Completed Cross-Fires of The Past

Certain decisions are best pondered about before acting upon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Cross-Fires of The Past

Postby Russell Wood on June 25th, 2014, 12:52 am

1st Day of Summer, 514

Russell felt like celebrating the change of seasons at a nearby bar, it had been a good deal of time since he had last been here, things have been very chaotic around Russell for a while and he had to keep a low-profile of sorts, plus this place was one that he had been avoiding on purpose. But today it seemed as if no-one had really recognized him, his eyes were a little stand-outish at most but the rest of him was very normal, and Russell in general did not like standing out. He was brought out of his thoughts by a bar maid. ”Sorry, what was that?” He asked as he seemed to have missed what she had asked of him.

The woman was a rather tall one standing at nearly 6 foot, she had long blonde hair and brown eyes. Russell took a closer look at her, and noticed a small petite nose and lips that were rather thin. She seemed to familiar but he simply just shrugged it off. ”How could I help you sir?” She seemed rather confident, the way she held herself with a straight back, the small smile on her face and slight squinting of her eyes. Russell had to admit that she seemed to be different from your usual barmaid, she seemed to be rather experienced.

”I’ll just have a mug ale, I’ve got my job to get to after this.” He said calmly, a smile was on his face and he sat back in his chair to look at the barmaid and awaited a reply. ”That’ll be 5 copper miza’s.” Curt and straight to the point, but Russell found something odd with the price. ”Weren’t they 4 copper miza’s previously?” He asked while raising one of his eyebrows. This was rather strange, but hopefully she’d have a good answer.

”Due to high demand and recent losses of wares within other sectors prices have been raised all throughout Ravok, our own price increase pales in comparison to others.” She said that line as if she had gone through many times that day, Russell merely nodded and handed her the required money. No reason to make a fuss about nothing, plus it was merely one cm, it could have been worse.
Last edited by Russell Wood on June 28th, 2014, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russell Wood
Player

Words: 79132
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 11:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cross-Fires of The Past

Postby Russell Wood on June 26th, 2014, 4:15 am

Russell had received his drink merely minutes after having ordered it, although it seemed to be warmer than usual. He had the suspicion before, but had he wronged her in the past? He could always try to find out. Russell drank his ale as fast as he could before heading out of the bar, and left the mug on the table before heading out. He was sure he was over-thinking things, it was merely a warm drink, that’s all. It was summer and the temperature was bound to rise right? That had to be it, he shook his head in myrth; the last dozen weeks have been playing with him a little, yet his love of Ravok had yet to fade. Still, a disturbing rumor had been gaining foothold recently, and he was probably one of the few not in on it.

”You seem to be in deep thought” Russell was once more brought out of his thoughts. He turned around to come face to face with the woman from earlier, the bar-maid. ”I’m Lisa, pleasure to meet you.” She was literally only inches away from his face; he had really let his guard down. She had a smile on her face and Russell was honestly only a little bit away from blushing. ”Urgh..Russell, Russell wood.” He was surprised at his lack of awareness. Were people in Ravok just that much more sneaky? Or had he grown used to be close to people while thinking during his time in Syliras?

”Come’on, take me out for a walk.” She said with a small smile, before clinging to Russell’s arm, if Russell had to be honest, he wasn’t to sure about the close contact. But the fact her assets were being pressed to his side kept his mouth shut. ”I do not see any problems with a walk. Where did you have in mind?” A walk wasn’t a very easy thing to come-by in Ravok. Ravosalamen weren’t around as much either as of recent, well if you looked you could find one, but before you could see one without even looking for them. ”Ohh I don’t know, how about we see where our feet take us.”

Russell found himself being dragged, and began walking. This situation wasn’t one he was used to, he had to concentrate and think about it. But not too deeply ‘lest he be caught out once more. Did she have a hidden agenda?Well there were always ways to find out, he had a rather great weapon with him. ”He seems like a great guy.” he weaved a small suggestion as he talked. ”It’s a rather nice day today, not too hot, nor is it too cold. I could get used to this.” He said with a small smile on his face, what was with this woman that put him on edge?
Russell Wood
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cross-Fires of The Past

Postby Russell Wood on June 28th, 2014, 6:32 am

Russell found that having someone clinging to your arm wasn’t exactly a comfortable thing. Well for him anyway. Any movement of your arm became impossible, and being someone who liked to constantly stay on the safe side of things...Well the current situation wasn’t one that he liked all that much. Given his feelings on his personal space, Russell felt as if it was time to do something, but he would be subtle, and actually use his brain to think with this time...If that was possible. Russell began to speak, and weaved a suggestion as he was doing so. ” What suddenly made you decide to stick to me?”

Russell felt he could have worded that better, but his suggestion was rather well placed if he thought so himself. ”Maybe I should let go.”. He didn’t feel like stopping there, even if it was a bit of a push, he weaved an emotional response of shame. All three together worked for Russell, just as he had hoped. For Lisa had let go of him, but he had just opened up a can of worms, dire worms to be precise. ”Is there a problem with me holding your arm?” She crossed her arms and raised one of her eyebrows at him. Russell felt that answering wrong here could end badly, plus offending her would cause any chances of finding out why she had talked to him null and void.

”No there is none, but I had just finished working, so there is so-” Russell was cut off that moment. ”Didn’t you say earlier that you had to go to work?If you don’t want me “sticking” to you just say so, I’m leaving.” She had chosen that moment to walk off without even giving Russell a second look. The said man just stood there dumbfounded and stood there thinking… What the hell had he even done? Surely he had lied, but sticking to a stranger couldn’t be a good idea right? Well, he’d maybe find out at another point in time. Right now he had to deal with this headache that was building...Trying to quick-fire hypnotism wasn’t such a bright idea after all….
Russell Wood
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cross-Fires of The Past

Postby Abstract on July 8th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Grade Awarded!

Russell