Journey in the Northern Reaches

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Shoku on October 7th, 2010, 2:42 am

A bright gleaming sun beamed down through openings in the trees and made the young Akalak throw his arm up in an attempt to shield his eyes from the otherwise blinding light. As he moved forward in the wide expanse of forest, the trees and it's leaves higher up in the sky gave him more protection from the light until there were only few patches of sunlight scattered around. The grassy ground under Shoku's feet crunched as he stepped on leaves and small twigs that had been discarded by the tall trees. Shoku took a quick rest at one of the sturdier trees and leaned against it, taking out his waterskin and taking a quick drink, before placing it back in his pack and continuing with his walk.

His pale gold eyes observed everything in his sight, leaving nothing unnoticed, especially since anything could happen and he wouldn't want to be caught off guard. Even though he was still deathly alert, his mind began to wander to his kelvic. He wondered where she had disappeared to, for she was usually always with him, especially when he decided it was time to move to new locations. The Akalak's first thoughts were that she went hunting, but knowing the younger fox kelvic, he couldn't be entirely certain. Was she following him and just trying to deceive him? Only time will tell, Shoku told himself, throwing the thought forcefully out of his head and continuing on the path in front of him.
Shoku
Player

Words: 2233
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2009, 8:02 pm
Race: Akalak

Postby Dark Serenade on October 8th, 2010, 2:55 am

she walked through the night like it was one of her oldest friends. and as she walked, she listened to the things around her. Dark heard the sound of footfalls and made her way toward it, knowing from shear connectedness who they belonged to. she snuck up behind him and covered his eyes with her hands.
Last edited by Dark Serenade on October 10th, 2010, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Serenade
Player

Words: 1140
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2010, 12:21 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Shoku on October 10th, 2010, 1:32 am

Shoku was now sluggish and heavily discouraged. It seemed that he had wasted an entire day of sunlight going around in circles in an attempt to find a city or somewhere he could go to use the 100 gold mizas he had stolen before he ran away from home. Finally stopping, Shoku breathed heavily. He was ready to just fall and lay there for the rest of his life, or so he told himself. "I wonder if she's okay", he said to no one in particular. As if the thought of her was enough, he felt a pair of, soft, small hands cover his eyes. A smile slowly crept upon his face and in one swift movement, the young Akalak flipped her over him and made her land in his arms. "Hey there, where have you been all day?"
Shoku
Player

Postby Dark Serenade on October 10th, 2010, 2:45 am

" do you really want to know?" she asked. "i was looking for you." she gave him a long slow kiss. "you really scared me. don't run off again, please master? oh yeah! i almost forgot. while running after you all day," she took a bag from her belt and shook it sending the smell of fresh bread toward him, " i found us some food." she smiled.
Last edited by Dark Serenade on October 10th, 2010, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Serenade
Player

Postby Shoku on October 10th, 2010, 2:53 am

Shoku smiled and held her tighter in his arms when they both kissed. He felt a pang of desire after the kiss was over, but it quickly faded. He let her down and his arms gently wrapped around her waist so he could hug her to him. "I promise I won't run off again, I would hate to have you away from my side." As the words escaped his lips, he thought of how different he was from the rest of his race, love was supposedly a tragedy, but he found it quite a joy and wouldn't have it any other way. When the mouthwatering smell of bread hit his nose, instead of a smile, a sort of scowl appeared on his face. "I'm pretty sure no animal around here is made of bread. Stealing is bad, and you know it." After a moment of staring at her with that reprimanding scowl, his gaze softened and he leaned in to kiss her again.
Shoku
Player

Postby Dark Serenade on October 10th, 2010, 3:00 am

Dark laughed as he kissed her again. "your one to talk." she said patting the money bag on his side. " who do you think i learned it from? but if it makes you feel any better i hid a coin in another loaf of bread. if he finds it great if he doesn't oh well."
Last edited by Dark Serenade on October 10th, 2010, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Serenade
Player

Postby Shoku on October 10th, 2010, 3:05 am

Shoku's midnight blue skin turned slightly darker as embarrassment caused his skin to turn to a darker shade. "Just because I do something doesn't mean you should. But atleast you did the right thing to leave a coin." He squeezed her one last time before releasing her from his powerful arms. Suddenly feeling rejuvenated at having his kelvic partner with him, he started walking again making sure he didn't leave her behind. "So did anything interesting happen besides you stealing?" Shoku asked with a hint of sarcasm behind his words.
Shoku
Player

Postby Dark Serenade on October 10th, 2010, 8:17 pm

"thank you for your approval, master." She bent a little to go under a low branch. "are you hungry? perhaps we should eat right now?" she suggested taking his hand. "but then, maybe we should have some meat to go with it."
Dark Serenade
Player

Postby Shoku on October 11th, 2010, 12:25 am

"We can eat now if you want, I could careless." Shoku said nonchalantly, resting against an oak tree and sliding down to the grassy forest floor.
Shoku
Player

Postby Dark Serenade on October 11th, 2010, 12:33 am

she sat down beside him and stuffed a piece of bread into his mouth. "so there." she said in a fake pout. she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. she was about to settle into a carefree meal when something made her jerk upright and at attention. she slowly stood and reached for the bow strung over her shoulder.
Dark Serenade
Player

Next