[Verified by Nightmare] Jovhel

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jovhel

Postby Jovhel on August 5th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Jovhel, of the Sons of Havid

Appearance

Race: Benshira
Birthday: 84th of Autumn, 497 AV
Birthplace: The Keerdash Groves

Appearance: Jovhel is a teenager and looks like one. He is 5'7" and a thin, yet fit 128 pounds. His toffee skin is accented by his dark brown mohawk. His facial features include prominent cheek bones and a healthy complexion however, the feature that immediately draws the attention of most are Jovhel's shocking green eyes.

Character Concept

Personality: Jovhel would be known by those who truly understand him as a "Chaotic Good" or those who had schooling in psychology and human behavior as an "Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging" individual.

Others would just comment on his fierce independence and free-spirit. Many would tell about his social and generous nature. His kindness and benevolence seem to go beyond the law, though the boy seems to have no real regard for it. Those who know of his negative traits would speak of his tendency to rebel when he feels oppressed, whether by schedules or oppressive figures of authority. He is quick to be well informed about issues he sees and is passionate whether it be resisting or promoting outright or subtly.

Ethics: He has high morals, but takes no heed to laws. All he does is because his conscience drives him to and for no other reason and no other influence.

Likes: Independence/Self-Sufficiency, Tea and Coffee, Sweet Fruit, Beef

Dislikes: Oppressive/Abusive Power, Cold Weather, Vegetables

Character History

Pre-Creation: Jovhel is one of the lucky ones, born free from slavery and a happy family relatively free from tragedy and death. He was born as the third child to his parents, Hakim, of the sons of Havid, and Yasmine, of the sons of Basalom, under the red-tinted shade of the Keerdash Grove. Both his parent's were unremarkable Benshira nomads. Despite his complete, nuclear family, life in Eyktol was not without hardships. Food was scarce, water was constantly seemed to be on shortage, and death was always seeking to pick out the careless.

Although these difficulties were numerous and grave, Jovhel’s infant years were very healthy for the boy. He was sheltered by his entire tent and well-cared for. Perhaps it was Yahal that gave him such a blessed life. Jovhel would remember what he could of this life stage and recall it all as good. His parents, however, lived a different story. Quite early in the boy’s life, his mother participated in an affair with a distant member of the tent. As Yahal would treat a faulter in faith to her husband, she was caught and as concequence had her palms tattooed black.

Jovhel was only four at the time, but he could tell anyone that this event broke the illusion of a happy family in his eyes. While there were many things his family kept from him, the fog eventually lifted beginning with his father. After the event involving his mother, his father revealed a bitter side of himself well known to Jovhel’s mother and older siblings. This man was an abusive drunk and loved to be so. He was especially clear to express his anger towards his wife and her daughter and youngest son. Eventually word got around, especially in a tight knit community such as a Benshira tent.

Under the stress of judgment by the entire tent,Jovhel’s family was quickly pushed to outcasts of their own home. His father decided to break away and start anew, against the wishes of his wife, children, and elders. They left the deserts and traveled for sometime until at last they reached the Mithryn Outpost, where the oncoming winter convinced them to stay.

The Mithryn Outpost became Jovhel's home for his growing up years, though he lived entrapped by the walls, the will of his parents made him the most claustrophobic. He grew up loving his family, and together they were unconventional but content to work hard and live well. His father drank less due to the watchful, vigilant knighthood and his time-consuming work, so though he was still hard on his kin, he became less of a destructive force.

Jovhel is very intertwined with many individuals at the Outpost. Despite his love for his family and friends, he was determined to leave home as soon as he could. He often made trips to the Citadel, imagining what his life would be like on his own. So he decided to take action. Without a plan in hand, he moved away from his parents and into an apartment all for himself, excited for the adventure he had gotten himself into.

Post-Creation: WIP

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Shiber
Poor Language: Tawna

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Bartending 10 RB, 5 SP, +3 18 Novice
Dance 15 SP 15 Novice
Medicine 10 SP, +1 11 Novice
Herbalism 10 SP 10 Novice
Seduction 10 SP 10 Novice
Socializing +3 3 Novice
Observation +1, +2 3 Novice
Negotiation +2 2 Novice

Lores

Possessions

Clothing
Clothes
-Cotton Shirt
-Cotton Pants
-Wool Vest
Shoes
-High Boots
-Riding Boots
Accessories
-Wool Scarf
-Fur Cape
-Belt

Combat Gear
Melee
-Assassin's Dagger
-Small Sheath
Ranged
-Blowgun (Heirloom)
-Blowgun Darts (x20;Heirloom)

Backpack
-Waterskin
-Comb
-Brush
-10oz Lotion (Cinnamon)
-Soap (Cinnamon)
-Balanced Rations (1 week's worth)
-Eating Knife
-Flint & Steel

Home
-Incense Burner
-19 Incense Sticks

Housing

House: A 20x20 apartment with the furniture listed in the Housing section. The apartment is situated deep within the interior of Stormhold Citadel and does not include any windows, only ventilation shaft to bring in fresh air. Each hallway is lined with torches which are kept lit at all hours of the day, allowing for light and giving residents free access to something to light their hearth from. A diagram is included below:

Apartment :

Ledger

Date Source Transaction Total
66th Summer, 514 Character Creation + 100 GM 100 GM
Summer 514 Living Expense (Poor) - 45 GM 55 GM
7th Fall 514 Consumer Culture - 16 GM 7 SM 38 GM 3 SM
22nd Fall 514 For My God Shall Supply - 1 GM 7 SM 36 GM 6 SM

Thread List

Date Thread Completed Graded
37th Fall, 514 What's a Kid to a Brawler No No
22nd Fall, 514 For My God Shall Supply No No
12th Fall, 514 Slow Work Day Yes Yes
7th Fall 514 Consumer Culture Yes Yes
66th Summer, 514 Opening Night No No

Interview With Jovhel

General Information :
1. What is your Name?

I am Jovhel, from the tents of Hakim, of the sons of Havid

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

No, no one has really called me anything besides Jovhel

3. How old are you?

I'm 16!

4. What is your height?

I am 5'7"

5. What is your weight?

I weigh 120 or 130 pounds I think. It's all muscle! See for yourself!

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.

I am a young, dashing teen having the time of his life!

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.

People misunderstand me as a child, and I am. But don't mistake my young rebelliousness for ignorance.

3. What is your favorite body feature?

I've always liked my eyes. I think they're fun to look at!

4. How physically fit are you?

I'm thin, but not weak! Look at these arms!

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

I try to dress very nice and extravagant. I makes me feel less self-conscious about myself.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?

My dad is Hirem, of the sons of Havid. He's mostly nice to other people, unless you're from an 'animal race.' He's always busy working though and sometimes he drinks too much. I don't like being around when he does 'cause he gets mad really fast.

My ma is Yasmine, of the sons of Basalom. She taught me everything I know and made me the free-spirit I am today. She's the one who supported me moving away from the tent. I hold her very highly

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

I do! I have an older brother, Khelid. He and I don't talk much. I have an older sister, Chaimei. She and I are really close. Finally I have a younger sister, Rhita. She's really annoying.

3. What is your extended family like?

I haven't talked to them since I was four! But I had fun with all of them, I was good to my elders, and close to all the other kids in my tent!

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

My ma taught me that a family forged can be more valuable than a family born into. She also told me that the family you are born into is easily forged well.

5. Do you treat animals like family?

I always liked animal, so I do my best to make sure animals I'm close to know I love them.

I was born in the Keerdash Grove. It's so beautiful there! I'm glad I was.

2. Where do you live now?

Now, I live in Syliras in the Stormhold Citadel. Just an apartment all by myself!

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?

I love it here in Syliras just maybe an apartment that's roomier and enough space so I can share an apartment with someone.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?

I like to spend my leisure time looking at things in the bazaar. Shopping always relieved stress for me and I like being surrounded by people.

5. Where do you fear to be?

I fear being taken advantage of by those with power, and neglecting others when I have the power to help them.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)

No. At least nothing bad to where I've noticed.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?

Right handed!

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?

I can speak Common and Shiber. I even know some Tawna words! I sound like all the other people in Syliras. So unless I leave Syliras and the Outposts I guess I don't?

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

I comb my hands through my hair alot, and purse my lips.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Tattoos and piercings seem so scary. Of course I want some!

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?

I'm a bartender at a little tea and coffee shop called The Bean.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

I like working at The Bean. It's repetitive and terribly routine sometimes, but work there is something of my own and I'm proud of it.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?

I imagine being something that doesn't run on a schedule! It would be hard for me to leave the comfort of safety from the Knighthood, but I'm positive it would be worth it. Eventually I will!

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?

I admire the Knighthood. Because of their honor and selflessness, they have used their power to create a place as wonderful as Syliras.

5. What occupation do you least like? Why?

I don't like Nobility. They get a whole lot of money for doing nothing and treating others as pawns and dirt.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?

I was a good child. I had fun getting into all kinds of trouble.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?

Oh there was so much to enjoy I couldn't possibly pin it to one single experience! But if I had to chose it would be-

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?

I still remember the time my ma told me we were leaving Eyktol and the tent. It was such a sad week, I hate saying goodbye. I'm glad I did though.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?

I was close to them. I'm closer to my ma than my dad. My dad and I fight alot. But there were times when we were all a piece of a happy, whole family. Still that changed and our toxic relationship drove me to pursue independence from him.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

My older sister! She's out there right now doing what makes her happy! I feel like that is something to aspire too: To be happy because of what I am doing and achieving!

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?

I learned everything from my mother and the people I was raised with.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?

I really learn about things I like. If I'm not interested, it's difficult to catch or at least keep my attention.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

I learned alot of my skills from the Porter family at the Mithryn Outpost. They run the Fool's Errand! There I learned about bartending and pretended to bartend myself. My mother taught me how to be street smart though.

4. How do you learn best?

I'm a hands on person. I learn best through trial and error, it's in my nature!

5. What are your educational goals for the future?

I want to see what its like to get a formal education. The University at Zeltiva sounds amazing!

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

Of course! The people you make your family are what makes life worth living!

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

Trust is a very important part of making friends so I tend to throw my trust around. I know I'm at risk of getting hurt or betrayed, but I have ways to make sure that I always hold the upper hand.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

I like men. My father is very upset he won't be having sons from me, but it really isn't about him. He's got another son to make a puppet of.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

Oh my no! Never, do you think I could do it? Hahaha it sounds so exciting!

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

What? No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

Once I drank too much wine much too quickly. I don't remember but I had fun. Can't say I like it though. I think alcohol tastes bad and I hate the day afterwards

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?

No don't want to end up a deadbeat like my father.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

I don't like alcohol but if I'm drinking it I usually go with wine.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

No! Why? Do you think I could get them?

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

I'm not fond of alcohol but if you drink it's not like I'm going to think less of you. No way could I afford drugs!

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?

I like dancing in my spare time. It's fun because I don't dance like anyone else in the city. Benshira culture is so exotic in Sylira!

2. Do you like to read?

Reading? I guess it's fun, but have you ever tried to get your hands on a book? That's where the challenge of reading a book comes from.

3. What annoys you more than anything else?

People with power who abuse it. Those kinds of people are ruining everything.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

It's strange, but I like working. Focusing on work helps me organize my mind and it makes me feel productive. Honestly, the stress of productivity and responsibility feels good.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

I hate when I disappoint people, even strangers.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?

I love deep red colors! I like black and gold too 'cause they go well with it.

2. What is your favorite time of day?

I love evening's. The Citadel is always bustling in the evenings!

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

I think the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes upon is the Bazaar for the first time. There isn't anything like seeing all those people with their own stories going about!

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

I love beef and pineapples the most! Oh and sometimes you put coffee into things and it tastes amazing! But what I hate the most is vegetables. Vegetables of all kinds are terrible.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

I like to bask in Syna's glow. The warmth is so relazing I feel like I could just lay down and nap! I'm most scared of strong storms, but honestly they're kind of exhilarating.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

I think one would categorize me as an optimist, but I like to think I'm a realist.

2. What are your religious views?

As a Benshira, it is my duty to have faith and trust in Yahal. Sometimes what tradition says is right is too conservative for my preference. I like to think that Yahal wants more for his children than a bland, dreary existence.

3. Would you be able to kill?

Kill? You mean an actual person? I mean I guess, but I don't think I'd be able to do it unscathed.

4. What are your views on sex?

Haha you're funny!

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

I think it varies, depending on the person! To me, life has been made worth living when one forgets regret and lives to simply for the good of themselves and their neighbors.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?

I don't remember either, but I remember what I learned from those experiences!

2. What is your greatest regret?

Regret? Don't ever regret anything! Regret will only weigh you down!

3. What is your best/worst memory?

My best memory was a night out I had with the other kids around the Outpost! My worst was the punishment I got from my drunk dad when I got back.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

I wouldn't change anything. Every bit of my past shaped me into what I am, whether it be the pain or the pleasure. I wouldn't give up my memories for the world.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

I'm making a living all by myself, chasing my own ambitions at 16! If I'm not proud of that, what can I be proud of?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?

I'm consider myself honest, but etiquette is more valuable to me, and above that I value

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

Maybe, I think I'm uncomfortable around animalistic races and magic because my parents always taught me it was bad.

3. What makes you happy?

Simple things, I find joy in simple things. That and a world of good.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

My family, and maybe other people too, but I'll know for sure when the need of my death arises.

5. What makes you angry?

People who abuse power, I cannot for the life of me relate to why the one would take advantage of someone else.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?

I try my best to treat everyone as kindly and respectfully as possible

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

Probably my sister, she's out in the dangerous world living her life, so it's important to think of her.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

My sister, again, she is the most independent person I know.

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.

No, I want a man who I can live life with! Someone who I can depend on, just in case. A knight would also be a plus!

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why.

Of course! The knights, my family, and the people of Syliras. We're all family!

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

I don't like conflict, but I don't like being seen as a push over.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

I feel like I'm capable of leadership, but I'd be very wary of taking that position.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

I love people! Large groups are so much fun!

4. Do you care what others think of you?

Yes, I think what others think of me is important. That's why I try to work so well with others and take care of the way I look.

5. What do you think of others, in general?

People are so important. Working together can do amazing things, so it's important to get along with everyone you can. Have faith in your neighbors!

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?

I think my compassion. I work hard to make sure that I always treat others the best way I can.

2. What is your greatest weakness?

Compassion is a double edged blade. I think if I'm not careful to watch who I talk to, I could get hurt by them.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wouldn't change a single thing about myself! Every piece of me is so important to making me whole.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

I'm an extrovert!

5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Hahaha I find that I'm a good balance of both.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?

Yahal of course! He is the god that watches over my family, my people, and the knights!

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?

Rhysol, he is Yahals enemy. A god of corruption and impurity, which is everything Yahal stands against.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?

I don't have any Gnosis Marks, but to earn Yahal's favor would be amazing

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?

I would do so much for Yahal! Of course, as one of his children, I am obligated to trust him when he tells me to do something.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

I don't know. I shouldn't trade my faith and trust for him for anything, but I don't know.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?

Most importantly, I live so that I can enjoy what the gods have offered us, or at least the nice ones.

2. What is the best part of life?

Being able to enjoy things! Getting to eat good food, drink good drinks, make good friends, form wonderful families!

3. What is the best part of death?

I think when one dies, all they have to look at is what they did, because there is nothing to look ahead to. So to remember your life and remember it as good, I think.

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

I want to die relatively young, but never forgotten.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

Being a good person one was lucky to know.
Common | Shiber | Tawna | Thoughts
Jovhel
Player

Words: 18830
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2014, 8:22 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets