Halvar's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Halvar's Plotnotes

Postby Halvar Frostfawn on January 25th, 2015, 9:01 am

Introduction
Hello handsome! That's right Halvar, I'm writing this for you! That way, if you have an idea for plot you can jot it down here and not forget about it! To those of you who aren't me, you too are welcome here. It might very well give you some insight into where I see Halvar as a character and where I want him to go.

Basically, I want Halvar to be the man who grows into the grizzled mentor from the fantasy books we all know and love. He's the man who will one day reluctantly pass his knowledge to the young hero that will save the world, and join him on the first of his adventures. I'll need to discuss the potential for this plotline with the mods in 20 years or so, when Halavr's IC age is appropriate. :P

So, what does this mean? Who is the mentor?
>He comes from non-spectacular origins.
>He is very skilled and knows at least one type of magic.
>He has some level of fame for his achievements.
>Is well travelled.
>He has at least one awesome magical weapon/cloak, etc. that will eventually get passed down.

This is what I eventually want from Halvar. The path he takes to get there is a work in progress.
ImageImageImage

"Halvar's Words"
Halvar's Thoughts
"Other"

"Reimancers are an arrogant lot, really. 'Ladies love fireballs,' they say. Bah! Bet they've never been to Sunberth; whores there will give you the nastiest case of fireballs you've ever had." - An overheard story
Halvar Frostfawn
Mercenary. Woodsman. Storyteller.

Words: 26573
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:11 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Halvar's Plotnotes

Postby Halvar Frostfawn on January 30th, 2015, 7:56 am

Magic
I wanted Halvar to know how to use a couple of personal magics, but I didn't want to draw him too far away from his warrior roots. In this regard, I think I'll try to set Halvar up with an anti-wizard type of skill set.

Flux
So, I obviously started Halvar out with the flux. I want him to master this magic, since it has the potential to be very potent (and the djed disruption master technique is awesome!). Of course, overgiving with this magic would be devestating... though the same could be said for any magic, really.

Shielding
Shielding is, my it's default nature, the best anti-magic tool available to someone. End-game he'll be able to keep himself shielded against hostile magic and use his high level physical skills to dispatch the traditionally 'fragile' mage-type enemies.

Auristics
A nice support skill that enables the location of magical traps, etc. as well as being a useful coupling to Wilderness Survival, Tracking, etc.
ImageImageImage

"Halvar's Words"
Halvar's Thoughts
"Other"

"Reimancers are an arrogant lot, really. 'Ladies love fireballs,' they say. Bah! Bet they've never been to Sunberth; whores there will give you the nastiest case of fireballs you've ever had." - An overheard story
Halvar Frostfawn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Halvar's Plotnotes

Postby Halvar Frostfawn on January 30th, 2015, 7:57 am

Flashbacks

So, flashbacks are a great way to train skills. Grinding combat skills is, in general, an awkward affair. What I mean is, outside of a sparring scenario (like a patron knight training his squire) in which several small exchanges can be repeated, expanded, etc. with lingo in between, a lot of fights don't last very long. If two fighters charge each other with killing intent, especially at lower levels, someone will make a mistake very quickly and die. The fight will last a couple of exchanges, tops. It is very difficult to expand such a fight over 5 posts without stepping WAY into the bounds of over-detailing stuff. Again, this is a generalisation, and I know there are exceptions.

Anyway, for Halvar, I've come up with the idea to write a series of threads entitled: 'Memories of the -blank-' in which every post will have its own timestamp, and certain key moments of his training will be covered. That way I'm not having to pump out another 'he hit the post for 12 bells' training thread and rightfully get rewarded 2 XP for it. :P

List of Memories to Cover
>Memories of the Sword
>Memories of the Bow
>Memories of the Fist
>Memories of the Flux
>Memories of the Wilds

Ideally, I'll come up with enough scenarios to have at least two parts to each memory, for a total of 10xp in each skill minimum, as well as any tertiary gains I get from using other skills across the threads (e.g. I'll probably punch something in one of the flux memories).
ImageImageImage

"Halvar's Words"
Halvar's Thoughts
"Other"

Halvar Frostfawn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes