Hi Guys

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hi Guys

Postby Orin Fenix on January 24th, 2015, 2:01 am

So, I'm completely new here and relatively new to RPing in general. So, go easy on me! Well relatively easy, I mean, throwing me into the deep end MIGHT end up being the best way to teach to swim. This community looks amazing. Also complicated. So, forgive me if I ask a lot of questions and make a ton of mistakes. I'm pretty much open to try anything though and would be happy to join ongoing plots if my character fits them. Or, like, something totally new is cool too. I'm pretty easygoing. It's been a while since I did significant writing of any kind so I might not be super quick or super elegant when I respond but I promise I will respond! I'm looking forward to getting to meet some (or if I get lucky, all) of you. I guess a few things about me would be, I'm a huge sci-fi/fantasy nerd of all kinds and generally nerdy person all around. I love exploring new worlds so if you ever run into a series you like or if you want to know what I've read, let me know. Also a bit of a mythology geek. Other than that I'm pretty normal. Watch netflix, work out (much less often than I should), cook (again, occasionally) and a bunch of other normal boring things. Feel free to say hi and any tips or tricks or suggestions you might have are always welcome.

Orin is new to Syliras and he really needs a job. He's quite shy, so don't scare him! He's a good person though. He doesn't know anyone in the big city yet so he's lost and wouldn't turn down a friend. But, again, shy and a bit awkward so he's not too good at seeking out others. If that sounds at all appealing, he'll be coming to Syliras as soon as he's approved.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Hi Guys

Postby Nightmare on January 25th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Welcome!
Sounds like you will fit in well. :) If you have any questions you'd like answered, feel free to drop me a line. My inbox is always open.

One of the things I love about Mizahar is the atmosphere that permeates the game. Everyone, no matter the skill level or familiarity, is welcome to write here. So, if you need time to warm up and get back to the writing level you were at before, no on will look down on you for it. (Though some of the graders will push you to write more than 300 words per post hehe.) Everyone is here to have fun and to write!

I myself love all sorts of fantasy and sci-fi subjects and stories as well as mythology. So you are in good company! :) My suggestion is to take your time and really take in all the information, if you haven't already, and get a feel for the site. There is no time limit, nor any race here. Haha. When you are ready, try opening up a thread in Syliras or joining an open thread. From there, its all down hill.

So, welcome again! I hope your stay at Mizahar is fun and enjoyable!
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Hi Guys

Postby Zzinthorenth on January 28th, 2015, 4:57 am

Thought I'd pop in on your thread here, and say, good to have another newbie around even if we will probably be RPing in different cities! I am so glad you went with Tommy for your avatar, he is handsome, but also just the right shade of person to be a good well rounded character if played right. I can see once you get into it, you will probably grow as a writer with the help of some of the great writers they obviously have here, and as far as the forum RP goes, there aren't going to be a lot of genuinely good place that compare to the various styles and interests here. So basically, just good luck, and happy hunting and all that jazz!

See you around,
Oren
Zzinthorenth
Player

Words: 256
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:45 pm
Race: Dhani