[Unverified] Heroe (WIP)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Heroe (WIP)

Postby Heroe on July 26th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Heroe

Appearance

Race: Ethaefal/Akalak
Birthday: 3, Summer, 508
Birthplace: Near Nyka

Appearance:

Character Concept

Heroe is the embodiment of every Hero who's not an antihero or one of those weird Hero's that have slightly different values or are slightly realistic/utilitarian in their mindsets. He will try to save them all. He will probably be killed. If he can save just one life doing it, he'll die with a smile.

Character History

The First Night :
This is a copy of my Approved Inavalti Gnosis Request that takes place on the first day and night of Heroe's life as an Ethaefal.

Timestamp: 3rd of Summer, 508 AV

The feeling of suddenly being somewhere one shouldn't be is a very curious thing. It is quite unlike any feeling you will ever have especially when the place you find yourself in is very different from where you were before. The subject to which I refer opened his mouth to proclaim such a thing but quite suddenly found it full of water. He chocked and coughed and looked all around him in a panic. He recognised something above him. A light, a familiar thing. He struggled wiggling and worming slowly gaining altitude until finally in one elegant splash he broke the surface of the water and gained a glimpse of the radiant light of syna's rays.

But what was it doing up there? And what was he doing down he- His thought was cut off as he went under again. Unfortunately he had forgotten to close his mouth again and got a mouthful of salty water for his trouble. He wiggled and wormed his way upwards again. It was a little easier this time. When his head broke the surface of the water he was a little bit more focused. He had to find not-water. A place that he could stand on. Yes, land. It was land! But where?

Wiggling his arms and legs to keep himself in something of a floating position he looked out and around. He spotted land not too far away and started to make an awkward kind of doggy paddle toward it. The exercise was strenuous (probably because he was doing it wrong) but he paddled his very hardest and eventually made it onto a nice sandy beach where he fell horns first into the sand and fell asleep.

A howl awoke him. He sat suddenly upright in the sand. He crouched down low to the ground. Something about this pose was familiar to him. He looked all around. He couldn't see any creatures but he was sure he had heard the howl of a wolf. He could picture the predator in his mind. Large, furry and lean stalking him in the darkness. Hunting with their brothers for the good of the pack. This stirred old, broken memories of similar times he had with his brothers. Brothers of Riverfall, Akalak brothers.

It was then he realised as he looked down at his body that his skin was no longer an iridescent shade of marble. He felt along his head for horns he knew to be gone. He had lost it all. He had fallen from grace. He had been stripped of his immortal form. He was blue; he was akalak; he was mortal. It all struck him in a silent moment of intense pain. His body tensed curling itself up into a ball and tears flooded from his eyeballs. He said nothing. He simply cried.

Some time later he heard another howl. This time it sounded almost in anguish. Before he knew what he was doing he was standing again crouched low. Lids closed across his eyes instinctively as he peered into the darkness. The world became a myriads of blues and purples and reds and oranges. Mostly all was cold. He picked up a heavy stone in one hand and stalked into the jungle. He heard the same howl again a few moments later and he began to move in the direction he thought he heard it from. Every time he thought about giving up the search he would hear the howl again.

Eventually he came to a clearing in the woods. There were two wolves and one seemed quite badly injured. They appeared to be fighting. Over what he could not tell. He was no wolf and had no wolf mind to contemplate what reasons wolves had to fight each other. The injured wolf was pretty much backed against a tree and was bleeding from several wounds on it's body and leg. They appeared to be bite and claw marks but he couldn't be sure. The uninjured wolf was snarling viciously at it's foe and kind of half-encircling it.

As he watched a breeze blew past him and both wolves suddenly stiffened. He realised almost instantly that they had caught whiff of their silent observer. There was only one option he saw fit now. He charged out of the bush at the uninjured wolf raising his rock and trying to club the wolf in the head with it. The wolf moved out of the way and snapped at him barely missing his thighs or perhaps it was merely a warning snap. He didn't know.

He did the only thing he could think of at this point he dropped into a low crouch with his hands out in front of him in a sort of guard. He began to circle the wolf trying his best to keep out of direct striking range. Every now and again the wolf would kind of step forward as if it were about to strike only to move back again just as quick. His enemy was clever and persistent. He'd lost track of the injured wolf. It had probably ran away or something.

Suddenly he charged the wolf again but found his foot stumbling in a tree root and instead he went charging into the wolf dropping his stone. The wolf hadn't been expecting a body slam much either so it was taken off guard and they both fell tangled onto the ground. He tried to roll away or on top of the wolf but it kept gnashing and trying to slash him with it's claws. It was all he could do to keep it from ripping out his throat. At one moment he was holding the wolf by the neck mostly trying to push it's head away from him but at the same time trying to actually asphyxiate it. He saw out of the corner of his eye a cold object. It was unclear in infravision so he let his infravision eyelids slide open allowing him to see with his normal eyes. There, under Leth's rays was the rock. He couldn't believe it. If he could just grab it he would be able to bash the wolf's head in. However if he let just one arm off of the wolfs neck it would overpower him. Soon his strength would fail him anyway. He had to take the chance.

As he decided on this course of action fate lent another hand to him. The wolf suddenly squealed and turned it's head to the side. He took not a single moments pause in grasping the rock and swing it around into the side of the wolf's head in a mighty blow. Stunned by the blow the wolf was ead weight for a moment and he took advantage of this by twisting his body around and pinning him to the ground. He didn't even pause as he brought the back for a second blow and a third blow and a- He stood and backed away from the wolf. As it got up he growled and gnashed at it as it had done to him earlier. The badly beaten wolf scampered off into the forest. Any intelligent animal knew to run from a fight when it was clearly beaten. He wasn't even sure if it would recover from this. He breathed deeply dropping to his knees He wasn't even sure if he would recover from this. He'd sustained a lot of cuts but thankfully he didn’t seem to have any major injuries.

After a few moments he looked around. He spotted there lying against the tree the injured wolf and he had a sudden realisation. “It was you, poor wolf. It was you who helped me in my time of need and distracted that awful creature.” He crawled over to the best still a bit too weak to stand. “I owe you my life.” The wolf looked up at him for a breahte moment before it's head fell onto the ground. “Wolf?”He asked knowing already no answer would be forthcoming. The wolf was still. He buried his face in it's bloody fur and he cried again for the second time that night.

Then he felt something push against his legs. A cold, little nose. He opened his eyes (which had been squeezed shut in anguish) and looked down. It was a little wolf pup covered in shaggy grey fur. He felt a second wave of emotional pain about to hit at the very though t of a poor orphaned wolf child but instead he sat back onto the ground. He picked the little creature up and did the one thing he could think of to comfort it. He gave it a big hug. After a while he pulled it out of his embrace and looked it square in it's cute, little face. “I'm sorry. I could not save your mother. She saved me and I couldn't save her... But I can save you. I can raise you up to be a strong wolf. I'll repay her by doing that. You see, little one? I must repay your mother so I will love you as if you were my own little child.” He hugged the creature again. “Truth is I don't have any parents either. At least I don't think so. I did have somebody though. She was beautiful and radient. All encompassing and warm. She was like a mother to me but I think even she has abandoned me now.”

I have not abandoned you.” He suddenly felt bathed in warmth. He opened his eyes to see the first rays of syna's warmth were peaking out from the darkness. However he particularly was bathed in a strange, warm glow. He was changing. His skin was becoming pale again and he knew that horns were growing out of his head. As he looked up he suddenly saw the Goddess herself before him in all of her dazzling beauty. He was lost for words and filled joy to be in her company again.

One night in the dark forests of this world and already you have risked your life to save a beast in distress and promised to care for her child now that she no longer can. You have not changed, little hero.” She looked down on him with such benevolence and warmth it was difficult not to feel completely and utterly appreciated. “I bestow upon you this gift that if you ever feel you have changed you may find yourself again in my light.” A hand lay upon his head and he felt for a moment complete as a surge of brilliant light filled his vision. When next he could see she was gone and he was sitting there in the new dawn holding the little wolf puppy.

“Hero, Herrrro, Heroe (He-row).”He said to himself. He liked that last one. It would make a fine name.

He stood tucking the wriggling little puppy under one arm. He felt suddenly purposeful. He had a job of some kind to do whether it was simply to spread the grace of Syna wherever he might go or a task for a hero he did not know. He did know that he would never let this world change him and that he would not stop trying to change the world...

It took Heroe a fortunately short amount of time to arrive in Sunberth. Once there, he began to acclimatize to mortal life. Unfortunately, he found it hard to stand by and watch as people were exploited and hurt by the gangs of that foul city. He found a man of good heart who taught him how to hunt and stand up for the weak in other ways.

It did not last and when the dust settled, Heroe left the city for the only home he had once known.

Please Note: I hope to roleplay out the events that occured in Sunberth with Flashback threads. This history may be subject to some change before I fulfill my 50 posts.
Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Tukant
Poor Language: Pavi

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Weapon: Shortbow 5 SP 5 Novice
Unarmed Combat 10 SP 10 Novice
Hunting 4 SP 4 Novice
Wilderness Survival (Forest) 5 SP 5 Novice
Animal Husbandry: Wolf 5 SP 5 Novice
Meditation 5 SP 5 Novice