[The Crystal Cavern] A Travelers Haven [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Jonas on November 2nd, 2010, 4:04 pm

The small ball of flame still floated above Jonas, almost forgotten. Tha small ball of flame actually did a very good job of illuminating each of them for the other to see. The lighting where they had chosen to sit wouldn't have been considered great in the day light, but with the sun having dropped below the horizon long before they had began speaking, without the small fire they would have found it very difficult to see each other.

Jonas had once again had his head facing downwards, staring intently at his scars as Viktor commented on them. A grin spread across his face at the thought of battle scars. "These are not battle scars my friend. These are what allow me control this." On que the small flame began to move around, floating over and doing a curcuit around Viktor's head. "This on the other hand is what happens when one gets careless with Reimancy", he said as he traced the line of the scar that stretched from the bottom of his eye to his jaw line with his finger.
Jonas
Player

Words: 13883
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2010, 4:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Viktor on November 2nd, 2010, 9:29 pm

Viktor watched as his head gained an orbiting star as Jonas explained the scars. "So you cut yourself and you get to make fireballs? Why do I get the feeling there is more to it than that?" He was spectical of the notion, but it was at least plausible, plus a little pain in exchange for such a handy skill sounded like an appealing proposition. The thought of a giant bear charging you was scary enough, to say nothing of a giant bear lobbing fiery spheres of doom brought a smug grin to the kelvic's face. "I doubt a fireball could have made a line that smooth. What happened, you burn the wrong person's brother or something? But, in case it's a touchy subject, you don't have to answer, just cuious is all." He didn't want to push his luck, especially with how well this was going. Most people were extremely reluctant to talk to some random guard, provided that he was even able to get that far into his introduction.
Memorable quotes (Or, really just quote at the moment, but more will come!)
"She is not fish. She is a person too!"
Viktor
Looks like a grizzly, acts like a teddy bear

Words: 35444
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 10:25 am
Location: Standing behind you. Don't turn around though because I'm in stealth mode.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jonas on November 3rd, 2010, 5:53 pm

Sitting back again Jonas listened intently as he listened to Viktor. That grin that he had had since Viktor and he had met still present on his face. Could the man really not know anything about magical arts? His eyes shifted slightly, moving over the tatoo. Viktor had said something about it being a gift from Morwen. Trying not to seem to interested in it he looked back up as Viktor finished.

Nodding Jonas responded, "Your right, its not that easy. These scars were given to me as part of the ritual. Its that," He pauded a moment, stifling a monster of a yawn. "Its that ritual that gave me the ability to begin using Reimancy." Jonas stood abruptly spreading his arms wide with a stretch. He could feel the fatigue from the road finally over powering his brightened mood at being safe and warm within a city's walls.

The small ball of flame expanded to the size of a man's fist, moving over to hover just enough above Jonas' shoulder not to catch his clothing on fire as he bent over and gathered his things. After donning his cloak he turned back to Viktor, "Besides if I ever burn the wrong brother now I have a rather large friend to help me get out of the situation." Not stopping long enough to see if Viktor realised he was refering to him he moved over and made his way down the stairs. The faint sound of his voice could be heard faintly from below, the ball of fire and its light following him like a dutiful child. "I am sure we will be seeing alot of each other in the ner future." and with that he was gone.
Jonas
Player

Words: 13883
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2010, 4:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Triniel on November 6th, 2010, 7:11 pm

XP AWARD!

Viktor

Skills:
~Observation +3
~Rhetoric +3
~Intimidation +2

Lore:
Knowledge of Reimancy

Jonas

Skills:
~Rhetoric +4
~Reimancy +3

Lore:
Knowing Intimidating People are Not always Mean Spirited

Mod NoteI am interested to see how this relationship plays out. |:) I look foward to reading (and possibly grading) more of your threads. If you felt I have left out a skill you think you deserved, send me a PM and I will look it over.

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Power Fork (2)

Previous