Gem gear. Is this something that would be reasonable to try?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Zephari on February 26th, 2015, 6:19 am

I have just started here with a character that has jewelcrafting. I have always had a fondness for weapon or armor made of/augmented with gems and crystals. Does anyone have any suggestions as ways to achieve this in mizahar, or what would be used skills wise to make this happen on my own?
Zephari
The Collector

Words: 107646
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Matthew on February 27th, 2015, 4:41 pm

I think a combination of Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting would be the ideal solution. Expert Blacksmiths can create gold items, for instance. If you plan on keeping your character in a specific area for a time, the Storyteller there could give you a specific answer on what skills they would want to see from someone attempting to make such a thing.

I do feel that skill combination is the best place to start, though. Blacksmithing for forging the actual armor, combined with Jewelcrafting to fashion the jewels and fuse them with the armor.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kailily Sinclair on March 15th, 2015, 9:18 pm

You know ive always wondered about a jewel craft/ mage craft build that enchants gems to socket those shinies in weapons and armor. Id ask about that, as im not particularly certain it can work but its still a neat thought.
Shout out to Aventis for helping with my avatar. :)
Kailily Sinclair
Life Hack 101

Words: 13672
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2014, 10:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)