Markus Boadicea

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Markus Boadicea

Postby Markus Boadicea on October 29th, 2010, 9:12 am

NOTE: I am using Markus' Personality to answer some of the more personal questions. They are intended for amusement as well as allowing you to experience the way I speak in a RP.

Title: The Lonely Wanderer

Name: Markus Boadicea
Nickname: None
Height: 2 metres
Weight: 90Kg

Appearance:
Markus Boadicea has a light skin tone. The only exception from this are dark circles beneath his eyes. Markus has pale blue eyes. They are empty, hollow, devoid of feeling or empathy. He has a thin scar just a millimeter above his eyebrow.
His eyebrows are silver, as is every other stand of hair on his head. Markus was as gray as a mule by 17. He used to dye his hair, try to hide the gray areas. Now it doesn't bother him as much. Markus' hair is about a 9 centimeters in length and is slightly wavy. He couldn't really be bothered about haircare.
Markus is about two meters in height and is roughly 80 kilograms. Markus has a skeletal body frame most likely from malnutrition. His head rests on a pair of surprising broad shoulders. His skinny arms and legs are fleshed out with long, tough muscles.
How do other see me: I wouldn't know how others see me.
What is your favorite physical feature: Vanity is a worthless quality, I have more important things to worry about then how I look.
How physically fit are you I am moderately strong and have a fair deal of stamina and physical endurance.
Clothing: Markus wears a long dark coat which has a large collar (in proportion with the coat). The coat is too big to fit snugly, so it offers little resistance from cold climates. However, during a hold up Markus usually keeps the coat open as to not restrict his movement. He doesn't worry about the cold in these situations because he will most likely be pursuing or fighting his target. While this coat may not help against the cold, it is quite invaluable against the rain as it's exterior is made of a water retardant material. The underside of this coat hides two large pockets. Two can be found underneath the breastplate. A pair of external pockets are located underneath the shoulders, near the armpits. Underneath this coat is a few other dark pieces of clothing that Marcus has come across. However, most of it is quite worn through. While Markus isn't one for sentimental gestures, he is quite hesitant to discard used clothing seeing as it is quite difficult to find a traveler who will willingly part with an article of clothing, even when you do threaten him. Over his shoulder Markus has a brown leather sling which he uses to carry his crossbow.

History ( Orgins, Family, Relationships):
A church bell chimed somewhere in the distance. I could barely hear it over the roar of the ocean. She wanted to have it near the ocean. She loved the ocean, it was her passion. The best man came to fetch me. He was pale very pale. This climate seemed unnatural for him. He took me up to the mansion, it was her grandfather's house. He had left it to her when he died. She decided to hold her wedding here because it overlooked the ocean. She loves the ocean...
As the party got underway, the sea caught ablaze. The sun's last rays danced over the shimmering waters. The sounds of song and merrymaking echoed over the darkening ocean.
The ceremony started at moon rise. As night approached the stars lit up across the sky like a thousand candles floating across a black river. Men in black and women in white and a well wisher wearing a false smile, secretly plagued with envy and hate. An evil most foul was poised to strike. It watched from the shadows. He toasted to the groom and I drank from the goblet and fell to the cold marble as the poison turned my muscles to stone and filled my veins with cursed fire. Dark clouds grew overhead and the rumbling roar of long dead gods filled my ears and the darkness fell.
I lost her, she lost herself. The reality of being abandoned by the only man she had every loved overcame her and unhinged her. She followed the voices from the foyer to the balcony to embrace the lighting and the woman in white fell to the the cold, dark waters far below...

I awoke on the beach. Water lapped against my feat and the song of the sea rang in my ears. Death hadn't come for me, but I almost wish it did. I'm sorry Trish... so sorry.

The best man is gone. Upset that the woman he craved was forever out of his grasp. In that moment the grief that filled my heart turned to fury. I wandered the world thereafter. Unable to find peace without my vengeance, Unable to escape this living nightmare.

Markus lived most of his life on the streets. His Mother died during labor, so his father had to care for the boy. Maybe it was the massive responsibility of caring for a child or that Markus' father blamed him for this mother's death. Perhaps it was a mixture of both, but Markus' only memory of his father that he can recall is how his father used to come in at late nights with the smell of rum on him and a look of pure abhorrence on his face and the pain as his father savagely beat him. When Markus was 8 years of age his father finally gave in to his demons and committed suicide.
After that Markus took to the streets, he lied, he stole, he cheated, he even wounded and robbed an elderly man. In those dark times Markus pretty much did everything you would consider bad, but what he excelled at was conning. He was an expert at deceiving people. Until he was 13 he made his living by lying to complete strangers. Until, that is he discovered betting, he would wander into tavern and challenge travelers to a game (the only rules, if Markus wins he gets x amount of money, but if he loses he pays double that amount. This was safer than wandering the streets because there were people nearby that could intervene if things got messy and a tavern has a plentiful supply of merchants and adventurers who didn't know him and had pockets heavy with coin.
When Markus was 15 when he first met Trish Dailey. She was kind, beautiful and smart, she was perfect but she was also the daughter of a local scholar, so she is well out of his league. The first time they crossed paths was when he was hiding in a tree after a suspicious winning streak at a tavern attracted unwanted attention. However, while trying to push the branches out of his face Markus lost his footing and fell to the ground head first. After a couple moments Markus could hear approaching footsteps, half expecting a group of angry drunkards demanding their money. He slowly pushed against the ground raising his torso off the ground just enough to see who was approaching. Two beautiful dark green eyes stared back at him. A girl was kneeling in front of him, she obviously had concern on her face, why such an angelic creature would worry about him was beyond his comprehension. A couple of moments passed, and then she spoke, "Are you alright, what were you doing in that tree?".
I am not sure whether it was the fall or the shock that such a person would even acknowledge me, whatever it was it stole the words from my mouth."..."
Her worried frown was instantly replaced with a sweet smile,"My name is Trish, let me help you up."
"...U-uh thanks." As Markus reached out to grasp Trish's hand a flash of pain shot down his arm. Markus pulled back suddenly, too far back and fell backwards.
"Oh...!" Markus' retaliation seemed to be very surprising to Trish, however she recovered from her astonishment almost instantaneously and expressed only concern for Markus' condition.
After diagnosing that Markus had twisted his wrist, she helped him back to her home for some healing. When Markus asked why she went to such trouble to help a strange boy, she simply replied, "When a handsome young man falls from the sky you can't just leave him". As the years passed he an Trish became more and more intimate. It was Markus' 17th year of life when they openly admitted their affection for each other, verbally. It was 2 years later before they were confident enough with their feeling before they could express their love towards each other physically. On the 24th anniversary of Markus' birth Markus and Trish were to be wed, It would seem that their relationship was perfect on paper. But, nothing is even perfect, least of all love. On the day of the ceremony, Markus was poisoned by Trish's spiteful father. After disposing of Markus's paralyzed body, he lied to his own daughter, telling her that Markus had left her. However, Trish was unable to handle being left at the alter by the one and only man she loved and so she resolved to kill herself.
After a day or two Markus awoke on a highway, as the overwhelming realization that he lost his chance on his perfect love.

Home: Wherever I happen to be.
Where would you like to live: Live? I have no preference on where I am living. As long as I am alive.
Vacation spot: I have never taken a vacation and I never plan to.
Fears (places): I fear no place.

Weaknesses:
- Markus Boadicea suffers under a collection of mild delusions and hysteria which can manifest in specific ways. This insanity has formed a number of symptoms such as: distortion of perceptive reality: Markus has a morbid view of the world and of himself; bouts of depression: Markus usually tries to chase this away by drinking alone; dream demons; night terrors and hallucinations plague Markus; etc.etc.

- Markus has a very lacks set of moral guidelines. Seeing as he is 'dead' then why must he oblige to the laws of the living? This is yet another symptom of his madness. Although it may just be easier to say he has a death wish.

- When Markus is depressed he usually has a swig of run at the local tavern in whatever city, town or mud village he is in at the time. However, when Markus drinks he just gets downright grim, not to mention a more talkative then usual. At times even revealing parts of his past to complete strangers.

- Thanks to his psychological affliction Markus is incredibly isolated. This problem isn't helped by his occupation. The principle being that he is alone in his work and has no companions. In addition Markus could also be trying to sabotage any and all relationships that present themselves because he feels guilty for the death of his blushing bride.
Main hand: Right.
Language: I have always spoken English.
Personality:
To put it bluntly, Markus is a withdrawn, emotionally unstable sociopath. After losing the love of his life on their wedding day his outlook on life has become rather grim. In fact since that day Markus has been living in his own personal nightmare. All the guilt, sorrow, hatred, depression and 'what if' scenarios that were fabricated by this dramatic event have been meshed together inadvertently creating a plague of grotesque and highly vivid hallucinations.
For the most part Markus' social rituals are relatively unpredictable. He never does the same thing or go to the same place two times in a row.
Markus' has a very unique personality; the following are some additional behavioral quarks:

* Thorough & Precise: Markus is a devil for detail, almost to the level of being obsessive. This means Markus will update the same piece of information again and again, until he is satisfied it is perfect.
* Quiet & Discreet: Markus tends to keep to himself and dislikes wasting words on social pleasantries. Additionally, Markus is not at comfortable in heavily populated areas.
* Paranoid & Cautious: Trust is not something that comes to easily to Markus. He knows all to well that anyone is capable of anything.
* Insightful & Observant: Markus is not only capable to observe minuscule details but is also good at noticing the deeper information within a situation or object.
* Levelheaded & Patient: To be calm in almost any situation is one of Markus' most treasured characteristics. This trait once helped Markus earn a living as a child, it has been modified but it still serves the same purpose.
* Resourceful & Organized: A skill developed to assist in Markus' in his occupation. His resourcefulness has been quite useful throughout his life.
* Intelligent & Analytical: Markus has had the skill to quickly analyze a problem since he was 6. This is one of the most fundamental building blocks of Markus' personality.
* Serious & Sober: Markus has a very cold and calculating personality which restricts his emotions. This hinders him to connect on a social level but it gives him less reason to consider moral, ethical or sentimental variables.
* Cruel & Pitiless: Markus has lost what little humanity he had left after the death of Trish. He gets some joy from inflicting damage, whether it is physical or psychological damage is irrelevant.
* Unbalanced & Maniacal: Trish's death not only devastated Markus emotionally but also psychologically. Additionally, he now hungers for the man responsible, but coming across this man is unlikely.
Tattoos: I have no tattoos, nor to I plan on getting any.

Work satisfaction: It helps me survive. Period.
Dream job: I have no time for idle fantasies.

Education: I grew up on the streets; the only thing a child leans there is how to be clever.
View point on learning: Learning comes naturally to all sentient beings. Why does it matter if I like it or not.
Root of experience: I learn everything necessary to surviving this world by experiencing them personally.

Drugs and Alcohol : I have drunk rum and other alcoholic beverages before. However, I rarely do so now.

Hobbies: No time for pass times.
Dislikes: (...Endless pages of stupid questions...) I despise religion and anything related with religion (Example. Mindless followers, gods and self righteousness.)
Relaxing pass times: I can relax when I am dead.

Fav. Color: Crimson.
Fav. time of day: Midnight, I find it is easier to move around.
Most beautiful sight: Her...
Fav. whether: Heavy rain, it dampens the sound of approach.

Optimistic or pessimistic: Take a wild guess, Idiot.
Religious views: I am an atheist.
Killed: I have killed 13 people during hold ups.
Views on sex: Sex is solely a reproductive act. I have no interest in reproducing.
What is the goal of life: Survival.

Worst action: I once killed a little girl during a robbery in order to get her father to cooperate. I don't know, what do you define as bad
Regrets: Never regret, not ever, not even for a moment...
Worst\best memory: Her... for both...
What would you change: Do you have a method of actually doing that because if you do I would like to see it.
Accomplishments: I am proud of surviving and that is all.

Emotions: ...

Strengths:
- Markus once relied his treasured strategic mind as a source of income. However he no long uses it in that regard ( Although he does occasionally harness it to assist him in combat ), as it congers forth memories of his youth which he would prefer to forget. His superior objective thinking skills has been applied to tasks that are beneficial to his current occupation. Among these modified traits are incredible observational skills and the ability to preform the following ability without drawing unwanted attention.

- Markus wields a hand held crossbow. In his line of work a crossbow has only two practical uses. As a ambush tool, usually attacking a target from a overgrowth of shrubbery. The crossbow's only other use to Markus is that it acts as a bluff. The reasoning behind this is as follows: A companion or body guard normally wouldn't risk attacking someone who is threatening to drill a iron rod into their associates or client's chest. Essentially Markus is playing a big game of chicken.

- Markus carries a common short sword on his person at all times. Although he is not particularly masterful with this weapon that doesn't stop him from inflicting a reasonable amount of damage unto his enemy.

Battle tactics:
Markus has on the job training when it comes to combat. His favorite tactic is the assault style (run in and cut down anyone who gets in his way). While in waiting, Markus may decide that he will fire a bolt at his target. This ambush tactic is usually targeted at the most well armed or most threatening opponent. Although occasionally that those tactics doesn't work as well as they should and Markus is forced to fight dirty. If it seems like he is at the disadvantage then he will withdraw his crossbow and points it at the enemy ( usually he hasn't loaded any bolts into it ). One of two things will happen, the enemy will surrender or they will notice that the weapon isn't loaded and advance on Markus. Should this tactic fail and Markus has no more leverage then he will flee.

Belongings:
Markus carries a coin purse, a few strips of dry meat, a canteen of water and twenty steel bolts.

Weapons:
Markus always carries two primary weapons on his person. A common short sword and a light crossbow. As well as two fine point daggers hidden in the sleeves of his coat.
I can do no evil, or I do not know what evil is.
Markus Boadicea
Fall O'Mighty God as I tear down the heavens.

Words: 11017
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2010, 6:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet