[Group Plot Notes] Zeltivan Poltergeist

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Altaira Readva on March 19th, 2015, 7:23 am

Group Plot Note: Zeltivan Poltergeist
The purpose of this group plot note is to get down a hardcopy and proper place for the planning of events for the Zeltivan Poltergeist - I'd like to say that this isn't exclusively for those who wish to write with me on the event that I've claimed, but also for anyone who has claimed an event that has to do with the poltergeist and would like to see who is interested in joining them, or wishing to expand the event that they've claimed with others who have claimed their own (such as PC A joining PC B on their claimed event, and that leading onto PC B joining PC A for their claimed event with PC C and D for the hell of it). And also a place that Perp may keep tabs on if he wishes, so we don't plot anything that just won't do.

The below event is the one that I've claimed for myself, and anyone interested in joining in with writing with me, even more so since it seems like it will be the kind requiring several threads.
33rd- The mannequins in Yvette’s Dresses for All Occasions and The Saville tailors are found covered in makeup and ridiculous clothing. The merchants are mortified. Some of the public are greatly amused. Rumors circulate that a reward is being offered for the identity of The Poltergeist although from who is unknown but hints are left in the Denvali Quarter.

At the moment, I see at least two threads going on- one where the rumours of a reward and the unknown hints are heard, and one where the actual investigation in the Denvali Quarter take place. There may even be a third and fourth thread, they being actually at Yvette’s Dresses for All Occasions and The Saville tailors witnessing the aftermath of the silliness (perhaps even a ghost chase if that seems like something possible? :P), and one which is the actual 'close' (Though it may come in the form of a 'Part 2 Investigation').

Other than those, there are of course other possibilities if anyone has another event claim they'd like to throw into the mix!- Of which, of course, would be of their own making.

Altaira will be involved with the two (possibly four) threads I've mentioned above, and I would love to have some company! :D I would also like to say that if the rumour of the award is indeed no falsehood, I'm quite sure that Altaira would have no worries in splitting whatever winnings are earned with appropriately involved PCs ;)

Feel free to put up a note of your interest, what you'd maybe like to get involved, and start plotting! :) -I would also like to invite Perplexity (and any other Moderator if they feel the need) to put their own two cents worth into the page, to ensure that we aren't getting too carried away, or abusing the lore in any shape or form. Thanks!
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 19th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Hello again!

So we were previously talking about Demitri trying to rob Yvette's but running into the Poltergeist/Altaira. However, I messaged Perp, and while that would be possible, it would almost definitely get her arrested. ^^; While this wouldn't be a permanent sentence, it would be quite a bit of trouble, and Demitri would have to hire an attorney that she didn't have money for and then go on trial and all sorts of un-fun... I suppose there wouldn't be any severe punishment if she just didn't end up stealing anything, but I thought it might just be easier if she overheard someone talking about the Poltergeist/reward and decided to team up! Her thief-y skills could still come in handy, like if they saw the Poltergeist in the window and needed to break in to catch him. Let me know what sort of route you/you guys would prefer, alright? :p
I used my own picture for my avatar. Is that weird?
I was sick of not having pictures...
Oh well.
Also isn't it funny how you can make someone look completely different just by changing the lighting and upping the contrast?
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Words: 55391
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2015, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Telor Riptide on March 19th, 2015, 10:47 pm

If there are pranks, mystery, mischief, and rewards all in one place, I can't imagine missing out. Count Telor in! :D I'd love to take part in the Denvali Quarter search, if at all possible, but I'd also like to draw attention to the event on the 60th.

60th- The Lord of Council’s Office finds itself in a bit of a conundrum. Bloomers, underpants, unmentionables of all sorts are found strewn about the lobby. The Poltergeist strikes again!

I should think that at least a few people should need to go help redistribute the, ah, personal items that have been found, but there might be a few people who discover their own items there too. Either way, it should be a fun-filled thread, and I want Telor to be a part of it.

Would everyone be okay with me starting an open thread for this one, with Telor helping to clean up the mess, and just letting everyone else jump in as they please? If so, I can post a link to the thread here once I post it. Otherwise, we can do a sort of sign-up here to take inventory first. Whatever you guys think will work best. :)

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Altaira Readva on March 20th, 2015, 9:01 am

Demetri
Haha, either of those could work well enough indeed! :)

To be honest, the idea of a thief turned wannabe hero (if only for money) makes me giggle! Depending on what time the event takes place, you could even run it that your PC was being a shady character in general, and more or less stumbles upon the scene? I do believe that the rumour of the reward doesn't begin spreading until the day- with the event of the prank happening in the early hours of the morning.

As for Altaira, both her gnosis and her skills and spiritism would aid her into cluing into the presence of the poltergeist, so I was more or less thinking that she could happen upon the scene post-prank, if only by a hair, having been drawn to the site herself after her ghosty sense went tingling :P You could even have Demitri follow Altaira for whatever reason?- perhaps even as simple stealth practice?

Telor
Nice! :D

Feel free to comment in the Zeltivan Seasonal Calender and claim the event before posting up the open thread, or doing things however you like- once you claim the event it is entirely up to you how you choose to use it, whether it is open or invite/permission only ;) :)
I would certainly be keen in joining you for that thread if you would allow it, nonetheless!
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 20th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Haha, I like that idea, too. Pretty up Demitri's alley, I think. ^^; And ooh, sneaking after Altaira, that could be fun. :p Probably just doing some typical pick-pocketing, followed one of the more well-off looking citizens, and happened to notice her going off toward the scene of the crime~ And how would you wanna go about it after the discovery? Just follow Altaira's "ghosty sense"? Ohhh, and should we ask Perp to be The Poltergeist?
Oh well.
Also isn't it funny how you can make someone look completely different just by changing the lighting and upping the contrast?
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on March 24th, 2015, 9:23 pm

Haha, I love you enthusiasm ;)

I figure we can get a general idea sorted for the Poltergeist, then clear that through Perp or edit as need be- that way we're not constantly pestering him about too many details at once :D Though I will most likely ask him for a spot of aid regarding what exactly would be going on the Denvali Quarter, but that can happen closer to the date.

As for after the discovery- Alta might possibly attempt a short chase before realising its futile, at which point I will imagine she will be quite frustrated. I will likely write up an in-between solo where she heard of the rumours about the payment for the identity and the ties to the Denvali quarter. Time wise, I think we might actually have it just after Dawn, but before the stores are open?- Given how cheeky the poltergeist is, it wouldn't surprise me if s/he was toeing the line with how close they come to being caught.

Otherwise, I don't want to plan too much? I was thinking I might have the thread 'closed' for a couple of posts between us before switching it to 'Open' or 'PM to Join,' just so that anyone who is interested can feel free to join.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 27th, 2015, 4:37 am

Haha, I try. ^^;

And ahhh, that sounds like a good plan. Personally I was thinking the Poltergeist would be a little on the sinister side, or kind of like a really unmotivated anarchist. Highly doubtful that he/she/it would kill you outright, but pursuing him/her/it could go bad. Of course it could go more on the extremes; we could either have a really silly culprit or a really dangerous one (or both!). What do you think?

Oh, and also~ Is it a him, a her, or an it?? Or do we just never find out?

And all of that sounds very good. I'm gonna trust your judgment on all of that, just do what you think fits best and I will follow. ^^ Closed for a little while would probably be good, yeah, just to get it started in some sort of direction.

I can't wait for this to start. Yay! :D
Oh well.
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on March 28th, 2015, 5:28 am

PFFT, I kind of love the thought of a really unmotivated anarchist. Personally, I actually think that it might be a child or adolescent? Not so much sinister as mischevious?- Given that there is no harm truly being done- just more so a prank here and there. Otherwise, I know plenty of 20-somethings that act like they're 3, so it could very well be that XD

As for a gender- no idea yet!

That's what I was thinking- give the flow a chance to run properly before opening it up to others, if they feel its a case that they may be interested in! Just so that way, there is a clear idea of where things have gone, and where they are at.

I have PM'd the Perple, and he has given forth some brilliant clues! I will probably reveal them to you as the thread goes on, because surprises are always fun! ;) I will see about getting the thread up in the next couple of days!- and I may PM you a little more detailed plan of attack then :P
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 28th, 2015, 5:52 am

XD Me, too. And ahh yes, that makes sense. ^^ I guess I would think younger adolescent then, maybe 13 or 14?

Ooookay! ^^; Well maybe we could just leave it undetermined until the big reveal?

Mhmm, I agree one hundred percent. Still room for things to go basically anywhere, but it has a little more direction and planning. :) So I guess closed until Demitri really gets on your tail, then... open?

Oh hooray! That works, surprises are almost as good as spoilers. ;) Just let me know when you want to start, I'm ready when you are!
Oh well.
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on April 5th, 2015, 11:18 pm

*Drum Roll*

And the thread is up!
I figured the shorter, the sweeter this time around. Probably better to keep it fast paced and not too bogged down! :)

I left it as PM to Join because I figured that someone might wish to slip in :P

Looking forward to getting this all up and into the air!
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes