Howdy Howdy Howdy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Howdy Howdy Howdy

Postby Shrath on January 5th, 2015, 1:20 am

Heyo. I'm, obviously, new here. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time these past 24 hours reading the lore and wow. Is it extensive. And I feel like I've barely reached the tip of the iceberg. Without further ado, I'll answer some of those questions.

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!

I guess Shrath works. I mean, it is my username.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

I used to be all about roleplaying. I moderated some Pokemon boards and was a part of several general boards, back in the day.

3. How did you find us?

I got nostalgic, and I think I just googled, "Fantasy RP." Pretty sure that this was the first result.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

I tend to do first person, present. My posts are usually at least a couple of paragraphs long. That said, that was when I was 13 or 14, and I'd like to think that I'm at least a little more eloquent than I was 7 or so years ago, so maybe they'll be longer now. Or the same length, but better written?

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

I'm not sure I really have a firm limit, regarding what I won't write. Poetry, maybe? I'm not a good poet. But as far as what I like to write, well, fantasy and science fiction are my bread and butter. There's a reason I'm here, after all.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

I really dig world building, and Mizahar has so damn much of it.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

I haven't been a member for 3 hours. I'm expected to be frustrated already?

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?

Ultimately, fame, adoration, money, an army of sycophants to carry out my every whim.

Or, you know, fun..

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

I don't think so? Not at the moment?

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

Hmm. I'm planning on running a ghost. A Jamoura that died while carrying out Marn's wishes to spread their teachings and all that. I really like the idea of playing a scholar-type character, who couldn't let go of the desire for knowledge to the point where he refuses to pass on, since a new life would mean starting over again. Plus, I love the dichotomy of him having been such a physical powerhouse before, and having little interaction with the physical world now. I think that it would be interesting to roleplay.

Does that fit the tone of Mizahar? I don't want to pick something that would be completely inappropriate to the world.
Shrath
Player

Words: 1016
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2015, 11:48 pm
Race: Ghost

Howdy Howdy Howdy

Postby Keene Ward on January 5th, 2015, 8:50 am

Heya, Shrath!

Welcome to Mizahar! :) I'm glad to see you're already digging into the lore, heh. Hopefully you read your welcome PM from the admin as well! Miz is pretty much third-person posting (though I think journals and such are perfectly fine to be in the first); other than that, you seem like a pretty good fit for it. :)

Your character concept looks super interesting to me. .-. I think the Jamoura are really neat, and the idea of one clinging to life "because knowledge" is too good. I like it alot! :D Just be advised that Ghosts only gain their three racial skills naturally, and can only gain other skills through possession. Though, if you're just seeking knowledge, I suppose you'd just need the lores. xD And those are award just fine. haha

Good luck with your character, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the world. :)
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Howdy Howdy Howdy

Postby Shrath on January 5th, 2015, 6:51 pm

Yeah, I figure as a ghost that I probably don't need to be all that great at beekeeping or embalming or what have you.

And cool cool cool. I can do third-person. It's not my best, but whatevs.

EDIT: Oh! I wanted to ask about a starting package. Since, you know, I'm immaterial.
Shrath
Player

Words: 1016
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2015, 11:48 pm
Race: Ghost

Howdy Howdy Howdy

Postby Keene Ward on January 6th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Hey hey!

So it looks like your starter package is the same as everyone else's, with the exception that you can only put skills into your racial ones (and just remember the 30 point cap at creation is still there). Other than that, everything else is the same. :) I'd personally suggest cashing in your housing, since you don't really need a house if you're a ghost, but that's entirely up to you!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)