Closed [Silverbite's Prowlers] I Can See The Resemblance

(Adrienna) Kreig meets a Dynasty Brat, Joy.....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

[Silverbite's Prowlers] I Can See The Resemblance

Postby Kreig Messer on September 12th, 2014, 12:50 pm

12th of Fall 514th A.V. 10th Bell 45th Chime.

To say he'd been to many shops before would have been a lie, Kreig knew, but he also knew that this was the wierdest pet shop he'd ever been into ‘what kind of shop sells snakes, lizards and gators? not that that was truly odd, its just that the pet shops he was used to had dogs and cats and very little reptilians.

He was dressed in his usual attire which consisted of a black shirt and white breeches with a decent pair of leather boots. Hanging from his waist and attached to his harness was his longsword, sheathed and secured by 'piece string' as the Kenashians called it. Apparently anyone who didn't have this string attached to their weapon indicated that they meant to cause trouble, which was the last thing the kmights wished to cause whilst the trade negotiations were going on. Attached to his back with his crossbow with its quiver filled with bolts just beneath it. Overall the squire looked like he was ready for a war, which in a way he certainly was if the Kenash folk decided it was best not to keep the markleaa squire around, even though that was unlikely.

He didn't know what brought him to the Silverbite Prowlers to be honest, he supposed it was simple curiosity. It seemed like that surely as he watched the scale creatures in their cages, having this swampy smell to them which was tradional to the Kenash wildlife. It was pungent in its own way to be sure, but nothing to complain about.

He was strangely fascinated by the creatures as he observed them for a while, especially once he discovered the 'stables' which contained crocodiles! Part of him felt truly giddy at that, he'd never seen such large reptiles before and they just looked Pitching wicked, though he did note to stay a good bit of distance away from them since their jaws were large enough to bite off his arms, which safe to any he'd rather keep attached unless these gators gave a good fight.

"Oh I bet they do" He muttered with wishful amusement, his mind drifting off into a daydream involving him, a gator and an arena of epic proportions.

"So petching wicked...."
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 16th, 2014, 4:58 am

"Before we go home tonight, I want the floor swept. Look at it." Adrienna Lynint was currently standing with her slave, Lucian, and gesturing to the floor. Petals from bouquets bought the season before still littered the floor, the source of dismay in the Lynint brat, and Lucian was nodding, mute as he usually was, while she dictated the chores to him. "I'll also like the habitats cleaned out. The mice in particular are getting messy. I want this done tonight, understand?"

She left him, then, fluttering a hand to send him off. There were few customers in her store, and more people were leaving yet as the day wore on. She did not lament their departure, not recognising them from her own class amongst the Kenash elite, but she disliked the fact that she was becoming something of a novelty store. More tourists were visiting her than she enjoyed. She didn't want to be someone's story when they returned to their homes. She wanted business.

One of the people loitering in her store was troubling in particular. He'd not spoken a word since his arrival and while Adrienna usually greeted her customers as they walked in, she'd been busy with Lucian until just now. With the opportunity to look this newcomer over, she sought the mark that would tell her if he actually meant business or was just interested in gawking at the wares.

He mumbled something unintelligible and she approached him, donning a carefully crafted smile most often presented to a malicious sibling in an attempt to be sweet. "See something interesting?" The Lynint raised her eyebrows expectantly, and would use the opportunity of him addressing her to look for the tell-tale brand that would inform her of his status. She'd come to recognise the bearing of the other Dynasts, and would know that if he did not have a brand, he was simply another stranger in the city that disliked strangers. When satisfied, she looked at the animal he was staring at and narrowed her eyes. "Caiman, hm? This one is feisty, but the one I had in here last season was downright malicious, especially if people stared at him." Stop gawking, she wished to insinuate with her words.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 65714
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 8:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on September 16th, 2014, 7:54 am

Kreig was still busy looking a t the creature, marveled by it and how tough it looked. Back in Sunberth he could never had seen a creature like this unless a particularly successful gang or individual had exotic tastes and this crocodile seemed to be th epitome of exotic in Kreig's eyes. He wandered what they called it? He had no ideas what a crocodile was and it got his blood boiling to see a creature this tough looking.

He didn't realize how absorbed he was as heheard the voice of a woman, another customer he initially assumed, called out to him. Remembering his manners he stood back up and turned to face the woman with a polite smile that was far more sincere than the 'porcelaine' one she had donned ' Gee, she must be the life of the party with that smile' Despite that bit of mental sarcasm he didn't doubt the possibility she was at least a source of talk as he looked her over. Compared to most Kenashy he'd conversed with, which was damn few, she certainly looked to be from another world. Her hair style, what tattoos he could see and a couple of piercings certainly made that obvious. His brow had to raise at the curious sight, but not wanting to be rude by staying silent he spoke " Ah, yes Miss. I was just marvelling at this creature.... I'v never quite seen anything like it." Kreig said, the amazement obvious in his voice.

She seemed to be looking him over, but only briefly he noted 'must be ondering if I was a freeborn or something' Well in anycase he knew that kind of look probably didn't spell good for him. He looked back at the reptile in the pin, wondering just what they called them.... He thought he'd recieved his answer when the woman called it, but Caiman sounded like a persons name.... he could have been wrong. When she mentioned that the last one seemed to not like being watched he took the hint and looked away from the creature, it provided him an oppertunity to ask his question "If you don't mind me asking miss, but is Camen the name of the creature's species or it a personal one?"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 16th, 2014, 11:39 am

Adrienna absorbed his words with the carefully crafted air of disinterest. Most people who entered her store did do so in order to satiate the curiosity to meet one of the swamp's more dangerous denizens, of which she could boast owning. It was expected that she'd be sought out by newcomers, especially if they had interest in exploring the swamp themselves. She sold basic information regarding the animals, also, when the occasion called for it.

"Species?" The word was new to Adrienna. She didn't know anything about species. It sounded like something someone from a city that prided themselves about talking about things rather than experiencing them firsthand would use to differentiate between animals. She narrowed her eyes, trying to pin down his meaning, before offering a bit of a more genuine smile at his interest. Maybe he did mean business. "He's simply a caiman, as his neighbours are an alligator and crocodile each. They look a lot alike, don't they?"

She took a look over the three stalls. The open ceiling above the lizards allowed the sunlight to stream in so they could warm their bodies when the light reached them, and the fading light currently showed that one of the animals was watching them, partially submerged in the water flooding the stalls, and that the other was basking in the heat he could yet collect. Adrienna felt a surge of fondness for them.

"Introductions are in order. I am Adrienna Lynint. Who are you?"
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on September 16th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Kreig looked over the three stalls and saw the two reptiles that he had missed, his eyes grew in such awe that they seemed to be challenging the physical boundaries of how far they could expand. They looked so very much like this Caiman yet they were….. different? It fascinated him to no end as he wondered what made them so different. Where they as tough as they looked? Was this woman correct when she said this? Well she owned the place so he supposed she would have to know her stuff to make sure they’re healthy and what not.

He bowed to her when she introduced herself, the meaning of her name totally lost on him “It’s a pleasure to meet you miss Lynint, I am Kreig Messer. I’m afraid I have to ask your forgiveness, such creatures are unusual from where I’m from” He said as he rubbed the back of his head with a look of sheepish apology. At this moment he had practically announced he was a newcomer to Kenash, how this made her view him was alien but Kreig partially sensed it would be with the typical disdain the Kenashi seem to have against outsiders.

“If you can bear with me mis, may I ask more questions about these creatures?” He asked with as much sincere respect he could muster, though it must be wondered if the young Dynasty woman noted the bloodthirsty glint in Kreig’s eyes. He turned to glance at them again, a look of utter glee replacing the bloodlust as quick as it had come.

“For instance, and I do beg forgiveness if I give off the impression of being rude, what makes these three creatures different from each other? Is it the food they eat? Something about their environment? Perhaps their personality” He let out the stream of questions that had been building up inside him, his enthusiasm pouring out like a fountain.

They just look so petching awesome!

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 20th, 2014, 10:51 am

Adrienna scrutinised him. Inherently, she disliked outsiders. She considered this man, who even seemed to lack the Freeborn brand, as below her -far below her in his case-, and she didn't much like the glint in his eye. It spoke of mischief. He had no place in her world to cause mischief, especially not in her store.

"The most apparent difference is their size," she remarked. "Other information does not come free. I run a business, not a library." But there was always more to come, if he paid her for it.

It would also prove to her that he meant business, as his refusal would urge her to have him forcibly removed from her store. Adrienna Lynint was not the sort of woman to approve of mischief, and there were many ways she could use to transmit this notion. It would probably kill his enthusiasm, but Adrienna wasn't particularly bothered by that. In fact, a hint of a smile drew up a dimple at her left cheek, but it could simply have been a trick of the light caused by the pairing of the braziers and the streaming sunlight.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on September 23rd, 2014, 11:31 pm

Kreig was crestfallen as she refused tondevulge the information. In his enthusiasm he had promptl forgotten where they were.... a city of greed the Kreig found himself, not for the first or definitly the last; comparing to Sunberth. Money was the name of the game...and money was one thing the knights don't pay their squires with. He had a paltry three mizas to his name and those weren't really going to ge thim anywhere ' Unless.. He sighed as he gave her a glare with a look of defiant resignation, he rummaged through his pocket and pulled out a gold rimmed Miza that all knew and loved, holding it before her with his thumb and pointer, as if holding a treat to an unruly child.

" Very well then, indeed a business you run... and a 'miza for your thoughts' I suppose applies here." He flipped the currency in his hand, letting it rest in the palm of his hand as he handed it to her " A pretty little coin for a bit of information, name for the things I cannot see or not apparent at first glance." Kreig said in no-uncertain terms, he had hoped that the lass would be forthcoming like these reptillian beasts he was admiring seemed to be, yet her attitude seemed to to be more like a snake he now thought ' She certaimly looked a bit like one, now that I think of it?''

"So, other than the obvious facts. What nakes all thse creatures different from one another?"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Adrienna Lynint on November 6th, 2014, 3:39 am

Adrienna did not fancy the strange man's apparent defiance, the words to request his leave weighing heavily upon her tongue. If he wouldn't pay for his information, he should leave and find it out for himself. However, she bit the words back. He could yet prove a fruitful investment... although the gleam of the gold miza was a disappointing hint as to what investing in him would entail.

This man was no shark. If Adrienna had to liken him to anything, it might have to be a rodent, some form of scavenger seeking wealth without offering something in exchange that was at least of the same value.

Choice words came to mind, yet she chose instead to smile at him sweetly and extend her hand expectantly for the offered coin, not even bothered at the seemingly subservient gesture as if she yearned for the little spark of wealth. Certainly, one gold miza partnered with the expression he wore meant that he put more wealth into it than she did, and so the symbolism was what she found more satisfying than the coin.

Adrienna Lynint would label him the sort of man to sell his livelihood for the chance to do something forbidden and anyone with good business sense should take advantage of him before he got himself killed.

"Have you ever looked at the skeleton of an animal? These animals bear differences in their very bones that make them different from one another, although the similarities between them far outnumber the differences. Obviously, you can't see the differences, but perhaps one day you'll gain the honour to meet one of Kenash's own monsters and you'll be able to easier see the difference when the alligator is easily able to swallow you whole."

The Lynint tucked the gold miza into her own pocket. "If you want more, you should offer me more."
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes