Virgil Damon first thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The fortified mountain city of the Isur. [Lore]

Postby Virgil Damon on November 11th, 2010, 2:22 pm

It was going to be Virgil’s first day under the tutelage of master unarmed combatant hypnotic power sage, he was obviously excited. After all, he had sparred with Soras, a former rival of hypnotic power sa’s, and got beat pretty badly, so Virgil was eager to get up to par with Soras so they could spar again.

It wasn’t long before Virgil arrived at the hypnotic power sage’s where he greeted the guards as they let him in. Once inside though, Virgil saw Soras next to hypnotic power sage. This was odd because Soras was a former rival who now mostly self trained as he had learned all the hypnotic power sage could teach him. Virgil politely acknowledged Soras’s presence then faced the hypnotic power sage and bowed.

“Good morning master unarmed combatant hypnotic power sage, I am reporting for my training as requested sir!” he said enthusiastically.

“Ah Virgil, I’ve been waiting for you. Are you ready to begin your training?” hypnotic power sage said with a smile on his face.

“Of course sir!” Virgil replied.

As Virgil said this Soras walked toward Virgil and faced him, “Well then, let’s get started. After all you have a lot to learn.” Soras said with a sarcastic grin on his face.

“I don’t understand” Virgil exclaimed, “I thought hypnotic power sage was going to be training me?”

“Of course I will train you Virgil, but before a master unarmed combatant teacher such as myself can teach you, you have to prove your worth by mastering the basics. It is only then that you will even be worth my time.” The old hypnotic power sage said almost arrogantly.

“I see,” Virgil said, “So Soras will be my teacher?” he asked.

“In a way,” hypnotic power sage replied, “This is your first steps to becoming a Symenestra guardian and as such you will get paid for everything you master seductionist, of course in return if there is ever a threat to the Symenestra people it goes without saying that you will be there to aid them” The hypnotic power sage explained.
Last edited by Virgil Damon on November 11th, 2010, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virgil Damon
Player

Words: 7790
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2010, 1:44 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Virgil Damon on November 11th, 2010, 2:23 pm

“Alright hypnotic power sage, it makes sense to me. Well where should we start Soras?” Virgil asked.

“Heh, I thought you’d never ask,” Soras said with that nostalgic smirk of his…

Soras turned towards the exit, “Follow me Virgil, we’re training at a different location, I’ll explain your training on the way there,” Soras said as he flew out the door with Virgil not far behind.

“The first part of your training will be in the north. We’re going there to help you learn to cultivate your hypnotic power , It’s necessary if you want to be a worthy fighter of any sort much less a guardian,” Soras explained.

“Hypnotic cultivation huh? Like when you convinced that bartender to give you free drinks a few days ago?” Virgil asked.

“Yeah, except that attack was a little more advance, right now we’re just focusing on basics,” Soras seeing Virgil’s enthusiasm restated basics so he wouldn’t get too distracted.

“Got it Soras,” Virgil replied.

“Oh and Virgil, call me sir while I’m in charge of training you,” Soras said again with his cocky smile plastered on his face.

“Yes sir…” Virgil said as he thought, “well isn’t that perfect for me to call you sir… heh.”

They made it to the northern area where there was nothing but lush landscapes and light rain, not to mention being at lower temperatures you could really feel the quality of air entering your lungs.

“Wow,” Virgil said in sarcasm, “This place is like a paradise.”

“Yeah,” Soras replied, “It’s one of the best places in the area to help beginning warriors cultivate their powers, I’m sure you can see why. Even us veteran warriors become stronger just by coming here.”

“Alright Virgil, your first assignment will be to learn how to cultivate your own hypnotic power . I need you to go into that hot spring and get completely soaked, once you’ve done that begin your meditation under the waterfall, I will supervise,” Soras said.
Last edited by Virgil Damon on November 11th, 2010, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virgil Damon
Player

“Uh, why am I getting wet for again?” Virgil asked.

“Oh that’s right I didn’t tell you huh? The water here has mystical properties that aid you in being able to feel your own energy, so it’ll help speed up your training,” Soras replied.

“Alright then here I go!” Virgil exclaimed excitedly.

Virgil was completely submerged into the hot springs as he swam under the water until he got to the base of the waterfall.

“This is amazing,” Virgil thought, “I can feel energy in my entire body!”

Soras being a master unarmed combatant himself had trained many Symenestras before and noticed Virgil’s expression in a heartbeat.

“Oh, I can see you feel something huh Virgil,” Soras said in a stern voice, “That’s just the tip of the iceberg, now get under that waterfall and meditate, try and focus the energy, condensing it as much as possible so more can enter your body.” He explained.

Virgil did as he was told, sitting himself at the base of the waterfall on top of a smooth stone. The surges he felt were incredible, but he now closed his eyes and began to focus, doing as instructed. With each breath Virgil took in he took in the energy as well, and with each breath he exhaled he condensed his energy making room for more on the next breath.

Soras was impressed how quickly Virgil was catching on. Virgil now completely focused on his hypnotic power , felt entirely surrounded with nothing but pure energy, it even felt as if the water pounding on his back was absorbing into his body as energy.

After a few hours of this Soras looked over to see Virgil’s body that seemed to glow with potential energy “Virgil!” Soras called out, “Open your eyes.”

Virgil opened his eyes and was amazed at seeing his own body surrounded with his aura he felt it in every inch of himself.

“Your done the first part, now get over here,” Soras said, “You did a good job, that was even quicker than I expected.”
Virgil Damon
Player

“Thank you sir!” Virgil said.

“The next part, will be a lot harder,” Soras said, “Lets get moving, we’re going towards the canyons.”

“Yes sir!” Virgil said wondering what his next task would bring him.

Soras and Virgil arrived at the canyon tops pretty quickly, as they climbed Virgil had no idea what they were doing here.

“Alright Virgil, your next training will be to learn how to power up and power down that hypnotic power of yours,” Soras said.

“Hypnotism is a skill every accomplished magician possesses, it’s one of our fundamentals. Once you learn to power up and power down, it will allow you to convince people to do things your way.” Soras explained.

“So I’ll be able to get better than I am?” Now Virgil seemed more confused, “Then why don’t magicians just take over the world instead of training all the time,” Virgil asked.

Soras nearly fell over at this comment. “because genius, although it makes us untouchable to a point, it does have a limit as well. Normally it makes the user a little more convincing, so the more convincing you are the more it helps. Not to mention it drains from your hypnotic power reserves so you can’t keep doing it at your current level.

“Not only that but it increases your quick thinking skills as well, so you could use it as an escape method too, you would just have to power down quickly once you had gotten away from your enemy.” Soras said.

“I see,” said Virgil, “So what now-!?”

As he finished his sentence Soras had used his mystical attack to wrap Virgil up in his arms.

“I am very good at sensing my opponent’s energy, right now Virgil I am using just enough strength that you should be able to break free of my grip if you power up all the way.” Soras said.

“Tsh! At least warn me-!? Whoa!” Virgil shouted as Soras began swinging Virgil around.

“Instead of talking you should be focusing, the whole purpose is to simulate a real fight. HAH!” Soras yelled as he swung Virgil into the ground, BAM!

Virgil was clearly taken by surprise; he had no idea he was going to be pounded into a pulp for training.

“Ragh! How am I suppose to focus when he’s swinging me around like a rag doll!?” Virgil thought.

“Don’t worry Virgil, I’ll stop before hypnotic power! Hahaha,” Soras said clearly pleased with his training methods.

“The truth is that Virgil is catching on extremely quick, so I want to push him even harder,” Soras thought.

“Take this Virgil!” Soras yelled as he swung him again into the ground.

Thud! The ground cracked a little and even Soras was surprised, Virgil managed to break his fall by landing on both feet, though the force of the swing did crack the ground.
Since Virgil’s arms were facing down from being wrapped up he had an idea.

“HHHHHAAAAAAAA!” Virgil yelled as he quickly jumped back.

Since Soras wasn’t expecting this, he tripped as he was drug forwards by Virgils jump. Virgil saw this and quickly concentrated his energy to begin hypnotism. He first made eye contact with Soras which told him that this would put their training to the test. Soras knew what was about to happen and thus stopped attacking for the sake of training. Virgil spoke in a manner that captivated his old rival and basically tried the best he could to lower the aggressiveness of the situation. After he was done, Soras spoke, "good job! I don't feel like hitting you as much now… you're on your way to becoming a master hypnotist! You did well, now it's time to rest."
Virgil Damon
Player