First time at this

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

First time at this

Postby Aunarra on March 13th, 2015, 8:53 pm

I am still a bit overwhelmed by the quantity of text to read! Its a lot to absorb. If any veterans would be willing to help me get on my feet I'd greatly appreciate it. Oh, I am going by Aunarra (Ah-nar-rah). Its my own personal name I've used in my stories/music/games IRL.
Anyway, l shall see how this goes and hope to hear back from someone soon!
Aunarra
Player

Words: 242
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2015, 8:08 pm
Race: Konti

First time at this

Postby Khida on March 13th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Aunarra! It's great to see another Drykas on the game. :)

I presume you've already read your starting PM and the Starting Guide. There is definitely a lot to take in, but those highlight the essentials for getting your character set up. Much of the rest of the lore, you'll pick up over time -- you don't have to absorb everything right off the bat!

Chat is also a great place to bring questions, and you're welcome to PM me if there's anything specific I can help you with.

I look forward to seeing you in RP!
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

First time at this

Postby Orin Fenix on March 13th, 2015, 9:23 pm

Hi Aunarra! Welcome to Mizahar! I'm not exactly a veteran but I might be able to help you out. First of all, there's a lot of text- I'm still slowly making my way through it myself- but it's definitely worth a good read. The welcome PM and the Starting Guide are both super helpful resources if you haven't already seen those. Also, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or pop into chat. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

EDIT: Khida beat me to it. But welcome!
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

First time at this

Postby Aunarra on March 13th, 2015, 10:31 pm

@Orin It is a lot of text! lol I just would like a simpler list of things I should do. I still dont even know how to make my character sheet let alone my character! I'm a writer and I'm completely overwhelmed! hahaha
Aunarra
Player

First time at this

Postby Nivel on March 15th, 2015, 2:43 am

here are some character sheet templates that might help, if you get stumped you can look up what you need to know.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

First time at this

Postby Aunarra on March 15th, 2015, 2:18 pm

@Nivel, thank you! I have already peeked at that page. :)
Aunarra
Player