[Solo]Making Acquaintances

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Postby Abelach on November 12th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Having disembarked the ship with which she arrived she glanced around, while making sure that she didn't fall of the docks. Made of dark wood and appearance estimated that they were made by an incompetent or drunk carpenter. Abelach had to move forward though, she couldn't spend the rest of her life sitting on a dock out of fear afterall. She carefully placed a step forward and let her bodyweight rest on it, nothing happend. She proceeded to glide over the nearly completely black wood, with the occasionall halt as it creaked under her weight. Eventually she made it off the dock and onto the island. Letting out a sigh of relief before wondering where she had to go for a meal and a place to stay.

She approached two people who seemed to be in the middle of a heated debate of sorts and asked them directions to the tavern. At first they plainly ignored her but as she stood her ground and asked them again, an agitated response was finally made.

" It's at the end of the commercial district, that row of white building you see over there. "

Abelach looked at where the man was pointing before thanking him and walking in the direction of the inn.
Last edited by Abelach on November 17th, 2010, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abelach
Player

Words: 18147
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2010, 2:26 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Abelach on November 12th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Making her way through the Quays Abelach encountered yet another person, well, more a ghost than a person but still. The female ghost approached Abelach and warned her for mole people. She didn't knew whether this ghost was slightly out of touch with reality or if she was joking but if she was, she was a mighty good actress.

Abelach bid her farewell in a friendly way at which the ghost went on her way to wherever, humming some sort of song or lullaby.
Last edited by Abelach on November 17th, 2010, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abelach
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abelach on November 12th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Leaving the Quays in the direction of the row of tomblike buildings Abelach passed a few of the citizens of Black Rock. Smiling and nodding in a friendly manner at passer-by's she forced herself in a good mood. Even if this place is unbeknownst and kind of scary to her, doesn't mean that there's actually anything to fear.

She had heard many stories about Black Rock from people she met on her travels to here and most were just gossip, obvious fantasied tales or ignorant prejudice.
But one man had told her detailed information about Black Rock. He had told her it was reigned by Dira, The Queen of the Dead, and that the order in Black Rock was upheld by her minions. The man hadn't been able to tell her much more except that a faith worse than death awaited those who disturbed the peace in Black Rock.

That story didn't exactly disturb Abelach's peace of mind as she wasn't planning on doing anything to disturb the peace of the island. Still, it could hardly be called comforting news. In her mind, Dira was a tyrant reigning the island with an iron fist through the work of her unholy minions. She had to get more information before she made up her mind about Dira though.

Finally arriving at The Crypt And Undertaker, which was hardly distinguishable from the other buildings except for the loud noises coming from inside, the inn seemed lively and vibrant as loud laughter and talking could be heard from the outside.

Abelach casually entered the building in the hopes of not drawing any attention to herself. But the unknown face and copper skin of hers ratted her out.
Everyone, ghosts and living alike, stared at her the moment she walked in.
The place fell as quiet as a...well, crypt.

In an attempt to make a good first impression she smiled hearthily and introduced herself as Abelach.

' Oohhh how cute, she's shyyyyy. '
One ghost mockingly yelled through the bar which resulted in much laughing 'till a loud voice from behind the bar shouted:

" Shut up and let her be at ease. "

Abelach quickly scurried off towards the counter and took a seat there. The occasional scoffing or mocking sound could be heard but overall the laughter had stopped and none of them made a move to pester her any more.

A beautiful woman but with a look in her eyes that show she is no kittycat to handle without gauntlets approached her, she appeared to be the bartender.

" Sorry about that, we don't get many new faces around here you see. So, what'll I get'cha copper? "

" Copper? "

" Aye, that's your nickname. Blame your copper skin for it, not me. "
She said before laughing in a friendly manner. She was a cheerful woman and instantly made you feel at ease.
Last edited by Abelach on November 17th, 2010, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abelach
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abelach on November 14th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Ordering a glass of water Abelach was in a cheerful mood, this didn't seem like a bad lill' island she thought as she looked around. Everyone was in a seemingly happy mood, chattering their tongues off and laughing pleasantly.

As she took a sip the female bartender approached her again.

" Are you going to stay here for a while? 'Cause we also have rooms for rent here you know. You can get a tour if you want. "

" That's great, I am planning on staying here for quite a time actually so I'll gladly accept your offer. "

" That's settled then, my name is Tara Finley and she is Kass Bercott. "
She said after calling over a teenage girl. " She'll show you around, copper. "

The teenage girl smiled politely and beckoned Abelach to follow her as she descended into the basement. Weird place to have the rooms, she thought as she followed obediently.

" These here are the rooms, the bathrooms are down the hall...any questions? "

The girl asked abruptly like she had no time to spare.

" What's the price for this room ? " Abelach responded.

" 5 silver Miza a night. I take it you only have Miza on you since you're new here. If you want Ashl coins you can exchange Miza for Ashl at the bar. "

Having little choice since she didn't knew any other inns on Black Rock yet Abelach accepted, the price was very reasonable aswell so she went back upstairs in a happy mood. She had arranged her living accomodation already and the place seemed cheerful enough to allow a good time.

" Mrs. Finley, could I exchange some Miza for Ashl please? " She asked the bartender politely as she retook her seat at the bar, surprised that her water was left untouched. Maybe the locals knew not to mess around in this place, she thought, looking at Tara.

" Sure thing love, 1 Ashl is 3 gold Miza. How many do you want to trade? "

Abelach seemed to remember her current capital was around 90 gold miza.

" Hmmm, would 39 Miza for 13 Ashl be ok? "

Tara nodded as a response and they traded. The inkblack coins were cold to touch and she involuntarily shivered as she held them in her hand. Tara noticed this but kept silent, and continued to dry off the glass in her hands.

Abelach quickly placed the 13 Ashl in her coinpurse with the remaining Mizas and took another sip from her water. She watched as a smiling man came out of the kitchen and kissed Tara before tapping a beer for himself and approach Abelach. He must be her husband, she thought as she smiled at him politely.

" Hey, I'm Patrick. Patrick Finley, this place's cook and Tara's husband. So I'm off-limits, sorry to tell ya. " He said laughingly

" Haha, I'm Abelach, dubbed *copper* by your wife. " She responded hearthily.

" Nice to meet you Abelach. Where are you from, you stand out quite strongly with that skintone of yours by the way. "
He remarked with a smile.

" I'm from the Eyktol Region, of the Tatsuwaat. Doubth you ever heard of them though. " she answered equally smiling. Just like with Tara, she felt at ease with Patrick.

" Oh interesting, so what brings you to this island? "

" I'd like to learn more about Spiritism, ghosts, their ways and the afterlife. I'm a Spiritist you see. "

The expression on Patrick's face suddenly changed to surprised, scared and then serious as he spoke:

" I sincerely hope you don't plan on interfering with the ghost's lives or worse, thinking of dusting a ghost... Dira and her servants do NOT take kindly to those who do. "

Abelach swallowed and her cheeks were strained as she took in what he said, last thing she'd ever want to do was to anger a Deity, especially not the Deity of Death.

" D-don't worry, I won't do anything foolish like that. I just came here to learn. "

" Oh ok then, just stay safe. I'd hate to exchange you for Miza. "
He said before walking back to the kitchen. Abelach had no idea what he meant by that but she was taken aback by the new information. Hopefully she'll stay on Dira's good side, she thought.
Abelach
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abelach on November 15th, 2010, 10:55 am

Having chit-chatted enough for the day Abelach called it a night and went to her room. The room was relatively cold and quite dark but it had a charm to it nonetheless. Abelach enjoyed the quiet alone time and sunk under the blankets before closing her eyes and laying her head to rest.

After a rather eventful night, where she woke up thanks to scratching noises coming from the other side of her door and ended up checking it out with her morningstar in her righthand. It turned out to be Kass Bercott trying to scare her. Needless to say she was the one who ended up getting scared thanks to a startled and morningstar-lifting Abelach opening up the door briskly.

Anyway, so after that eventful night she woke up in a rather happy mood. The excitement of being in a new and interesting location made her cheery. Entering the dining room, she took a seat at an unoccupied table. Looking around she noticed one particularly interesting table. Completely occupied by ethereal beings, ghosts, who were debating something vigorously.

She smirked as she saw Kass approach her, obviously unwilling to serve her but doing it nonetheless.

" What can I get you, person-who-nearly-killed-me. "

" Toast, eggs and water will do just fine, person-who-shouldn't-play-pranks. "

Abelach replied with a broad smile. Kass smiled aswell although she put on a mean face fast enough again. Abelach was convinced that the girl wasn't a bad person, she just put on a facade. Much like Abelach did.

After eating her breakfast, thanking and paying Kass she called her over again after a while of thinking what to do today.

" Miss Bercott, could you give me any tips on which places I should visit today? " She asked giddily.

After frowing for a while Kass finally compelled and even looked a bit happy as she replied:

" Well, since you're a Spiritist and all...why don't you visit the Chapel? Basia resides there, I'm sure she can teach you interesting stuff. "

Thrilled with this news Abelach continued to inquire about the location and best way of asking an audiance with Basia. Kass seemed equally thrilled to have a good conversationpartner. Perhaps this poor child doesn't have many friends, Abelach thought. She concluded with:

" Thanks alot for your help, really appreciate it, miss pretty-and-friendly-young-lady. " She said, which caused both of them to laugh and wave eachother goodbye as Abelach left the Crypt & Undertaker to visit The Chapel.
Abelach
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abelach on November 16th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Following the directions given by Kass, Abelach made her way to the western area of the island where the Chapel is supposed to be located. Having reached the outskirts of town Abelach spots a white marble building standing alone. That should be the place, she thought as she approached it. She noticed the sounds fading as she came closer and once she was at its doorstep the sounds around her had vanished completely. Only the sound of her breathing and footsteps could be heard.

She entered the building as quietly as possible since it was a chapel afterall. In the distant room she could hear a voice resonating through the white marble interior.

A rather large room filled with benches and a large pitchblank, shining statue of a woman raising her arms towards the sky was visible. The statue was accompanied by rather large jackal statues on either side. One being white as snow and the other black as a starless night.

Abelach took a seat on the closest bench and listened intently as the woman at the front preached with booming voice. She had strange markings on her face and Abelach remembered Kass telling her that Basia, The Highpriestess, had strange markings on her face. She must be Basia, she thought.

The last sentence Basia spoke, stayed with Abelach as the ceremony ended and the audience started to disperse and leave.

~ Thy shall not fear death for it is merely a new beginning. ~

Abelach knew she spoke truth, yet she wanted to retort by saying that although death is a new beginning. It is also an ending to everything a person has known for its entire mortal life. And as such death was allowed to be feared, you just had to overcome the fear of entering a new chapter in your existence.

Although she wanted to say that she kept quiet, it would be unwise to agitate the Highpriestess. Especially since she came to her for learning and understanding more about Spiritism.

After only Basia was left in the ceremonial room Abelach approached her.

“ Hello, I am Abelach… “ But she was interrupted mid-sentence.

‘ I know who you are child, and I know what you are. You’ve come to me for guiding have you not? ‘

After getting over her surprise Abelach responded:

“ Yes, I heard you are the Highpriestess and wise in many ways. I have come to learn about Spiritism, with your approval. “

The Highpriestess watched Abelach silently and with a look in her eyes like she was judging her. Making Abelach quite nervous in the process.

" I shall decide in due time. Come back tomorrow. "
Abelach
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cayenne on April 22nd, 2011, 6:58 pm

Seeing as you are no longer active, I'm going to leave this be. If you do return, let me know so I can grade it.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)