[Issues found by Perplexity] Aedifex Aghanim

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Aedifex Aghanim

Postby Aedifalse on March 22nd, 2015, 2:05 pm

Aedifex Aghanim

Information

Faceclaim: Tyler Hoechlin
University Course: Weaponsmithing by Garath Markwell

Appearance

Race: Isur, Clan Pitrius
Birthday: 475-SPRING-01
Birthplace: Sultros

Appearance: Aedifex stands slightly taller than some Isurs at 5'1", but does not look as stocky or muscular due to his lower investment in exercise, putting him at around 220 lbs. He has the signature black arm blessed to all mageclan truebloods with its almost-glowing silvery veins contrasting sharply against its obsidian surface. He has a dour look stereotypical of Isurs which makes him seem unapproachable, and this effect is further amplified by his monochromatic theme created by his jet black eyes and hair contrasted with a pale complexion that signaled a severe lack of outdoor activities.

Character Concept

Aedifex is in the business of Industry. Like his god Izurdin, he is a strong believer in the power of crafting, and views all forms of creation reverently. He seeks to master all forms of crafting to place himself one step closer to his Father, and is on a fervent path to do so. In that regard, he has a strong reverence for the economy as well, for the Economy has existed as long as Industry, whether it is through barter or currency, and the two cannot exist without the other.

Character Personality

Aedifex has a mostly moody and grumpy personality befitting of his constantly dour expression. However, his mood can be turned up a whole hundred-eighty degrees when involved in his passions of Industry and Economy - that is, crafting and money. When doing so, he adopts an entirely manic personality heartily that causes those who have seen his both personalities to have suspected him to be an Akalak, if not for his lack of blue skin. In most other cases not involving his interests, he would be half-part lackadaisical and half-part stoic, and most certainly full-parts boring.

Speech Pattern

Aedifex was raised to be as respectful and polite as possible to everyone in his interactions, whether they be a child of Izurdin or not. While this runs contrary to the typical xenophobia of Isurs, this speech pattern was not a sign of respect or equality. Instead, it was a style of politicking developed by the Pitrius Clan, as masters of subterfuge and political navigation, and these values were inculcated deep into the young Isur so as to seem as harmless and polite as possible while minimising any potential enemies. As such, as a matter of habit he would refer to almost everyone with their honorary prefix and last name. The honorary prefix could be a formal title, or a reflection of their relationship with Aedi, but in any case, his form of speech would strike others as courteous and stately, yet oddly formal.

Character History

Aedifex does not remember anything significant about his childhood, but rather it was a gentle flow of memories transitioning to another. He barely remembered his father, who was often not at home and who soon left for the allure of the outside world. His childhood mostly involves the four walls of the underground fortress of Sultros and practical education. He had been handling magecrafting ever since he was deemed suitable, and was passed from one Pitirus relative to another to add to his exposure. If he had to sum up his childhood, he would probably say that he grew up in a wizarding laboratory.

Most of his youth involved transferring between the magecraft laboratory and the smithy, learning and understanding both the core skills of Clan Pitrius as well as the original industrial skill of smithing. Incidentally, he was introduced to Malediction by one of his less orthodox clan mates, for it was told that magecraft and malediction were simply two different sides of the same coin, and their family firmly believed in the importance of a holistic education.

When he reached 39, his mother handed him an old, oddly shaped key and said that it was a gift from his father before he left. The only instruction he received was that his father awaited him in the Sylira Region, but only after making a name for himself. It was with this vague goal that Aedifex found himself in the bustling, trade-friendly city of Zeltiva. It was here that he found himself with no family and no friends, only with some money, some skills, and a mysterious key that he now wears around his neck to remind him of his father and his training in Sultros.

The enterprising Isur soon learned that while he may be alone physically, Izurdin would always be with him, and that the climb would always be the most satisfying when starting at the bottom.

Language

Fluent Language: Isurian
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: Nader-Canoch

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Heirloom: An old but durable Good Key worn as an amulet around the neck.
Key Amulet :

Housing

House: Zeltiva: University Dorms, Sahova: The Quarters

Ledger

Date Entry Mizas (GM) Total
515-SPRING-01 Starting Package +100 100
515-SPRING-01 Cashed-in Housing +500 600
515-SPRING-04 Enrollment into Weaponsmithing @ University of Zeltiva -30 570
Last edited by Aedifalse on April 10th, 2015, 5:34 am, edited 12 times in total.
PSA: To those concerned about the intervention on my CS, do not be alarmed. I am innocent of all of the accusations, since Aedifex is my first and only account. I am in the midst of clearing my name, but I believe that Justice and Truth will reign in the end. Do be patient with me as I clear up the misunderstanding.

Reminder: Aedi is Fluent in Isurian but Basic in Common. This means that any conversation he makes in Common is likely to be broken, disjointed and otherwise weird. It is entirely intentional and not a typo/spelling/grammatical error. If it helps for your visualization, this video would be an excellent approximation of how he speaks Common.
Aedifalse
Account changed to "Aedifex"

Words: 71650
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2015, 12:57 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Aedifex Aghanim

Postby Aedifalse on April 4th, 2015, 5:03 pm

Character Progression

Skills

Skill Level XP Novice Competent Expert Master
Armorsmithing Novice 14 ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵
Auristics Novice 5 ☩✯✻✵❂
Endurance Novice 3 ☩✯✻
Glyphing Novice 5 ☩✯✻✵❂
Investigation Novice 5 ☩✯✻✵❂
Land Navigation Novice 1
Magecraft Competent 26 ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂
Malediction Novice 5 ☩✯✻✵❂
Negotiation Novice 2
Observation Novice 7 ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯
Organization Novice 2
Planning Novice 5 ✯✻✵❂
Running Novice 1
Socialization Novice 4 ☩✯✻✵
Stealth Novice 1
Tactics Novice 4 ☩✯✻✵
Weaponsmithing Novice 19 ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵❂ ☩✯✻✵

Lores (13)

Basic Blacksmithing Techniques
Geographical Familiarity with Sultros
Zeltiva: University of Zeltiva
Garath Markwell: Towering Blacksmith
University of Zeltiva: Certificate of Completion
University of Zeltiva: Class Prices
Blacksmithing: Punching
Blacksmithing: Drawing
Blacksmithing: Shrinking
Blacksmithing: Upsetting
Blacksmithing: Bending
Blacksmithing: A Mixture of Techniques
Social Tactics: Indifference

Gnosis

Izentor I
Last edited by Aedifalse on April 10th, 2015, 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PSA: To those concerned about the intervention on my CS, do not be alarmed. I am innocent of all of the accusations, since Aedifex is my first and only account. I am in the midst of clearing my name, but I believe that Justice and Truth will reign in the end. Do be patient with me as I clear up the misunderstanding.

Reminder: Aedi is Fluent in Isurian but Basic in Common. This means that any conversation he makes in Common is likely to be broken, disjointed and otherwise weird. It is entirely intentional and not a typo/spelling/grammatical error. If it helps for your visualization, this video would be an excellent approximation of how he speaks Common.
Aedifalse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Aedifex Aghanim

Postby Aedifalse on April 6th, 2015, 7:42 am

Calendar of Events

Flashbacks

505-SPRING-20 | ☐ | Learning to Make Staff Together
514-FALL-91 | Departure from Syliras

Flashbacks: Winter 514 AV
01 | ▣ | Arrival in Mithryn Outpost, Planting Seeds I: Executing a Request
02 | ☐ | Planting Seeds II: From Inspiration Springs Dissent
04~08 | ▣ | Planting Seeds III: Mithryn Boot Camp
15 | Departure from Mithryn Outpost

Spring 515 AV

01 | ✔ | Arrival in Zeltiva, Job Application
02 | ✔ | The Markwell Misunderstanding I: Inquiries at the University
03 | ✔ | The Markwell Misunderstanding II: The Blackboard Invitation
04 | ▣ | The Markwell Misunderstanding III: Exploring an Opportunity
05 | ☐ | First Day Orientation
06 | ☐ | The Armed Scholar: Spring 515 AV
07~12 | ☐ | The Zeltivan Blueprints I: Formalizing the Swordsmith
14~19 | The Zeltivan Blueprints II: No Mere Axcident
21~26 | The Zeltivan Blueprints III: Hammering out the Details
28 | The Zeltivan Blueprints IV
35 | The Zeltivan Blueprints V
41 | ☐ | Today is a Bad Day
42 | The Zeltivan Blueprints VI
49 | The Zeltivan Blueprints VII
56 | The Zeltivan Blueprints VIII
61 | Departure from Zeltia
74 | Arrival on Sahova
75 | ▣ | To Impress the Dead I: Preparations of the Mundane
76~78 | ▣ | To Impress the Dead II: Preparations of the Magical
79 | ☐ | The Corridors of Knowledge
80 | ▣ | To Impress the Dead III: The Apprentice Judgement

Legend
  • ☐ = In Progress
  • ▣ = Submitted to Requests
  • ✔ = Grades Awarded

Aedifalse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Aedifex Aghanim

Postby Perplexity on April 10th, 2015, 11:37 pm

Notice

All association with the domain of Zeltiva is to be removed from this character sheet. Any grades awarded, any items purchased, any expenses associated with the domain are rendered null and void. Remove them. This is as a result of the following:

• Players are allowed a maximum of 5 active accounts.
  • Two PCs from the same player cannot be in the same Domain at the same time unless they have a really good reason and permission from the location's DS or a Founder.

This decision has been reached after extensive investigation. It is final.

Sincerely,
Perplexity- DS of Zeltiva

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)