A Dangerous Craft (Kanzora)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Re: A Dangerous Craft (Kanzora)

Postby Syfec Morbus on October 5th, 2009, 2:31 am

Syfec carefully considered the deal. Leather wasn't really worth much to him. But, it was something. Plus, he was hoping to gain somewhat of an ally through the procedure. A clean initiation and Reimancy lesson was worth a lot. Then again, having a Viper Dhani as a friend was priceless. So he figured he would sweeten the deal.

"Hmmm... Leather. I can't think of too much that I need right now in the leather department. But, I suppose I can take your deal. Perhaps we can elongate the deal as well. You won't be able to learn everything I can teach you during this one encounter. I would be willing to teach you more, in the future, if you will want it." Syfec hoped he would be able to work out a longterm mutually benefiting relationship.

"Also, if I'm going to teach you, you're going to need to know what you're doing well. I won't have my name associated with a Reimancer who doesn't know what he's doing. By the way, I prefer the term Reimancy to Wizardry. It's more specific. Now, just so you know; you're initiation will involve ritual cuts on your palms and I will be flooding your body with my Res through every opening possible. It's quite unnerving and very painful. I'll be happy to start whenever you want, but you should know that things can go wrong. Though I'm confident in my abilities."

Realizing the fireball was still there, he tossed it into the same stream he had earlier, though at a much slower pace. He looked to Kanzora for his answer.
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Words: 13441
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby KanzoraSehol on October 5th, 2009, 2:45 am

Kanzora thought for a moment, if he was proposing friendship, he would have to prove himself worthy of the Dhani's loyalty. It was hard to come by a Dhani with a non-Dhani friend. Though he supposed if he could learn magic.. er.. Reimancy as he was suppoesd to call it. Could work out.. Kanzora thought about the deal as Syfec through the fireball into the water again, scaring the last of the animals away, if there were any less. A vein popped out in Kanzoras head as he became irritated again, he was irritated quickly, he might note to the Wiz..Reimancer.

"Could you please try to be a little less loud?" Kanzora spoke, then realized it might be harder then he thought to control the fire. "If thats possible" He added on with a touch of sorrow, something very rare in the mans voice.

After a few more seconds, Kanzora looked back at Syfec. He had taken in the information, and realized that his body would probably hurt. Transfering someones Res, which he was sure to learn about later must be a hard process in order to transfer a non wizard into a wizard. He understood that it was probably going to be the most painful thing he had experienced, but he was ready. Kanzora wanted to power! And to have someone that would always be there to teach him more could help too, maybe having the young reimancer as a friend wouldn't be that bad of an idea after all. That was still to be considered though, so he put the thought away for now.

"I understand, its gonna hurt right? Yeah well, most things that are worth a damn do. Lets get started shall we?" He almost forgot to answer the questions about his end of the deal. "Oh, and if leather is not what you need, then besides my own physical services, I can not offer much, but I can guarrentee, that if you have a way of contacting me and need me, I could help you out. If, that is, you prove skillful enough."

Kanzora noted the last part in a matter of factly tone. He didn't want a useless reimancer as a trainer. He realized that he was basing alot of this off of oppinion, what if the guy completely messed up and was a horrible wizard? He had no backround or anything on this guy, though it was to late. It was going to happen one way or another, so he stepped in, and gave himself to the reimancer, hoping that he would be taken care of.
"When your breath is so shallow, your bones so weak. Your only thoughts are of those to wish its end. Those are the moments you cherrish, the ones you remember."
KanzoraSehol
Player

Words: 7758
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2009, 3:35 am
Race: Dhani

Postby Syfec Morbus on October 5th, 2009, 3:14 am

"Could you please try to be a little less loud?"

Syfec couldn't help but let a smile spread across his face. Things were about to get a lot louder. Unless this Dhani high an incredibly high tolerance for pain, it would be getting at least a little loud. Syfec noticed the slight apprehension in Kanzora. It reminded him of his own initiation, except this one wouldn't end as badly. The power was definitely worth it, and he figure that he'd strengthen Kanzora's resolve.

"Don't worry, it's completely worth it." Syfec smile as the snake addressed his last requests, things were coming along quite nicely. "Okay, we'll get started. I'll explain everything to you as it's happening. I wasn't provided that option and when I returned to consciousness after passing out during my initiation, I was completely confused."

Syfec pulled out his dagger and took hold of one of Kanzora's hands. "I'm going to be making wounds on your hands through which my gaseous Res will enter your body. If you didn't know, Res in a physical manifestation of our Djed."

He took care when making the wounds on Kanzora's hands, trying not to cut too deep, but he wasn't that skilled with a knife, and the wounds when deeper than he would have liked. On each of Kanzora's palms, Syfec drew a jagged "S" with a line through it, surrounded by an octagon. It reminded him of a Sigila and a signature all in one. Once his hand were cut open, Syfec stepped back and asked Kanzora to kneel.

"Now is the part that will hurt. I'm going to generate Res and force it through your body at every point possible. Prepare yourself and open your mouth." Syfec thought for just a moment at how much this stranger was trusting him. If Syfec decided to transmute the Res while it was in Kanzora's system, the Dhani would be completely obliterated. It was actually kind of a tempting direction. After all, what would stop the Dhani from attacking Syfec after it got what it wanted. Syfec decided it was worth the risk, an indebted Dhani could prove quite useful.

Syfec closed his eyes and put all of his murderous thoughts out of his head, concentrating only on the task at hand. Then he slowly emitted his grey Res. It left his body through his arms and hands all at once, pooling in a large cloud in between the men. Syfec let the grey cloud sit still for a moment, building the suspense.

Then, all at once, the grey cloud flew at toward Kanzora, traveling as fast as Syfec could make it. The Res flew into Kanzora's wounds first, traveling into his veins and throughout his arms. Next it hit his mouth, nose, eyes and ears, entering all of them at nearly the same time. Once the Res was in his body, Syfec spread it out to encompass his entire body. Then he let the Res settle in Kanzora's whole body for a moment and he gauged Kanzora's reaction.

After watching the Dhani for a moment, Syfec began circulating the Res through Kanzora's entire body, and continued for several minutes.
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Character sheet

Postby KanzoraSehol on October 5th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Kanzora was a bit reassured when Syfec told him that it would be worth it, though he was still a bit nervous about trusting a complete stranger with something so difficult, and important. With a single move the reimancer could shatter his existence. The man started out by making small incisions on his hands, it hardly hurt after all the things he had done to himself throughout the years. He was wondering if the entire procedure consisted of this, through his entire body, that wouldn't be so bad.. but that couldn't be it.

After the cuts were made in his hands, he saw a symbol it seemed, he decided it would probably be good to remember the symbol, and he put it away in his memories. As Syfec started to talk again, he tryed to concentrate, but couldn't help but wonder about what could happen in the next few minutes, he could either gain an incredible power.. Or die. Thats really the only two options there were at that point. As the reimancer explained, Kanzora flinched. He was completely sure if he was going to trust the guy.

As Syfec started to create a cloud of grey around them, Kanzora started to pull his hands back, going to forget the whole thing and just go home. Though, then the entire trip would be a waste, and the guy knew his name, so he could be known as a coward. It would probably be best if he just went through with it, after all, the pain would only last a small amount of time, and then he would be able to be extremely powerful right?

The cloud started to move towards him, and when it entered his body, he changed his mind. He had enough, he wasn't going to do this, he had to back out. He tried to move away, but couldn't control any of his limbs. Paralyptic shock is what he thought it was called. It was all he could do to not break his lungs screaming. The sound was alot different then a humans scream, but a scream none the less. It was more of a high pitched, ear breaking hiss. The pain coursing through his body was emense.

Was it possible that he could be allergic to this kind of res? Or maybe, the reimancer was going to kill him. Nothing he had ever experienced was this painful. Nothing. The wizard was going to kill him, that thought settled in his mind, and he started to think about how he could have lived without being so foolish. His last moments being spent in a forest, where noone was around to see him die. Kanzora always thought he was going to go down a hero..

His scream continued through the whole onslaught, never ending. Why was it taking so long for him to die? What felt like hours was really only minutes, and the pain wasn't going away, it just kept coming. Every time his heart beat a new wave of pain went throughout his entire body. He tried to imagine what was going on in there, flames bolting into every organ, singing them, burning everything into ashes, which would then come out to his outer body, and eventually completely consume him.

After what seemed like forever, the pain started to subside, he could feel his arms again, and he looked at them. Nothing was singed into little black pieces of dirt. He looked up at the reimancer, had he messed up? Why wasn't he dead? Or.. wasn't he trying to kill him? Another question popped into his mind though, and this was the most important one of all. Was it over?

"You.. didn't kill me? Was that the initiation? Is it.. over?" Kanzora stumbled over his words, trying to speak clearly, but his nerves were shot, and he could barely move still. That was way, and when he said way, Kanzora ment alot more then anyone could imagine. More painful then anything he had ever expected. Hopefully there was nothing else..
"When your breath is so shallow, your bones so weak. Your only thoughts are of those to wish its end. Those are the moments you cherrish, the ones you remember."
KanzoraSehol
Player

Postby Syfec Morbus on October 6th, 2009, 12:34 am

Hearing Kanzora's inhuman screams gave Syfec just a little pleasure. A part of him longed to call out, asking just who was the weak one now? But, he kept his cool, reminding himself of the potential benefits of being nice to one such as him. A Dhani Reinmacer. A Partner. A Student. A Mercenary. The possibilities were endless.

Syfec ended up refraining from kill his new found friend, and the initiation when off as well as he could have hoped. The Dhani was obviously in incredible pain, but it was bearable. Syfec had gone through a much worse initiation, so he wasn't too worried.

"You.. didn't kill me? Was that the initiation? Is it.. over?"

Syfec found a chance to have a little fun with the Dhani. His face took on a very serious look, and he mustered up the most ominous voice he could; "That was only the beginning. It gets much, much worse."

He stared down the kneeling man while he let the comment ferment for a few moments. Then he let out a burst of laughter, "Sorry, I only jest. The worst of it is over. You should feel just a little different. More aware of your own Djed. Does that sound about right? Are you up for working on the actual practice of Reimancy tonight, or are you exhausted from the procedure?"
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Character sheet

Postby KanzoraSehol on October 6th, 2009, 2:20 am

This could quite possibly been the first sign of fear that Kanzora had ever shown in his life. His body felt different, and he didn't know why. He thought that the reimancer might have put some body control spell on him, but he didn't know, and it didn't matter. When Syfec said that it was only going to get worse from that point, Kanzora almost passed out anticipating the pain that he would feel. He looked up at the wizard, he realized that he had fallen to the ground during the initiation. His eyes were filled with dread, they were pleading him not to continue.

Kanzora put his head down, he was going to have to suffer more, and he was pretty damn sure at this point he didn't want to, but he was afraid that if he didn't, then something would go wrong with his body. After that thought, was when he heard that Syfec was joking. "Why you little!" He started to stand up to try to attack the reimancer, but fell back down due to pain. He laughed, and Kanzora put his head down to let him cool off. He needed to learn, not kill, despite the fact that Syfec had made him imagine a pain that should not be imagined.

"I'll be ready to learn in a few minutes, just let my body get used to this.. feeling.. of sorts"

It took him a few minutes, but Kanzora could deffinately feel his Djed, and this thing called Res he thought. It was like an extra liquid pouring through his body is the best way he could describe the feeling. Taking a deep breath, Kanzora stood up and looked at the Reimancer in agony. He knew he probably shouldn't do anything else, but he wanted to learn something throughout the ordeal. He put on a fake smile, and added to his previous sentence.

"Alrighty, whatcha got wiz?"
KanzoraSehol
Player

Postby Syfec Morbus on October 6th, 2009, 2:56 am

When seeing Kanzora's anger after his little prank, Syfec felt just a little sympathy for the guy. After all, he did just go through a traumatic affair. "Sorry man, I couldn't help it," Syfec offered as some sort of condolence.

"Well," said Syfec, "Why don't we get down to business. The practice of creating a fireball is a fairly easy one. Wait, did you even want to practice Fire Reimancy, or did you have your sights set on another element? Either way, the beginning step is the same. Try to get in touch with your Djed, that substance that has always been there but never as realized as it is now. Now try to remember the feeling of my Res in your body, I want you to try to create the same kind of thing. Get in touch with your inner Djed and push it out through you hand, in the form of liquid Res. It might take a while to get the hang of it, but start trying."

Syfec smiled and set to watching his new apprentice try to emit Res. It was an interesting experience to see another person do it, especially someone who a little instruction. While Kanzora had the benefit of hearing Syfec's best, though still not quite adequate(the method is practically indescribable), Syfec himself had to do it on pure instinct. This would be interesting to watch.
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Character sheet

Postby KanzoraSehol on October 6th, 2009, 3:26 am

For some reason, Kanzora was pretty sure that he could help it. Though that was just an instinct. He snorted, this guy was an ass. However, teaching wizar.. reimancy. Kanzora kept forgetting to think of it as reimancy, and it was quite annoying. When Syfec told him what he would do, his first thought was.. what? Then he started to remember how it had felt when Syfecs own res felt coursing through his body. He figured he would probably have to immitate that, but it would be hard.

Kanzora stood up, and focused as much as he could, trying to remember the feeling and bring it out. He stood there for a few minutes thinking, all he was thinking about was res. Res. Res. Come out res. Where are you res? Do I have res? What color is my res? It took him a good bit to realize that he was just standing there, looking like a complete fool. He finally opened his eyes after a good five minutes, looked at the reimancer pleadingly, and realized that he wasn't going to get much help until he could make his own res.

He focused again, even harder this time though, he was determined to do this, he would get this done. He pushed as hard as he could, his face turning red, blue, purple. All shades of the rainbow. He put it all into a concentrated yowl, and came up with nothing. He sat down in defeat, it was obviously going to be a long time until he got this down, and he felt like an idiot not being able to do it, when Syfec could do it with such ease..

"Sorry.." Kanzora muttered, standing up again after a few minutes rest. He relived the painful moment, a single second at a time. He tried to really grasp the feeling, pull it into his own being, and repeat it. He thought he had gotten it all down, and tried to pull out his res, one more time. He put out his hand, and concentrated, pulling back the memories, and putting them all into his hand, one at a time. He could feel tension building in his hand, and he knew something was going on, though he couldn't see it because his eyes were closed, and he was afraid that if he opened them he would lose the necesary concentration.

After a few seconds, Kanzora opened his eyes, and in fact kept the small, litterly. Small. Amout of res in his hand. There was a small, pinky nail sized amount of purple, what he assumed to be liquid form of his being floating in his hand. It was a pretty shade of purple too, like an indigo. The color of a violet. Though it was odd, that, that was the color of his being, it didn't bother him. As much as he didn't like to admit it, he thought the color was cool himself.

He needed to do more then he had done though, a pinky nail sized fireball isn't going to do much but make a squirrel think he got a mosquito bite. Kanzora showed Syfec in glee, it suprised him that it only took him about an hour to do it, it was hard stuff. Though he wasn't sure if that was a long time, or a short time, he was glad that Syfec hadn't gotten bored and left him. He wanted the guy to stay around just in case, things could get ugly if he lost control of his temper, though that could be bad for the Reimancer as well, he didn't want to kill him, but it might happen anyway.

After a short five minute break, Kanzora continued again, doing the same process he had done a short time ago, but he tried to do it on a larger scale. He tried for a solid minute, and still got the same result. It looked a little bit bigger, but still wouldn't affect anything. He tried again, same result. Again, pinky sized. It was rediculous how hard it was just to make a glowing purple cloud come out of your body. It had taken him almost two hours, and what he had gotten was a pinky nail sized plum. So far, he wasn't impressed.

As he looked at the sky, it was getting darker, and it was harder to see. He was afraid that Syfec might have to be some where, and he would have to wait till later to make more progress on his Reimancy himself, because Kanzora knew that he wouldn't be able to learn anything by himself, he didn't even know what half the terminology was to the books that he would have to learn out of, and if you didn't know that, how were you expected to learn? He didn't care to find out until he did know how to learn.

"If you need anywhere to be, feel free to leave, I may practice on my own"

Kanzora apologized for his taking forever, and really wanted to make it up to the young reimancer. He really wanted to do it this time. Kanzora focused, a vein in his head popping out with the sure amount of pure thought he was giving this. He made himself a pinky sized amount of res. Kept it there for a few seconds, then focused on expanding it. He did to much at once however, and the gaseous cloud of res expanded over thirty times its pinky size, and covered both men, and poofed, sending Kanzora down to the ground, coughing with exasution and short breathedness.

Kanzora smiled to himself, he had done more then enough, unfortunately, this time it was to much. He had to tone down the humongous cloud, and tone up the pinky size. It was a difficult task, but he plead the reimancer to stay for just one more attepmt. He was sure to make this one count, he knew he would. Kanzora rested for a good ten minutes, making sure that he was absoloutely ready to make this final attempt. He took a deep breath.

Concentration was a key, he thought and thought, expanding his res a little bit at a time from the pinky sized bit. It grew, and fell, he didn't want to add to much at once, and was afraid to make it bigger. After a few minutes of doing this, it stayed at a solid palm sized shape. He kept it there, smiled, but kept going. Until this point it had just sat in his hand. He slowly moved it up off, and floated it a few inchs off his hand.

Pure excitement glimmered off the Dhanis eyes, something that showed very slightly. He had just created a ball of res! Now he had to figure out how the hell he was going to make that purple glob into a fireball. That would be interesting to see, or do, or whatever. Kanzora was so excited, he forgot to keep the ball there, and it dispersed. The excitement wore off, and he turned to Syfec. Somehow he had gotten behind him, he supposed that while he was concentrating, Kanzora must have turned away on accident.

"How was that, wiz?"
KanzoraSehol
Player

Postby Syfec Morbus on October 23rd, 2009, 3:10 am

For a little while, Kanzora's display of Reimancy ineptitude was entertaining, even interesting to Syfec. It peaked his interest to see the progress of another first time Res creation. Thus far, Syfec had only seen himself in action, so it was interesting to see how another did it, especially on their first time. He half wondered why the Dhani was picking it up so much quicker than Syfec had. Was this guy just a better mage than him? Syfec quickly dismissed the idea; his circumstances had been much different. After his initiation, he was most concerned with staying alive.

Though it was incredibly interesting at first, the novelty value of Kanzora's efforts quickly became increasingly boring. Syfec tried to act like he was somewhat interested in the Dhani's efforts, but there was only so long that he could watch a person concentrate. Though the man succeeded in creating a couple tiny balls of Res, they almost always amounted to nothing. Syfec couldn't stand just waiting anymore. He abandoned his effort to seem engrossed in Kanzora's efforts and diverted some of his own attention to playing with a small ball of Res that he willed into existence without too much effort.

He did it mostly for entertainment to himself (it was incredibly entertaining to shape and reshape it constantly, changing it's state of being), but there was a part of him that loved to show off. Flaunting the ease of his Res production was oddly satisfying when the person next to him was having such trouble creating even a tiny ball of Res.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Kanzora was able to produce an amount of Res that was perfect for the next step. Just as Kanzora turned to ready himself for the next step, he lost control of the Res. "How was that, wiz?"

Syfec looked at him, unable to hide his disappointment, "That was great, but now you have to do it all over again. Make another ball of Res, just like that and then we can finish up this lesson."
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Character sheet

Previous