Completed Alphabetical Order (Ricky)

Jad finds "Family" listed under "M"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Alphabetical Order (Ricky)

Postby Jadlin Hayes on September 14th, 2014, 1:09 am

Jadlin Hayes

Jad stood, his smile relaxed as he looked toward the front entrance. He turned back and looked again at the ring. "I still have a number of questions. But they don't seem so important now. I'm thinking that our father - Gods, I like the sound of that - anyway, I'm assuming that he either didn't know about the ring, or didn't know about ME. I'm sort of assuming the ring was kept by the cult as a reminder of who to avoid, in case he ever came looking for me. But then again, It may not been Syliras where he...uh...where I was conceived."

He shrugged and held out his hand, "Well, Mr. Maze...Ricky..." he corrected, with a grin and a head shake. Then he got serious, "I'm really sorry to hear about him passing. Sorry for how sad it must be for you, really, more than me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad too, but I think in a different way. You had something and lost it, where I am simply learning that It's never going to be known to me. That's sad too, but in a sort of vague way, if you know what I mean. You don't miss what you never had."

He brightened again. "But I can't tell you what it has meant to me to meet you. I wish you all the luck in the world with your research. Have you been out knocking on doors? That's basically what brought me here. You might find some interesting stuff you weren't even looking for." he grinned, then unfolded the paper with the names, all but three crossed off. "So now, let me see. You live...Here it is...in the Old Quarter."

He refolded it partially, and shrugged, "But I suppose I'm as likely to find you through the Wave Guard schedules as anything else. Anyway, I'm staying at the World's End Grotto, but under the name 'Hayes" He winked, then looked thoughtful for a moment, "You know, I don't know yet if I'm going to change my name. I mean 'Hayes' is who I've always been. After all, we're only half brothers, maybe our names should only be half the same!"

He clapped his hands once, then winced in apprehension, looking around for glaring librarians. he lowered his voice. "Well I need to get going. I suddenly feel fine. No more need for any of those books." He directed his eyes to the upper floor briefly. "I need to see something about work, and I really need to see my girlfriend. I thought I had some sickness, so I've been avoiding her. I don't want her to get the wrong impression, ya know."

His smile focused on the child in Ricky's arms. His voice dropped to near whisper as he leaned in toward the Martin. "Besides, he looks like he needs his nap. I'll see you around, both of you." he gave a friendly nod and turned away, whistling softly in spite of the librarian's rolling eyes.

x
Jadlin Hayes - No Hurries, No Worries...
Jadlin Hayes
A Symphony of Synthesis

Words: 187030
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2014, 6:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Alphabetical Order (Ricky)

Postby Perplexity on October 10th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Jadlin :
Skills:
  • Investigation | +1 EXP
    Research | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +1 EXP
    Socialization | +4 EXP
Lores:
  • Shipwright: The Classifications of Ships
    Bethany Edgetower: Linguist in service to Kennabelle Wright
    Kennabelle Wright: Greatest of Zeltivan Navigators
    Myrians: Savages, all of them.
    Leeching: It’s Effects On The Body
    Ricky: Has A Little Boy Named Martin
    Ricky: My Brother, well…Half-Brother
    Lissa Maze: Half-Sister in Syliras
    Billie: Half-Sister in Syliras

Ricky :
Skills:
  • Investigation | +1 EXP
    Storytelling | +2 EXP
    Philosophy | +2 EXP
Lores:
  • Storytelling: The Sailor and The Sojourn
    Jadlin: A Leecher and Shielder
    Jadlin: From Syliras
    Jadlin: The Story of His Upbringing
    Jadlin: Half-Brother

Comments :
Family is wonderful! Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns. :)
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous