Open The Big Catch Competition [Red Diamond Tavern]

Braeth has always been a fan of making up grand stories, and even more out telling others' tales.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Big Catch Competition [Red Diamond Tavern]

Postby Braeth Frostfawn on July 12th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Day 30 of Summer, AV 514
The Red Diamond Tavern
Open to all!

A small group of Vantha (and a foreigner dressed heavily in furs and sitting quite a bit closer to the roaring flame) gathered around the fireplace with mugs in hand and chuckled hardily at each other as they took turns telling bigger and more fabricated tales. It was a custom to many to come and listen to these great stories, some true, some false, some a wonderful and entertaining blend of the two. Braeth, himself, was one that had always come as a boy with his father to listen to tales. His father was always one of the better spokesmen, but as of lately he's been hard to get out of the Hold.

Braeth approached the group and set down two gallons of ale, obviously to share, and a single mug for himself, since they all already had their own. He took himself a seat, handed one of the men a gallon so that he could top off his cup and share with those near him. He poured himself a drink before diving into the story already being told.

"... took him arm clean off! [chortle] I tell you this is true too. The blue man, missin' him arm like, stood back up and picked up that petching giant of a sword in his other hand, and I swear on my life, began to swing it like it was a knife! This thing was no man of any kind I tell you, he was a monster! Rage practically poured from his eyes and melted all of Taldera. I thought for certain he was going to cleave Yurn right in two then finish me off right there. [pause to drink]

Nay though, Yurn was a good Jamoura he was, strong too. I mean, they're all strong, but this one, this one was Strong. The blue hulking monstrosity swung with such force that I was certain it could split a tree with ease, like a knife through water. Yurn just grabbed the man though, and I guess he didn't learn the first time, because I promise you, he tore the Akalak's other arm clean off as the first! [round of chuckles and hollering]

The best part! The best part of it all was that the blue man fell, reasonable so, dead. Yurn turned and looked to me, still holding that thing's arm, and pointed it at me. Mind you, I'm bleed from the guts still, feeling faint I am. [stands up and reveals his stomach, where a large and hideous scar rested] And he tells me. He tells me this. 'You look like you need a hand!' [explosions of laughter] I don't think the petcher even realized what he said! I couldn't help from giving a laugh even as I was dying there!"

The group laughed and poked at the man talking. That story seemed insane, but to be honest, every one of them had heard much more fabricated tales, and this one even had a scar to 'prove' his tale. Regardless, it was a damned good time. They all dove into their mugs to drink, then exchange a few words, Braeth introduces himself and they all greeted him kindly. Then, it quieted down a moment. The unasked question was lingering.

Who's next?

-4 sm: two gallons of ale
Braeth Frostfawn
A True Free Spirit

Words: 16929
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 4:22 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Big Catch Competition [Red Diamond Tavern]

Postby James Raven on August 17th, 2014, 6:19 pm

James entered the tavern for the first time in 10 months. He walked to the bartender and asked for a mug of ale, he paid the bartender then sat listening to the stories being spun. He smiled at the memories of his life as a young child. Then when it went silent he stood and walked to the group of men and stood behind them and said in his usual soft, sultry voice.
"I have a tale for you"
James watched the men waiting for permission to enter the group and talk.
James Raven
Player

Words: 3203
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2014, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic