[Verified by Crosspatch] Clemens Kos

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Clemens Kos

Postby Clemens Kos on December 25th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Clemens Kos

Appearance

Race: A human.
Birthday: 4th, Summer, 494AV.
Birthplace: Syliras.

Appearance:
Kos is a tall, young man. He's got messy black hair, which reaches up to his neck on the one left side, yet is almost fully shaved on his right one, leaving an odd sight in the eyes of the beholder. The longer side of his hair can easily cover his left eye, and the left corner of his mouth. The one eye that is revealed, can be seen in the dark green color, looking somewhat tired. His skin, where not exactly covered with pimpels, is usually covered with dirt and a a twig or two stuck in his hair. His nose, shaped in a horridly way would show that it was broken a couple of times, as it somewhat curved. If one would ever remove the hair that covers his left ear, one could easily see half of it is missing.

The man, if found without a shirt on, would not have any tattoos, nor piercings. But he did appear somehow worn. Bruises and cuts, ranging from several paper-like cuts across hi right arm and left hand, to a big, somewhat nasty yet still healed gash across his stomach. He also appears to be lacking his right hand's pinky finger.

All in all, he's everything other than pretty, and he understands that himself. At most times, he is wearing a mask to hide himself from sight. Wearing a leather jacket with a belt-puch around his waist, and one more over his left shoulder, with what seemed to be countless small pockets to hide anything and everything. A dagger hanging over his hip, usually wearing dark black leaher gloves. He has no jewerly on him, save for a three iron bands he wears as rings, on his left middle finger, and his right middle and index finger.

Character Concept

Kos will start out as a somewhat petty thief, and a failed attempt at a mercenary. I wish to start him out with 'false' morals, and see where he can end up with. I will have him experience the hardships and loss of a loved one early in his life, which will wrap his own emotions into a bundled mess. His appereance isn't at all plesant, so having no people skills and actually looking like someone who'd murder for coin, I wish to see if he can find someone to open up, or will his problem stay around, and become permanent. As he is at the time of creation, he'll be a blank sheet of paper with a few stains. If one is to clean that, or throw it away is, however, not my decision.

Character History

Kos was born in Syliras, to an aspiring knight and a flower shop owner. Where the father was usually out and about on his knightly duties, for what Kos remembers he was a good man with a good heart. Yet, that didn't help him at all, if he didn't see him for longer period of times. The flower shop was somewhat small, and usually it were only friends that bought the wares there, because there were better deals with bigger variety elsewhere. So the two, being Kos and his mother, didn't exactly got the luxury of living a colorful life. Specially in winter, where there was not exactly possible to get flowers, yet money was still needed to pay.
He grew up without actually learning how to write and read, and was for the most part a simple mommy's boy, spoiled with what little his mother could offer. As a small child, he didn't know such, but there were multiple occasions where he got to eat, yet he was the only one doing so. In springs, there were usually a little more money to be had, so each year he earned the privilege to have small turoring classes by a bard his mother knew, and even though late - Kos learned how to read and write when he turned fourteen. The same year where he found out he stayed without a father, as he was killed when he patrolled alone in the wilderness.
Yet the maturing boy disliked the fact that he was mostly alone, locked away in the shop because the mother was too afraid to be taken by some sort of animal as well. We all know teenagers, though, and their constant wish to defy their parents. Kos was no different. One night he snuck out, deciding to go explore outside the city he was locked in for so long. Not wanting to keep on the streets, he ventured into a forest - where he was met by some camping slavers, and taken into custody. Unlike most slaves that looked strong, muscular, or at least smart, the little mommy's boy looked useless. To hide the 'innocent' side of him, he lost a finger and an ear in a staged argument, where the head slaver accused Kos on stealing something or the other. As months passed, Kos was beginning to hate himself more and more. He did stop to look as innocent, though. The constant abuse made his body somewhat durable - and he even cut his hair in an odd way to make him look more 'wild'. With the nomadic slave traders offering their wares, they needed to more from town to town, which also meant crossing the dangerous wilderness. One night, a pack of wolves got the smell of flesh the slavers were cooking, and in the midst of confusion and fighting, the young man got away, limping and hoping he wouldn't be caught by the wolves. He did, however, manage to steal a purse that was filled to the brink with mizas from one of the slavers ,however. By pure luck, he survived that night, and came back to Syliras after three years. Yet, he found the mother's shop closed, and following rummors he found out she moved away from the town, hoping to find a better life elsewhere.
And so he was left alone, spending the mizas he got from the slavers to buy himself at least the things he needed for survival - and started looking for work. Yet looking as he did, it was somewhat hard to find something where he had to deal with people with a friendly way. He enlisted himself as a blacksmith's apprentice, where his appereance didn't bother anymore, and he hammered away.
He wasn't that bad at manual labor, as well. So he earned enough to craft himself a nice halberd, and when not working, he swung it around the place without much of a care or skill present. Yet, Kos thought he was missing something. He began venturing outside more and more, trying to go further as he did so many years ago. Currently working as a hunter and mercenary.

And that is where I would begin my character's story.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Wilderness Survival (Forest) 15SP 15 Novice
Weapon: Halberd 15SP,2,1,4,1,1 24 Novice
Hunting 20SP,1,1,2 24 Novice
Endurance 15,3,1 19 Novice
Planning 1,1,1 3 Novice
Trapping 1,2 3 Novice
Observation 3,4,3,3,3,5 20 Novice
Socialization 5,3,3,4,25 21 Novice
Rhetorics 1,1,1 3 Novice
Interogation 1,1 2 Novice
Acrobatics 1,1 2 Novice
Tactics 2,2,2 6 Novice
Unarmed combat 1 1 Novice
Metitation 11Novice
Acting11 Novice
Animal Husbandry11 Novice
Teaching44 Novice
Weapon: Dagger11 Novice
Wresling11 Novice
Digging22 Novice
Humming11 Novice
Improvisation11 Novice
Leadership22 Novice
Carving11 Novice
Organisation11 Novice
Land navigation11 novice
Time managment11 Novice
Tracking11 Novice
Inteligence22 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores: (Pick 2)
Secret :
Lore of edible plants in Sylira[SP]
Lore of sharpening blades[SP]

Trapping: Setting a Simple Snare
Trapping: How to Bait a Fox
Frightening Strangers
Arden: Clumsy Herbalist
Arden: A Vantha
Vantha: Have Changing Eye Colors
Winters in Avanthal

Acrobatics: Upper Body Stretches
Garland: Syliran Squire
Halberd: Defense Stances
Unarmed Combat: Kicking to Disarm
Taking a Punch

Don’t jump head first into the snow
Remember to bring traps when hunting
Having the poop scared out of you by a clay squirrel
Archailist: the angry squirrel
Sir Iros: Intimidating patron knight to Archailist
Winter just isn’t a good time to hunt
Pycons: Clay children of the God Harameaus
Near death experience
Getting ambushed by bandits

Gnosis: Basics of Ice Reaving
Religion: Basic Knowledge of Morwen
Socialization: The Basics of Effective Conversation
Tactics: Effectively Analyzing Your Opponent's Weapon
Teaching Simple Combat Techniques
Weapon (Halberd): Using the Size to Your Advantage
Wrestling: Mounted Position

Lore- A rats nest of string
Lore- Orin Fenix
Lore- Seasonal Meat
Lore- The value of Company
Lore- Digging a Trap in Winter
Lore- Trapping Improvisation
Lore- Execution is Mercy

Lore – How to Skin a Stag
Lore- How to gut a Stag
Lore – Claudia Blackwood, Aspiring Squire

Possessions

Heirloom: A young tamed rat.

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple thick cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
- 247GM (House cash in) +100GM (SP)
- Animal snare, small
- Climbing claws
- Tent, one person
- Thieves' tools
- Nettle cloak
- Mask
- Dagger, assassin's
- Halberd
- Studded leather
- Arm, Rerebrace
- Showel
- Toolkit, hunter
- 2x Linen
- Arm, Vambrace

Housing

Location: Renting a small room within the city of Syliras, in the Traveler's Row.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Housing gold +500GM 600GM
Animal snare, small-5GM595GM
Climbing claws -8GM 587GM
Tent, one person -2GM 585GM
Thieves' tools -30GM 555GM
Nettle cloak -40GM 515GM
Mask -1GM 514GM
Dagger, assassin's -2GM 512GM
Halberd -20GM 492GM
Studded leather -20GM 472GM
Arm, Rerebrace-40GM 432GM
Showel -2GM430GM
Toolkit, hunter -25GM 405GM
2x Linen -8GM 397GM
Arm, Vambrace -50GM 347GM
Expenses(winter514) -35GM 312GM
Wages(winter514) +335GM 647GM
Expenses(Spring515) -40GM607GM

Thread List

Winter 514

Fall 516
Cry Merc-y
Last edited by Clemens Kos on November 25th, 2016, 2:23 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Clemens Kos
Player

Words: 131697
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2014, 4:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Clemens Kos

Postby Clemens Kos on February 3rd, 2015, 1:50 pm

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
The name I was given is Clemens Kos.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
No, not really. However people do tend to use my last name, or shorten my first name occasinally. I don't really mind.
3. How old are you?
Twenty as of now.
4. What is your height?
Last time I picked up a measuring tool, it was six foot five.
5. What is your weight?
I don't know. How am I supposed to measure that? I guess something around one ninety.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
How I see me? Every time I see my reflextion I see this thing that was through too much stupid things to count. But I really don't mind it all that much. It's what I am. My hair doesn't bother me, my missing ear doesn't bother me, and my broken nose doesn't bother me.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
I'd guess they see a freak. I never asked them for a description. Usually they see me as something different, though. Something one should stay away from. After all, I'm quite an eyesore.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
I don't know about favorite, but I kind of like my heart. I hope it keeps beating for the time to come.
4. How physically fit are you?
Fit enough to carry a weapon.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Style? I don't really have a big selection of clothes...

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My father was a knight. Can't say I know a whole lot about him, other than what I was told. Honor and a pure heart, is what my mother got into my head. But he got killed on a mission when I was still a kid. Can't even recall his face anymore.

As for my mother, well she was a plain woman. Had a flower shop, and really couldn't be angry even if she tried to be. Was too sweet and caring for that. I guess that's the reason she left Syliras when I was taken. I haven't seen her ever since. ...Which reminds me, wonder if she's doing okay...
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
No, I was an only child.
3. What is your extended family like?
Afraid I know little to nothing about any sort of uncles or nieces. Mother never told me much about her earlier life, and father was never home to do such.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I heard someone say the line 'one can pick their friends, but not their blood'. Being left with little to nothing, I consider anyone I can actually trust someone important. I really don't have a scale for such things.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Nibbles is my family. So yes, I do.

I was born in Syliras, without much complications as I was told.
2. Where do you live now?
Currently, I am renting a room in a tavern. The rent is cheaper and money is something I don't really have.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Somewhere not cold, preferably. No real place stands out, as long as I can call it home.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Does my room count? All I want is to be left alone sometimes, so anywhere where I'm not bothered works.
5. Where do you fear to be?
In a Slaver's camp...again...

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I got a broken nose, a missing left ear, and my right hand's pinky. Other than that I have some scars over my body, but who really keeps count of those.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
I'm right handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I only speak common. And I don't know. I'm not too deep. I can't really describe my accent.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Well I do jerk my head from time to time, to get the hair out from my eyes. I guess it could get annoying.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
No, not really. You need money for that, and that's something I don't have.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Currently I work as a hunter.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
Only in winter. But that's simply because I can't catch anything in the snow. But that's not saying I like it, either. It's work. I get paid to do something.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I wish to become a sellsword. To fight for someone who can't. And get paid doing so. With no oaths to keep you down.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I'm torn. But I know for a fact that without bakers or cooks, we'd all be dead. I have a certain amount of respect for people like that.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
It's slavers. That's an occupation, right? I hope they burn somewhere. All of them.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I wanted to explore. Wanted to see the world. I guess I was quite the load for my mother. Can't say I behaved.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
I once got a really big cake as a gift from someone my mother knew. Was so big the two of us eat it for three days, before it got bad.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
I guess...Being caught by slavers could easily be the worst point of my life.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I can't say anything about my father. I barely knew him. But thinking back now, I respected my mother even though I didn't always do as told. Kinda saddens me thinking back.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Growing up, probably my mother. The only person I actually listened to...sometimes.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
Almost none. Learned to read and write when I was around fifteen. Can't say I know a whole lot.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I don't pursue knowledge. I learn whatever I see on the road, on the way. Not a question of liking, but more that I have to.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
I mimic others, or do trial and error. It's bound to work at one point.
4. How do you learn best?
Being placed in the middle of the problem.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I don't really have a lot of educational goals. I'll learn whatever the world will offer, without looking for it.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I mean...If someone is kind to me, I'll care for them. Isn't that how it usualy goes? As for bond...Well I'd be sad if something happens to them, and happy if they're happy. But I don't like people getting too close to me. I'm usually a disapointment.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
Depends on the circumstances. There were occasions where I trusted someone right away, and also times when I didn't believe a word they say. I guess I go with my gut feeling.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I don't know. I guess I'll go with straight, seeing as how I was brought up that way. Even though things happened...
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Romantically, and not by my mother? No, not really.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I guess that counts as the first time, even though I get shudders thinking back. It was late, it was a thick summer night, and I guess a slaver felt lonely. It hurt, I felt sick, and wasn't magical as people usually say it will be. I couldn't even walk the next day. All they did was laugh at me.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
I was. And it really felt odd. I felt so light, with everything going really woobly around me. Like, even though I seen my hand move, I couldn't really feel how much I moved it. Then my stomach turned, and I spend the night in a bush. Can't say it was a plesant experience.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Regular? No. I don't have the money for that sort of luxury.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Flavored. I don't like the clean taste, because it burns a bit too much.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
That's the one thing I haven't really tried.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I can see the appeal. Using something like that to be in a better mood. Forget about your problems, or simply have a fun time. But that's not for me. I don't need to be in a better mood to think, nor do I want to forget something. I lived without them up until now, and I did just fine. I couldn't care less what other people do, however.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I spend my free time training. I like fighting. Makes me feel lighter and free from everything else.
2. Do you like to read?
No, not really. I'm not the type of guy who would sit down and read.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
I hate a lot of things. From snow, to people that act like they're better than anyone else. I mean, even if they are they don't need to rub it in someone's face.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
I like spending time with Nibbles, my pet rat.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
I guess being asked personal questions. I don't really like to share much about myself to others. No one bothered to ask about me before, so I kind of don't know how to act around people.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
I like blue.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Evening? Anything that isn't morning. I have problems waking up.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
Can't really answer that. I don't know. I mean...Those wolves were really beautiful, and how they jump on my captors. But saying I enjoyed watching their intensils ripped open would just me wrong of me...no? No?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I like salty food. Anything, really. Not having a lot to pick from food is good no matter how it tastes. But if I have the luxury of choise, I tend not to go with food that's squishy, or chewy.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
I like a clean sky, without rain or thunder. I don't feel quite comfortable hearing that if I have no shelter.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I guess I can be quite pessimistic at times.
2. What are your religious views?
As long as it doesn't bother me, I don't care what people belive in. As for me, I like to be able to trust myself.
3. Would you be able to kill?
I...would. Not proud on it, but I did before. I would again. It's the strong that have the power.
4. What are your views on sex?
I guess it could be a fun activity if you could pick someone you like. I don't know...I don't have a lot of experience of that.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Become stronger, stay alive, earn enough to be happy and have what you need? That sounds about right.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
I guess I still thing the most stupid thing I did was go out alone that day, without telling anyone. Best, however? I'm still alive, and stronger than before. That has to count for something.
2. What is your greatest regret?
As I said. Getting caught is something that changed my life completely. But I really don't want to talk about it.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
Think I already answered that.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
Not getting caught comes to mind. My life would be so much different right now. I mean...I could be so much more. Then again, I would probably think different as well.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
I...escaped. I survived torment. Even if I everything was taken away from me, I still had myself to keep safe.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
I'm not. I don't like sharing my thoughts and feelings. People would pitty me, and I hate that. I rather they see me as a freak and get intimidated. Easier for me that way.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I...Really don't like the knights. They took my father away from me. And the rummors about controling the city...yeah. I met knights who were really nice people but still. I'm always cautious. That and, I'm not talking to a slaver. I'd rather stab him if I ever see one.
3. What makes you happy?
The little things I experience. From a catch while hunting, or an hour of sparring to playing around with my rat. I learned to appreciate those.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
Myself? ...Hrmm, that sounded better in my head.
5. What makes you angry?
A lot of things. Being pittied comes to mind. Or underastimated. Laughed at. Humiliated. I could go on.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
I treat them like they treat me. If someone's kind to me, I'll try not to make them upset or sad. If someone's acting like a prick, I'll get hostile myself. I like to reflect other's actions.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Again, I would have to say myself. I was through too much, and endured. If I wouldn't respect myself, I wouldn't be here now.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
I guess...I would have to say my friends? Or, well...People whom I met and despite what I look like accepted it. Didn't ask questions, and didn't pry in. Or those who helped me become better at what I do.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
No, I don't. To describe? Someone who's good to me. Who accepts me for what I am, and want to be. Who doesn't try and change me, and whom I can share a connection with. ...Boy, am I unoriginal, huh. I read that somewhere. Thought it would sound neat.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
I wish to be able to protect myself. That is what I am trying to achieve. I don't want to rely on others, because they wont always be there for me. And if someone gets hurt because of me...No, that's a feeling I rather avoid.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I tend to avoid conflict. I don't interact a lot, anyways, so when I do I try to not get on someone's bad side. Unless they say something utter stupid. I'll call them out.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
No. I don't like leading. I'm far too self centered to think for others.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
No, I don't. Because I always feel I am surrounded. Specially with me not saying a whole lot, it usually ends with them having a conversation and be just...standing there.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
If I would care, I'd cut my hair, and stop walking around with a mask. I know I'm a freak, so if they think so too...well, good for them.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
What kind of question is that? I...uhh...They're there as much as I am.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I think I can say I'm somewhat determined. I want to stay alive. So until I die, I'll have quite a strong will.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
My people skills? Or well, the lack there-off. I simply don't want to change to appeal to others.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn't mind looking better, that's for sure... But I wouldn't kill for that. Ehh...
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
I guess I don't really care that much for the people around me. I like being alone. Introvered, I guess.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
What do you mean, messy? If I can find everything I need without cleaning something up, I'll call that ogranized.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
None.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
To be honest, all of them. To know that things so powerful exsist...Makes you feel tiny.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
No, not really.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
The distance of my step. If it goes the other way I am going, I'm not making an extra turn.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
I don't follow any myself, but I think losing your own will is pretty 'too much' in my eyes.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
To survive, and find a place for mself.
2. What is the best part of life?
Bettering yourself.
3. What is the best part of death?
Being able to...Rest after a lifetime of work.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I want to die for my ideals. To know my actions changed something.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
It sounds aweful, but if people thought 'he looked odd, but wasn't that bad' is enough for me.
Clemens Kos
Player

Words: 131697
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2014, 4:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets