Closed Day 1- A trek down the Misty peaks/Camping in the Alpine

Cyna guides a Pycon down the Misty Peaks into the alpine wilderness to set up camp.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Day 1- A trek down the Misty peaks/Camping in the Alpine

Postby Cyna Redsun on October 1st, 2014, 9:51 am

12 of fall 514 AV

Cyna waited at the Amaranthine Gates for her perspective client, she had stopped by the cosmos center the day before and had received word that someone was looking for a wilderness guide for a few days. Cyna wasn’t the most skilled guide, but she had spent most of her time in the misty peaks and the conjoining alpine wilderness. She knew she could safely guide herself through the peaks and woods below, and was confident enough that she could easily guide the client. She just hoped the client wasn’t some silver spooned fed rich city goer that didn’t know how to get their hands dirty. If the client was hoping to make it through this trip, she would need help and she didn’t have the funds to afford help.

The job posting had said to be at the gates early morning. Cyna had arrived a bit earlier brushing her horse as the sun rose casting its warm early orange glow over the streets as it slowly crept towards her before the light of Syna had engulfed her. Cyna quietly thanked Leth for the night and prayed for Syna’s protection in the light of the sun. She knew her client would be here any minutes, but she did seem a bit bothered by the vagueness of the job posting.

Cyna’s job’s typically involved her sitting down with the client before the journey and for the ones that were in a rush they usually left some clue on how to recognize them. Even the guy at the desk of the center was of no help all he said was that she would know her client when she saw him. Cyna couldn’t have thought of a worst way to figure out who her client was, just glancing around she saw a few people in her area moving around. It wasn’t uncommon for Lhavitians to be up and about all times of the day, so it made Cyna’s search for her client all that harder. She knew it could be any of those people walking around; they could easily be observing her and sizing her up as a person.

Cyna finished brushing her horse placing the saddle on her back and strapping it on, following up with the saddle bags filled with the gear they would need for the trip. She had a little under a week’s rations for the journey; most of their food would have to come from trapping and fishing. She didn’t know if her client had it in mind to pick up some supplies or wanted to pick some up before they left. Cyna assumed not, by the fact she was waiting next to the gate; but for a new visitor or a resident the gate is a good solid place everyone knew.

Cyna took a deep breath of the morning air and nibbled on a dried biscuit as she waited for her client. Looking around Cyna could see a few characters, that might have hired her but none had approached her yet. She was about to speak up to a man that was walking towards her, but before she could say anything he walked past her not even glancing in her direction. Cyna knew the client wasn’t late, but curiosity was eating at her with each chime she wanted to know more and more about this mysterious client.

Cyna Redsun
Brutal, simple, efficient.

Words: 33171
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2014, 3:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cyq on October 2nd, 2014, 7:58 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

The hedgehog sighed quietly, walking stick in paw, as he wandered through the streets towards the main gates. He knew that today would be one of those days he just.. dreaded. He'd endure though - he'd have to, if he ever wanted to make it across the entirety of Mizahar. Of course, he'd need friends.. he'd need something to give him an advantage, whether it was in fact a person or whether it was some kind of animated monster, or just a creature summoned from another world willing to help him in his endeavours. He couldn't just rely on them, either way.. it just wasn't going to happen. Putting his life in the hands of another person, whether they were Pycon, human or whatever other race, was never something the hedgehog would consent to unless it was of the absolute importance.. and that meant that he'd have to put up with putting his life on the line out here, in the relative-near comfort of the Unforgiving, in order to make sure he wouldn't be doing the same when he went into unknown, potentially not-so-forgiving land.

The Unforgiving being forgiving? What was his mind becoming.

The streets were wide but the people were wider, and unfortunately even the revered Ethaefal sometimes didn't look where they were going. The little click-clacking of his stick made some look left or right - even behind them, as if that was going to make a damn difference - before continuing on their way. Those that did see him, simply stared for long and quiet moments. He knew exactly what they wanted to know.. he'd not seen too many other Pycons around the city but word of mouth got around very quickly about what would happen if a Pycon did appear and the Shinya noticed. Investigations, interrogations.. that was the last thing he wanted. Explaining himself to other creatures, giving them tips on how to kill him or otherwise make use of his body and mind.. goodness, there was somewhere darker still than the depths of Ukalas that Rhysol himself dictated.

After hobbling and stumbling through the streets for an indeterminable amount of time, likely no more than a few chimes and yet it felt indefinitely longer - mostly because of the constant threat of being trodden upon - he reached the gates. There were some wandering in and out, never really stopping.. there were a few people casually strolling back and forth along the length of the gates, apparently waiting for certain people. They were likely just as unimportant. One person in particular caught his attention.. mostly because she looked like she wasn't really sure what she was even doing herself. Approaching people that strolled casually by, as though she didn't even exist.. just standing between the crowds, like a ghost that was doing an excellent job at materializing but doing horribly at whatever it had materialized for. He stared at her for a few long moments, bewildered with the sight, but soon decided that enough was enough.

