Gemini's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Gemini's Plotnotes

Postby Gemini on March 3rd, 2015, 12:46 am

Hey there, if you're reading this it's likely that you've read through my threads.

First off, I'd like to thank you for reading my writing! I know fully well my writing's not the best around, but I do put effort into it in hopes of improving. I thank you dearly for your support :)

This plotnote thread will be updated every time I complete a thread, mostly to provide context as to what the actual hell I'm trying to depict in my writing. Please find the plotnote to the corresponding thread that you wish to understand more about.

Index of Plotnotes

NPC Appendix

Section I - Flashbacks

Reality/Illusion series

I. Reality
Last edited by Gemini on March 28th, 2015, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini
A Lost Identity

Words: 19473
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2015, 2:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Reality/Illusion Series

Postby Gemini on March 7th, 2015, 10:36 am

[WIP]
Last edited by Gemini on March 28th, 2015, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini
A Lost Identity

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Gemini's Plotnotes

Postby Gemini on March 28th, 2015, 7:49 am

Plotnote post for Reality/Illusion Series

Index

I. Reality

----------

I. Reality
-----
"Reality" will be my very first flashback thread detailing where the events leading to the loss of Gemini's identity all began. In this thread you'll likely find a lot of things awkward and/or foreign, and that's what this explanation post is for.

1. The perspective of narration

This flashback was written mostly in a third-person subjective view, with slight interweaving elements of third-person universal (e.g the ending). However, it was before the events of Gemini completely losing memory of the past, and as such he still recognizes and is addressed by his true name, Gaios Tos.

2. Interchanging of pronouns

In the first post of the thread, you might have realized that the third-person pronouns change back and forth between a plural and a singular to address similar singular entities. This is due to the play's character "Gemini" being, in actuality, the personalities of two different people within a single body. Thus whenever a pronoun is referring to "Gemini", it is plural. "Gemini" also self-addresses in plural. The exception to this case is when other characters address Gemini in third-person, since they do not respect this acute aspect of the character. Usually "Gemini" will be referred by female pronouns by other characters.

Only the narration and those who truly understand "Gemini" will refer to them in plural.

3. "Gemini" and Gemini

This one is a bit more confusing. ["Gemini"] with quotation marks (and the majority of the time, italics) will be referring to the character in the play, as in, an entity within the play that does not physically exist in Mizahar. [Gemini] without quotation marks and italics will refer to my player character Gemini. In this thread it will be easy to differentiate since Gemini is still addressed by his true name Gaios.

I think that should address the few main concerns most of you will develop while reading through.

Plotnotes:

Reality is the first flashback thread in the planned "Reality/Illusion" arc, where Gemini gradually loses his identity. I don't want to reveal any spoilers yet but I guess I've made a few upcoming events too obvious - again, a feature of my poor writing ability. I apologize if you find it bland.

As the story progresses (when I have ample time to write), you'll find quite a lot of things beginning to develop and unravel. Hopefully some will actually be of a surprise to what you had in mind.

Characters:

Gemini/Gaios Tos (PC)

My player character, and the main character that I will be developing.

Loren (NPC)

Gaios's friend and stage director for the Troupe. He'll be playing an important role as you may have guessed.

Boham (NPC)

The boss/owner/CEO of the Troupe. He will be expanded on later.

The self-portrait mentioned in the thread:

That's all I'll be revealing for now. Again, thank you for reading my writing and actually being bothered to take time to come and understand what I'm trying to depict.
Gemini
A Lost Identity

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)