Threading the Needle (Sama'el)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Dymphna on November 13th, 2010, 4:47 am

"You make me dizzy whenever you're around," she said softly, a bottom lip pulled in to be bit as she looked at him nervously a moment. The longer she looked, though, the more time she had to study him. The look in his eye, the shade of the blood under his cheeks. The slightly dazed expression that she figured didn't come from her touch, but from his head hitting the ground.

A gentle hand moved him over to her little fire she had going to render fat. She urged him to sit down. Bending over, she leaned in to press a kiss to his forehead. "Stay here. I'm going to get something for your head," she whispered. For a moment she paused, peering at him, though. "You were very impressive."

She grinned then, giving him a quick peck to the corner of his mouth in fear he'd say something else. And with that she moved to disappear into the pavilion to find the healing supplies she'd need.
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 14th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Everything was swimming slightly as if in a dream, and made a sort of dream sense that he would only truly question if he remembered the details later. He smiled into her little kiss and then watched her go, enjoying the swish of her skirts and the movement of her... oh! He looked away, only to find Dohaina looking at him, amusement in her liquid black eyes.

"What?"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dymphna on November 16th, 2010, 8:03 am

Once in the pavilion, Dymphna scurried about as quickly as possible trying to get what she needed. Fortunately by this time anyone living with her that was inside had gotten finished laughing over the situation. One of her younger brothers had even been kind enough to silently hand over one of the shared medical kits, though the look he gave her sent her cheeks burning.

She stepped outside with an armful of things ranging from bottles to a couple bags of tools. For a moment she just lingered at the door looking at Sam like she had no clue what to do. She did, of course, but she wasn't very good at anything beyond making medicine. With a deep breath she closed the distance between them.

"Here... Let me see where you hit your head," she said quietly, easing down behind him.

She slipped in close, moving to straddle his backside as she started digging through one of the bags. A large jar of liquid was removed and uncapped, smelling heavily of wet grass and possibly something from trading with the Benshira during the part of the run that brought them closer. It was only when she was unpacked and done fussing over the alignment of all her healing implements that she stopped to realize where she was sitting. Or, more importantly, how she was sitting.

She shocked herself a little by not moving away. Instead she patiently sat there blinking, smiling softly, and waiting for him to tell her where he was hurt.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 21st, 2010, 6:35 pm

What she got was a wide-eyed, still slightly unfocused stare. Thought was not something of which one could accuse him just then, but more of a general sort of mind-blanking shock before a dazed sort of smile replaced it with more of the same only tinged more definitely with a shy pleasure. In a word, he was seventeen and an idiot.

"I, uh... Uh..."

Dohaina snorted. Sam blinked.

"It's, uh... in the back... um..." He pointed in the general direction of the back of his head, trying not to squirm underneath her for greater friction. "Is it bright out here?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dymphna on November 22nd, 2010, 6:47 am

”Oh, Sam,” she said quietly, the concern not hidden in her voice. “I think you may have a bit of a concussion… Do you have a headache?”

She moved then to start gently parting his hair this way and that to see if she could see where he’d made contact. In the end she gave up. Twisting, she moved to grab the jar up that she’d already opened. A bit of the ointment was pulled up with two fingers before she began to dab it onto the back of his head, somehow managing to work it underneath his hair without putting too much pressure down.

She leaned in a little. Underneath the smell of the medicine, she could smell him – His horses, the wolves, sweat… Though it was more than likely her imagination running wild, she could have sworn that there was something else there, too – Magic moving through his veins. He was, after all, Sapphire Clan. So perhaps it was possible.

Before she realized she’d stopped tending to his head, she placed a tiny kiss to his bare shoulder. Then, clearing her throat, she pulled away from him again enough that she could finish caring for his injury.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 23rd, 2010, 12:50 am

The thing was, he couldn't be sure if it hurt or not, which was strange. His head certainly felt uncomfortable. After he tried to articulate what he felt, and mostly failing, she began to minister to the growing egg on the back of his head. When her tender fingertips touched it, he winced a little, mostly a scrunching up of his face rather than pulling away. A bit of pain at her hands was better than pleasure from most, he thought. He blinked, realizing he did think that, in fact.

When her fingers worked through his hair elsewhere to be sure she had gotten everything, he had to bite his lower lip to keep himself from purring like a cat. Merris had done that, but he had thought it was some whore trick or something. Huh! Then the kiss made him shiver, and his hand reached up to brush hers, accidentally on purpose, and then stayed there for a moment.

"Thank you, Dymphna. You make everything better."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dymphna on November 23rd, 2010, 5:09 am

She smiled shyly over his touch. Slipping in, she wrapped her arms about his waist and cuddled up against his back. Her cheek rested against where she’d only recently kissed, and she let out what seemed to be a content little sigh towards his spine.

“We’ll get you some tea to make sure you don’t get a headache, then,” she said quietly, though she didn’t move. “Sam, I…”

She paused, squinting at the ground as she caught what she had about said. Her heart was racing, but she wasn’t sure. It wasn’t like her to keep whatever she was thinking from slipping out of her mouth. By some miracle, though, she had managed.

She wasn’t sure. She wasn’t sure. And some part of her was batting about the idea that what she thought she was feeling wasn’t reasonable for having known him such a small time. Of course that wasn’t the part of her that was a seventeen-year-old female. Nor was it the part that was continuing to simply hold him.

She’d stopped herself from finishing the thought that had almost escaped her mind. It didn’t matter anyway… She was starting to suspect that her family was starting to look at another match for her to marry. And if that was what they wanted, she wasn’t going to put up a fight. She wasn’t sure she liked the thought much, but there wasn’t anything she could do about it. Other than pine. Which she found herself doing and not particularly caring for.

“I think we ought to get you inside if the light is bothering you.”

But she still didn’t move.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 25th, 2010, 8:56 pm

What might have been obvious to anyone, including those members of her family likely eavesdropping, was not so clear to him with his blow to the head and her warmth at his back. Everything just seemed perfect, despite it being a little too bright and his brains feeling like they didn't quite fit within his skull, swollen perhaps as much as his tumescent... He put his hand over her arms around him.

"I'm going to be an Ankal one day," he promised her, apropos of nothing that had been said, but what was teeming under the surface of things. "I will. One day I will be worth having as a husband." There was a pregnant silence then, that finally gave birth to: "If I don't break my head open first.

"Tea would be nice," he added. "And perhaps a walk if I don't get dizzy..."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dymphna on November 26th, 2010, 6:08 am

She listened to his words, a tiny smile lifting onto the corner of her lips. Did that mean what she thought it did? She thought it did… But did it? She decided that she wasn’t sure, but she hoped that it did. For a long moment she was quiet, simply brushing her cheek back and forth against his skin with her eyes closed.

Eventually though, she quietly said, “Sam… I know you’ll be an Ankal. A great one at that. Likely one to tell stories about…”

She gave him a little squeeze and another tiny kiss, unable to keep from doing so.

“But I think you’re already worth having as a husband. In order to be an Ankal, you’ll need a good wife to help you. And children. Lots of children. But first a wife to help you achieve your dreams,” she said in a nervous whisper. “I hope maybe…”

But she trailed off with that, giving a tiny shrug, too nervous to say it out loud. She was starting to think maybe she was a coward.

“I think about you when you’re not around. A lot… So stop showing off like a horse’s ass and risking breaking your head open. And no walks today but tomorrow. Today we’ll go inside and sit in the darker light. I’ll make you something for your head and see to it that you are feeling well. I’m going to need practice. I can tell already,” she said with a tiny grin. She kissed a little higher up on his shoulder before shifting to whisper in his ear, “Your dreams may seem big now, but one day you’re going to catch stars.”
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on November 26th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Sam, too, was perhaps a coward, or just mentally challenged from the blow to his head. Her last kiss sent a visible shiver up his spine, but he didn't say anything. Instead he mulled over what she had said, getting to his feet with her help, liking the warm feel of her under his arm to keep him from falling if his knees decided to buckle.

Dohaina was chewing grass with some of the Whitefeather Striders, apparently making friends as the herd animals were wont to do. Sam's instinctive glance toward his horse made him dizzy, and so he blinked and focused on the ground in front of him so as not to get nauseous or otherwise embarrass himself further.

He hoped they would be alone in the tent, but likely her family would demand a chaperon. The honor of their pavilion depended on it, after all.

"You really think so?" he asked in a small voice when they were nearly there.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext