[Unverified] Kennen Dova

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kennen Dova

Postby Kennen Dova on January 2nd, 2015, 12:53 am

Kennen Dova

Appearance

Race: Human(Inarta)
Birthday: 72, Summer, 501
Birthplace: Windreach

Appearance: Fiery red hair tops a pale complexion. His expression is usually chipper, despite the bruises and various marks that often adorn him. His eyes are the color of molten gold, a trait that was celebrated when he was younger but in his life as a slave simply attracted more unwanted attention to himself. Despite the often beatings he recieves due to his fiery tempermant, he never has a scar that might mar his looks. A golden eye'd fair skinned boy can fetch a high price in the right crowds after all.

Height: 4'11"
weight: 87 lbs

Character Concept

"You can take my body. You can take my mind. But you can't take my heart from the sky."

Kidnapped at a young age, kennen was forcibly seperated from his parents and his bonded Eagle. Forced into slavery, he quickly found his way across mizahar until he ended up in the home of a cruel slave owner in Sunberth who purchased Kennen to entertain his less than reputable guests. They were allowed to do as they pleased with him as long as they left no marks. Despite the cruelties done to him for as long as he can remember, Kennen is an unusually happy child. Though prone to fiery outbursts, Kennen always forces himself to look at the bright side of situations. While being tortured for the pleasure of cruel and sadistic people, at least he was alive. While forced to wait hand and foot on a man he'd rather see dead, at least he was given food to eat at the end of the day. Kennen refuses to allow the world to get him down, one day he'll spread his wings again and take to the sky.

Character History

Kennen's parents were two Endal of Windreach, having had 7 children together already, grown and raised, they weren't expecting it when Kennen's mom got pregnant again after 10 years of no pregnancies, but they weren't worried. Another child would be nothing but a blessing. Around the same time, his mother's bonded mate, Zephyr, lay an egg. The day Kennen was born was also the day Zephyr's egg hatched, producing a male fledling which was named Aerio. In fact, it happened at the same time, as his mother gave birth to him, Aerio cracked his egg and saw the world for the first time. As Kennen opened his eyes, it was considered an amazing omen to his parents, there child was staring at them with eyes the color of soft molten gold. The eyes that were said to mean he had been a Wind Eagle himself in his previous life, and he was destined for great things.

Kennen was raised with Aerio, Zephyr treating the young boy as if he was her own. There was never a moment in Kennen's young life that he was alone, even if there were no one speaking, he had the wind eagles voices in his head speaking to him, soothing him. Being the child of two Endal, and having such a close bond with the Eagles they rode, Kennen was learning to ride Eagle back even before he fully learned to walk. Overprotective would be an understatement in describing Zephyr's attitude towards her wingless child, for that is exactly how she saw him. To Zephyr, Kennen might as well have been hatched next to Aerio.

When Kennen and Aerio were four, was when Aerio finally decided on who he would take as his mate. It happened on one of the many flights Zephyr took with aerio while Kennen was riding her back behind his mother. Aerio had just been showing off, furling his wings and diving down into the water below before coming shooting back up, laughing in Kennen's mind, taunting him that he could fly while Kennen Couldn't. Not wanting to be outdid by Aerio, Kennen shifted on Zephyr's back before tossing caution to the wind and diving off, aiming to dive down into the water far below. To late Kennen realised his error, while he had the confidence and innocence of a child he still realised as he was falling, that he was going to die. There was no way he could survive a fall of that height, even if he did land in the water. But still he was determined, he straitened himself out into a dive, speeding down trying to keep his calm as he fell faster and faster. He was going to win, and beat Aerio, no matter what. About 2 dozen feet above the water, as it began to loom bigger and bigger and his death seemed inevitable, he felt claws grab his Byrda and catch him just before he died.

"Foolish." Was the only word Aerio said to him, but the feeling of pride radiating from Aerio said everything, they were bonded. Not even old enough to join the Yasi and his Role in society was already determined. On that day, his parents had a special tattoo commissioned, to signify there child will never be chained to the ground.

~~~His capture~~~~
At the age of six, two years after he had bonded with Aerio, he was out practicing his flying skills with his elder brother. The four, Kennen, Aerio, His Brother, and His brothers Eagle, were inseperable, always flying off together to see what they could find. His brother, immensly proud of his little bro, had semi-adopted Kennen into his flight, taking Kennen and Aerio with them when they knew the mission wasn't one of immense danger, and there would be other Endal on the watch to protect the child. But this time was different, Kennen had convinced his elder brother to take them flying far from wind reach, testing there endurance and ability to fly long distance. Not believing they'd have to land, and fearing no one in the air, Kennen's brother took him out without anyone else just the four of them. While flying, Aerio got it into his head to show off his flying prowess and began flying closer and closer to the ground where it's harder to maintain a high speed for any length of time. Soon they were close enough that if Kennen had reached out, he could have touched the ground speeding beneath them. It was this undo risk that caused it all.

Suddenly a net went up in Aerio's way. Though he tried his best to avoid it, he was moving far to fast to avoid the sudden hazard, and it caught the eagle and his young rider, dragging both to the ground with a loud and jarring crash. What happens next is a blur, there were blue feathered people flying through the air, while evil looking men swarm Kennen. The one memory that is clear of that time is of a bloody Aerio flapping his wings, trying to fight off the blue, winged, people harrasing him as he reentered the air.

After that it's just a blur of faces, Miza's being exchanged, and various touches. The fist that hurts, the hand that carasses and uses, the touch that slaps, and the one that pulls. His mind shuts out most of the memories of his slavery, especially those too painful or tramatizing for him to deal with. This has caused him to have a lot of blank spots, filled only with dreams of flying.

~~~Slave Experiences~~~

Kennen early on was cultivated by the slavers to be an archer, His original owner deciding that he would spark interest in a show with a 'Magical Inarta Sniper'. However, as the expenses started to rack up in his training, his owner became bankrupt and sold Kennen at a loss. His next three owners used Kennen as a pleasure slave, cheap laborer, and then pleasure slave once more. Finally his last owner used him as a cheap bird keeper, using him to clean out there cages. This is when his skill and natural talent with birds came to light. He managed to get the birds to do things no other trainer could, and would often talk to them. They were his escape from his life. They could fly through the air while he was trapped on the ground, his wings clipped. Noticing Kennen's skill, his new owner had Kennen trained more with the birds when he wasn't being used to entertain his guests, and later on having the birds join Kennen in his entertainment of the men moving through the buisiness.

~~~Currently~~~
Being Reworked, patience please :
Kennen has recently managed to get away from his slave owner, after an unfortunate(for the owner) incident that left him bleeding out on the floor and his coin pouch in Kennen's hands. With an unexpected fortune, and no idea of what to do, Kennen fled Sunberth as fast he could. He managed to convince a captain to take him to Zeltiva where he then booked passage to Riverfall, having been told it's as close to Wind Reach he could get in one sailing and that from there he might be able to find a way to finish the trek. However he arrived in Riverfall just in time for the winter storms to close the port, stranding him in a strange city filled with strange people and no one to rely on. Will he be able to survive long enough to see himself home? Or will he end up another corpse in the Sea of Grass?

Secret :
The story of Kennen's escape will be elaborated later, more than likely through a flashback. It will also explain where he got his money he started with, and how he managed to make it down to Zeltiva. When that thread is completed, I will post the link here instead of this spoiler.

Language

Fluent Language: Nari
Basic Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Weapon Skill(Longbow) 10 SP 10 Novice
Massasge 20 SP 20 Novice
Painting 5 SP 5 Novice
Falconry 10 RB 15 SP 25 Competent

Lores

Lore of Bonding an Eagle
Lore of Losing a Bond

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-1 Longbow with an eagle engraved into it
-40 longbow arrows inside 2 quivers, one he keeps slung on his back, the other on his hip
523 Gold Mizas

Heirloom:
an elaborate tatoo of a pair of eagle wings on his back, recieved when he bonded with Aerio, his only link to his past. The tatoo was designed to allow touch ups as he grew without making it look bad, but because of the time since he got it it is full of holes waiting to be filled by a skilled artisan.

What It Will Look Like Complete :

Housing

Location: Lived in WindReach until he was 6, spent a year and a half being sold across Mizahar, then spent the rest of his time in Sunberth. Is now in Riverfall.

House: Doesn't currently have one, is looking.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
No House +500 GM 600 GM
Long Bow -75 GM 525 GM
Long Bow Arrows(40) -2 GM 523 GM

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Kennen Dova on January 11th, 2015, 5:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
Pictures edited by Keene Ward
Kennen Dova
Spread your wings and fly, easy right?

Words: 24777
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2014, 9:16 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Kennen Dova

Postby Kennen Dova on January 4th, 2015, 12:41 am

Interview with Kennen Dova

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Kennen Dova
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Slave, Boy, Bird, Sparrow. I didn't choose them, those are just what my master called me.
3. How old are you?
Thirteen if I've kept track correctly.
4. What is your height?
Short? I haven't measured myself, but I know I'm not very tall.
5. What is your weight?
Light? Again I haven't measured yet, I'll get back to you when I do

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I'm short, pretty light, and everyone likes my eyes. Um, my hair Is red and I'm really pale. Whats with this question, can't you see for yourself?
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Different, exotic, bird like. I've been called, 'My Little Bird' many times before. Something about me must be good, because I was kept around for a long time.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
My eyes. Even though they attract unwanted attention, I like being different.
4. How physically fit are you?
Umm, I dont understand the question. I'm not fat, but I'm still really small I guess.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Before, when I was a slave, I rarely had more clothes on then was needed for my Masters Tastes. But now, I like being shirtless but I can't do that right now, it's pretty cold.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
I Don't know there names, I remember Aerio and Zephyr but the other names I can't remember. But I remember my mothers beautiful hair like fire, and my fathers large bow. One day I'll meet them again and tell you everything.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I think. . . I'm not sure.
3. What is your extended family like?
I can't remember them, hopefully nice.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I've never had one, would you like to be my friend?
5. Do you treat animals like family?
The birds are the only family I remember clearly. They've always been there for me, and always will be.

A place called Windreach.
Where do you live now? Riverfall, though not by choice. I'd much rather be home.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Windreach, I want to go back home.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
What is a vacation? Leisure time? I don't understand what your trying to ask me.
5. Where do you fear to be?
Back in chains, or a cage. I would rather die then go back into slavery.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I bruise easily, but my master never let me get scars, it would lower my value he said.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Left handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak the language of the wind, and what do you mean what do I sound like? I sound like me, and of course I dont have an accent, everyone else does.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Timothy says I whistle, and looks at me funny when I do, but really I'm just talking in my home language. My master used to get upset that I don't like sitting, so much as just crouching on the balls of my feet. He used to say, 'stop perching like a bird.'
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
I have a pair of wings on my back that needs to finished. I don't remember much about getting them, but they're my connection to my past, and wings that will never be clipped. I love them.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
I've learned how to massage, to please my master and his friends. I know how to talk to birds, and how to read and write, but the language most people speak is difficult for me.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
No, learning will help me get home.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
From my various masters as they tried getting me to be what they wanted.
4. How do you learn best?
From figuring out on my own. A helping hand is nice, but I like solving the problem by myself. It's how I learned to speak this language when I was taken.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
To learn common better so I can communicate better, and to learn more about the birds.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Not yet, I hope I will but All I've had the opportunity to with is the birds.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I try to, not everyone in the world can be bad, but sometimes it gets hard.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I. . . I don't know. I never thought I'd be able to decide for myself. Give me some time?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Yes. . . but can we not, it's not something I want to think about.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I think so, but I can't remember. . . I can't remember a lot of stuff.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Yes, It was a few years after I was captured, I had a new master who liked me drunk so I wouldn't complain to much when he used me.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis
? No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
none, there all poison.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Again, various masters have made me take drugs and stuff that made me crazy, like not able to think right. But I hate them.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
They're tools used by Masters, it should all be burned.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I like talking to birds, they never complain, though they do like to talk a lot themselves.
2. Do you like to read?
Sometimes, it depends on what it is. I haven't really had the chance to read except the orders various masters left.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Being lied to. I don't mind cruel people. I don't mind greedy people. But just don't lie to me ok?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
To lie in the grass with my shirt off, feel the ground on my skin, and listen to the birds in the air. I've rarely had the opportunity to be away from my master, but when I did this is what I liked to do.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
Not knowing stuff, especially when it's obvious to others. I hate that I was a slave, and I don't want just everyone knowing. Being stupid is a sure way for people to find out.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
Blue like the sky.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Dawn, a brand new day with a brand new sky.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
A flock of sparrows back-lit by the rising sun.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
Fish is good, so are sweets. I haven't really had much choice, once I've eaten more things I'll let you know.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Pictures edited by Keene Ward
Kennen Dova
Spread your wings and fly, easy right?

Words: 24777
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2014, 9:16 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Kennen Dova

Postby Gossamer on January 11th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Moderator Intervention

The Issue(s):HI there.

You need some quick modifications to your character's past. There is no way a Wind Eagle would bond with a four year old child. Children are raised away from Wind Eagles in Wind Reach in a group collective. So while your parents might be Endals and visit, they'd have no time on their schedule to actually rear a child in their arie. :)

Also, please try and justify how a child so young survived and managed to travel without getting eaten or taken. You have gaps where your PC has moved around with little explanation. You need to fill in those gaps because a child your age in the wilds would not survive.

PM me when you have the above issues corrected and this intervention will be removed.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)