[Verified by Crosspatch] Koran Frostfawn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Koran Frostfawn

Postby Koran Frostfawn on October 9th, 2014, 2:43 am

Koran Frostfawn

Basic Information
Race: Vantha
Birthday: 10, Winter, 495.
Birthplace: Avanthal
Current place of residence: Lhavit
OOCMy posting will probably be between tuesdays and thursdays. I work monday friday saturday and sunday so anything that needs a lot of detail will probably take me more time than alotted before work.

Appearance: ImageAt 5'7'' and 145 lbs Koran is neither an intimidating figure nor does he look as if he can't take care of himself. Ever since his arrival at Lhavit and his residence at the Solar Wind Apartments he is very well kept in his looks. Due to his Vantha race he has dark almond skin and unusually jet black hair. He keeps his hair short and spiky even in winter months, being a Vantha winter doesn't usually cause him anything to fuss over. His facial hair is trimmed and tidy, a mustache and small amount of beard always kept very very short. His eyes, like all Vantha, change according to mood. However, Koran's usual default becomes a dark chocolate brown.

Character Concept

Personality: Koran is a very happy Vantha and is filled with joy, life, focus, and determination to do anything he sets his mind to. Koran usually defaults to two moods, friendly and joking or focused serious and determined when at work on a a task or at study. Both of these are a facade to hide his homesickness and pain of his past which is ever present to his mind.

He has negative philosophies in his world views because of his past.. Because of the cruelty of a few he has lost his trust in people. In no way does this mean he is unkind and would not help others, far from it. He loves to help, when he is able, and will always lend a hand even to his own detriment. However, he is slow to trust people or entrust them with sensitive information about what he is doing or about personal or important information. Those who consider themselves remotely close to him, would realize even after seasons upon seasons of interaction with him he would know nearly everything about them but they would surprisingly know almost next to nothing about him. He is very closed off but he is not unfriendly and will make friends, though he would most likely know them as casual contacts at best since he doesn't make true or close friends easily. He hides a great amount of pain through a happy facade but if pressed to reveal anything about...well anything one would find themselves extremely disappointed. Koran also has great contempt for anyone who does not contribute to survival or the good of people. Growing up in Avanthal almost everyone had a job and contributed to the survival of others and its people. He as no love or patience for those he sees as useless to society.

Ethics: Koran trusts very few but himself and any he finds he can let himself warm up to. Although he won't trust someone he would help them if they were in need. Because of past cruelty he has a very black and white sense of right and wrong. He has few people he calls a true or close friend and few he cares about strongly but if any would be counted among them he would be fiercely loyal and ferociously defend them. The people who would wrong him in the slightest way instantly become enemies.

miscellaneous: Koran can be called "Ko" on occasion as a nickname usually used by people close to him. Koran has many scars from his time in captivity namely long red scars along his back and burn marks on his right forearm. Despite the scarring he still maintains full function and ability in all of his body. Koran is primarily right handed and if forced to use his left hand will find it nearly impossible to do complex tasks. Koran has a very low and lilting voice and almost sounds sing-song when spoken. Koran never feels the need to fill silence with the need to talk but will allow thoughts to sink in and let silence sit so he may think. This often creates long pauses in discussion that may make others feel uncomfortable. Koran often likes to read whatever he can, though in Avanthal the library was lacking in many things. One of his hobbies is learning anything he can from books. He has no hobbies as of yet besides reading as all of his energy is used in things to perform his job. Koran detests excessive and useless noise. Things that don't provide music or entertainment they are just there to make noise, it seems useless. The most relaxing activites can be found in quiet solitude such as reading and meditating. Koran can easily be embarrassed by failing at something or by somehow having personal things be brought out in public. For all this and much more please see the below questions answered in chracter, these are just the most important things to Koran but lots of other important stuff can be found in the questions.

Character History & Recap

OOCthis is in summary form I will write all history in flashback threads that will be completely developed.

(Prior to 514 AV)

Koran was a young hunter in the Frostfawn hold within the eternally frozen northen city of Avanthal. He had an excellent family life and a steady romantic life. An asset to his hold and the city. The life Koran led in Avanthal had it's normal troubles and tribulations but it was semi-charmed in a nice quiet simplistic way. He even had a Kelvic bird friend who hunted along his side. All that changed one day in the Talderan wilderness, Summer 512 a season after the djed storm.

The hunt had gone well, Koran had just checked all of his traps and found a very small Talderan snow hare...well as small as a Talderan hare can get. He was just letting the rabbit bleed out to carry it in his backpack when he was knocked over the head by something or someone. He awoke in a cage surrounded by various people, a couple Vantha, a winged blue person, and several other people. He heard them talking amongst themselves, glad they were to escape Svanhildur and capture some prey. One of the captors mentioned they would have to sell him to slavers soon, they were on the run after all.

For almost two years the slavers he was sold to, whom were not the creatures who had abducted him, held him and tormented and tortured the young Frostfawn in hopes of coaxing submission out of him.The leader thought the Vantha and their ever-changing eyes and unique look would appeal to others in far-off regions. Like trying to get blood from a block of ice Koran refused to move, to speak or to even look at his captors. This he did in hopes they would soon give up on him and kill him. After much time of feeding him and efforts to keep him alive Koran heard some of the slavers discussing his murder. One of them mentioned that killing him this close to the city would incur suspicion and investigation. Koran shortly blacked out once again for an unknown reason but when he woke up he had a knot on the back of his head and he woke up in the wilderness.

About three days passed in the wilderness of Kalea, an unfamiliar and dangerous place for him as he was used to surviving in the frozen north and couldn't identify any plants or the dangers of any of the animals. A hunter found him after that and brought him to the nearest city, cold, starving, diseased, and near death. the hunter cared for him back to health and offered Koran a home. Still too proud, he left in the beginning of Summer of 514 to somehow make a life in the new city pf Lhavit in hopes of returning to Avanthal one day. (Thread link to flashback pending).
Language

Fluent Language: Vani
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: none, as Avanthal is secluded and he has met few outsiders.

Eye Guide

Burnt orange: Sorrow/ emotional pain

Royal purple: Frustration

Chocolate brown: default/ a normal calm mood

Sunshine Yellow: excitement/ anxiety

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Hunting 15 SP 15 Novice
Weapon : Shortbow, Composite 15 SP 15 Novice
Wilderness Survival: Tundra 15 SP 15 Novice
Carving 10 RB 10 Novice
Tracking 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores:
Lore of Lhavit Streetplan
Lore of Religion: Morwen

Possessions

Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots

Toiletries
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor

Hunting Related
-1 Backpack
-Flint & Steel

Weapons

Kits

Archery Equipment

Miscellaneous
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife

Heirloom: One silver necklace engraved with his family symbol.

Housing

House:

A simple room in The Solar Wind Apartments rented for 3 kina per month, 9 kina per season.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 Kina 100 Kina
Cashed in Housing +500 Kina 600 Kina
Fall 514 AV Simple Room Rent 3x3 Kina/season -9 Kina 591 Kina
Fall 514 AV Seasonal Living Expenses Poor -45 Kina 546 Kina

Thread List
Flashbacks :
Winter 5, 510 AV: Freezing Together (Nanami)
Summer 5, 514 AV: The Amaranthine Gates
Last edited by Koran Frostfawn on October 24th, 2014, 2:39 am, edited 28 times in total.
Koran Frostfawn
Koran Frostfawn
Player

Words: 41852
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2014, 4:34 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Koran Frostfawn

Postby Koran Frostfawn on October 11th, 2014, 12:34 am

Gnosis Level Description
Ice Reaving 1 The singularly marked individual is completely at ease in the cold. The presence of Morwens mark acts as antifreeze that warms the individuals blood and keeps them comfortable even in subzero temperatures. Exposed tissue can still freeze when faced with severe temperatures, but individuals are not at all prone to hypothermia if they are well protected against the weather. They may in fact even feel ‘comfortable’ in colder climates and indeed uncomfortable in warmer climates. At this stage, Ice Reavers can control the temperature of ice, melting it or freezing it in small portions. It is not unheard of for an Ice Reaver to scoop up a pot of snow, tap their gnosis, and have a pot of ice water instead ready for cooking. Ice Reavers at this level have the ability to tell how thick a piece of ice is - such as the surface of a lake - and can determine whether it is safe or not to hold weight. At this level, Ice Reavers can tap their gnoses and shape ice that is already formed as sculptors might - loosening and causing it to shed away until the pattern they want is formed. Ice Reavers at this level cannot create ice nor manipulate large portions of ice. They cannot, for example, thaw portions of a surface of a lake, but they can take the existing ice and reshape it or melt it. They can only change the viscosity of about a standard 10 gallons of water at a time. If conditions are cold and they try to repeat this process over and over again to achieve what a higher level Ice Reaver could, they would find their manipulations refreezing behind them as they worked.
Last edited by Koran Frostfawn on October 22nd, 2014, 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Koran Frostfawn
Koran Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Koran Frostfawn

Postby Koran Frostfawn on October 19th, 2014, 3:53 am

Getting to Know Koran

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Koran Frostfawn
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
I have been called "Ko" before
3. How old are you?
4. What is your height?
5 foot 7 inches
5. What is your weight?
145 pounds

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I'm ok looking I guess, I don't like my scars very much but they bring up bad memories and I dislike them cosmetically.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
I don't know, they probably think I look normal, maybe in Lhavit I have a sort of exotic look but maybe not since there are all types in Lhavit.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
I like my ever-changing eyes and my hair the most as they show my Vantha heritage the most.
4. How physically fit are you?
I have an athletic build, not too muscular but enough to pull a bow string and launch an arrow and fit enough to survive in the wilderness for a few days but I'm no bodybuilder.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I dress for the wheather and don't pay much attention to style, such things don't hold much interest for me.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My parents are Faen Frostfawn and Juna Frostfawn. Faen is a decent hunter and provider for the Frostfawn hold and Juna is an excellent care taker for animals that the Frostfawn's keep. They are very kind and friendly people and always help anyone they can when given the chance. They love and adore animals with all their hearts. In short they are like typical Frostfawns.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
none
3. What is your extended family like?
Everyone in the Frostfawn hold was like family, but anyone related by blood I've never met. It's always just been the three of us.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
They are family as far as I'm concerned
5. Do you treat animals like family?
See the above response.

Avanthal
2. Where do you live now?
Lhavit
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I've only been to Lhavit and Avanthal...so Avanthal between the two of them, it IS home.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
No
5. Where do you fear to be?
I fear to be anywhere where death is certain. However, if theres a chance for several yea ill take it and risk it.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I have several scars on my back and burn marks on my right fore arm. The burns are very noticeable.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Vani, Common and Jamourian. I have a low lilting voice that comes out as sing-song to some.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I have horrible social anxiety and crippling shyness. Social situations are almost unbearable. As a Vantha as well, I let my eyes do my emotional talking. My voice still has emotional inflection to it but I will often make eye contact or stare at someone despite my social anxieties if I realize my emotions are shifting for my eyes will shift with them so this lets other people know which emotion I am having at that moment, at least people close to me. I often forget that most people don't know what my orange eyes mean as opposed to my ocean blue.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
No. I don't think I will get any. If I did it would be for their artistic appeal or for some sort of symbolism.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Hunter
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love my work, I love being outside and tracking down game, taking hours or days to track down and finally triumph over the animal after trying to outwit one another.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
At present I wish to be nothing more than who I am.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I admire those who defend the innocent or defenseless the most. There is much honor in such an occupation.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
Any occupation, if they can be called such, which does not contribute to society or the survival of the city or people.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I was an adventurous child and when I wasn't exploring Avanthal and geting away from my parents I was reading any scraps of paper the library could offer me.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
My favorite memory is my father taking me on my first hunting trip when I was seven.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
My worst memory was the day his hawk died, a gift from his father on his ninth birthday. The hawk died when he was twelve.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
A very good one. I am very close to them.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
My father.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
Informal. The Frostfawn hold taught me almost everything I know.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I adore learning!!!
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
My father and the other Frostfawns
4. How do you learn best?
Through reading or through performing the skill I'm learning.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I wish to learn anything I can, though I don't have any specific goal right now.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Not usually, I don't trust people enough to let them get close. I was captured from Avanthal shortly after the massive djed storm melted Svanhildur and let loose the criminals within.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
See the above.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I am attracted to women as I've always been but I've never thought of involving myself with another gender or anything else that may exist for that matter. I wouldn't say I would be opposed to it but I don't know how I would feel about it either.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Well yea of course I have. I was ten and I was kissed spontaneously by a girl in the Frostfawn hold because she said she wanted to see what it was like. It wasn't anything special but hey you asked.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
Nope.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Nope
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
No, I prefer once in a while.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Ale
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
No
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
Anything that messes with your mind or mood is wrong and evil. Alcohol is fin when in moderation but using it in excess is wrong. I would never use a drug or excessively use alcohol, it's wrong for others to do so but it is not my job to regulate such things...yet

