[Kabrin Road] Mount,Road,Novice(Training)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Stag Fern on October 21st, 2010, 9:12 am

51 Fall 510, A.V

The morning chill was creeping up Stag as he led his new zavian horse just outside the city. In leading his horse he was pretty good at it his horse was pretty tame and at the same time obedient. He was going to practice his riding skills in none other then the Kabrin Road it's a fairly easy track perfect for a beginer like himself.Getting there was the easiest part after all all he's doing right now is pulling his horse. When they reached the outside Stag let out a sigh and talked to a guard that he'd be back later and with that he lead his horse even deeper to the road. Finding a nice wide spot on the road Stag examined his horse.The saddle had stayed with the horse the entire night with the saddle bags the Halter and lead stayed on the horse. First he let the horse graze the grass for a bit letting munch on the morning goodness of the newley wet plantation. Stag also felt a little grumble and went to snack on some of his own food Hmm what to name this horse hmm. His horse then stated frolocking and raised itself on two hind legs trying to reach an apple just overhead but it was just out of reach. Seeing this Stag climed the tree picked the apple and jumped down then offered it to the horse. THe horse sniffed it a bit then reluctantly devoured it in one bite. Wide eyed Stag looked at his horse and then said to him "I've got it your name is now Daraq in ancient tounge it means similar you and me we are alike my dad taught me that word when I was a child...who knew" and with that he slowly got on his "Daraq"

On top of Daraq he felt good he grabed the lead and then gently he tapped his heels to Daraq's side. "Woah easy there who knew that would work" said Stag already working up a sweat he gently tugged on the lead and Daraq stopped. Hey this is easy i bet I could learn everything I need to know in about one bell Stag thought he was sadly farther from the truth. When stag tried to turn he didn't know how at all. He tried telling his horse left but it would stop. He tried pulling on the lead but that just made it stop or made it go backwards. Gotta remember that one he thought as he tried to turn left. It's already been 2 bells when Stag decided to let Daraq rest. He let Daraq eat the grass again as he lay down, occasionly he would see a passing knight or a horse man and he would carefully study the way the legs and hands moved and he would burn it to his mind until he knows that certain move but everytime he tried "burning" a new movement he almost always forgets the old one. When he thought that Daraq was rested he got on him. First he let him go to a slow trot by gently tapping his sides next he tried a turn, by pulling the lead so Daraq would turn his head.
He turned a bit but only a bit then he tried a again this time by adding only one tap at either side, when Stag wanted left he would tap the left side of Daraq and then pull the lead to the left and something magical happened it actually worked though Daraq wouldn't continue turning for long and then stop.

Well I am a beginer at this but i think this is fairly good he thought but as a final challenge to himself Stag decided to ride all the way back. When he arrived back to his inn it was just about noon then something unspectacular happened he found out about riding sores.
Stag Fern
Wildling

Words: 39022
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Ataraxia on October 30th, 2010, 8:15 am

Stag
XP
Animal Husbandry + 1, Riding + 1, Observation + 1
Lore
Kindness to a Horse | Learning to ride through observing others | Riding Sores

Comments
Hey Stag, pretty short thread here. I could hand out my XP and lores if you made them a bit longer! :) I sent you a PM already, message me back when you get a moment. As always, if you have any issues with XP/Lores I have awarded, just let me know.
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)