Aislyn's Notebook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Aislyn's Notebook

Postby Aislyn Leavold on December 9th, 2016, 11:50 pm

Fifth of Winter, 516 AV

Entry Twenty

The notice is slipped in between the pages of the journal, secured between a blank page and the entry. The paper is double-sided, the backside of the paper adorned with a list of physical characteristics of the Vantha, as well as a drawing of Morwen's mark.

Greetings Mizaharians!

It has come to our attention that the Goddess Morwen has refused to do her duty this Season and walk forth from Avanthal where she resides to spread winter across the land. This is an insult to us, the rest of the Seasons, and irresponsible to the core. There is no reason, great or small, for a Season to shirk their duty. And this is definitely what has happened.

There will be repercussions.

We have hired an elite group of people to make sure these repercussions happen. We have the support of the other Gods in this endeavor. We will hunt down every follower of Morwen - every single marked member of her 'family' - and call for their death. Yes. We are calling for the outright slaughter of Morwen's children until such a time as Morwen resumes her duty or steps aside.

We prefer that She steps aside and gives her powers over to another.

To this end will will send PRIESTS and PRIESTESSES of our faith to every city in the land. To assure the success of this venture, these followers will be paying a bounty on the bodies of any follower turned into them. A coin payoff of 1,000 Mizas will be the reward.

Without Winter happening, the land becomes seriously damaged. Snow packs don't accumulate so drought is guaranteed in the Spring and Summer of the land. Wildfires will abound. Insects will flood the land unchecked. They will damage crops and forests without mercy. Spring plants will bloom early and often miss the windows of their pollinators. Seeds that depend on winter freeze will not germinate. Animal migrations will be off schedule and some will starve and die. The predator season of plenty will not occur so that predators will be forced to move into population centers to find easier foodstuff and raze these areas.

We will show no Mercy to Morwen or Her followers for this gross derelict of duty. If She refuses to step down, we will be forced to replace her anyhow and we will do it with the strongest display of power we see during this manhunt. No one will be safe. And if someone is caught offering shelter to the Vantha marked by Morwen, such as a city or group, we will turn our wrath on them as well and include them in the bounty. Look for our Priests and Priestesses. Show them respect. Enjoy collecting the bounties they offer.

Lessons must be learned.

Bala, Tavasi & Sivah

I have received this notice through a series of pages, tacked upon a signpost nearing my abode. There were some twenty copies, covering every inch of the wood available to tack. The signpost was not all; they lay upon every street corner, every lantern holder and building front, every door with an open sign hanging from the knob. The notices were posted in great visibility, and great quantity. This message was meant to be seen, and seen by all.
I am conflicted.
It has been three days and nights since the command has been posted, and it seems the number of flyers have only grown. Word spread like fire, burning the tongues of every man, woman, and Alvad. I did not think I knew of these Vantha, but now I'm sure I do. Their description- the drawing of the mark, the changing eyes- I recognize them, now. The shopkeeper with the neat black hair who had sold me clothes, the child with bright pink and golden eyes that had asked me to dance with her dolly. Those are the guilty, the damned children of a damned god.

I believed it to be an illusion, at first. Ionu's tricks, extended towards another god. But then came the Priest. I saw him in the streets, first, preaching will of a strange summer god I knew nothing of. I wouldn't have trusted him, except for the fact that he was marked. Two marks, of Ionu, I knew that. He preached not only of his god, but of mine. It was no accident- he said- what was happening in the city was my deity's will. Ionu had chosen a side, as everyone must. He condemned those that favored the Morwen followers as traitors to Ionu- traitors to Alvadas.
I know now, his words are true. We all must choose a side. Everything he says is true, and I know it, somewhere within me. I suppose I write this in vain. I am conflicted. I feel conflicted. And yet, I know.

I have chosen my side.
Aislyn Leavold
Just an illusion.

Words: 647829
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2016 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Previous