"I'M LOOKING FOR A WILDERNESS GUIDE." His baritone voice stopped a few people in their tracks as they glanced back to the shouting little hedgehog that stood practically in the middle of the road. Well... he was looking for a wilderness guide, after all. If there was one, they'd come forwards. If not, he'd just have to brave the Unforgiving by himself and be damned if he didn't succeed. It was certainly easier than approaching each person in turn as they came and left, asking them in his quiet voice if they were a wilderness guide he could possibly hire for a day or three.
Cyq
A Tiny Terror

Words: 116393
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2014, 5:33 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cyna Redsun on October 3rd, 2014, 6:48 am

“I’M LOOKING FOR A WILDERNESS GUIDE!”

Cyna’s eyes scanned for the person that had shouted out, her eyes landing on what appeared to be a rodent walking towards her. That couldn’t be her client, she had prepared herself for the unexpected but this was a bit much. It was going to be an unusual trip that much was for sure as her eyes gazed upon the little hedgehog. She took a few steps toward the deep voiced little creature with each step closer she began to notice that the creature was made of varying shades of clay. It was a pycon, Cyna had run into one once before. This development made Cyna a bit giddy, it was a rare exciting experience to meet a pycon.

“I’m a guide” She said looking down at the little clay creature. “My name is Cyna Redsun” Bowing to the creature as a show of respect that was common in Lhavit. “How far are you looking to go, I know my way around out to the surrounding mountains of Kalea” Cyna knelt down bringing her knee down to the ground and held out her hand for the clay creature to walk onto. “Typical rate is 5-7 Kina a day depending on the situation’s we run into” Cyna had stood back up, walking to her mare double checking to make sure everything was okay and ready for the journey.

“It would be quicker if you rode with me on the horse, but first we will have to hike down the peaks by foot or risk injury.”

Cyna unsheathed her sword part way inspecting the blade quickly before sheathing it back, looking over the straps on her shield her fingers running over the claw marks a bear had etched into the steel a few days before. She tightened the horse saddle straps up a bit, ran her hands over all the bags opening a few as she took a mental note of what she had. Cyna’s fall had started out interesting and another trip into the wild would only prove to be another adventure that she couldn't wait to begin. Grabbing the reins she got ready to lead the horse out of the gate, turning back to the pycon to double check if he was ready.

"Was there anything you needed to grab before we left?"
Cyna Redsun
Brutal, simple, efficient.

Words: 33171
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2014, 3:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cyq on October 4th, 2014, 6:04 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Mercifully, it wasn't very long before he got a reply and most of those that had been wandering about the gates moved on with their own lives. A risk - after all, he was sure the Shinya would be a little intrigued - but a worthwhile one, it seemed. By the time his new guide had finished bowing, the hedgehog had already turned and was in the process of leaving the city through the gates. "Greetings. I'm Cyq, and I'll be your employer over the coming days." Goodness, it was such a swing.. but then again, he was paying her for her services. Now he held control over her.. just the way he liked it, really. "We'll talk on the way. I doubt it'll be very far.. I have no interest in wasting several days simply travelling back and forth when there is little need for it." As long as they were far away from the city to not be interrupted in their daily work, then he wouldn't care. There were small preferences, but he didn't bother voicing them.

"I don't need, or want you to carry me." He could see what she was going for - why did these humans all seem to think the same thing when they saw a smaller creature like him? He wasn't as defenseless and fragile as they believed. The day would come where he would conjure fireballs with a practiced ease, and then they would understand, perhaps. Not today, though.. not just yet. Although he had objection to the girl carrying him, a horse was less insulting - they were fast and large creatures, after all. "Then we will ride on horse, when it is safe. Until then, gather up what you need and let's go." It was somewhat amusing to think, even as he glanced back to that behemoth of a horse, that he could likely fit comfortably into one of those saddle-bags and ride out the entire journey without ever knowing it happened. Quite an interesting idea.. riding out a journey without knowing about it. Who knew what kind of delivery services were around Mizahar, that would be willing to carry a small package the length of the world..

Those were thoughts for another time. "If I hadn't brought everything I needed before coming out here and shouting at the top of my non-existent lungs for a guide, I would look quite stupid, wouldn't I." He wasn't offended, particularly.. just wondering just how competent the girl thought he was around himself. All she'd done was ask questions, as if he might not be sure of what he wanted.
Cyq
A Tiny Terror

Words: 116393
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2014, 5:33 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes