Vard Briar's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Vard Briar's Journal

Postby Vard Briar on August 27th, 2014, 6:47 am

The tome is bound in black leather with coarse string dyed red. Engraved in the cover is an intricate design of a wolf dusted with white chalk. The parchment is of good quality and the journal is about half the size of an Atlas in thickness. Its resemblance to a grimoire is uncanny.

Entry 1
43rd of Summer, 514 AV, 13th Bell

Hello readers. That is, I assume that eventually someone other than me will read this. In fact, why anyone ever tries to keep a journal private is a mystery to me, for why would you put your thoughts down in ink if not to share them? Which is why I will address you as what I believe you to be. A curious reader stumbling across my journal and leafing through the book. That which I don't wish to share, well, I guard that in the deepest corner of my mind.

It occurs to me that I haven't properly introduced myself. Reader, my name is Vard Briar and I am a male Symenestra who is of the Esterian faith. I have ash-white hair, amethyst coloured eyes and the customary pale skin of my kind. I will endeavour to include a sketch of myself below when I get the chance to sit down and work. For now, I'll just examine this wonderful new journal of mine. It's one of a pair but I'm sure you'd agree, far superior to its twin. I only hope that when you read this, the book has retained its wonderful quality.

Indeed, the origin of my journal is quite interesting in and of itself. As I'm writing this, I've just stepped back into my room at The Cubacious Inn after having delved into Alvadas' Bizarre. I roamed there for almost a bell before finally finding someone willing to sell me some books. Syllania, she called herself. A stranger woman I haven't met though I didn't dare tell her of that. Nay, she definitely had a fey quality about her, so it is possible she was a mage. Most vendors of books do have some experience with magic. In any case, I acquired my books and that's all that matters.

I hope.

Sketch (by Amoux!) :

Phew, that took much longer than I expected. Even now Mrs. Georgia is telling me to get out or pay for another night, so this is goodbye for now dear reader!

Vard
Vard Briar
Gentleman Spider

Words: 60378
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal