Contemplations (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Contemplations (Closed)

Postby Viktor on November 7th, 2010, 3:08 am

Date: 58th day of Fall, 510 A.V.

A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is the world's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.

The words drifted through Viktor's mind like snowflakes caught in a sudden breeze, unable to join their bretheren on the ground that was his subconscience. What had that strange man at the tavern meant? The kelvic had been sitting at one of the tables in the midde of the room when the older man spotted him from the bar. He staggered over to the table, Viktor's table, and bestowed those words of wisdom in a breath that reaked of 'good times'. He then proceeded to stumble back to the bar, order another drink, and pass out slumped over the bar, but still. A bell later and Viktor was strolling along the shoreline, the drunkard's words haunting him. There was still plenty of time before the departure festival began, but already people were making plans, you couldn't escape it. He had to get away from it all before it drove him mad. As he crested a small hill he saw something that couldn't just be coincidence. A small pond had formed where seawater had worn away at a thin ledge leading to a crater. Sheltered from the tides it was perfectly still, and shockingly unfrozen aside from a small ring of ice that formed around the edges.

"Depth of his nature huh?" He stood at the edge of the pool of water and watched his reflection. Chimes passed and he began to grow frustrated. "What did you expect, honestly? The guy was drunk!" He chided himself, "There's nothing there!" He froze for a moment, his words sinking in. It wasn't his reflection that bothered him, it was that is was the only one there. There was an aching coming from somewhere deep inside of him, ingrained in every fiber of his being. It was like he was made to be lonely, to only truely be happy in the company of others. But it was there, even when he was having a fun time with someone else. He had always blamed it on the fact that the one person he had ever loved beside his parents was with another guy. "Why the hell couldn't you have just told her?!" He yelled at himself, his hands affixed to his forehead in frustration. But even if he had her, something inside told him that he wouldn't be completely happy. There was something, someone else out there. "Where's a petching bondmate when you need one?" He groaned, slumping to the ground beside the water. He was feeling wore than before and it was all thanks to that "Stupid lake!" He shouted, snatching a nearby stone and hurling it at the mirror like surface which shattered into waves, distorting the image. "Why the petch did I have to be born like this? Why can't I just live without this pain?" He muttered, his voice cracking. Small ripples formed as the sorrow silently overwhelmed him, forcing its way out of his eyes, down his cheeks, and disappearing into the water below.
Memorable quotes (Or, really just quote at the moment, but more will come!)
"She is not fish. She is a person too!"
Viktor
Looks like a grizzly, acts like a teddy bear

Words: 35444
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 10:25 am
Location: Standing behind you. Don't turn around though because I'm in stealth mode.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Contemplations (Closed)

Postby Viktor on November 9th, 2010, 5:09 am

After a few chimes Vikor finally managed to take back control from his emotions. He wiped his face with his sleeve and gazed back into the lake. The same image, but the pain of solitude had retreated into the backround of his mind; ever present, but no longer a threat. "For goodness' sake I'm part of the Icewatch! Is this how I want to show it?" He chided himself, shaking his head in disapproval. The people of Avanthal didn't need sniveling cubs watching the gates, they needed fierce guardians, ready to repel any invasion. Although the only thing that ever invades is the cold and the only thing you need to ward off that is warm clothes... Still he had regained confidence from the thought, knowing full well that if anything ever did come, he'd be waiting even if he hadn't found a bondmate by then. With his usual grin once again warming his face, he set off back towards the city, ready to start his shift babysitting some of the stalls in the market.

As he entered the port, his mind drifted back towards the other half of the issue, the girl he almost had. Fianna, the kelvic half of the duo that patroled the docks, had been Viktor's friend since they first met. Even back then, from that first moment, he knew he wanted to be with her. Anyone that didn't know him from that far back would have been shocked at how far the social butterfly had come. He was quiet, reserved, and a tad shy. He spent most of his time struggling through lessons and training to make sure that when the time came to lay his life on the line for the city he loved, he would come out on top. It wasn't until he met Fianna that he gradually worked his way out of his shell. But even after a year he was still nowhere close to where he was now. It wasn't until the day of his self titled biggest mistake that he swore he wasn't going to let himself hesitate when it came to other people. Even now he made it a point to go out of his way to welcome anyone who was new to the city, offering them any help he could provide, an attitude tht had certainly be diplayed this month; The hunter who tried to kill him, Kulde. By the end of the day they had teamed up against a group of dire wolves, and won. The man who could control fire, Jonas. He had learned about the amazing power just by going to talk to him. And then there was the fish-la... Charoda, he had saved from being gnawed on. "All that and I can't talk to someone I've been friends with for practically my whole life?!" Now that he had said it aloud it sounded preposterous. "First, I need to find out if still have a chance, then, Morwen providing, I am going to do what I should have done so long ago." He vowed. Still, he made it a point to avoid the pair today, he was due to start his shift soon. And I am stuck in the tavern all day tomorrow... The day after, for sure!
Memorable quotes (Or, really just quote at the moment, but more will come!)
"She is not fish. She is a person too!"
Viktor
Looks like a grizzly, acts like a teddy bear

Words: 35444
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 10:25 am
Location: Standing behind you. Don't turn around though because I'm in stealth mode.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Contemplations (Closed)

Postby Triniel on November 9th, 2010, 6:41 am

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office