Solo [Semele Park] Practice Makes Perfect

Lynx practises Hypnotism.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Semele Park] Practice Makes Perfect

Postby Lynx on August 21st, 2014, 2:01 am

Lynx~
Day 50, Summer, 514 AV
Just After Night-fall

To some, it would be just another night, another time of the day where people tended to sleep or go out to taverns to drink away their mizas. Lynx didn’t know very many people, so she preferred to be bathing in Leth’s light and working upon her meditation. It was a time where she did not enjoy being disturbed, for she was easily distracted. The young pups did not help much as they frolicked around the edges of the pond in Semele Park, giving off small yaps as they tumbled in their play. A soft sigh caressed her lips and she shifted upon the spot that she sat cross-legged upon, her hands gently resting within her lap. Slowly, she inhaled, the oxygen rushing to fill and expand her lungs and slowly, she released the air. She would do this a few more times as she tried to focus upon the feeling of oxygen drawing in and then slowly releasing. Allowing this to calm and soothe. Breathe in, she thought to herself as she inhaled. Breath out, she chanted within her mind as she released the air. Repeating this process several times until she no longer needed to chant this and she simply did it naturally, her mind slowly clearly of all thoughts until it was simply still.

Although, this did not last long as suddenly, outside influences began to intrude once more. A breeze had picked up and began to gently ruffle her black locks, Snipe and Shadow had decided that splashing on the edges of the pond was fun and an itch had developed upon the side of her nose. With a sigh her violet eyes opened to view the darkened park and she gently rolled her head from one side to the other. While it had only been a brief meditation session, the muscles within her neck had stiffened and so, she began to loosen them by rolling her head in a circle. Finally she would then decide to attend to the itch on the side of her nose, lifting a finger to gently scratch at the itch. Thank Leth that I do not have to worry about being hungry while in this form, she thought to herself as her gaze flickered over to view the puppies and their attempts at trying to snap at the water as it was kicked up by one of them. Lynx had a feeling that Shadow was the one who started it and Snipe only decided to join in once he thought that it looked like fun. Indeed they were little bundles of distractions, probably the only distractions that she didn’t mind having.

With a final shake of her head, she set about trying her hand at meditation again, her violet hues settling upon the pond’s surface where it reflected the face of the moon, or really the face of Leth. A gentle smile curved her lips and a sense of calm settled within her as the lids of her eyes slowly slid closed. She would begin the chant once more, drawing in air, enjoying the feeling of the oxygen expanding her lungs before she slowly exhaled. Breathe in slowly… One… Two… Three… Four… Five… Breathe out slowly… One… Two… Three… Four… Five… It was a method that she had established to help her focus upon the air as she drew in, and then exhaled so then it would slowly force her mind to clear of any thoughts that would be running ragged through her mind. However, that was a difficult task even at best without outside distractions, so she had to focus extra hard upon the small chant that she had going so then not to be distracted.

~I am, Leth's Daughter

Common | Kontinese | Thoughts
Last edited by Lynx on August 30th, 2014, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Lynx
The Mind is a Powerful Thing

Words: 70657
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 10:41 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lynx on August 24th, 2014, 6:01 am

Lynx~

Breathe in slowly… One… Two… Three… Four… Five… Breathe out slowly… One… Two… Three… Four… Five… She chanted within her mind, before slowly, her chant started to become soft until she was no longer chanting and only simply drawing in air, the oxygen expanding her lungs before she slowly released this oxygen. The process continued to be repeated as her mind began to slowly quieten until there was no more thoughts running through her mind. Even the splashing of the pups began to slowly fade out until she could no longer hear them, it was just a calm focus as her breaths continued to slowly draw in before pushing out. A sense of ease fell over the woman as she relaxed into this sense of quiet and calm. It was a feeling that could easily be lost among the busy daily lives of those that felt that they didn’t have time to simply sit in a place to quiet their mind. It made for an enlightening process and she found that after every time she meditated, she felt more centered and re-aligned within herself. However, it seemed that once again, she would not be able to sit undisturbed for too long as a voice called out almost in annoyance, “Shut those useless fur-balls up!”

Turning her head, she opened her violet gaze to view the man that was soon approaching, his fists balled up and as Leth’s light softly shined down upon his face, she could faintly see that his face was bunched up in anger. A sigh settled upon her lips as she slowly moved to stand up, snapping her fingers as she called to the Silkena pups. ”Snipe, Shadow, come here.” The ears of the puppies pricked forwards towards at the sound of her voice and their movements stilled on the edge of the lake. Finally they decided to come charging back to her and she pointed a finger to the ground as she gave them a command, ”Sit.” Lynx knew that they would only stay seated for a moment before Shadow decided that sitting was boring and would pounce on Snipe, however, for the moment they sat their wiggling bums upon the ground and she turned to address the man that had approached her. “If you can’t handle your animals as pups, then they will only turn out to be dogs that will have to be put down.” He snarled at her, almost shoving his face into her own. Well now, she thought to herself, Someone needs a lesson in manners. However, she knew that she would have to word everything properly and create just the right push in order for her hypnotism to be of any use.

A simple smile, curved her lips at the angry man as she exhaled slowly so then she would appear to be calm, even in the face of a raging tornado, ”Do you have children sir?” She had taken a simple stab in the dark with this question, for she wasn’t exactly sure as to whether he did or not. The man’s appearance appear to have some kind of age, for frown and smiling wrinkles seemed to mark his hard-weathered face. His brown hair was cut short, his clothes appear to have a couple of holes in them and his boots looked worn in. So whatever it was that he did, he probably did something that involved physical activities, the holes in his clothes was probably because he didn’t spend his money on himself to buy new clothes, but rather on something else. What that something else, was what she was trying to work out. She gave him an encouraging smile then and angled her head to the right, her violet eyes focusing upon his own green hues as she channeled DJed into her gaze, a hypnotic suggestion within them as he stared. Answer her. “Y..Yes.” He would finally say as he took a simple step backwards, perhaps she should have used a word such as trust instead of a demanding word. Lynx would then begin to channel her DJed through her spoken words, lacing it with hypnotic words, words that would cast an emotional response of shame upon the male. ”I consider my pups to be my children. If someone had walked up to you and told you that your children were useless little brats that will have to be put down when they grow older, how would you feel?” She had used a chastising tone to help the emotional response of shame to settle within the male.

~I am, Leth's Daughter

The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Lynx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lynx on August 30th, 2014, 7:01 am

Lynx~

The man broke eye contact and his gaze drifted out to the side, before they settled upon the pups behind the woman, Lynx waited patiently for the man to chew upon what she had said but her gaze never left his face. He was obviously thinking for his eyes took on a long distance type stare, almost as if he was remembering something and slowly his shoulders fell downwards almost as if the effects of the rise of shame began to show. It had taken longer than she expected for him to feel the feeling, had he resisted this somehow? Was there something that she had not seen? Perhaps it was her chastising tone that had helped give the hypnotism the push it needed to work upon this man. She, however didn’t let these worries show upon her pale features, for she wanted to appear to the male as is she was sure and confident. She felt confident in her position, just not sure in her abilities, something she would have to change with much practice. Finally the puppies had decided that they had had enough sitting and Shadow jumped upon Snipe, taking up his brother’s ear in the process to lightly chew on it.

Lynx watched as it appeared to her that he had finally decided upon something and looked back up at her his gaze searching her own for a moment, as their eyes locked together. His eyes spoke of some kind of sadness, of regret and shame and she angled her head slightly to the right. ”You are right, it was wrong of me to say such a thing to you and I would very much hit the first person that would even dare attempt to say that about my two lovely daughters.” He drew in a breath, almost as if he was trying to gather his thoughts and Lynx simply remained silent. She had found that the best way to encourage people to talk, was to simply remain silent, to listen for their words and as she waited it seemed that he had finally gathered the necessary words to talk once more. ”Your puppies are the cutest children I have seen and they seem like they very much do listen to you, I would imagine that they will grow up to be just fine.”

She blinked for a moment before a gentle smile curved her lips, well that certainly wasn’t expected, she told herself as her gaze drifted to view the young pups. She wasn’t lying when she said that she considered them her children and so as she turned back to view the male she nodded her head, ”Thank you.” He too gave her a smile before he turned to leave giving her a simple wave, ”It was nice talking to you!” Her violet hues watched him leave and she began to wonder if effecting one of his emotions triggered some kind of chain reaction. If triggering shame brought about a memory which brought about another emotion. She pondered this as she turned to head back to the lake, settling back down in a cross-legged position. Whatever it was, she would meditate upon it, she thought to herself as the puppies once again went splashing into the water of the lake’s edge.

~I am, Leth's Daughter

The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Lynx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mayhem1 on November 3rd, 2014, 2:12 am

You're an excited PC roaming around a thread.

You're not paying attention that the story's over.

Then...BAM! You're hit with a Grade.

I'm Mayhem, the ever-present Junior ST of Cyphrus. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Lynx
XP
  • Meditation - 2
  • Observation - 2
  • Hypnotism - 1
  • Persuasion - 1
LORES
  • Meditation: Steady Breathing
  • Meditation: Clearing Your Head
MISCELLANEOUS
    I loved how you described the dogs acting all mischievous and causing, if you'll excuse me, mayhem while she tried to meditate. I could imagine my own dog doing the same thing. It was pretty darn adorable.

With Regards,
- Mayhem
Syliras ★ threads: 0/4
Mayhem1
what the knights are protecting you from

Words: 12697
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2014, 4:35 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook