Being Drykas (Sam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 29th, 2011, 8:44 pm

"It's beautiful," he said, also signing for Denen's benefit. He reached out a slender finger, rough from swordplay, archery, and other, more menial tasks, and traced one of the branches whimsically down the trunk and toward the root. Denen was beautiful as a woman from this angle, all slender softness, long hair bound up, and was that a coy look? From here he could see no knob bobbing on his throat, no flat, slightly muscled chest, no all too male package.

It was strange.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on January 29th, 2011, 9:12 pm

A shy smile crossed his lips, and his cheeks flushed. A short, breathy laugh left his lips, and his blue eyes turned down demurely for the briefest of moments. When they turned back up to Sam, they were soft, seeking. Sam's finger drew near his back, and for a moment, he could feel the faint, ghost of heat before finger touched skin. He bit his lower lip, and a shiver twisted through him as contact was made. He swallowed hard, and his jaw slackened slightly. He searched Sam's face, and offered a meek smile, before he turned slightly, clutching the front of his tunic to his thin chest, and reached out to him, as if to embrace him. He had only ever been touched like that by Aiken, and he had been so confused and caught off guard then that it took a great deal of the pleasure out of the situation.

His lips twitched somewhere between a smile and confusion, and after a moment, he gave another, quiet laugh, and hid his face. Raising his hands, he signed, "Your hands are warm."
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 30th, 2011, 6:55 am

Sama'el laughed quietly, not sure exactly what he was doing. Surely Dymphna should have been present, should have been a part of this conversation. Perhaps he should tell her what was happening, his suspicions, the strange feelings.

"My Nan always said I was made of fire, but mostly in that I was as like as not to cause a wildfire with my stupidity." Despite the apparent harshness of the words, he spoke them with love and care; history was easily viewed through rose-colored spectacles.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on January 30th, 2011, 7:04 am

Denen's eyes were soft, and he reached down to fold his fingers around Sama'el's hand, which he slowly lifted to his mouth, kissing the palm tenderly. His eyes closed for a moment, and he brought the warm hand up to his cheek.

"W-Will you...Will you h-help me f-f-fix my tunic?" There was a laugh in his voice, and his eyes danced. He reached down to tug on the fabric, his cheeks flushed. He leaned near to his ear then, kissing his cheek and whispering tenderly. "I d-don't...th-thin-think you're s-s-stupid." He bit his lip and grinned, signing then. "Clumsy, maybe. A show off...definitely. But not stupid." The fact of the matter was that Denen quite adored him.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 1st, 2011, 5:44 am

Sama'el was not smooth, nor even sure if he reciprocated Denen's feelings; sure, he loved his friend, but whether he loved his friend was still open to debate. He did slide the tunic back up in between Denen's sweet little kisses. He laughed and mussed Denen's hair, then moved to help him fix it because he was as particular about his hair as any woman, probably even more so than Dymphna.

"Well, thank you for that," he said, mouth working around the words since his hands were busy.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 1st, 2011, 6:14 am

His blue eyes studied Sam a moment, and he offered a meek, pure smile. The tunic slid back up, and he adjusted it over his shoulders. He felt silly, bordering ridiculous. He wasn't sure what it was that had caused him to act like that. His stomach twisted a little. Oh, gods, what if he had ruined everything? Sama'el didn't seem upset by it, or any different, not yet, anyway. But what if things changed when they got home? What if he didn't want Denen in his tent? He tried valiantly to keep the panic from crossing his pretty face. His cheeks flushed, and he remained very still as Sama'el adjusted his hair properly.

He reached up, then, seeking his hand, and held it gently for a moment. He traced the lines in his palm, smiling faintly. "M-My sister...can r-read...read palms, y-you know. A b-bunch of n-n-nonsense, but...it's f-f-fun." He bit his lower lip, and slowly released his hand. He was trying too hard.

"How are things with Dymphna?" He asked. "Do you think you'll be able to marry soon?" He hoped so, for both of them. It was as plain as day that they loved one another, and Denen wished for the both of them to be happy. The love had a way of spilling over, making him feel witness to be part of such a thing.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 2nd, 2011, 12:49 am

He let Denen stroke his palm, bemused by Denen's quiet but profound affection, and regretted it when his hand was relinquished. Smiling quietly at his quiet friend, he shrugged.

'Things are going well. I hope to marry her in the Spring, or by Summer at the latest.' He paused, then continued with a grin. 'Have her pregnant by Fall... You will have to help her birth our children.'

He hoped that Denen wouldn't grow jealous of Dymphna, whatever happened.

'Come on... I'm hungry. Let's eat.'

And with that, the more profound things faded away for the time being.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Being Drykas (Sam)

Postby Mixcoatl on February 21st, 2011, 6:34 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Sama'el

Experience
+3 Acrobatics
+2 Teaching
+1 Riding

Lore
Being stuck
The affection of the Drykas
Being loyal
Showing off
Being a pillow
Being kissed by a man
Accepting Denen into your pavilion

Denen

Experience
+1 Acrobatics
+1 Riding
+2 Seduction

Lore
Confusion
Friendly kisses
Admiration
Clumsy arms
The dead are part of the Web
Romantic kisses
Being accepted into a Pavilion

Additional Notes: EEEEEEEEEEEEW MAN KISSES MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!!!!

You guys know the drill, PM me if ya need something.

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous