[Unverified] Kerra

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kerra

Postby Kerra on November 10th, 2014, 4:23 am

Kerra

Basic Information

Race: Kelvic

Birthday: 11th Spring, 514

Birthplace: Sunberth

Languages: Common (Fluent)

Appearance:

Kerra is a young kelvic, appearing to be a gangly girl of ten or twelve in her human form. Despite her status as property, Kerra has been treated relatively well thanks to the potential profit that she could bring in the markets. At least, she's been fed well enough that she's not clearly malnourished. As such, she appears much like any other girl her age, if a little thinner and more wary.

Long, brown hair with a faint hint of red in it tumbles over her shoulders, perhaps coming to the small of her back. She's never had it cut, and it's only clean because her owners have ensured she was properly bathed most of the time. The girl's skin is fair, though with the healthy flush of youth that many slaves lack. There are no scars on her, though she's always got a bruise or two from occasional discipline for one misbehavior or another.

Thanks to the rapid growth that is characteristic of her race, Kerra is a bit more awkward than most, limbs just a tad longer than she's used to at any given moment. Even so, she moves with an odd fluidity that hints at the gracefulness she will grow into.

The girl's eyes are catlike, though blue, betraying the animal side of her to anyone who notices. A bit less obvious are her teeth, some of which are subtly more pointed than normal. Her ears have a habit of twitching now and again, especially when she is listening closely or when something loud startles her.

In her animal form, Kerra is an orange tabby cat with fur significantly brighter than her hair in her human form, though there is a clear similarity between them. The cat's underside is pure white, along with the insides of her legs and her paws. Though this coloring is more often found in male cats, it is hardly rare enough to warrant more than comment from anyone who would even notice. She is a bit smaller than the average female, little more than a kitten as of now, though large enough to be more properly referred to as a young cat rather than a kitten.

Kerra carries herself with the timid cautiousness of one who has been raised under the threat of punishment, always alert for an incoming blow no matter what form she is in. Depending on the circumstances, she may either seem completely carefree or hunched over, ready to flee at a moment's notice. The latter is, understandably, more common.

As of now, Kerra's clothing is limited to a ragged blanket, considering the life she's led. Even then, she uses it more for protection against the cold than for covering. For that matter, she tends to prefer her feline form in the cooler seasons, while opting to remain humanoid when the weather is warm enough.

Character History

Kerra is a bred Kelvic, destined for the Sunberthan slave market from birth. She does not know who her parents are, and is too young to much care about it. As it stands, Kerra's personality is largely undeveloped. Despite the near-mindless existence she's had to live, the girl has managed to form a sense of individuality...As well as a certain mischievous streak. Whenever possible, she'll cause trouble just to break the monotony, and has been known to dart out of her cage whenever the slightest opportunity presents itself. This has earned her a few bruises now and again, but marring a kelvic not meant for hard labor was frowned upon, so she was usually willing to keep on with her behavior regardless of punishment.

Kerra has lived her whole life in a series of cages, either in the company of others of her race or isolated in cramped kennels. As a result, she lacks the strength and endurance even the average girl her apparent age would possess. She is, however, very comfortable in cramped conditions, and can spend days in a cage with barely room to move without being unduly troubled. When distressed, she finds comfort in tight spaces, though she otherwise enjoys being out in the open.

Kerra was born in a warehouse. It was a sort of ramshackle breeding facility for Kelvics meant for sale in Sunberth. It was a dank place, small and cramped enough that none of the breeding Kelvics were particularly healthy. She spent perhaps two months there, and was kept only long enough for her to shift for the first time so that she could be identified as a Kelvic of a certain type and sold to a private owner. Thankfully, she hadn't been a rodent Kelvic, or she would have almost certainly been kept for breeding.

Her first real owner (her second, by Kerra's reckoning) was an innkeeper who wanted some cheap, loyal labor for her work. A Kelvic wasn't as long-lived or affordable as a human slave, but the innkeeper had meant to keep her both for chores and for renting out to those who wanted company. Kerra, ever the troublesome one, would hardly stay inside. Whenever she was left alone, she'd be found lying outside in one form or the other, basking in the sun. Even after being put on a leash with a lock and kept in the kitchens, she still managed to slip away whenever someone left a knife in arm's reach for her to cut her leash. As an added difficulty, it was almost impossible to keep clothes on the Kelvic, no matter how many times she was switched for the infraction. She simply saw no purpose in it. They itched, besides. That offended some patrons and drew others of the wrong sort for the innkeeper's liking.

So, Kerra was sold off to her third owner. This one was a sort of animal trainer who wanted a challenge. He took her at a discount thanks to her reputation as a troublemaker, and kept her in a warehouse designed to house actual animals that were being trained...Or sold for food, depending. He tried everything to get Kerra to listen, ranging from switching to beating to even locking her in a cage meant for a smaller animal. By the end of it, he was simply so frustrated that he tossed her out into the street, cage and all.

Before he could calm down and retrieve her, a rather fortunate dealer in illegal goods became her fourth owner. He wanted a pet for his two-year-old daughter, and thought that a kitten would do quite well. By then, Kerra was halfway through her second season, and still seemed much like a cute kitten. When he coaxed the cat out of the cage at his house, the feine didn't shy away from his young daughter like he'd expected. Instead, she trotted right up to the girl, nuzzled with her and played until the pair were both asleep. Much to the merchant's surprise, he later found his daughter cuddled up with a Kelvic who looked to be seven or eight years old, both sleeping peacefully. Ten seconds and one rude awakening later, he realized that Kerra was, in fact, a Kelvic when she jerked awake, screamed in surprise, and shifted back into a feline to hide under the couch.

As soon as he realized his new find's worth (and convinced her to come out from under the couch), the man took his daughter's new pet away and stored her away in another cage. This one, at least, was big enough for her to shift into her human form without risk of harm. He kept Kerra in the warehouse where he stored all the goods he meant to sell, either in the city or smuggled into another, and only brought her to his daughter whenever the girl's whining about her lost pet became insistent enough.

In time, Kerra found herself sold to a traveling merchant hoping to make a larger profit elsewhere. It was perfectly sensible, since people in Sunberth were having hard times then and she could not be sold for a premium.

Though Kerra has experienced a singularly unpleasant upbringing, she does not pity herself. She takes one day at a time, as is normal for her race, and enjoys the good while trying to avoid the bad. Granted, it helps that she does not know any other life, so she cannot be dissatisfied with the one she currently has.

Last edited by Kerra on December 6th, 2014, 11:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kerra
Player

Words: 19910
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2014, 12:44 am
Character sheet

Kerra

Postby Kerra on November 10th, 2014, 5:20 am

Resources

Skills:

Physical
Skill Progress Total Proficiency
Foraging + 10 RB 10 Novice
Escape Artist + 5 SP 5 Novice
Singing + 10 SP 10 Novice
Stealth + 10 SP 10 Novice
Climbing + 15 SP 15 Novice

Mental
Persuasion +5 SP 5 Novice
Observation +5 SP 5 Novice

Social

Magic

Ledger:

Fall - 514 A.V.
Transaction Transfer Total
*She's got no money, so this is empty for the moment.

Possessions:

Clothing
A ragged blanket that can cover Kerra, when she's cold.

Housing
N/A
Last edited by Kerra on November 10th, 2014, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerra
Player

Character sheet

Kerra

Postby Kerra on November 10th, 2014, 12:16 pm

Knowledge

Lores:

Fall - 514 A.V.
Lore of Kelvic Slave Upbringing
Lore of Sneaking Off from Owners

Threads:

Fall - 514 A.V.
Fall X, 514 - Template

Active
Last edited by Kerra on December 6th, 2014, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerra
Player

Character sheet

Kerra

Postby Kerra on November 14th, 2014, 3:19 pm

Kerra

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
"My last owner named me Kerra."

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
"I don't care what people call me. My name changes all the time."

3. How old are you?
"...Two, three seasons? I don't know. That's probably in the papers my owners get when they buy me."

4. What is your height?
"I think I'm a little over four and a half feet? They never tell me when they measure me."

5. What is your weight?
"I don't know. I think it's ninety or ninety-five pounds."

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
"I see myself as myself. I don't ever think about it, except when I'm near a mirror, which almost never happens. I think myself the same as all the other pets I've seen in the kennels, whether they're Kelvic or not."

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
"Everyone else sees me as a slender Kelvic slave. I'm cute as a cat, and as a girl too, but I don't seem as smart as a human girl who looks the same age. That's just because I don't get the chance to prove I'm smart. I'm plenty smart, thank you very much."

3. What is your favorite body feature?
"Most of my buyers said they liked my eyes. They all sold me, though, so I don't know about that."

4. How physically fit are you?
"For a girl who's lived her whole life in cages, I think I'm pretty fit. I can't run as fast or for as long as most, but as a cat I move fast enough to outrun most humans. For a little while, anyway."

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
"I don't. I've never worn anything more than a ratty, oversized tunic or my blanket. If I were allowed to wear clothes, I'd like something loose that wouldn't be too tight on me. If I could take it off fast so I could shift, I'd like it even more."

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
"I don't know who my parents are. I think they maybe lived where I was born. Caged, like me."

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
"I think so, but I don't know."

3. What is your extended family like?
"What's extended family?"

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
"I don't have close friends or family... I wish I did. I think I'd like either one."

5. Do you treat animals like family?
"...I'm an animal, aren't I? I'm put in cages, like all the others."

"I was born in a Kelvic breeding house in Sunberth, but I don't know that."

2. Where do you live now?
"I live in my owner's warehouse. It's cold in here, and dark. I don't like the cold."

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
"What's Mizahar? All I know is the city I was born in."

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
"Leisure time? I spend all my time in a cage. If I'm not entertaining someone or being shown off, I just sit in here."

5. Where do you fear to be?
"I'd be afraid to be in a kennel. I hate being surrounded by other Kelvics. It's too hot and loud and crowded. And smelly, too. I think I'd hate being left alone in the cold, too. I like having people around, but not too many."

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
"I'm a little more frail than most people, but I'm not damaged. My owners never hit me too hard; they don't want me to be worth less because of scars or broken bones."

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
"I'm right-handed. That means using one hand more than the other, right?"

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
"I speak Common and I can talk to other cats. In Common, I'm pretty slow. Since my owners never want me to talk much, it takes me a couple seconds to come up with what I want to say. I can talk to felines much faster, since I used to do it all the time when we were all packed into a kennel."

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
"I hesitate when I'm speaking, since I have to think to come up with the right words. Plus, if I want to impress someone, I'll keep trying to do things for them and never leave them alone. My owners usually say I like to get into trouble, too, but I don't see anything wrong with that."

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
"I don't have anything like that. Piercings look like they hurt. If one of my owners ever makes me get a tattoo or a piercing, I won't be happy with them for a while. Could I even still shift with something like a piercing?"

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
"I don't have an occupation. All my owners keep me as a pet. I think I'd like to do something useful to make my owners happy, though. Maybe they'll let me out of my cage more often if I do."

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
"I'd like a job that lets me move around a lot. If it's something that involves a lot of sitting or being in the same place, I'd hate it. I think I'd love anything that has me outside, being active."

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
"I don't know. I don't see any. I guess whatever my owner does."

5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
"I don't like slavers. They're all mean and harsh. I hate being punished for just having a little fun."

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
"I've been mischievous for most of my life. I like getting in trouble and pushing the boundaries of the limits my owners put on me."

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
"I think my favorite memory was of being allowed to play with other Kelvics in the play pens of my first home. It was nice to have fun with others without being hurt afterward."

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
"My worst memory? I don't know. Maybe when my second owner caught me sneaking out of my cage. I couldn't move for a week without hurting, after she got through with me."

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
"I never knew my parents. I think they were nice, though. I hope they were."

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
"I met a Kelvic at my second home. The kennel was cramped, so we were stuck pressed up against each other through our cages. She was older, and knew a lot more about the outside world. She taught me about trees, and the sky. I hope she's with good owners."

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
"I've never been to school. I don't mind, though. I think I'd hate it, anyway."

2. Do you like/dislike learning?
"I love learning, but only things I want to learn. If it's fun to learn, then I have no problem with it. If it's hard or boring, I think I'll just end up doing something more fun."

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
"I don't know how to do much, but most of it was just practice. I can get out of cages really well now, but only when they aren't made Kelvic-proof. I think I'm good at singing, and I've had to barter a lot with other Kelvics, so they wouldn't take my food during feeding time."

4. How do you learn best?
"I learn with my hands. If I can learn through practice, I'll learn fastest. Show me how to do it, don't tell me. I'd lose focus really fast if someone tried to teach me how to do something through a lecture."

5. What are your educational goals for the future?
"I'd like to learn how to be useful to my owner. A Kelvic told me about the bond; I want to be worth something so I can bond with someone nice."

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
"I've never been able to form many close friendships, but only because I'm never kept in the same place long, and I'm never allowed to spend a lot of time with others."

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
"If someone's nice to me, I'll trust them immediately. If they're mean, I won't."

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
"I'm not sure. I don't think about any of that kind of stuff. That will probably be something I worry about later."

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
"Never. I've only seen people doing that. I don't think I'd be allowed to."

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
"Not that, either. I've seen animals, both Kelvic and not, doing that, and I knew what it was through instinct. My instincts tell me that I don't need to worry about that anytime soon. Maybe in a few seasons."

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
"No, never."

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
"I don't know. I don't even know what alcohol is."

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
"I guess any kind that tastes good."

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
"No, never on purpose. I think I've been put to sleep a couple times, though. Once or twice, when I ate something, I don't remember anything afterward. I'm not sure why it happened, though."

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
"I think it's people's business what they do. It's not for me to say."

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
"I've never been allowed to have any hobbies. I like exploring, though. And sneaking around. Climbing, too. Anything active is fun."

2. Do you like to read?
"I can't read, and I don't think I'd want to. It looks so boring. Who cares what's in a bunch of paper? I think I'd rather just play with the paper. It makes nice sounds when it rips."

3. What annoys you more than anything else?
"I hate it when people don't quit bothering me when I want to be alone. It makes me uncomfortable."

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
"I love laying out in the sun, and I like climbing around on rooftops. One time, when my owner was chasing me, I got up onto the roofs and he couldn't follow because he was too heavy. The punishment hurt after, but it was worth it."

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
"I don't get embarrassed easily. Maybe if an owner I liked caught me doing something wrong. That's never happened, though. If I don't like them, I just smile about it."

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
"I like red. Red's nice. And green. Blue, too. Like the sky! ...What was the question? Oh! I like any bright colors. All of them."

2. What is your favorite time of day?
"I like any time of day or night. I really like sunrise and sunset, though. I've only seen each once, but they're beautiful. So colorful."

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
"I think the sunrise was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's so magical. First the sky gets brighter, then the sun comes out. It doesn't sound like much, but I'll never forget it."

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
"I like eating people food. I only get it when my owners or their families are pleased with me, though. Even the table scraps are nice. Why don't they ever eat them? That doesn't happen often. I hate the kibble and other food I'm usually fed. It's hard and tastes like dirt."

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
"I really like sunny weather. Cloudy weather is all right, too, but only as long as it's still bright. Windy weather makes me want to stay inside, curled up all warm in my cage with my blanket. Thunderstorms are worst, though. They're so loud and you can't get away from them. During a loud storm, I'll end up yowling loudly in my cat shape or, if I'm allowed to be a girl, I curl into a corner and try to pretend I don't exist."

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
"I'm pretty passive. Whatever happens, happens. I can't change anything, so why try so hard to predict how things will go?"

2. What are your religious views?
"I think the gods are for people. If they take notice of me, I'll be respectful and try to stay out of the way. If they don't bother with me, I won't try to bother them.

3. Would you be able to kill?
"If I was protecting a bondmate, I think I could. Or if I'm not thinking about it. I couldn't kill someone for no reason, though."

4. What are your views on sex?
"I don't know. I guess it will be fun whenever I do it. I don't need to worry about that, though. My instincts will tell me when it's time to start thinking about it."

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
"I think a successful life is one where I'm happy. Where I can go around outside a lot, and where I've got a bondmate. Right now, I feel empty, like my life needs something or someone to help. With a bondmate, I think I'd be happy no matter what."

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
"The worst? I think that might be scratching one of my owners when he tried to bathe me. I was still really young and didn't know better. The best was... I... I don't know anything I've done that was that great. Why does it matter?"

2. What is your greatest regret?
"I regret that I never knew my parents. I wish I could have at least seen them once. I don't remember them at all."

3. What is your best/worst memory?
My worst memory was of getting myself tied up outside my second owner's house in the rain. I was sick with a cold for a week after.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
If I could change one thing, I would have owners who let me walk around, instead of being cooped up in a cage all the time.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
"I haven't done much to be proud of. I just do what I'm told. Most of the time..."

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
"I don't think about hiding my emotions. They're usually pretty obvious. I bet if I tried, I could get good at it."

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
"I don't like people who are always angry or mean. Other than that, I don't judge."

3. What makes you happy?
"I like being able to run around freely and talk to others without being hit. I like climbing, too. And being outside. Sneaking around, too. A lot of things!"

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
"I don't think I'd die for much. Death sounds scary. I think I'd die for my bondmate, though. If anyone ever lets me bond..."

5. What makes you angry?
"I don't get angry much. Pets who get angry get punished. If anything could make me angry, I think a friend of mine being hurt would do it."

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
"I treat others well. If they're people, I try to do what they say (most of the time) and keep out of their way. If they're other Kelvics or animals, I'll sometimes play with them or have fun. If I'm allowed to."

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
"Whoever my owner is. They're the most important, until I get sold again. They tell me what to do and make sure I do it."

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
"I have a hard time with respect. I don't really understand the difference between someone being in authority and someone deserving respect. To me, they're the same thing."

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
"No, I don't. I haven't thought about it; maybe someone who's nice and smiles a lot? As long as they don't keep me in a cage, I think I'd like them."

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
"No, I don't. No one's ever protected me before. Why would they? The only thing I might need protection from is my owners, and they never hurt me that bad. The worst they've ever done is leave a few bruises."

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
"I avoid conflict, since I usually lose. Especially with people."

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
"No, never. Even if I weren't kept locked in a cage, I think I'd be bad at leading. I'll just serve whoever is in charge and make sure they can do their job."

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
"No! I hate crowds. I only go into them if I have to. If I have any choice, I'd sooner go around them."

4. Do you care what others think of you?
"Not really. Only other Kelvics. And maybe my bondmate."

5. What do you think of others, in general?
"I think others are kind of tough on me. I try to keep out of others' way, when I can. If they're nice, I'll be glad to be around them; if not, they can stay away."

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
"My greatest strength is my cleverness. I can figure my way out of (or into) trouble pretty quickly."

2. What is your greatest weakness?
"I'm too weak-willed. I give in to others very easily, even if I don't really want to."

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
"I don't really want to change anything. I think I'm fine just like I am."

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
"I'm more extroverted, if I'm comfortable with the people around me. If not, I'll keep to myself."

5. Are you generally organized or messy?
"I'm very messy. I know where everything is, but that doesn't mean anyone else could figure it out."

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
"I don't want to follow any gods or goddesses. I think they wouldn't want to bother with me, anyway."

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
"I don't know enough about deities to judge any of that."

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
"No, and I don't think I ever will. Who would notice a Kelvic like me, if they were that powerful?"

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
"I don't really live for anything. I just live for the sake of living."

2. What is the best part of life?
"Being able to be outside. And being useful to others. That's really nice, too."

3. What is the best part of death?
"I wouldn't be kept in a cage anymore."

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
"Why does it matter? It will happen anyway, no matter what."

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
"I don't really think about it. I have twenty years left!"
Kerra
Player

Character sheet