[Unverified] Vurk of the Blackened Claws

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Vurk of the Blackened Claws

Postby Vurk on September 9th, 2014, 12:00 am

Vurk of the Blackened Claws
Image"I eat, I train, I kill, I sleep. What else do you want to know?"

Myrian, Male
21st of Summer, 592AV - age 22
1st Mark of Prowess

Myrian Fluent
Battle Calls Basic
Common Poor

Knowledge & Training
Possessions
Housing & Family

Childhood
As a lad, Vurk learned Morphing like all children of the Blackened Claws. His father tended to the animals that the Claws kept - and sometimes slaughtered - to study the way they worked, while his mother was a fierce warrior who used her skill to serve the Taloban army. It just so happened that Vurk took after his mother's side. Fighting was all he knew or cared about growing up, how best to make the strength of the animals around him his own.

Early Service
Being a male warrior wasn't exactly easy, but that wasn't to say that Vurk's service was horrible for him. To the contrary, it was the greatest time of his life, and the most eye-opening as well. On the 10th of Spring, 509AV, one of Vurk's fang whom he'd previously though as useless proved her worth as she saved the life of one of their own. It was a small revelation for the war-minded Vurk, and his respect for Tazi and her work grew immensely.

Character Overview
A man on an eternal warpath, Vurk does his best to prove himself in every situation. He is not necessarily hot-headed, but he is most certainly confrontational. Friendly and wild, understanding and ruthless, this Myrian is just a hair's breadth away from a frenzy at all times, even as much as he is an amicable comrade. What is bound to set him of is any question of his worth - he fights hard to prove himself, to Myri and his superiors.

Flashbacks
Date Title & Link Type Status
16th of Spring, 505AV We Are All Animals Closed Incomplete
6th of Summer, 507AV If You Go Down to the Woods Today... Closed Graded
9th of Summer, 507AV We Hunt, We Fight Closed Incomplete
Last edited by Vurk on April 19th, 2015, 5:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vurk is currently suspended. Apologies!

"Do not fear the beast. Become the beast."
Vurk
Resident Savage

Words: 15427
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2014, 3:38 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Knowledge & Training

Postby Vurk on September 9th, 2014, 12:06 am

Knowledge & TrainingImage
"There are countless ways to kill. I learn as many as I can."

Skill Skill Level Total Breakdown
Unarmed Combat Competent 26pts 25sp, 1xp
Morphing Competent 28pts 25sp, 3xp
Tracking Novice 10pts 10rb
Endurance Novice 1pt 1xp
Observation Novice 3pts 3xp
Stealth Novice 1pt 1xp
Tracking Novice 1pt 1xp
Socialization Novice 3pts 3xp

Blackened Claws: History
Taloba: Layout
Creating Morphed Armor (Tortoise)
Tarukko: A Solitary Entity
To Master Morphing is to Adapt to Many Forms
Last edited by Vurk on April 19th, 2015, 6:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Vurk
Resident Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Possessions

Postby Vurk on September 9th, 2014, 12:09 am

Possessions
"My clan raises us to be as the predators of the wilds. What need have I for possessions?"

Backpack
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Flint & Steel

Resources
1 Waterskin
Food for a week
1 eating knife
1 tortoise shell
4 tortoise limbs

Clothes
Linen shirt
Linen trousers
Linen undergarments
Linen shoes
Linen cloak

Current Total: 100gm
Total Transaction

ImageHeirloom
Some of the more arrogant of Myri's children brand the Blackened Claws as heathens for abandoning the way of the weapon in favor of merely imitating much fiercer creatures. Anyone who would spend merely a bell within the Blackened Claws longhouse would know that to be false. Received from his mother, the only thing he has ever received from her, is a ceremonial drum played at many a festival celebrating the gods.
Last edited by Vurk on April 19th, 2015, 6:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Vurk
Resident Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Housing & Family

Postby Vurk on September 9th, 2014, 12:11 am

ImageHousing & Family
"They are my clan, my pack. We kill together."

Vurk lives in the Blackened Claws longhouse with the rest of his clan, usually dropping in whatever bunk is available. Sometimes, though, Vurk might have to sleep wherever he finds himself in the jungle as part of the Taloban army. This hasn't happened yet, fortunately.

ImageNok of the Blackened Claws
Myrian, Female
51st of Summer, 572AV
1st Mark of Prowess
Mother of Vurk and his siblings, Nok is one of the Blackened Claws' warriors. She might not have a long history or fearsome reputation yet, but she still fights well and truly like a Claw, earning her respect among her clanswomen. Though she initially resisted her eldest son's desire to learn more about being a warrior, she eventually relented and even supported him in his pursuits.
Skill Points
Unarmed Combat 25
Morphing 25

ImageGrak of the Blackened Claws
Myrian, Male
90th of Winter, 477AV
1st Mark of Prowess
Nok's husband is a gentle spirit, and a close friend of Beastmaster Kas. Together they take care of the animals kept by the clan, ensuring their comfort while the Blackened Claws study and learn from them. He was eager to begin teaching his son in the ways of the most honorable man's work in the clan, mildly disappointed by his eldest's chosen path. His third child was eager to learn, however.
Skill Points
Animal Husbandry 30
Morphing 20

ImageSinek of the Blackened Claws
Myrian, Female
2nd of Summer, 494AV
1st Mark of Prowess
Being a female born to strong warrior, Sinek's expectations were pretty clear-cut from her birth. When she came of age to start choosing her profession, Nok was surprised - though by no means disappointed - to learn that her daughter wanted to become a Huntress. Sinek takes her duty to the clan very seriously, and like her elder brother Vurk works hard to prove her worth to her peers.
Skill Points
Morphing 30
Tracking 20

ImageTaleek of the Blackened Claws
Myrian, Male
72nd of Spring, 496AV
Whereas Vurk took after the mother, Taleek very much took after the father. He enjoys taking care of the animals that the Blackened Claws keep, helping them. The two brothers used to not get along well, but after Vurk's ambush in 509 he's gained some respect for his little brother's chosen profession. Taleek has yet to serve, even though he should soon.
Skill Points
Animal Husbandry 25
Morphing 15
Unarmed Combat 10

Vurk
Resident Savage

Character sheet