate, that we should remain together, for now at least. What do you think?"

Kiska was usually not so open, especially with strangers, but it just felt...right. Logically and intuitively, this woman must be the one to help her. She was still fidgeting slightly in her chair, waiting for a response. Such speeches as the one she had just given had always made Kiska nervous, whether giving or receiving them. Fate was not something to dabble with, nor something to act on lightly.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Words: 74147
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 6:17 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 16th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Ero listened intently to the other woman's tale, and as she realized this was a story of great significance, she drew on the last bit of auristics she felt she could do on this day. With just a small expenditure of effort, she was able to listen and hear that the story Kiska had spoken rang with truth. Ero quickly reverted back to listening normally as soon as the woman finished speaking, but was exhausted nonetheless. She was unused to using her ability so often, and so it took a moment for the significance or what Kiska had said to strike home.

"Wait, someone is trying to kill you? And I am supposed to stop him?" she shook her head, confused. "I understand that many people who I run into feel that I am unique, but there are other Akontak in this world. I am not the only one." she paused, and added, "But it is quite a coincidence." she sat still for a while thinking, and realized something. "So you aren't actually here for the fortune tellers. You were lying earlier." It wasn't so much a question as it was a statement of disappointment. "Well, I'm here for the reason I said, and if you wish to offer me help, I would greatly appreciate it. I cannot say that I will become your bodyguard because of it, but if anyone trys to kill you, it would be my pleasure to take care of them first."
Ero
Uniter

Words: 37129
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 17th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Kiska frowned. "Well, it's not that I haven't come for the fortune tellers as well, I really do like them you know, and libraries. I'm also not sure if this person is meant to kill me or not, just that they are to destroy me. It seems that my purposes in the White Isle lie with you, Ero. I will help you in your cause, if you will help me in mine."

She was kind of upset about being accused of lying, but tried not to show it. "It was a reason I came to Mura, just not a main one. And I'm not like you, I don't tell anyone who asks about my goals and what's happened in the past. It's not something I want everyone to know, I mean, what if this person were actively searching for me. If word got out, then they might be able to find me quicker. That's something I'm trying to avoid. I'm only telling you about my destiny because I think you can help me save myself."

How could Kiska not be upset by this woman's reaction, even if only slightly? She had told her one of her secrets, and she never did that with strangers, and this woman had only called her a liar for it. Kiska would think twice about telling anyone something such as this in the future. She mentally kicked herself. She knew that other people were not so understanding of her and her cause, she knew she shouldn't have let herself slip like that. She sighed and waited for Ero's response.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 19th, 2010, 4:15 am

Ero didn't need her magic or any special skills to tell that her accusation of Kiska lying was distressing to the other woman, and perhaps it had been a little over the line to say so after the woman had spoken such a dear secret.

"Alright, That was wrong of me. You aren't a liar, and I am sorry I jumped to that conclusion. I was just a little shocked that you would have such an epic sounding destiny, and it caught me off guard." Ero reached forward for the other woman's hand and patted it as non-threateningly as she could."I know that's no excuse, but as you noted, I am a little naive in my trust in others. So would you be willing to forgive me for taking your trust and throwing it back in your face?" The more Ero thought about it, the more she realized that she might nearly have alienated the only person ever to take interest in Ero as a person.
Ero
Uniter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 21st, 2010, 3:53 pm

Though Kiska was a little offended that her trust had been denied as it had, she could understand how the other woman must have felt. "I do understand," she told Ero. "I was shocked at first too, but I quickly realized what I must do." Her accent was heavy with the sentence, as if she were remembering a time when she lived with the other Benshira of Eyktol. Mizaharian common wasn't her first language, but she could speak it relatively well without showing an accent. She frowned at hearing herself.

"Do not worry about it, I have trust issues as well, so I understand your problem. I am honest though, or at least mostly. I don't lie anyway, but I don't trust most people with my secrets. I forgive you for calling me a liar, but please don't do it again, unless I deserve it." She wasn't mad, and even her voice said she wasn't mad. "So if you will help me find this person, or at least protect myself from them, then I will help you unite your peoples."

Kiska was running her finger along the edge of the table, waiting for a response. She was fairly sure the Akontak would say yes by this point, as she seemed to really want help in her cause. For Kiska though, help didn't mean so much as following her destiny, and trying to prevent her destruction. She was still unsure as to why anyone would want to destroy her, but had long since stopped questioning it. Thinking too much of such things would only lead her to second guess herself, thinking that maybe the reason the fate had been as it has was because she had been told of it, and only coming to Mura could have caused it. Surely though, staying with her family would have destroyed her much sooner. She made a thoughtful face. Surely it wasn't her family the fortune teller was talking about...and hope of finding a secure place to escape to in Mura. She shook her head lightly, she wouldn't discount the possibility, but she couldn't settle on that while she was unsure. This one could also be Ero, but she didn't think so. Still...she couldn't be sure. She would try to trust this woman until she did something to prove herself untrustworthy, Kiska needed Ero for some reason, a reason that was still a little unclear.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Ero on October 25th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Ero nodded, content that reperations had been made between them. "Like I said, you have been friendly to me when nobody else has in quite some time. Part of friendship is protecting eachother, so I am happy to protect you from this person."

Ero looked over as the waitress swayed in and smiled at them both cheerfully. "Would you two like anything else this evening? maybe some fine disserts? we have quite a selection,"

"I'm full actually," Ero interjected before the woman could go on. She was ready to get out and explore the rest of this island. After checking with Kiska to make sure she was also done, Ero paid her half, and stood to leave.
Ero
Uniter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiska on October 25th, 2010, 11:51 pm

Kiska handed the woman the mizas for her share of the meal and stood up when her friend did, satisfied with the answer Ero had given. She was ready to leave too, and she would have to head off to her first class of the term soon. She liked this woman relatively well, as far as first meetings went.

"Maybe we can do something together tomorrow, I hear there are a lot of interesting places in Mura, and maybe doing things within the Konti society will help you learn more about them," she said, leading the way back through the cafe and to the door.

"I have to be off now though, I've paid for a term of classes at the Opal Temple, and the first day is today," she waved to her new friend as she went her own way, toward the Opal Temple. She smiled to herself, she had never been much of one to make friends, and was glad that she was finally learning how to socialize.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Character sheet

Postby Alice on October 29th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Kiska

Experience: 5 Conversation, 1 Storytelling, 1 Rhetoric
Lores: Experiencing Hospitality, Not Believing in Prejudice, Side Effects of Using Magic, Having One’s Fortune Told, Making a Contract with Ero

Ero

Experience: 2 Conversation, 2 Rhetoric, 3 Auristics, 1 Fortune Telling, 1 Storytelling
Lores: Experiencing Personal Dichotomy, Respecting Privacy, Kiska’s Emotional Melody, Reading Kiska’s Fortune, Consequences of Reading One’s Own Fortune, Apologizing, Making a Contract with Kiska

Comments

Beautiful thread! It is interesting to watch the two slowly develop some kind of trust towards the other one. Especially the part about Ero calling Kiska a liar was a good read.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous