PM to join The Twinkle of Curiosity (Lynx)

Natsu Nendo witnesses a strange transformation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Twinkle of Curiosity (Lynx)

Postby Natsu Nendo on July 6th, 2014, 5:35 am

Dusk of The 13th Day of Summer, 514 A.V.
The day had been been long and exhausting for Natsu Nendo. Over the course of the chimes and bells, the Pycon had scampered across most of Riverfall, searching through his hiding spaces for a single button. A token which had inscribed upon it the symbol of the leader of his Pyve... or rather of what had been his Pyve. It was strang how often Natsu found himself on the stone walls of Semele Park, but it seemed to be a place of comfort for the clay figure, and incidentally where he finally found what he had been looking for.

The Pycon sat on the ledge, overlooking the quiet and secluded area which had been abandoned by the locals for preference of their warm houses. It was not that the mouse-like figure did not have a place to go, in fact he had many. It was on this night that Natsu only had one place he wished to be, and it was home. Although his mind told him the very notion was foolish, his wings fluttered delicately in the cool night air as he clutched the button to his small chest.

He was very much oblivious to the world on this night, and it felt very much to the Pycon that the world was oblivious to him as well.

Last edited by Natsu Nendo on July 18th, 2014, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish to see the world, yes that much is true. It is also true that one such as myself will have a much better view on the shoulder of a close friend
--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu's Common Natsu's Thoughts NPC/other
Natsu Nendo
Small in size, big in heart!

Words: 35514
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Lynx on July 11th, 2014, 10:44 am

Lynx had all but finished for the day and she had opted to take a simple walk through a park, Semele Park if she was precise. There was just a beauty within the scattered flowers that looked like gems that appealed to the Ethaefal, gems that just continued to bloom with no hesitation. Her booted feet carried her along the stone pathway, her white dress caressing the face of the stones underneath. Her dress was slightly longer, for the simple fact being for when the shift between her Konti and Ethaefal form happened, she wouldn't have a shorter hemline for when she shifted into her Ethaefal form. Her footsteps were taking the woman directly towards the center of the park, she liked how when Syna fell and Leth ruled the night. His reflection could be seen crystal clear in the surface of the water, almost as if it was a looking glass.

It was mostly a quiet place for when she came to sit quietly and bathe in Leth's soft gentle touch. It was where she spent most of her nightly hours, when she wasn't studying the constellations that surrounded the god of the moon or doing her job of copying the library books from the Valkalah Library. However, tonight would be spent within the gentle light of Leth, she didn't allocate time for such things, she just did them whenever she felt it was needed to be done. As she approached the freshwater lake, she lifted a hand to swipe her white hair from her pale features and her icy blue eyes, her gaze flickering over towards the nearest bench, where soon she would seat herself so then she could do some meditation. Maybe, she might just seat herself upon the grass by the lake and meditate there.

Lifting her chin, her gaze drifted towards the sky as Syna began to give way to Leth's reign on the sky. The pale blue fading away to the dark, rich navy blue of night, the sun giving off a last burst of colours in red, yellow and peach, dappling the lake's surface like a soft powder would as it gently fell to cover a smooth surface. It kind of reminded her of snow really, she thought as Syna finally dipped from the horizon and gave way to Leth. A pure white light illuminated her form and her eyes slid closed as she grew to a height of 5'10. Her horns sprung from her temples, deep green in colour and then curved backwards, only the tips curved slightly upwards. They were thin, elegant and looked as if they had been cut and shaped from glass. Her white hair, began to darken until it was black and as the pure light disappeared, her skin held a subtle sheen of moon tints. Finally, her gaze slowly opened and revealed violet hues, rather than the icy blue that they once were and her form seemed to visibly relax. She was finally free of the earthbound form that she barely had any memories of.

OOCI'm sorry it took so long to get this post up, I have been dealing with personal issues. FYI: I think that it would be super cute if Natsu became like a little companion for Lynx. xD

The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Lynx
The Mind is a Powerful Thing

Words: 70657
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 10:41 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Natsu Nendo on July 17th, 2014, 7:27 am

It was as the night fell that the small clay figure realized he was not alone anymore, and in his startled state the button to which he had clung so clearly clattered to the cobblestones below the wall on which he had been perched. It bounced aling the ground and came to rest at the feet of a woman, a Konti judging by the gills, but she seemed as oblivious to it as he had been of her.

Natsu watched the being for a few moments, debating whether to run and grab the button or stay where he was, but a sudden blinding light ceased his thinking. When the light had faded once more, the female stood tall, but she was not the same it seemed. The Pycon noted the disappearance of the gills, the materialization of a set of horns, and most notably to the small creature, her eyes. Like the Vantha which the clay figure had met before, the color had changed, but the mood of this creature seemed not to be the source of this change.

Fear was not what finally forced the creature to gently inch forward, but rather a spark of curiosity, lit by a blinding light and a woman.
Can other creatures change form at will? I've never heard of it before, let alone seen such a magnificent thing... His eyes roamed the girl, taking in every detail, every curve, every aspect and comparing it to the glimpse he had gotten of the Konti before.
Last edited by Natsu Nendo on July 18th, 2014, 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I wish to see the world, yes that much is true. It is also true that one such as myself will have a much better view on the shoulder of a close friend
--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu Nendo

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Lynx on July 18th, 2014, 12:53 pm

A sigh of what seemed like content, fell upon the Ethaefal's lips as she lifted a hand to view the back of it. The scales of her Konti form, were no longer there and a simple smile curved her lips. Although it wasn't for long, as those violet hues caught the sight of a button by her booted right foot and slowly, she moved to kneel upon the soft earth and she reached out a hand to pick up this button, her gaze taking in the inscribed symbol upon its side. A symbol that she did not recognize. The Ethaefal would then sit down before the lake, holding this prized little button within her fingers. It had to be something that meant something to someone, for it was not uncommon to see symbols of gods and houses inscribed upon surfaces. Lynx wore a silver bracelet around her wrist which had a small little charm on the end, shaped like a crescent moon, it was her constant reminder of the god that sent her back to these lands, why? She had yet to still figure out. However, this symbol upon the back of the little button, was most definitely one that she did not recognize.

It was then that she began to wonder as to where it had come from, for Lynx was fairly sure that it had not been nearby before she had undergone the shift between forms. She then lifted her gaze, to view the surrounding area, not sighting a single being, but she was certain that it had most definitely not been there before she arrived and so she cast a second look, her gaze settling upon the small little figure that seemed to be inching closer to the woman. It was... Smaller than she thought that any living being could possibly be. Well, it appeared to be a little mouse and with the way that Leth's light fell upon it, made it out to be just a little dark mouse with little tiny wings, moving closer towards her. Only one thought was just going through the woman's mind at that point. It's just so small and cute... The Ethaefal had to resist the urge to reach out and gently pat the little mouse with a finger upon its small little head and those ears!

Her gaze drifted to the little button that she still held within her fingers and it then clicked. Perhaps this little creature had dropped the button and was only trying to get it back? It would explain why there was a symbol inscribed into the surface, but if it was the little creature's button, then how would a creature know what the symbol meant? Could it talk maybe? A frown creased her features as she glanced back at the little mouse creature and held out the button towards it, "Is this by any chance yours?" She questioned the little beast, in hopes that maybe that it could talk. She would be thrilled if it was more than just a creature, for it would be another race that she had encountered, she found these encounters somewhat amusing and very informative.

The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Lynx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Natsu Nendo on August 3rd, 2014, 1:57 am

The small mouse-like figure froze as he realized that he had subconsciously been moving closer to the figure before him. As Natsu took a deep breath, he smelled the fresh winds of the night, a cool rush of the senses as he spoke "Yes... yes that is mine" his voice was softer than normal, and his eyes did not shine with the fear he usually felt when meeting a new creature. For some odd reason, he felt at ease, relaxed around this being he dared to feel as some kind of kin. In all his years, he had not witnessed such a transformation outside of his own kind, but this made him question what he had dared to believe, that it was only Pycons who could change form.

He stepped very slowly towards the woman and grasped the edge of the button gently, his eyes twinkling softly in the shine of the moon above as he gave a small bow "Natsu Nendo is what I am called, a clay being by name and an adventurer of sorts by nature" It was in this park that the Pycon's mind began to drift from thoughts of home. His ears twitched as he gazed upon the violet hues which colored the woman's eyes, and he bowed his head slightly, hugging the button to his chest and smiling "thank you for its safe return, it means more to me than the stars in the sky... you may pet me if you like" he added at the end, remembering that the other beings he met seemed to have a certain want to do so, and he had come not to mind in the slightest.
Last edited by Natsu Nendo on August 5th, 2014, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu Nendo

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Lynx on August 5th, 2014, 3:02 am

She heard the little being begin to talk and she couldn’t help but blink. It talked? It was shaped like a little animal, a little mouse with wings and it talked. That.. That… The ethaefal tried to gather her thoughts as she shook her head in wonder. Things were most definitely not what they seem, she expected a nod or something, not actual words coming from its mouth. Well, she didn’t have memories of her previous life, not full and complete ones at least, so even if she had experienced a talking animal before, she didn’t remember and so, this whole experience was all new to her, well, as far as she knew anyway. As the little mouse stepped forwards to take the button into her small little hands, she watched as it bowed and began to speak of his name. Once given permission to pet it, she let go of the button and lifted her hand to gently touch the being on the head. It felt like… clay really, not like fur at all. Her head angled to the side as she pondered about this for a moment, her violet hues watching the little being with open interest.

"My name is Lynx, just Lynx. It’s nice to meet you Natsu Nendo.” A gentle smile curved her lips as she continued to pat Natsu upon the head. ”You don’t feel like that you have fur at all, it’s quite fascinating really.” She shook her head again as she pulled her hand away from him only to rest it upon the grass underneath their forms. ”I hope you don’t mind if I ask, but I feel that curiousity has gotten the best of me, what race are you? I mean, you look like an animal, but you have a set of wings and you don’t exactly have fur. It’s not something that I have seen before, well, that I know of anyway.” Her gaze flickered over the small little form as if it would give her some kind of clues. Maybe she had read something about this one’s race? It was highly un-likely for she didn’t read much about races, for her attention was directed mostly towards the constellations that surrounded Leth in the night sky. Another thought occurred to her, that if this little being was a true animal, wouldn’t it be asleep by now like a lot of the animals?

Common | Kontinese | Thoughts
The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Lynx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets