Spirit Animal(Discussion for the mind)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Skylar Draykin on July 5th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Hi. So I've always believed in spirit animals. You know, animals you have some sort of connection with? I don't mean animals you wish you were like or had as a pet. I mean, deeply believe you have a spiritual connection with? I always wanted to get other opinions about it but never really had anywhere to talk about, so hopefully others have the same mindset.

Recently, I listened to a video on youtube where the narrator takes you on a journey i guess you'd call it. There's no way I can get into detail about what he says because its too much. If anyone had any interest in the video, Ill post a link or something. The narration gets pretty deep into the mind, taking you to your own little sanctuary I guess, in your minds third eye. You end up on top of a mountain with a ball of light(its a ddifferent color for some people. I had three: redd yellow and blue) one is supposed to choose you or you it or whichever one you're drawn to. I was drawn to my blue one. each is supposed to represent a quality or something like that. I still don't know wgat mine represents yet. Eventually float to the top of the mountain and the light is transformed into your power animal(also known as spirit animal and totem animal). Or animals I guess. Some people see more than one. Mine became a white rhino and also a monkey I couldn't quite focus on because sge kept moving around. You are able to ask the names of and ageof them. The Rhinos name was corey and he was 400 years old. The monkey was Babs and she was 43.Part of the reason I believe in this video is because I have been so preoccupied with tge animals goats, wolves, and bears that you would think that's what I would imagine. But then I saw a rhino which was completely random. And the years are really weird too. So I do believe in it.

Do you know what your spirit animal is? If so, what is it and how did you find them? If not would you want the video link? I really just want to talk to people who believe and have these experiences. I think it would be good to go deeper within the mind.

EDIT
Here is the link to the video.
Last edited by Skylar Draykin on July 10th, 2014, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apologies for the lomg wait everyone I am rping with! Going through a very rough patch. Will reply very soon though! PM if you have aby questions or concerns and I will get back to you as I'm planning on being on here at least once a day from now on
Skylar Draykin
Toujour Pur

Words: 44017
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Calters on July 10th, 2014, 1:25 am

I have thought many times about Spirit Animals as such things interest me deeply. I don't know what mine is but I always used to think it was a tiger, simply because that was the animal I loved.

Although I understand it isn't the same, I own a set of rune stones and a set of tarot cards. I highly believe- not that they have some supernatural power- but that our brains are able to open their subconscious and tell us what we need to know through these things.

I would love the link to the video as I have a hard time trusting many of them. This one, however, sounds good and intelligent.
Tukant-Kontinese-Common-Thoughts-Singing
Calters
When music hits you, you don't feel the pain

Words: 88993
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 10th, 2014, 3:39 am

I believe that spirit guides in the form of animals are absolutely real. I've seen them, had spirit guides from other people bug the heck out of me until I've passed on messages, and when I was in college I used to sketch people's guides for them. Sometimes I'd get animals I didn't know or have any experience with in my sketches and folks would recognize them immediately. The sketching technique was a lot like automatic writing. I never watched myself draw.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Skylar Draykin on July 10th, 2014, 11:59 am

Alright Calters, I put the link I'm the first post. I'm always nervous stuff like this won't work which probably doesn't help. But if you can relax yourself enough and imagine what he says, its pretty straight forward. I've done the video twice so far. The first time is when I met Corey (odd to me how easy it is to just call them by their names.) He didn't say much, but that might have been because my brain became all fuzzy trying to speak to him. I saw a monkey keep jumping on him but didn't actually meet her till the second time. I'm not sure if Babs is actually my spirit guide but she won't sit still very long, which is something I have a habit of. Don't go into this with an animal already in mind. Try to keep your head clear. I kept thinking the goat would be my guide because I somehow adopted it as my animal (the way people adopt wolves and other sort of genaric animals) I'm not saying it won't be any of those animals, but it might suprise you. I never imagined a rhino as my guide but it sort of seems right. I once had a necklace I got when I was younger (from where, I couldn't tell you. It was just one of those cheap ones) the charm was a rock carved into a rhino. I held onto that thing for the longest time until it got lost in a move. I'm was kind of sad about it but didn't really know why. It sort of seems fitting. One of the meanings behind the rhino is "Everything is not as it seems". It fits me, not because I am not what I seem, but because I'm not usually the first to judge. Sure I'm human so I will judge, but the older I get the more I think about the other person and when I do judge pretty harshly, I get this horrible gut feeling that its wrong.

That's pretty cool, Gossamer. Do you ever post the pictures? If so, Id love to see them. Iv got a couple questions for you. What's the most intersting animal you've seen? Whats your animal? And also, some people believe that your guide will change with the events in your life. What do you think about that? I sort of feel (or maybe just want to beleive) that each person has their own guide for life. Like I said before, I am now uncertain if Babs is mine or someone elses, but I KNOW Corey is mine. I just think that if you have a guide who is supposed to know you on a deep level, that they stick with you throughout life.
Apologies for the lomg wait everyone I am rping with! Going through a very rough patch. Will reply very soon though! PM if you have aby questions or concerns and I will get back to you as I'm planning on being on here at least once a day from now on
Skylar Draykin
Toujour Pur

Words: 44017
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Calters on July 10th, 2014, 7:32 pm

I must say, that was one of the best decision I have ever made to try that. It was gorgeous beyond words, and wonderfully comforting. As you said, I tried to go in with an open mind and I came out not surprised, but fascinated by what I had seen.

I saw two clear circles, one a light foggy grey and one a thick, strong indigo. There was a third golden/brown circle, but it was flickering and unclear. The grey circle seemed to accept me, so that was what I went to.

At the top of the mountain, I met two animals. One was a female Tasmanian Tiger. I have only seen such an animal once, in a picture book, since these are now extinct. I asked how old she was, but she would only tell me that she was "older than the ages". When asked her name, she laughed and responded that her name was too ancient and complex for words, but that I could call her Fire as that was what she would provide for me.

The second was a miniscule frog. He was yellow, and stayed to the back left of Fire. He refused to speak to me, and only came within a few feet while the other came all the way up to me.

Only Fire gave me a gift. She gave me a round lump of amber which had a symbol burned into it. I don't know the symbol from anywhere, but she said it would help me release my own inner fire and give me the strength and courage I needed to continue.
Tukant-Kontinese-Common-Thoughts-Singing
Calters
When music hits you, you don't feel the pain

Words: 88993
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby zohaa on October 17th, 2014, 8:27 am

Wow! Lucky you
Sign up with Florida National University for getting incredible online 500-254 practice dump - pass4sure courses exam and University of Toronto. We also provide best Youtube and The Athenaeum of Ohio with guaranteed success.
zohaa
Player

Words: 6
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2014, 8:25 am
Race: Ghost