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
Carving and reading
2. Do you like to read?
Yes
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Excessive and unneeded noise.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Reading, solitude, and meditation
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
Public speaking and socialization due to my anxieties and fear. Personal business being discussed or brought out, I dislike discussing things like this unless with people I deem close to me.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
red, blue, purple
2. What is your favorite time of day?
night
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
a deer being born
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I love flavored ice!!! I hate to eat very spicy things, they burn >.<!!
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I am a happy pessimist, someone who goes the world sucks and people usually suck but eh who cares and goes on his happy way.
2. What are your religious views?
Respect those who can blow the crap out of you of course but I've only ever known about Morwen and I respect and admire her. If any other gods or goddesses i find out about appeal to me of course I would respect and admire them.
3. Would you be able to kill?
I don't know, thats pretty heavy and I think it would have to be extreme circumstances for me to do something like that but we shall have to see if I find myself in that situation.
4. What are your views on sex?
I don't know never had it o.O People say it's nice.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Being happy, nothing else matters in life.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
The best thing I ever did was I helped find a little girls doll given to her by her mother. The worst thing I had ever done was to put a Taldearn Longneck near death out of its misery, while not ethically immoral it was a painful lesson and a difficult thing to do.
2. What is your greatest regret?
I don't have any regrets in life that were my own doing thus far. I regret getting captured and spirited away from my home but that wasn't my choice.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
My best memory is hunting in the wilds of Avanthal with my kelvic friends.My worst memory is being captured by criminals escaped from Svanhildur and sold into slavery.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
Not being captured and sold into slavery...that would have been awesome.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
I have upheld my ancestry as a hunter, and I have found I'm decent at it.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Very when I express them, but I don't express them frequently
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I hate criminals for obvious reasons already detailed. I dislike zith as well, I find them horrible creatures that participate in the worst this world has to offer. Anything else I have not come across or I found pleasant.
3. What makes you happy?
The wilderness, hunting, reading.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
my family and friends, but they are far away now.
5. What makes you angry?
I'm very slow to anger but anything that comes as a threat to my family or close friends would set me off in a second.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
Kindly and friendly.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
No one right now. The most important people in my life are in a far off frozen paradise.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
My parents, they uphold the Frostfawn hold and perform their duties expertly. I respect them greatly for that.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
Nope. Someone strong, beautiful, elegant, not afraid of dirt or work and dedicated to her job or hobbies.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
No, I don;t trust many people and none of those are around me in this city.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I avoid conflict at almost all costs.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
No I do not o.o
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
No. I get very nervous in large groups of people.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
Yes I do. I don't like feeling embarrassed or nervous. I think it makes me look weak.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
Depends on who it is. Everyone is their own person but people are generally distrustful so I like to keep my cards close to the vest.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I strive for perfection.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
I think it's that I do not have the skills to reach perfection yet.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would change the fact that I don't trust people. I wish I could at times.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Introverted
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
Organized

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
Morwen
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
I don't know any others to fear them.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
Not currently
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
Almost any.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
If I wouldn't do it for a close friend or family or if it goes against my morals I won't do it without good reason.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
I live for learning and enjoying life.
2. What is the best part of life?
Finding the little joys of it.
3. What is the best part of death?
Not having the worries life brings anymore
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
In epic battle and in the most over the top holy crap way to go
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I would want to be remembered as a respectable Vantha who was legendary at his job and contributed to his society.
Last edited by Koran Frostfawn on October 20th, 2014, 11:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Koran Frostfawn
Koran Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes