Weave Before You Court My Daughter[Sama'el]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Baku on February 18th, 2011, 5:12 am

Daed slowly shook his head looking at Sama’el as he spoke of what he saw. “Hearing isn’t everything when it comes to the web, especially at first.” Daed said as he reached out and pulled his scythe free from the ground. “The senses are always a tricky thing in the Web as well. Generally when you don’t have a physical form, it becomes difficult to become aware of your senses at all save for sight and touch. Even masters will have a difficulty with smell, some not smelling at all.”

Daed began strapping his scythe to his back then. “For the beginners, it’s more about keeping track of what’s been moving through the lands. Of discovering potential threats.” Daed explained. “For the start, just focus on seeing what’s in the web. Reading it a little more than feeling it.”

Daed gave quick nod as he knelt down in front of Sama’el. “Indeed, those were the events of the day,” Daed replied, running his hand over the web. “There is so much more to be seen in the webs as well, and there in lies the danger. Take your time with it Sama’el.”

Daed then looked to Sama’el, a serious look on his features. “Don’t, let it draw you in completely. Ultimately, the Web is a reference, not a thick book.” Daed explained simply. “Go in, obtain the information you desire, then leave. No matter how much it feels right to stay. Real life is out here on the plains, not in there in the Web.”

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 26th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Sama'el nodded, accepting Daed's wisdom, though he would have to work with the Web for many turnings of the season-wheel before that wisdom truly became his own. Caution he had in abundance; that was how he had survived for so long so far from his people, after all. But a true understanding of that web of energy that connected that people was another endeavor altogether.

"Thank you, Ankal," he said, trying to grow accustomed to the ley-lines and nodes of energy that now overlay his vision. With the help of Dymphna's father, he regained his feet and they clasped wrists in a friendly salute to each other. "I am honored by your teaching."

Honored and honored, he thought, for such training would bring Dymphna's hand in marriage within reach if he worked hard and attained enough resources and prestige to begin his own pavilion.

Vaulting up onto Dohaina's back, he landed gently. He couldn't help showing off a bit of what he was good at with a simple acrobatic trick. One must remind one's future father-in-law why one would make a good son-in-law. The Drykas respected capability, and Sama'el was a more than capable rider. So capable, in fact, that such tricks were possible without serious risk of injury, and Dohaina was so well bonded with him that she bore his shenanigans with patient good grace. His feet slipped into the stirrups of her yvas and he smiled, looking and feeling much more balanced on horseback than upon his own two feet.

"I will make you proud," he promised, and then Dohaina took off, prompted by some invisible cue from her rider.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Baku on March 6th, 2011, 6:45 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Sama’el: +5 Rhetoric, +2 Riding, +5 Webbing

Lore: Dymphna’s Father: Daed, The Purpose of Webbing, How Webbing Can Be Used, The Dangers of Webbing, Orign Stones, The Risks of Webbing, Starting Out. Webbing’s Baptism, Diving Into the Web, The Draw of the Web, Simple Warnings

Additional Notes: And so young Sama’el takes his first steps into the world of Webbing. May he use such wisely and not to peep on Dymphna bathing earlier along a web that crosses along a river. Fun thread.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous