Completed The Falcon's Regret (Black Onyx)

A forlorn falcon broods on his mistakes in the shade of The World's End Grotto.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Falcon's Regret (Black Onyx)

Postby Seran on August 24th, 2014, 9:59 pm

”If you want to come and go from Zeltiva, you are more than welcome to. To be honest, I don’t feel like baby-sitting my informants and having to chase them down in the middle of the night to cut their throats simply because they decided to leave the city. It’s too much work for me."

Seran paled at this statement, but he understood now that being Black's informant wouldn't put him in any immediate danger and that was reassuring. He didn't enjoy making enemies out of anybody. His face grew less pale and he sensed she had something else to say. Black took a breath and began, ”I hope Sol enjoyed the treat, I surely enjoyed eating it as well… As you already know, or have suspected, I am a kelvic, I get along with horses, because I am one myself. It’s not something that I advertise.” Seran gaped at this before realizing he was making a scene. This was the most trusting action that Black had made thus far in his company. It was certainly a step forward and in that moment, if she'd asked him, Seran would have told her of his animal side without hesitation.

Seran watched as Black shifted in her seat and brought his father's sword into view and onto the table...followed by a warning dagger placed directly above it.
"That's the Black I know." He muttered in amusement, although he found himself warming to her as a person. It seemed to him as though she must have had a good reason for being so cautious and weary of other people. His instincts told him that it wasn't just a habit of stealing either. ”Now, I need to know whether you are serious about becoming an informant and maybe, just maybe, I might be inclined to give you your sword back.” This was the moment of truth it seemed.

Originally Seran had been far from keen of becoming a thief's informant, especially one whom he'd just met. Of course, his inner perception of an informant had been someone in constant danger from both those he gathered information from and from the displeasure of their employer. Now, after Black having told him he was not bound in any way to Zeltiva, and her leap of faith in him along with the revelation that she had indeed kept his sword safe, he only had one last question. Clasping his hands together and smiling once more, he spoke.

"Black, I'll do it. Only, I've one more question for you." At this he chuckled, "Am I going to get paid for this?"
Last edited by Seran on September 28th, 2014, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seran
Only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight.

Words: 38664
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2014, 4:18 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Black Onyx on August 28th, 2014, 10:31 am

Black’s brown gaze watched as his jaw gaped open at the news of being a horse kelvic. It was one of the very reasons as to why she didn’t tell anyone about her nature, other then of course the fact that she was suspicious for the most part. Ever since the death of her parents, she had been rather silent upon her nature, simply because she didn’t know why they had been killed. Whether it was because they were kelvics, whether they had done something that crossed someone or whether it was just for no reason what-so-ever. All she knew, was that an assassin, dressed all in black, came in the middle of the night to slaughter her parents. Her mother had previously hidden her before the assassin had come and she had watched the scene un-fold before her. The scene would often plague her dreams and sometimes, small details of the memory would change within the dream. Once, she had dreamed that she had raced out of hiding to go to her fallen father, but was scooped up by the mysterious assassin only to feel the sharp pain of that blade running across her throat. She would then find that she would shoot up out of bed, dagger quick in hand as she felt her clothes cling to her form, drenched in sweat.

She angled her head slightly to the right as her gaze watched him clasp his hands in front of his form and began to speak. A smirk found its way upon her lips as he asked about pay and she rolled her eyes. She was however, glad that she had secured yet another informant. Black had been some-what worried that the idea of keeping the sword wouldn’t bring about the desired result, to find out that it had, was most definitely a bonus. Her shoulders lifted and fell in a simple shrug before she even bothered to answer the question. ”Well, how about I put it this way. You give me any information that you collect and if you’re in the habit of stealing things, much like myself, you get to keep your loot.” Her smirk widened just that little bit, as she knew that he wouldn’t be in the habit of stealing mizas from anyone. She also had a feeling that he had been fooling around about expecting pay of some kind, seeing as the last time that they had met she had mentioned that the work wasn’t paid. If she went around paying all of her informants, she wouldn’t be able to survive herself.

Finally she nodded her head and flashed him a genuine smile, ”Well, it’s good to have you on board within this motley group of stragglers and thieves a like. Probably more stragglers than thieves really, but you get the idea.” Slowly, she would then slide her dagger back into the sheath at her waist before she would slide the larger weapon across the table towards the other kelvic, her fingers letting the blade go and she returned to seating herself back into her chair. Not satisfied with just simply sitting in the chair, she propped her booted feet back up onto the table table and leaned back into the chair, this once again, making the chair swing back onto two legs, the chair’s groans of protest could be heard.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Seran on August 29th, 2014, 4:01 am

"Not a surprise, but I think I'll pass on that." Seran said seriously when Black offered to share the loot. The life of a thief wouldn't suit him well, he reflected. Seran decided that if he ever caught Black killing someone, for money, he'd resign then and there. The Kelvic supposed that if she wanted to run the risk of getting jailed for theft he would let that pass but he wouldn't dare let her murder if he had any choice. His gaze flicked back to his new employer and she was smiling widely though he didn't detect any air of sarcasm or contempt. Genuine emotions looked good on Black, it's a pity she doesn't open up like this very often at all. ”Well, it’s good to have you on board within this motley group of stragglers and thieves a like. Probably more stragglers than thieves really, but you get the idea.” Seran opened his mouth to protest but then he grinned and nodded. Black was an interesting person to be sure.

The female Kelvic slid the sword across the table to him and he exhaled an inner sigh of relief. He took the sword into his hands and carefully withdrew it. Reflexively, he put out a hand to stop any actions caused by alarm.
"Just checking the blade for marks." And saying so, Seran laid the blade flat on the table and examined it. He ran a hand along the cold steel and a shiver ran down his spine as he recalled every groove. So far as he could tell, the sword remained in perfect condition just as he'd left it. Humming softly to himself, Seran sheathed the weapon and hooked it onto his belt where it belonged. Wow, I actually got my sword back! For a chime he sat there unsure of what to do next, and he looked outside through a nearby window. The rain had stopped, from what he could tell. The most significant sign being the lack of tell-tale patterings on the roof of the building. Seran supposed he'd better go back to the stables to Sol. Then he remembered that every room was booked and he was looking at a night in the stables, if that.

Seran looked to Serra and she smiled brightly at him. He cocked his head in a silent question and to his disappointment, Serra shook her head a bit less cheerily than before. The young owner of The Grotto did something next that utterly flabbergasted him. She strutted over and stopped at the table where both he and Black sat and said,
"Hello you two! Black, you've rented your room already. Shall I add your friend to the registration list?" Seran's face reddened beyond the deepest shade of crimson. The way Serra had said 'friend' heavily implied she thought them to be more than such. What is she talking about? I've been waiting for a room all night! Then a horrible, terrible thought crossed his mind. D-does she think we're having a fling?! The Kelvic began to wonder if the stables really were so bad after all, and he got up to leave.
Last edited by Seran on September 28th, 2014, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seran
Only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight.

Words: 38664
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2014, 4:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Black Onyx on August 30th, 2014, 2:33 am

Black had a feeling that he would pass up on the offer of keeping the mizas that he could steal, honestly, she didn’t blame him. If she had any other worthy skill sets, she would leave this type of life behind her, but she didn’t so she made a life for herself out of stealing other people’s hard earned miza. The young woman had been given many kinds of looks when people find out about her profession, but she tried to not let it get to her. So long as she knew who and what she was, it didn’t really matter what others think for everyone had different means of surviving and this was the only way she knew how to survive. Her brown eyed gaze had watched Seran observing her and she had even continued to watch as he withdrew the blade from its sheath. She did have to admit that her right hand tightened around the hilt of her dagger, but as he mentioned that he was only checking it for marks, she relaxed back into her chair. She hadn’t even drawn the sword out of its protective sheath the whole time that she had a hold of it. Swords were too bulky for her use as a thief, which was why she kept the blade locked inside her room.

Finally he seemed to be satisfied for the most part that it was in the condition that he left it in, honestly, she figured that knowing that she hadn’t sold it would be a big enough relief for him, apparently not however. Her shoulders lifted and fell in a shrug at this line of thought, she supposed that if some thief had taken possession of her precious heirloom, she wouldn’t trust them either, especially to not bring back the real one. She leaned her head back as her eyes slid closed, indeed she could do with sleep, but the night never rested for no one, especially the heavy pockets of people that were not paying attention to their purses. A gentle sigh came to rest upon her lips as she noted the lack of the sound of rain upon the roof, which was a good sign that perhaps business might pick up now. People might be heading out to go and get drunk, find some entertainment to waste their mizas on. Although, she wasn’t exactly sure as to what kind of entertainment was around Zeltiva, she mostly paid attention to the big events, but now that the idea was planted into her mind…

The owner of the Grotto approached them and the young equine nearly told her to petch off, however she held her tongue as she rolled her head to view the owner. Seran seemed to be somewhat horrified at the simple fact that she had thought the two were having a fling and a smirk quickly fell into place upon her lips. Honestly, it didn’t worry the kelvic one bit, but she had better straighten this issue out and quickly. Dragging her feet off the top of the table, the moaning chair settled back onto four legs for the last time that night and Black moved to stand up, stretching her arms high above her head before she finally dropped them back to her sides. ”No, he will not be staying with me, however, if he is looking for a room and there is one, please give it to him. Provided that he can pay for it that is, I’m sure he is weary from his day.” With that she turned to make her way out the door, looking forwards to the possible mizas that may line her pockets tonight. ”I shall see you another day Seran!” She called as she disappeared through the door and out onto the streets of Zeltiva.

OOCThis is my last post, if you would like to make another one, then by all means go ahead, but I’m finished.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on October 9th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Seran :
Skills:
  • Rhetoric | +3 EXP
    Interrogation | +1 EXP
    Observation | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +2 EXP
    Negotiation | +1 EXP
    Horsemanship | +1 EXP
Loot:
  • Seran has gained his father's sword back!
Lores:
  • Observational Insight: The Visual Cues of a Flippant Lie
    Black: Tricky and Resourceful Liar
    Black: Has An Interest In Information
    Black: Information Point of Contact

Black :
Skills:
  • Philosophy | +1 EXP
    Rhetoric | +3 EXP
    Observation | +2 EXP
    Intelligence | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +2 EXP
    Negotiation | +1 EXP
Loot:
  • Black has returned Seran's sword to him!
  • Black has gained Seran as an informant!
Lores:
  • Philosophy: Rotten To The Core
    Seran’s Sword: Gift From His Father
    Intelligence: The Role of an Informant

Comments :
I apologize on the wait for this one! There wasn't a whole lot to give in the way of lores so I gave what I could. I awarded no socialization points mainly because you weren't being sociable. The two of you were bantering back and forth, lying, and speaking with a definitive objective. Which would fall under the realm of Rhetoric. If you have questions or concerns (i.e. did I miss something?) please contact me at your earliest convenience!
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous