Tattooing Lore Interest

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Tattooing Lore Interest

Postby Johanne on February 9th, 2015, 3:46 am

Hello all,

I'm posting here to see if there would be any interest in a development of the Tattooing skill write-up. I admit, a degree of this is self-interest, as Jo is a tattoo artist, but I understand it's a fairly popular skill. I think it would be good to get some idea as to the various types and methods of tattooing available in Mizahar, as at this moment there are no real guidelines. Please please comment here with concerns, discussion, what you would like to see!

A potential outline:
1. Overview
2. Views towards tattooing by various cultures
3. Tools of the trade; subsection of views towards hygiene and sterilisation of instruments
4. Different types of tattooing, which are used by various cultures; will include the processes and steps of
5. Healing processes and expectations by the client
6. Complementary skills
7. Skill progression
x
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh
Johanne
These scars are stories.

Words: 168999
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2012, 8:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Tattooing Lore Interest

Postby Nimah on February 9th, 2015, 4:02 am

Is there maybe going to be a section about how one learns tattooing? Is apprenticeship required?

Within the healing section is there also going to be what happens if it does not heal properly?

Is covering unwanted tattoos possible with the tools for this time period? For that matter, can tattoos every be removed by any means?

Thats all I got. I'm not sure if these would all be included or if you'd thought of them already so I offer my few cents anyway even though I know nothing about the skill :)

Happy writing!
-Nimah (aka Molly)
Nimah
I'll Leave Scars

Words: 8879
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2015, 7:25 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Tattooing Lore Interest

Postby Athaera on March 30th, 2015, 2:29 pm

I realize this is probably obvious, and I just missed it, but the drawing skill would probably have some relevance when it comes to tattoos. Would it be required as a prerequisite, or is it automatically engulfed by the subject of tattooing? Like, if you were competent in tattooing, would you automatically be competent in drawing?
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Tattooing Lore Interest

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 16th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Although I don't have any questions or criticisms like those before me, I would like to say that I would have a great deal of interest in this development. Especially as a character with windmarks, and tattoos, I'd be eager to see what you came up with to say about the entire tattooing skill, if you do end up coming back to Mizahar.
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Words: 41781
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes